Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,519 members, 7,801,389 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:40 PM

Bolaino- Was He Ever Truly An Atheist? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bolaino- Was He Ever Truly An Atheist? (1474 Views)

Was Adam Truly The First Man On Earth? / How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? / Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bolaino- Was He Ever Truly An Atheist? by Nobody: 2:56am On Nov 13, 2013
Bolaino is the only atheist here that has converted to christianity.

However, he has always had a shady past as an atheist;
-he was afraid of Oabdiah's Armageddon posts
-he had a need to believe in the supernatural
-reviewing his older posts, he seems to have been ambiguous in his atheism

Some would say that he wasnt truly an atheist. As for me, I do not care. I can not read his mind or be 100% sure that he wasnt an atheist at a certain point in time. However, I can 100% be sure that his conversion is dubious.

I am not saying that he isnt now a christian but I am saying that somewhere between an atheist/christian, he has lied and he is deceiving himself. This may be a result of some mental problem or a change of heart due to some benefits (earning tithe money from pastoral work).....

The problem with Bolaino is that his conversion included him using a bible quote that is insulting to atheists (Psalm 14;1- atheists are fools) despite him being an atheist once. Even christians (the smart ones) refrain for calling atheists "fools" just for their beliefs.

I do not care whether he is an atheist or christian, however, he should not rope atheists into his silliness. Why must he abuse atheists because he converted? Be a christian, Bolaino, if you will. I am happy for you but please, refrain from the silliness of insulting atheists just to show that you have arrived as a hardcore christian
Re: Bolaino- Was He Ever Truly An Atheist? by mumumugu(m): 3:44am On Nov 13, 2013
Logicboy is now the self appointed nairaland atheist general overseer who determines who is a legitimate atheist or not
Re: Bolaino- Was He Ever Truly An Atheist? by Nobody: 3:48am On Nov 13, 2013
mumumugu: Logicboy is now the self appointed nairaland atheist general overseer who determines who is a legitimate atheist or not

Reading the op is too much for MR mmu (Compare the bolded parts of each quote)

Logicboy03:
Some would say that he wasnt truly an atheist. As for me, I do not care. I can not read his mind or be 100% sure that he wasnt an atheist at a certain point in time. However, I can 100% be sure that his conversion is dubious.

Re: Bolaino- Was He Ever Truly An Atheist? by UyiIredia(m): 6:30am On Nov 13, 2013
Christian regularly quote Psalms 14:1 to atheists and call them fools.
Re: Bolaino- Was He Ever Truly An Atheist? by UyiIredia(m): 6:32am On Nov 13, 2013
Christian regularly quote Psalms 14:1 to atheists and call them fools. I think bolaino was an atheist. I would like to know what spurred him back to Christianity, maybe socetal pressure: atheists have complained how friends who began to reject Christianity reverted to religion after letting ot out to their family or returning to Nigeria (where the person was abroad).
Re: Bolaino- Was He Ever Truly An Atheist? by Nobody: 6:34am On Nov 13, 2013
Uyi Iredia: Christian regularly quote Psalms 14:1 to atheists and call them fools. I think bolaino was an atheist. I would like to know what spurred him back to Christianity, maybe socetal pressure: atheists have complained how friends who began to reject Christianity reverted to religion after letting ot out to their family or returning to Nigeria (where the person was abroad).

Agreed.....
Re: Bolaino- Was He Ever Truly An Atheist? by Nobody: 6:48am On Nov 13, 2013
Bolaino was an atheist that converted back to christianity..There is no big deal about it LB03...and the funny thing was that Mr. Troll was following me to drag in a past thread that bolaino didnt convert to christianity when it was so obvious from his write up..

Waiting for the next atheist to convert..

But wait o, logic boy don dey become Daddy G.O of the Atheism movement of Nairaland Revival mission... cheesy Offering and tithing go soon follow. smiley
Re: Bolaino- Was He Ever Truly An Atheist? by FOLYKAZE(m): 6:52am On Nov 13, 2013
Thinking maybe he got a new job headed by the pastor with much pay. Or the church is now giving him financial support.

I could remember before switching fully to atheism. Because of my gal, I went to church and do christian activities but deep down.....it just script. After feeding her with love and got her heart in my hand, I bashed choir mistress then pastor and make my way out.

