Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,921 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:30 AM

The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport (38235 Views)

The Shame Called Nigerian Embassy In Johannesburg, SA / The Bad State Of Murtala Muhammed International Airport / Jonathan Transforms Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos - Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport by Joshthefirst(m): 9:18am On Nov 13, 2013
slim fit :
That's why my child would not come to Nigeria again, never he said. He said people were behaving like animals no offence. He reminded me of me too much. Like father like daughter. Even a monkey has better organisation than us.

Its like we deliberately make simple things look difficult. Can you imagine.
neo-colonialism?
Are you racist to your own people?

7 Likes

Re: The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport by Nobody: 9:40am On Nov 13, 2013
thank God the article was not written by a yoruba man. lol

1 Like

Re: The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport by femogbangba: 9:47am On Nov 13, 2013
Re: The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport by Nobody: 9:49am On Nov 13, 2013
texazzpete: But, but I thought InSincere9igerian and his cohorts made a post recently to say the airports have been fully rejuvenated under the current Aviation minister.

Seems more like hot air than fresh air

PS: In before the likes of Elueme, Sincere9igerian and [b]Taharqa [/b]come here to call Omojuwa a known saboteur cheesy
When i saw that post you were referring to, i was wondering where those pictures posted on that thread originated from. I passed through that same airport a week before the thread, it was an eyesore to the guys i was traveling with to Ghana.
Re: The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport by abbas589: 9:53am On Nov 13, 2013
the country shaa hmmmmn [sup][/sup]
Re: The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport by Nobody: 9:56am On Nov 13, 2013
MMA is a local international 'airpot'.it is very easy to blame govt.but am sure that the govt releases funds every year for maintenance but the airpot management dey chop clean mouth.infact everything is bad from the management to the,security staff to the attendants.nigerian airports need a miracle to attain world standards.and where are d so called renovations oduah carried out i think this is the first record of a scientific anomaly where renovations disappear into thin air.naija! we give up

2 Likes

Re: The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport by billante(m): 9:58am On Nov 13, 2013
slim fit :
That's why my child would not come to Nigeria again, never he said. He said people were behaving like animals no offence. He reminded me of me too much. Like father like daughter. Even a monkey has better organisation than us.

Good for you and your son! you expect us to build nigeria for you and when it it good and ok,you now come back to enjoy.....what a selfish man u are!

7 Likes

Re: The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport by enigmang: 9:59am On Nov 13, 2013
My main problem is who can be held responsible for : for example the searching of bags by hand. is it the immigration abi custom boss, or FAAN or the aviation minister.. or the president himself...
Because they all cannot argue that they dont know or see this things going on.. A simple directive from any of the persons in charge will have this stopped immediately.....

But really do they still search all bags by hand??
Re: The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport by billante(m): 9:59am On Nov 13, 2013
saxywale: thank God the article was not written by a yoruba man. lol

Omojuwa is a complete yoruba boy!
Re: The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport by anselm791(m): 9:59am On Nov 13, 2013
I just pass through knowing I'm going to a better place, I no wan stress myself about anything relating to this country #BP things. Don't get me wrong o, I love my country but I'd rather die over something else.

4 Likes

Re: The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport by anonimi: 9:59am On Nov 13, 2013
chukwudi44:

Bros what percentage of the national income does the sw even contribute? If to say na una get oyel pesin for no hear word again!!

Negligible. Very negligible.
We are all sharing the monthly federal allocation of the national cake like almajiris.

Meanwhile when we had cash crops like cocoa in the west, cotton & groundnut in the north etc the federal government did NOT collect the revenue directly to share with the Niger Delta hence the gross under-development there until recently.

@ OP,

How many of us know people in our family, friends, acquaintances, mosque/church/shrine fellow congregant who RECEIVES and SPENDS money way beyond his salary and/or for doing next to nothing such as our numerous politicians and political office holders and jobbers

How many of such people have we ADVISED to work and earn their pay just as we do in our own places of work & business.
The MMIA is still part of our country, Nigeria the last time I checked so let's stop the pretense and hypocrisy.

6 Likes

Re: The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport by baslone: 9:59am On Nov 13, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: I'll be back to return fire to the fool, who wrote the above one-sided article, which is nothing but another heap of rubbish, coming from the usual axis of EVIL- Tinubu Punch.

MR MAN- there is nothing to be back for. Go to the airport and see for yourself.

Not all these rubbish pictures you people paint on the internet.

9 Likes

Re: The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport by jamesibor: 10:00am On Nov 13, 2013
[size=16pt]Yoruba propaganda!![/size]
Re: The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport by Gwekzy: 10:00am On Nov 13, 2013
If we re honest n judge by standard n reliability, then MMIA shouldn't be classified as an international airport...but as a struggling airport

1 Like

Re: The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport by nagoma(m): 10:04am On Nov 13, 2013
bloggernaija: There has been a deliberate attempt to run down Lagos ,and in extension,the entire SW.
If it were possible to cart away the Atlantic Ocean to Abuja ,they would have done so already.
THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT AND ALL THE OTHER STATES APART FROM THE (NIGER DELTA )KEEP TAKING AND NOT GIVING ANYTHING BACK.
They have tried all they could to cart away the corporate sector ,including banking ,telecommunications etc.
But guess what,the people who make things happen and make it rain(the Yorubas ,foriegn investors )are not interested.
If they decide to move a fraction of their investment to iwo today,it automatically becomes the "It" place.
In fact, Ibadan stands a better chance of rivalling Lagos than any other place and that shows in the number of foreigners who already live and work there.

