Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,802 members, 7,798,708 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:00 AM

What Kind Of Friend Are You? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Kind Of Friend Are You? (1089 Views)

What Kind Of Pastor Is This? / What Kind Of Things Do You Pray About? / Christian, What Kind Of Fisherman Are You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Kind Of Friend Are You? by ATMC(f): 7:42am On Nov 13, 2013
Hard times always reveals true friends...Have you been a true friend to ur friends or do you leave them in the porch? selah***
what kind of friend are you? a fair-weather friend or an all-time friend. think about it...
What kind of friends do you keep? You can be defined by the kind of friends you keep or the kind of friends you avoid.
You could claim to be an atheist and keep christian friends, a gay and keep straight friends, a wise person but prefer the company of fools...
Or you could claim to be a christian but avoid the company of real christians, an enlightened soul buh avoid the likes.
Truth be told, you can easily know who you really are by the kind of people you avoid their company not just the kind of people you roll with.
If you claim to be a believer but you are uncomfortable around believers and roll well with unbelievers then you have to check yourself properly.
Again, if you roll with failures more than you roll with successful people then in no due time, there wont be any difference between you and the failures.
If you are just starting life, keep company of builders, not the ('used to be's), walk with people that are better than you, people that are as you but never with people you are better than- All you owe them is help when ever you can.

Remember, the company a man keeps factors the direction he eventually goes.

2 Likes

Re: What Kind Of Friend Are You? by ATMC(f): 7:47am On Nov 13, 2013
Get rid of negative friends, walk with those you want to be like...should they not be reachable? walk alone.

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of Friend Are You? by PastorOluT(m): 7:59am On Nov 13, 2013
God bless u @ op, I was just thinking recently about how some here fraternize with atheist n unbelievers on this forum, it just make me question who they really are?
Re: What Kind Of Friend Are You? by Nobody: 8:27am On Nov 13, 2013
ATMC: Hard times always reveals true friends...Have you been a true friend to ur friends or do you leave them in the porch? selah***
what kind of friend are you? a fair-weather friend or an all-time friend. think about it...
What kind of friends do you keep? You can be defined by the kind of friends you keep or the kind of friends you avoid.
You could claim to be an atheist and keep christian friends, a gay and keep straight friends, a wise person but prefer the company of fools...
Or you could claim to be a christian but avoid the company of real christians, an enlightened soul buh avoid the likes.
Truth be told, you can easily know who you really are by the kind of people you avoid their company not just the kind of people you roll with.
If you claim to be a believer but you are uncomfortable around believers and roll well with unbelievers then you have to check yourself properly.

If you are just starting life, keep company of builders, not the ('used to be's), walk with people that are better than you, people that are as you but never with people you are better than- All you owe them is help when ever you can.

This part (in bold) didnt make sense....sensible people dont segregate friends based on religion....
Re: What Kind Of Friend Are You? by Nobody: 8:29am On Nov 13, 2013
ATMC: Hard times always reveals true friends...Have you been a true friend to ur friends or do you leave them in the porch? selah***
gain, if you roll with failures more than you roll with successful people then in no due time, there wont be any difference between you and the failures.

This part in bold is the crux of the matter. Well said. Your friends can help you make progress in like if they are the right ones. If you have useless peeps as friends, you will be useless soon enough...

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of Friend Are You? by Nobody: 8:30am On Nov 13, 2013
Pastor Olu T: God bless u @ op, I was just thinking recently about how some here fraternize with atheist n unbelievers on this forum, it just make me question who they really are?