Bolaino might be playing a game of survival. If you cant beat them, join them.
Re: Bolaino- Was He Ever Truly An Atheist? by FOLYKAZE(m): 6:54am On Nov 13, 2013
joel lala: Bolaino was an atheist that converted back to christianity..There is no big deal about it LB03...and the funny thing was that Mr. Troll was following me to drag in a past thread that bolaino didnt convert to christianity when it was so obvious from his write up..

Waiting for the next atheist to convert..

But wait o, logic boy don dey become Daddy G.O of the Atheism movement of Nairaland Revival mission... cheesy Offering and tithing go soon follow. smiley

He was never an atheist. From his previous post, he said he is more agnostist than deist. Anyway, the issue is not atheism....what is necessery is being liberal and not fanatist. And I am good with everything that make him happy.
Re: Bolaino- Was He Ever Truly An Atheist? by Joshthefirst(m): 7:00am On Nov 13, 2013
Bolaino rejected God and christ, now he has accepted them.

Thank God for him.
I believe he was legitimate in his conversion.
He has joy.
Re: Bolaino- Was He Ever Truly An Atheist? by Nobody: 7:01am On Nov 13, 2013
Joshthefirst: Bolaino rejected God and christ, now he has accepted them.

Thank God for him.
I believe he was legitimate in his conversion.
He has joy.

So to you, he's Christian now?
Re: Bolaino- Was He Ever Truly An Atheist? by Nobody: 7:08am On Nov 13, 2013
Amazing how atheists who never knew bolaino in person are falling over themselves to claim he was never really an atheist afterall.
Re: Bolaino- Was He Ever Truly An Atheist? by Nobody: 7:12am On Nov 13, 2013
davidylan: Amazing how atheists who never knew bolaino in person are falling over themselves to claim he was never really an atheist afterall.

Davidyliar......the only person who said that Bolaino wasnt an atheist is Folykaze and even at that, Folykaze put him as an agnostic.....

Guy, just stop lying
Re: Bolaino- Was He Ever Truly An Atheist? by Joshthefirst(m): 7:21am On Nov 13, 2013
aManFromMars:

So to you, he's Christian now?
he certainly is a real christian to me.

By their fruits we know.
And to God:

2 tuimothy 2:19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.
Re: Bolaino- Was He Ever Truly An Atheist? by Nobody: 7:21am On Nov 13, 2013
Joshthefirst: he certainly is a real christian to me.

By their fruits we know.
And to God:

2 tuimothy 2:19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

Cool. Just for future reference.
Re: Bolaino- Was He Ever Truly An Atheist? by Nobody: 8:00am On Nov 13, 2013
@LB

Long befopre you came a very strng atheist warrior named Banom renounced atheism on this site.Banom was one of the founding fathers of atheism in this site and was even more vocal than you
https://www.nairaland.com/358975/denounce-atheism-now-born-again
Re: Bolaino- Was He Ever Truly An Atheist? by Ajibam: 8:02am On Nov 13, 2013
you just describe you and your sheep's problem here..
Logicboy03:

This may be a result of some mental problem .

and who are you to tell someone not to insult atheist here..

don't you guys do more to Christians here,,not even Christians alone but their GOD ..
oga,,if you are butthurt with His conversion,, I will advise you to get along with it.. more are still COMING

4 Likes

Re: Bolaino- Was He Ever Truly An Atheist? by Ajibam: 8:16am On Nov 13, 2013
Re: Bolaino- Was He Ever Truly An Atheist? by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:37am On Nov 13, 2013
Logicboy03:

Davidyliar......the only person who said that Bolaino wasnt an atheist is Folykaze and even at that, Folykaze put him as an agnostic.....

Guy, just stop lying

I didn't put him as an agnostic....he was an agnostic theist who lean toward theism. Here are evidence.

Here is the evidence that bolaino was never an atheist. You guys should stop lying for him.

He said here that he is an agnostist on Aug 18
bolaino: lol, oga uyi, this might bring a change to the topic, but that's where the believe in the supernatural comes to play. I'm agnostic and I believe in the supernatural, there are instances where sentient beings communicate with man, but these beings or entities should not be confused to be God.

https://www.nairaland.com/1400533/what-does-voice-god-sound#17524053

From the point above, it is vividly clear that bolaino was an agnostist. The God he was refering to in his post is personal God.

