Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,484 members, 7,801,229 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 12:42 PM

Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee (25699 Views)

Tecno Is Going Premium And It Is Frightening. Here's Why / Top 5 Reason Why Tecno Is Still The Worst Android Phone Ever / Tecno Is Winning The Smartphone War In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by stephano100(m): 1:44pm On Nov 13, 2013
gionee haa good prospects compared to tecno who kip recycling products,but i doubt if dey can win tecno in nigeria unless dey up their brand publicity game...all my frnds outside nairaland no nothing abt gionee....so dey've gotta looooooooonñnnngggg way to go.

those of u wanting tecno 2 hid dier names on d deir fone like gioneee are all duuull..dis reason alone is why gionee cant beat tecno in any f**k war,tecno is well knwn...gionee is not...simple.....if u dnt undastnd wat i wrote den u're a smellos lol...:
#teamvalue4money...gionee or tecno
Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by RedCard1(m): 1:44pm On Nov 13, 2013
Point of correction, Samsung and Sony phones are nowhere close to being over priced. Habaaaaa! Their phones are very much affordable. Haven't you heard of budget, mid-range and high end phones? Samsung and Sony serves us all in every angle. When we're talking about OVER-PRICED Phones, Apple and Blackberry should come to mind. They are the ones that caters for the rich only. As for Tecno........too much copy copy, low hardware, release of thousands of poor quality phones with same specs and lack of innovation no go let them grow pass like this. On that so called Gionee (what ever the name is), no comment because I haven't even seen their phone before.
Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by Prowizy2(m): 1:45pm On Nov 13, 2013
My bold5 don dey hang again angry

3 Likes

Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by Greekbreed(m): 1:45pm On Nov 13, 2013
i hav Gionee p2 nd i prefer it to tecno d5...#teamGionee
Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by psalmdave(m): 1:46pm On Nov 13, 2013
:oFRONT PAGE!!!
Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by MuyiwaMike(m): 1:47pm On Nov 13, 2013
GIONEE E3 is the bomb..it quenches my gaming thirst by running HD games fluently...that's what i enjoy most as a gamer..16gig rom,1gig ram,312ppi..it has a memory card slot,superslim and so light u wouldn't even notice it's in ur pocket..camera is great too..8.0mp rear camera and 2.0mp..front camera and it's 4.7 inches..eva since i bought it..i've got no regrets whatsoeva.. #Team Gionee E3
Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by princesammmy: 1:47pm On Nov 13, 2013
power of competition
Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by Idrismusty97(m): 1:48pm On Nov 13, 2013
Hadeyeancah: Gionee phone really rock than Techno.....
Some of you will just come in to a thread and spew thrash!. What features goinee used in surpassing tecno if you won't give solid reasons don't post!! Here is the best feature tecno beats gionee in;
switching of both sim to 3G
Somebody here is also saying tecno is over heating when browsing. Are you sure that is not infinix you are usinggrin

2 Likes

Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by psalmdave(m): 1:57pm On Nov 13, 2013
tonychristopher:

I know that most people here are more of consumers and take any shittt that come there way dressed in Android ....I have been opportuned to work closely with the two firms here in Nigeria as a pr....men these phones sucks especially techno....gionee is good but not fantastic while techno is just a phone that can't handle three hours browsing with out overheating...maybe they will need a radiator

I use a HTC sense men forget the phone....its awesome...have u ever bought an European techno...the different is clear
lol,Infinix no go allow tecno overthrow them o ...European Tecno? Please educate us??
Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by trigar12(m): 2:02pm On Nov 13, 2013
I've not seen anyone using Gionee, dunno about it at all.
Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by Irises(m): 2:07pm On Nov 13, 2013
#TeanAppleIpad# no time for shit
Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by mjames: 2:08pm On Nov 13, 2013
vowiski: If there was one problem Tecno needs to address ASAP, that would be their internal storage which is very ridiculous at best!