Again, sensible people do not segregate friends based on religion

Or maybe you wouldnt want Seun or Bill Gates as a friend.....just because they are atheists?
Re: What Kind Of Friend Are You? by Ajibam: 8:31am On Nov 13, 2013
Pastor Olu T: God bless u @ op, I was just thinking recently about how some here fraternize with atheist n unbelievers on this forum, it just make me question who they really are?
they thought is a right way to go,,when the Bible even says that we should beware of ungodly friendship cause evil company destroy good character...
Re: What Kind Of Friend Are You? by Ajibam: 8:34am On Nov 13, 2013
Logicboy03:

Or maybe you wouldnt want Seun or Bill Gates as a friend.....just because they are atheists?
psalm1:1
Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful
Re: What Kind Of Friend Are You? by Nobody: 9:29am On Nov 13, 2013
Ajibam:
Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful

Yet, you are voluntarily working as a mod for an atheist- a job that would require you to recommend atheist threads supporting homosexuality and abortion to the front page.
Re: What Kind Of Friend Are You? by Nobody: 9:31am On Nov 13, 2013
Irony....op used to spend her time on the non xtian chatbox
Re: What Kind Of Friend Are You? by Joshthefirst(m): 9:32am On Nov 13, 2013
Ajibam:
that verse talks about counsel and joining in mockery and walking in sinful ways of sinners I think. It doesn't mean you shouldn't interact with people.

Jesus interacted with sinners so much the pharisees condemned him.

We should just avoid being unequally yoked(ie, following them to do evil or things like that)
Re: What Kind Of Friend Are You? by asam7(f): 10:00am On Nov 13, 2013
Stay away from evil friend, they can kill your happiness but good friends will show you ways to the light of God.
Re: What Kind Of Friend Are You? by ATMC(f): 6:36pm On Nov 13, 2013
Avoid friendship with people that want you to impress them coz if you'll never satisfactorily impress them so why bother.

Never chase anyone, someone that appreciates your friendship will always walk with you.

Be the type of friend you will like to befriend.

Keep company with those whose presence calls for your bestestwink

choose your friends wisely, they could inspire you or drain you

Friends define you so make wise choice

Shun friends that make you go broke trying to be rich...Act your wage!

Be wise...
Re: What Kind Of Friend Are You? by Ajibam: 10:29pm On Nov 13, 2013
Joshthefirst: that verse talks about counsel and joining in mockery and walking in sinful ways of sinners I think. It doesn't mean you shouldn't interact with people.

Jesus interacted with sinners so much the pharisees condemned him.

We should just avoid being unequally yoked(ie, following them to do evil or things like that)
my previous post to this does it state that I dont interact with them??
or don't you see me debating with them before?

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of Friend Are You? by Joshthefirst(m): 10:32pm On Nov 13, 2013
Ajibam:
my previous post to this does it state that I dont interact with them??
or don't you see me debating with them before?

sorry, I misunderstood you. I thought you were saying we should never have friends who are not christians.
Re: What Kind Of Friend Are You? by ITbomb(m): 6:06am On Nov 14, 2013
People tends to misinterpret the concept of 'friendship' and being 'yoke together'.
Your association with unbelievers should be for the purpose of bringing them together for Christ while your association with believers is to edify and uplift.
Re: What Kind Of Friend Are You? by PastorOluT(m): 6:20am On Nov 14, 2013
Logicboy03:

Its has nothing to do with segregation, its about the kind of people that mostly attract u which shows where heart is.

For ur info I have friends of all kinds but there are limitations, even U I consider a friend, u might not know I pray for u, I even did in one of my thread on NL.
Re: What Kind Of Friend Are You? by ATMC(f): 4:16pm On Nov 14, 2013
ITbomb: People tends to misinterpret the concept of 'friendship' and being 'yoke together'.
Your association with unbelievers should be for the purpose of bringing them together for Christ while your association with believers is to edify and uplift.
no way! most people that do not think as you do will end up getting you to think as they do cos you are already familiar with the way you think hence you want to try their way of thinking so, its not usually easy to convert people. I think you stick to people that share same value as you do to avoid 'had i known'.

(1) (Reply)

If You Have The Truth,why Force It On People? / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 05/01/15 / Is It Right For A Pastor To Have Bodyguard To Guide Him Arround?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.