Here again, he said his agnosticism leans to theism

bolaino: my agnosticism leans more towards theism. Cos I do not want to ultimately rule out the possibility that there might be a God, but on the other hand, there isn't enough to prove that there is a personal God, I'm against the personal God concept. Yeah, entities, like ghosts, aliens and any other being that isn't human. I believe these things exist. Call me ignorant if u may. But I believe strongly that they do exist.

https://www.nairaland.com/1400533/what-does-voice-god-sound#17527394

In the above, he explained that he is heading to theism and not atheism really. Because he believe in the existence of God and other non material beings. Nothing like atheism here but agnostic theist.

Here again, Uyi was clearing bola's doubt and others that see him as atheist

Uyi-iredia:
This is interesting. It confirms what I suspected and what I read once: that there are agnostic theists. I was doubtful because theism is usually gnostic and agnosticism is mostly associated with atheism.

https://www.nairaland.com/1400533/what-does-voice-god-sound#17536772

From the above and many others, bolaino was never an atheist. There is nowhere in his post where he stated to be an atheist. You people should stop lying to please anybody here. I have ran through all his post but cant find anything related to atheism there. He was agnostic theist and now a theist.

4 Likes

Re: Bolaino- Was He Ever Truly An Atheist? by Nobody: 8:46am On Nov 13, 2013
chukwudi44: @LB

Long befopre you came a very strng atheist warrior named Banom renounced atheism on this site.Banom was one of the founding fathers of atheism in this site and was even more vocal than you

Thats life for u..after their gragra they will all run back to the God dey have insulted severally but am glad because God will always accept themback
Re: Bolaino- Was He Ever Truly An Atheist? by Nobody: 9:22am On Nov 13, 2013
chukwudi44: @LB

Banom's stances and conversion were straightforward.....Bolaino seems shady
Re: Bolaino- Was He Ever Truly An Atheist? by Nobody: 9:26am On Nov 13, 2013
Ajibam: you just describe you and your sheep's problem here..

and who are you to tell someone not to insult atheist here..

don't you guys do more to Christians here,,not even Christians alone but their GOD ..
oga,,if you are butthurt with His conversion,, I will advise you to get along with it.. more are still COMING

You and the people that liked your comment are silly. If you read the op properly, you would see that I was angry at Bolaino insulting atheists and not at his conversion.

Christians do worse to atheists here or have u forgotten HBGs banning of me?
Re: Bolaino- Was He Ever Truly An Atheist? by Nobody: 9:39am On Nov 13, 2013
Uyi Iredia: Christian regularly quote Psalms 14:1 to atheists and call them fools. I think bolaino was an atheist. I would like to know what spurred him back to Christianity, maybe socetal pressure: atheists have complained how friends who began to reject Christianity reverted to religion after letting ot out to their family or returning to Nigeria (where the person was abroad).

He said it was the holy spirit. I wonder how
Re: Bolaino- Was He Ever Truly An Atheist? by alphascorpio(m): 9:44am On Nov 13, 2013
Bolaino probably went back to christainity because of societal pressure as someone stated earlier or because of some kind of benefit he's getting as a christain.

At the end of the day it all comes down to principles. I have gone through a lot of discomfort because of my atheism, I had some issues when I first became an atheist that I can't disclose here and people that would have helped me out of that problem if I was still a christain refused to help me out claiming that it was god that was punishing me for becoming an atheist. Situations like this is enough reason for some people to go back to christainity.

At some point my elder sister was telling me "is it not better to come back to christainty and get the help you need from these people instead of suffering in your atheism?" and I told her anybody that doesn't want to help me out of a situation because of my atheism can keep their help. I'm a very principled person and I will never be able to live with myself if i pretend to be a christain just for some gain.

I'm very proud of my atheism and I'm very vocal about it. Most times I see the look of disgust on peoples faces when they hear I'm an atheist. My girlfriend and I (we ve been dating for 3 years) are very close to breaking up partly because of my atheism, in fact I'm very sure we'll break up before the end of this month.

This is just my story and I'm sure some atheists may have worse stories to tell. Some people can't handle this kind of pressure so they run back to christainty because its their comfort zone and it makes things less stressful for them but that doesn't mean christainity is right or atheism is wrong it just means they are not principled.

5 Likes

Re: Bolaino- Was He Ever Truly An Atheist? by Joshthefirst(m): 9:48am On Nov 13, 2013
Bolaino did not get saved because of pressure.