Exactly my brother. We are still waiting for 16g int. memory.
Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by senatorizyking(m): 2:11pm On Nov 13, 2013
Bleep techno #Team infinix #
Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by directonpc(m): 2:19pm On Nov 13, 2013
Idrismusty97: Some of you will just come in to a thread and spew thrash!. What features goinee used in surpassing tecno if you won't give solid reasons don't post!! Here is the best feature tecno beats gionee in;
switching of both sim to 3G
Somebody here is also saying tecno is over heating when browsing. Are you sure that is not infinix you are usinggrin
See for yourself

Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by mjames: 2:20pm On Nov 13, 2013
Muyiwa Mike: GIONEE E3 is the bomb..it quenches my gaming thirst by running HD games fluently...that's what i enjoy most as a gamer..16gig rom,1gig ram,312ppi..it has a memory card slot,superslim and so light u wouldn't even notice it's in ur pocket..camera is great too..8.0mp rear camera and 2.0mp..front camera and it's 4.7 inches..eva since i bought it..i've got no regrets whatsoeva.. #Team Gionee E3

Only 8gigs available for use.
Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by Gpattern(m): 2:23pm On Nov 13, 2013
how much is the gionee E3
Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by directonpc(m): 2:30pm On Nov 13, 2013
mjames:

Only 8gigs available for use.
You have never seen E3.
13gb available for user.
10.99gb for data/media files
2gb for app storage.
Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by vowiski(m): 2:39pm On Nov 13, 2013
Opiosko: Poor review, whr are d specs and prices of the Gionee phones u ar reviewing?

It's not a review buddy, but the specs are on the link . . cheesy
Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by Ymodulus: 2:44pm On Nov 13, 2013
directonpc:
You have never seen E3.
13gb available for user.
2gb for app storage.

Gbam.
Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by MuyiwaMike(m): 2:45pm On Nov 13, 2013
directonpc:
You have never seen E3.
13gb available for user.
2gb for app storage.
help me tell am ooo
Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by Ymodulus: 2:51pm On Nov 13, 2013
I So much love GIONEE PRODUCTS. after using the Gionee P2.

I am waiting for the Gionee GPAD3

---------------
Why i love Gionee.

1. Colors is always 16MILLION..
2. Ram is not always 512MB. infact only gioneeP2 and CTRL V3, V4 has a 512MB ram. all others are 1GIG and above.
3. Network is not dual band. This means you can use it with foreign sims like O2 and AMERICAN/CANADIAN sims. Unlike tecno which does not work with foreign sims.
4. Its always Quad Core. (Use a quadcore fone like gionee e3, gpad2. o boy u go no say u use fone. gosh my head dey tease me!!!)
5. OTA UPDATE. With this i can buy a phone and be rest assured i will get a software update. e.g Gionee e3 will get update for ANDRIOD 4.4 KITKAT, but no tecno fone will get updates.
6. Camera is too good. also with bright flash and 16million colors.

---------------

Lets solve Nigeria's problem by KILLING a 160 Million Nigerians.(100MIllion Hausa's, 30Million Yorubas, 30Million Igbos). | | | We can do it. By donating 1GUN to every 10-14year old.
Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by MuyiwaMike(m): 2:55pm On Nov 13, 2013
stephano100: gionee haa good prospects compared to tecno who kip recycling products,but i doubt if dey can win tecno in nigeria unless dey up their brand publicity game...all my frnds outside nairaland no nothing abt gionee....so dey've gotta looooooooonñnnngggg way to go.

those of u wanting tecno 2 hid dier names on d deir fone like gioneee are all duuull..dis reason alone is why gionee cant beat tecno in any f**k war,tecno is well knwn...gionee is not...simple.....if u dnt undastnd wat i wrote den u're a smellos lol...:
#teamvalue4money...gionee or tecno
Gionee is well recognized internationally even by the likes of GSM Arena and XDA developers..Google is my witness whereas try Googlesearch Tecno products and Nairaland and some local Nigerian blogs flock everywhere...I don't have any beef against Tecno..i was about buying Phantom F8 when someone told me about Gionee E3 and after much considerations..i found out that E3 is way better than Tecno f8 and even cheaper so i went for what i like abi who dey here wey no like beta tin?
Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by MuyiwaMike(m): 3:00pm On Nov 13, 2013
Ymodulus: I So much love GIONEE PRODUCTS. after using the Gionee P2.

