Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,342 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:37 AM

Please Anyone With Idea Of The Cost Of License To Start A School? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Please Anyone With Idea Of The Cost Of License To Start A School? (8461 Views)

See The Cost Of Studying For 5 Years In A Nigerian University / A School Inside A Container In Port-harcourt / Uk Disqualifies Nigerian Doctors From Seeking License To Practice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Anyone With Idea Of The Cost Of License To Start A School? by Fhemmmy: 8:11pm On Nov 12, 2013
Anyone with an idea of the cost of obtaining the license to start a school in Nigeria?
Nursery
Elementary School
High School
University

And any other fees that are associated with this? If you have information of contact of right government agency as well.

Re: Please Anyone With Idea Of The Cost Of License To Start A School? by Nobody: 8:13pm On Nov 12, 2013
Fhemmmy: Anyone with an idea of the cost of obtaining the license to start a school in Nigeria?
Nursery
Elementary School
High School
University

And any other fees that are associated with this? If you have information of contact of right government agency as well.

Re: Please Anyone With Idea Of The Cost Of License To Start A School? by Fhemmmy: 8:16pm On Nov 12, 2013
Divepen:

My honorable G.O . . . Do you have information for me?
Re: Please Anyone With Idea Of The Cost Of License To Start A School? by Osama10(m): 10:25pm On Nov 12, 2013
You want to start school?
Re: Please Anyone With Idea Of The Cost Of License To Start A School? by Nobody: 10:45pm On Nov 12, 2013
Fhemmmy:

My honorable G.O . . . Do you have information for me?
i have ppl i can ask sir for primary schul
Re: Please Anyone With Idea Of The Cost Of License To Start A School? by Nobody: 10:46pm On Nov 12, 2013
And also secondary skul
Re: Please Anyone With Idea Of The Cost Of License To Start A School? by Fhemmmy: 11:46pm On Nov 12, 2013
Divepen:
i have ppl i can ask sir for primary schul

I will appreciate if you could get this for me, Sir . . . I will be grateful
Re: Please Anyone With Idea Of The Cost Of License To Start A School? by Fhemmmy: 11:46pm On Nov 12, 2013
Osama10: You want to start school?

You be my Oga at the Top and i will always hail oh
Re: Please Anyone With Idea Of The Cost Of License To Start A School? by Fhemmmy: 11:47pm On Nov 12, 2013
Divepen: And also secondary skul

Awaiting the information, Sir and God will bless you for this
Re: Please Anyone With Idea Of The Cost Of License To Start A School? by Olastep1(m): 12:03am On Nov 13, 2013
Recommend this thread 4 front page
Re: Please Anyone With Idea Of The Cost Of License To Start A School? by Fhemmmy: 12:07am On Nov 13, 2013
Olastep1: Recommend this thread 4 front page

CHairman, on the front page could derail the thread oh . . . But anything to get the reliable information
Re: Please Anyone With Idea Of The Cost Of License To Start A School? by dheaven: 2:59am On Nov 13, 2013
I need the info as well especially university.
Re: Please Anyone With Idea Of The Cost Of License To Start A School? by Fhemmmy: 2:45pm On Nov 13, 2013
dheaven: I need the info as well especially university.

Great, so me and you in same both . . . . Hope we could get the information here
Re: Please Anyone With Idea Of The Cost Of License To Start A School? by Nobody: 6:49pm On Nov 13, 2013
Uncle Fhemmmy...I did the inquiry and what i was told is that For primary school,and secondary school i suppose,
-You will have to go the ministry of Education
-There you will bring 3 names of which one will be chosen
-The name search will cost you 10,000 naira
-Then the other processes include *checking the site for the school
* the plot
*Making sure it is not a place people are living in
*structure that the school must have...
##The amount for those differ
It is after that the school will be approved
but they do not give license to open school...

That is for primary school i will be visiting a woman tomorrow to know more About Secondary....

You can try to reach Gmolen to know about University:He is a lecturer...i will see if i can get him also
Re: Please Anyone With Idea Of The Cost Of License To Start A School? by Fhemmmy: 6:56pm On Nov 13, 2013
Divepen: Uncle Fhemmmy...I did the inquiry and what i was told is that For primary school,and secondary school i suppose,
-You will have to go the ministry of Education
-There you will bring 3 names of which one will be chosen
-The name search will cost you 10,000 naira
-Then the other processes include *checking the site for the school
* the plot
*Making sure it is not a place people are living in
*structure that the school must have...
##The amount for those differ
It is after that the school will be approved
but they do not give license to open school...