When he comes, he'll speak for himself.
Re: Bolaino- Was He Ever Truly An Atheist? by alphascorpio(m): 9:53am On Nov 13, 2013
Joshthefirst: Bolaino did not get saved because of pressure.

When he comes, he'll speak for himself.

Are you bolaino? What makes you so sure he didn't revert to christainity because of pressure? Even if he reverted because of pressure do you think his pride will allow him to accept that fact here on nairaland?
Re: Bolaino- Was He Ever Truly An Atheist? by MrTroll(m): 11:15am On Nov 13, 2013
i think this thread is pointless. people convert all the time, christian to atheist, athesit to christian/muslim. its really not a big deal to me. the basic issue is that your belief should remain personal. don't try to govern the country based on it. that is why we fight it. i have my own thoughts on the matter too but i dont think its really relevant. make una leave Bolaino alone.

2 Likes

Re: Bolaino- Was He Ever Truly An Atheist? by Nobody: 11:50am On Nov 13, 2013
Mr Troll: i think this thread is pointless. people convert all the time, christian to atheist, athesit to christian/muslim. its really not a big deal to me. the basic issue is that your belief should remain personal. don't try to govern the country based on it. that is why we fight it. i have my own thoughts on the matter too but i dont think its really relevant. make una leave Bolaino alone.

Shut up.

My anger here is that he went straight to abusing atheists after his conversion.....I could care less what he converted into

No one is crying for him to come back to atheism.

Take a look at Banom- the guy converted and said his peace......Bolaino just went staight to psalm 14 after his conversion thread
Re: Bolaino- Was He Ever Truly An Atheist? by MrTroll(m): 11:57am On Nov 13, 2013
Logicboy03:

Shut up.

My anger here is that he went straight to abusing atheists after his conversion.....I could care less what he converted into

No one is crying for him to come back to atheism.

Take a look at Banom- the guy converted and said his peace......Bolaino just went staight to psalm 14 after his conversion thread
He obviously has the flair for the dramatic. still....na every perceived insult you go open thread for?

Edit: We have former Christians who are now atheistic and had to delete their old moniker for a new one. they are here and yet you won't notice. no biggie man, let the guy be.
Re: Bolaino- Was He Ever Truly An Atheist? by Nobody: 12:06pm On Nov 13, 2013
Mr Troll: He obviously has the flair for the dramatic. still....na every perceived insult you go open thread for?

Edit: We have former Christians who are now atheistic and had to delete their old moniker for a new one. they are here and yet you won't notice. no biggie man, let the guy be.

No wahala.......the Bolaino guy just dey feel like superstar....prodigal son ......mtchew grin grin grin
Re: Bolaino- Was He Ever Truly An Atheist? by Nobody: 2:22pm On Nov 13, 2013
bolaino was plucked right out of the fire wearing filthy garments. i believe i have several verses for this

zechariah 3 :1-4 And he shewed me bolaino standing before the angel of the Lord, and Satan standing at his right hand to resist him. And the Lord said unto Satan, The Lord rebuke thee, O Satan; even the Lord that hath chosen Jerusalem rebuke thee: is not this a brand plucked out of the fire? Now bolaino was clothed with filthy garments, and stood before the angel.And he answered and spake unto those that stood before him, saying, Take away the filthy garments from him. And unto him he said, Behold, I have caused thine iniquity to pass from thee, and I will clothe thee with change of raiment. cheesy wink
Re: Bolaino- Was He Ever Truly An Atheist? by Nobody: 2:28pm On Nov 13, 2013
obadiah777: bolaino was plucked right out of the fire wearing filthy garments. i believe i have several verses for this

zechariah 3 :1-4 And he shewed me bolaino standing before the angel of the Lord, and Satan standing at his right hand to resist him. And the Lord said unto Satan, The Lord rebuke thee, O Satan; even the Lord that hath chosen Jerusalem rebuke thee: is not this a brand plucked out of the fire? Now bolaino was clothed with filthy garments, and stood before the angel.And he answered and spake unto those that stood before him, saying, Take away the filthy garments from him. And unto him he said, Behold, I have caused thine iniquity to pass from thee, and I will clothe thee with change of raiment. cheesy wink

Many of us have been plunged right into fire wearing filthy garments. Do you also have bibile verses for us?grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Bible’s Viewpoint - Should Christians Share In New Year’s Festivities? / Student Proves Professor Wrong / Unveiling The Real TB Joshua-Satgurumaharajji

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.