Omojuwa wrote this piece. I don't see any connection with taking things to Abuja. The name omojuwa sounds more lagos than Abuja to me.
Re: The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport by Nobody: 10:06am On Nov 13, 2013
Shame.
Re: The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport by jamesibor: 10:06am On Nov 13, 2013
My bag has been opened and ransacked at heathrow several times and on p w occasion, the stench from my ogiri became another issue.
Re: The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport by anonimi: 10:07am On Nov 13, 2013
enigmang: My main problem is who can be held responsible for : for example the searching of bags by hand. is it the immigration abi custom boss, or FAAN or the aviation minister.. or the president himself...
Because they all cannot argue that they dont know or see this things going on.. A simple directive from any of the persons in charge will have this stopped immediately.....

But really do they still search all bags by hand??

Is the highlighted portion a joke or what
You think the workers at the airport do not have directives on how to do their work or what exactly?
How many ministries, department and agencies (MDAs) of the federal, state and LGAs do you have people who actually work and EARN their pay
What work is the:

- LGA Chairman & Councillor
- State legisLOOTER
- SINator & representaTHIEF

plus all their Special Assts., Special Adviser etc for YOUR constituency doing for the humongous pay they receive every month
So why should ANY REASONABLE person working for the SAME government do any serious work for peanuts?
Abi na who wan be mugu for the Looters-in-Power (LiPs)?

2 Likes

Re: The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport by Nobody: 10:08am On Nov 13, 2013
bloggernaija: There has been a deliberate attempt to run down Lagos ,and in extension,the entire SW.
If it were possible to cart away the Atlantic Ocean to Abuja ,they would have done so already.
THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT AND ALL THE OTHER STATES APART FROM THE (NIGER DELTA )KEEP TAKING AND NOT GIVING ANYTHING BACK.
They have tried all they could to cart away the corporate sector ,including banking ,telecommunications etc.
But guess what,the people who make things happen and make it rain(the Yorubas ,foriegn investors )are not interested.
If they decide to move a fraction of their investment to iwo today,it automatically becomes the "It" place.
In fact, Ibadan stands a better chance of rivalling Lagos than any other place and that shows in the number of foreigners who already live and work there.
wat is this one smoking.we are talking about how to improve our airport u bringing ur local n dirty tribalistic sentiments.all these poverty stricken tribal warlords if they get then chance they can sell their so beloved community for one keke napep
Re: The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport by nagoma(m): 10:08am On Nov 13, 2013
slim fit :

When did you stop being a monkey? Which year and month?

2 Likes

Re: The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport by Nobody: 10:09am On Nov 13, 2013
chukwudi44:

Bros what percentage of the national income does the sw even contribute? If to say na una get oyel pesin for no hear word again!!

Don't even try to mention that word 'ibadan' again as that place is a glorified village!! Too much foreigners indeed I wonder where we would place port-harcourt
nna eeeh d way diz people dey talk like say dem dey contribute "anything" to Nigeria
Re: The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport by mooregan(m): 10:09am On Nov 13, 2013
Who's to blame? Government or the Management?
Re: The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport by juman(m): 10:09am On Nov 13, 2013
The one nigeria is a failure.
Re: The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport by juman(m): 10:10am On Nov 13, 2013
mooregan: Who's to blame? Government or the Management?

Failed government policy.

If the management is bad they should be replaced by the government.

2 Likes

Re: The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport by bayulll01(m): 10:12am On Nov 13, 2013
the truth be told we don't have good leaders in this country all they know is to cart away our resources and make its citizen suffer,the sky scrapper,suspension bridge and those wonderful roads we have in europe and america are not built by angels,i just pray nija divides peacefully cos i can authoritatively tell u no hope,forget bigotry and ethnicity we are different entities our major problem is the amalgamation of nigeria in 1914 what a glorious mistake made in heaven and acknowledge on earth.

2 Likes

Re: The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport by Pink1: 10:13am On Nov 13, 2013

Are you normal? How can you possibly try to turn a straight forward discourse into a tribal issue? You have a myopic point of view.

2 Likes

Re: The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport by Okaka27(m): 10:14am On Nov 13, 2013
Naija no be country oo,na location in the map grin
Vert very unfortunate

1 Like

Re: The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport by adezjamz(m): 10:15am On Nov 13, 2013
chukwudi44:

Don't even try to mention that word 'ibadan' again as that place is a glorified village!! Too much foreigners indeed I wonder where we would place port-harcourt
no b ur pple D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ flood everywhere? Abeg go sidon

2 Likes

Re: The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport by akereconfi: 10:15am On Nov 13, 2013
Someone wearing FAAN tag once called me aside and told him to give him 100 dollars, that he will call his agent at the Immigration so that they will clear me without questioning. I looked at the Nigga and smiled, when I have all necessary documents. SMH for 9ja.
Re: The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport by Gregzee: 10:15am On Nov 13, 2013
List of Nigerian Aviation Ministers...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Aviation_ministers_of_Nigeria
Babatunde Omotoba
Babalola Borishade
Olusegun Agagu
Femi Fani-Kayode
Kema Chikwe
Felix Hyatt
Stella Oduah
................................Does this fact rings anybody's bell?

1 Like

Re: The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport by lastmessenger: 10:16am On Nov 13, 2013
And we are here praising Madam Stella and shouting fresh air.2015 election is by the corner and sincerely i dont know who to support because they are good in making promises and end up only to disappiont us when we vote them into power. By the way wats up with Madam stella.the news is really fading out

2 Likes

Re: The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport by KraticKratus: 10:17am On Nov 13, 2013
leave everything in the hands of allah. allah knows best. grin grin grin grin grin grin

lazy fools

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Bridge Barrier Falls On Vehicle In Kaduna. 6 Passengers Killed (Graphic Pics) / My Visit To Bowers Tower In Ibadan / If You Haven't Entered Plane At 40, Life Has Passed You - Nigerian Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.