That is for primary school i will be visiting a woman tomorrow to know more About Secondary....

You can try to reach Gmolen to know about University:He is a lecturer...i will see if i can get him also

You are the best and i am sure me and you will do much more stuff together, i will look into the Ministry of Education but for a fresh start, buying a land might not be ideal or economical

Please someone find us Gmolen oh, we need his expertise here
Re: Please Anyone With Idea Of The Cost Of License To Start A School? by Nobody: 7:26pm On Nov 13, 2013
No matter your plans sir make sure it is the best
Re: Please Anyone With Idea Of The Cost Of License To Start A School? by Fhemmmy: 7:27pm On Nov 13, 2013
Divepen: No matter your plans sir make sure it is the best

Thanks a lot and looking forward to a great one and with people like you, No wahala
Re: Please Anyone With Idea Of The Cost Of License To Start A School? by Fhemmmy: 9:26pm On Nov 13, 2013
Here comes the hump of another week, It is all about HIM
Re: Please Anyone With Idea Of The Cost Of License To Start A School? by Fhemmmy: 12:20am On Nov 14, 2013
More information needed please
Re: Please Anyone With Idea Of The Cost Of License To Start A School? by MidaxPhoenix(m): 12:45pm On Nov 14, 2013
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
The cost actually varies across the different states but the requirements are somehow homogenous. most of the officials of the ministry of education hide behind lack of infrastructure to charge people extra fees. so i will dwell on the requirements.

Accreditation
The Federal Ministry of Education outlines the following stages in the accreditation process:
1. The proprietor/proprietress of the new school applies to the state government. On payment of an application fee, a form is issued alongside a copy of the minimum standards for the establishment of schools.

2. (i) the state authorities inspect the site;
(ii) If what is on ground is consistent with the guidelines, a provisional approval is given;
(iii) Where it is not consistent, the proprietor is advised to comply with or stop further development. Based on this, he/she can later ask for re-inspection.

3. Three years after the establishment of the school, officials of the FME carry out Recognition Inspection of the school. A letter of approval is then issued if the school meets all the guidelines. Subsequently, regular visits are to be conducted to the school.
School accreditation is a type of school self evaluation, a systematic and comprehensive evaluation to look out for areas of strengths and weaknesses of the school.

In Nigeria, the aspect of school accreditation has not been fully developed. In cases where it is done, it may be once in about five years or more.

In such occasions a team of officials from the inspectorate division of the ministry of education, a few selected principals and some head teachers are made to visit and inspect the schools in line with the spelt out guidelines.

However the reports of these panels rarely see the light of the day. If properly done, accreditation should bring about positive changes in a school system. Through accreditation schools receive external mark of quality, teachers engage in more meaningful teaching, students’ academic performance is raised and the whole school system is overhauled.

With the introduction of school based management committee into the Nigerian school system, it is expected that the concept of school self evaluation will be put into frequent practice.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Anyone With Idea Of The Cost Of License To Start A School? by MidaxPhoenix(m): 1:04pm On Nov 14, 2013
Description Schooltype PRIMARY SECONDARY
Land with certificate of occupancy 1-5 HECTARES 4-8 HECTARES

Re: Please Anyone With Idea Of The Cost Of License To Start A School? by MidaxPhoenix(m): 1:07pm On Nov 14, 2013
PHYSICAL FACILITIES

Re: Please Anyone With Idea Of The Cost Of License To Start A School? by MidaxPhoenix(m): 1:10pm On Nov 14, 2013
PHYSICAL FACILITY CONTD

Re: Please Anyone With Idea Of The Cost Of License To Start A School? by MidaxPhoenix(m): 1:17pm On Nov 14, 2013
HUMAN RESOURCES REQUIRED

Re: Please Anyone With Idea Of The Cost Of License To Start A School? by MidaxPhoenix(m): 1:31pm On Nov 14, 2013
For primary schools, NCE is required of all head teachers while for junior and senior secondary schools the requirement is a B.Ed degree or a university degree with a teaching qualification.

All states seem to agree with these requirements.

The teachers’ qualification for primary schools was the NCE except in the case of Edo and Kaduna states which could also accept a teachers’ certificate grade II.

For junior and senior secondary schools the NCE, B.Ed, 1st degree and PGDE are the required qualifications.

The minimum number of teachers at inception as specified by the federal government is 3 for primary and 12 for both junior and senior secondary schools

Certification
Nigerians place much emphasis on paper certification. The NPE decrees that the conduct of examination and award of certificate at the primary should be by the head master.