I am waiting for the Gionee GPAD3

---------------
Why i love Gionee.

1. Colors is always 16MILLION..
2. Ram is not always 512MB. infact only gioneeP2 and CTRL V3, V4 has a 512MB ram. all others are 1GIG and above.
3. Network is not dual band. This means you can use it with foreign sims like O2 and AMERICAN/CANADIAN sims. Unlike tecno which does not work with foreign sims.
4. Its always Quad Core. (Use a quadcore fone like gionee e3, gpad2. o boy u go no say u use fone. gosh my head dey tease me!!!)
5. OTA UPDATE. With this i can buy a phone and be rest assured i will get a software update. e.g Gionee e3 will get update for ANDRIOD 4.4 KITKAT, but no tecno fone will get updates.
6. Camera is too good. also with bright flash and 16million colors.

my brother i saw it on Gionee India facebook page that Gpad 4 is out..13mp rear cam and 5.0mp front cam..one Nigerian guy commented on the post that Gpad3 is still being expected in Nigeria and they're saying Gpad4 is out..it was posted this morning on their facebook page

Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by Youngpo413: 3:04pm On Nov 13, 2013
Muyiwa Mike: Gionee is well recognized internationally even by the likes of GSM Arena and XDA developers..Google is my witness whereas try Googlesearch Tecno products and Nairaland and some local Nigerian blogs flock everywhere...I don't have any beef against Tecno..i was about buying Phantom F8 when someone told me about Gionee E3 and after much considerations..i found out that E3 is way better than Tecno f8 and even cheaper so i went for what i like abi who dey here wey no like beta tin?

Gsm arena?
Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by ocelot2006(m): 3:13pm On Nov 13, 2013
'never heard of Gionee phones before.
Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by BrightDeGea(m): 3:16pm On Nov 13, 2013
I no fit shout oo gionee bete pass tecno oo, i use gionee some of my homies uses tecno, but dem dey gbadu my gionee wella but shame no let dem tell me

1 Like

Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by MuyiwaMike(m): 3:20pm On Nov 13, 2013
Young po413:

Gsm arena?
YES..GSM ARENA..I REPEAT GSM ARENA..it exists in the United States under the brand name BLU LIFE.. check this out www.gsmarena.com/blu_life_play-5359.php ..u can check their website to verify or better still..Google is always there to save our asses all whenever we're kind of confused about anything after all,Google,they say is our friend..peace
Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by duni04(m): 3:20pm On Nov 13, 2013
OP is a very clever gionee sales agent. So clever that instead of chopping ban from seun, uv bin rewarded with front page viewing. Well done.
Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by directonpc(m): 3:21pm On Nov 13, 2013
Young po413:

Gsm arena?
yes selling in USA as blu
Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by Nobody: 3:23pm On Nov 13, 2013
born2fuck: Team#GioneeP2#, at least TECNO was not written gbaragada on it front
i dey tell you. Dats one thing i don't like bout tecno
Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by lat4real: 3:29pm On Nov 13, 2013
This thread is very funny. Gionee marketers/users has hijacked it. Just look around your surroundings and come back here to report what you see. Nonsense!
Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by Ymodulus: 3:36pm On Nov 13, 2013
lat4real: This thread is very funny. Gionee marketers/users has hijacked it. Just look around your surroundings and come back here to report what you see. Nonsense!
Y cant you accept truth.

why not check the pofile of the users. then you can know if they are marketers or not.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Infinix HOT 5 Unboxing + First Look / Huawei’s ‘oak OS’ Will Be Launching By August Or September / Apple Releases New Smart Battery Case For The Iphone. PRICE N46,440 (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.