Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,370 members, 7,808,292 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:57 AM

A+ Certification Versus CCNA (nigerian Context) - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / A+ Certification Versus CCNA (nigerian Context) (1255 Views)

What Is A 'teller Number' In The Nigerian Context? / Chemical Engineering Versus Mechanical Engineering Forum / I Have MCSE: Is A+ Certification Necessary? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A+ Certification Versus CCNA (nigerian Context) by alcuin(m): 8:07pm On Nov 12, 2013
I'm really not sure where to post this because the computer section is full with adverts on PCs for sale and there is no section strictly for practicing and aspiring IT professionals. The closest is this programming section.

I am having some difficulties choosing between an A+ certification and a CCNA certification. I have background knowledge of both and good programming skills. I want to know the opportunities for holders of each certificate in Nigeria. What are the prospects

CCNA seems to be employment centric (i.e getting jobs from established IT firms) but A+ seems to be more into self-employment (i.e establishing a hardware repair shop).

Your take, please.
Re: A+ Certification Versus CCNA (nigerian Context) by barapistis(m): 9:30am On Nov 14, 2013
bro,you will need both.n yes ccna is employment centric like you said,but i bet you cant be that good if you dont have the knowledge of networking while been a computer engineer.....if you start wit a+,it most likely going to be hard for u to understand networking,but if otherwise you enjoy a+ at the end of the day....so start with networking then move to the main thing
Re: A+ Certification Versus CCNA (nigerian Context) by mystical10: 11:16pm On Nov 14, 2013
Grab ur own CCNA dump ASP
Re: A+ Certification Versus CCNA (nigerian Context) by alcuin(m): 8:58am On Nov 15, 2013
bara pistis: bro,you will need both.n yes ccna is employment centric like you said,but i bet you cant be that good if you dont have the knowledge of networking while been a computer engineer.....if you start wit a+,it most likely going to be hard for u to understand networking,but if otherwise you enjoy a+ at the end of the day....so start with networking then move to the main thing

I heard CCNA is not much viable in Nigeria. Any comment on this??
Re: A+ Certification Versus CCNA (nigerian Context) by barapistis(m): 10:04am On Nov 15, 2013
lies,it one of those certification selling for now with regards to employment
Re: A+ Certification Versus CCNA (nigerian Context) by barapistis(m): 10:08am On Nov 15, 2013
the main probs is that so many people have the certification,but i gues you already know what you going for since it not really for getting employed.
Re: A+ Certification Versus CCNA (nigerian Context) by alcuin(m): 7:14pm On Nov 15, 2013
Fair enough. For me, the main incentive for having a certificate, rather learning, networking is to improve on my knowledge base and apply it to projects.
Re: A+ Certification Versus CCNA (nigerian Context) by barapistis(m): 1:44pm On Nov 16, 2013
alcuin: Fair enough. For me, the main incentive for having a certificate, rather learning, networking is to improve on my knowledge base and apply it to projects.

Ok
Get started
Re: A+ Certification Versus CCNA (nigerian Context) by alcuin(m): 2:42pm On Nov 16, 2013
Do you have any idea where to get latest reading materials and software for CCNA self study? The ones I have are a bit outdated.

Thanks
Re: A+ Certification Versus CCNA (nigerian Context) by barapistis(m): 3:00pm On Nov 16, 2013
lolz the new curiculum for ccna just came out last month,n most people dont have that material yet,but even the old vids and books are still working fine becos thats what we still use to train our students,(my own be say may them sabi am pass exam) ,90 percent of it is still on the former ,,,,,i have vids and materials on ccna,ccna security,networking plus,n ccda......

Self study is posible especially when you have the videos,some chapters like subnetting are often difficult if you have to use books
Re: A+ Certification Versus CCNA (nigerian Context) by alcuin(m): 5:38pm On Nov 16, 2013
Nice.

Can u send me some materials, the ones on CCNA? Or better still, give me the link to download them.
Re: A+ Certification Versus CCNA (nigerian Context) by barapistis(m): 7:40pm On Nov 16, 2013
dont know of any links for full vids but you can get pdf from 4shared,and part videos from youtube
Re: A+ Certification Versus CCNA (nigerian Context) by barapistis(m): 7:44pm On Nov 16, 2013
searching the new boston.org if i can get some links now
Re: A+ Certification Versus CCNA (nigerian Context) by alcuin(m): 9:37pm On Nov 16, 2013
Thanks.....
Re: A+ Certification Versus CCNA (nigerian Context) by Godwin10(m): 2:21am On Nov 21, 2013
Alcuin, what did yu study in school?
Re: A+ Certification Versus CCNA (nigerian Context) by alcuin(m): 7:45am On Nov 21, 2013
Godwin10: Alcuin, what did yu study in school?

I'm still in school studying Petroleum engineering. Although, I have a Diploma in ICT. I got involved in IT from my Diploma days and now, I am more into programming (Java, Python). I hope to use networking knowledge to build good network-aware applications.

(1) (Reply)

Undergraduate Quits Medical School After 10 Years To Pursue His Dream / Importance Of Customer Relationship Management Skills / Team Work Ability, What Does It Mean?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.