At the junior secondary level of education, National Examinations Council (NECO) and state ministries of education conduct the terminal examinations for certification.

At the senior secondary school level, external examination bodies like West African Examinations Council (WAEC) and NECO are responsible for the certification exercise.

The Nigerian National Policy on Education provides guidelines for certification at each level of schooling. In it, it is stated that at the end of the six-year primary education, the Primary school leaving certificate, which is based only on continuous assessment shall be issued locally by the head teacher of the school.

For the three-year junior secondary school certificate (JSC), it is based on continuous assessment and examination conducted by state and NECO.

CULLED FROM
Accreditation and certification issues in Nigerian schools
Omaze Anthony Afemikhe1, Jennifer Omo-Egbekuse2 and Sylvanus Yakubu Imobekhai3

SO MR FEMI, if you can provide the requirements above, the cost of registration is almost negligible but should any one of them be found not in place, the nigerian factor comes in. the officials will ask you for outrageous amount, claiming paperwork.

They are very notorious during registration for external examination such as WAEC, NECO etc, you will have to bribe the officials, Zonal district officer, Ministry of education etc, but if you can have the facility, registration is mere paperwork and they will avoid you like plague.

1 Like

Re: Please Anyone With Idea Of The Cost Of License To Start A School? by Fhemmmy: 2:33pm On Nov 14, 2013
Midax&Phoenix, Thanks a lot for this in depth information, i will surely print it out, study and take my time to digest it all . . . You are blessed, Sir!
Re: Please Anyone With Idea Of The Cost Of License To Start A School? by MidaxPhoenix(m): 3:07pm On Nov 14, 2013
Fhemmmy: Midax&Phoenix, Thanks a lot for this in depth information, i will surely print it out, study and take my time to digest it all . . . You are blessed, Sir!

A ki dupe ara eni.

Warm Regards
Re: Please Anyone With Idea Of The Cost Of License To Start A School? by Fhemmmy: 3:09pm On Nov 14, 2013
Midax & Phoenix:

A ki dupe ara eni.

Warm Regards

I am dancing azonto and smiling with this great info, but if you dont mind me asking you, do you currently run a school, if yes, please which state?
Re: Please Anyone With Idea Of The Cost Of License To Start A School? by MidaxPhoenix(m): 5:12pm On Nov 14, 2013
Fhemmmy:

I am dancing azonto and smiling with this great info, but if you dont mind me asking you, do you currently run a school, if yes, please which state?

I used to manage a school in sango otta, ogun state and the school was borne out of a preparatory school (tutorial center). So during the registration, i got to know the details and modalities involved.

Presently, I am a client manager of an educational consult in lekki-Ajah, Lagos, a part of lagos where schools thrive very well.
most of them have the structures already and consequently have no problem with officials.

let me give an example, while registering the school, we couldnt provide 3 standard laboratories for the science department. The official ask us to pay a certain amount to offset that inadequacy.

The basic thing about having a school is to.......
-- identify the market (the class of the society you are targeting)

--the type or form of school (creche, primary or secondary)

-- Brand the school very well ( concepts do work well in lagos).
some parents send the kids to a school just to show their social status. The Parent forum of some schools like America international school, BIS, even chrisland, Greenspring are just like a social club.

most of these schools form the base of our clients so i do relate with them well.

--- invest in human resources and infrastructure, the more the packaging the better ( nigerian love to associate with good things, ask seun osewa, ambassador schools just came to otta and people sent their kid there, another school adjacent the road with good structures too and cant even boast of 20 students in ss2).

My official e mail is olayinka@ebtutors.com should you have any other questions.
you can check the consult website www.ebtutors.com

Regards

1 Like

Re: Please Anyone With Idea Of The Cost Of License To Start A School? by Fhemmmy: 6:27pm On Nov 14, 2013
^^^ You surely gonna read from me and we will talk so much more . . . thanks for this
Re: Please Anyone With Idea Of The Cost Of License To Start A School? by Fhemmmy: 7:47pm On Nov 14, 2013
What a great info
Re: Please Anyone With Idea Of The Cost Of License To Start A School? by Nobody: 8:06pm On Nov 14, 2013
Thaz a detail information

(1) (2) (Reply)

List Of Courses You Can Study Without Maths And English - 2016 Edition / Unizik Cut-Off Marks for 2012/2013 Admission List available here / 100 Oau Slangs And Meanings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.