Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,707 members, 7,802,119 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:23 AM

Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee (25703 Views)

Tecno Is Going Premium And It Is Frightening. Here's Why / Top 5 Reason Why Tecno Is Still The Worst Android Phone Ever / Tecno Is Winning The Smartphone War In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by Nobody: 11:56am On Nov 17, 2013
nani.666:

Gionee also does this.... the 8MP camera on the Gpad G2 is like 3MP on Samsung... or even worse

check on this thread you would see pics i posted that were taken by my gionee elife 5 8mp... all in full darkness only enhanced by my flash... i took the pics when d e5 was my only phone... so indeed they are powerful, but if u say the g2 has a poor camera, i guess they too should be blamed....

www.nairaland.com/1511783/which-phones-good-taking-pictures
Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by rols(m): 12:12pm On Nov 17, 2013
Tecno is still very good.. u people ar hard to satisfy , am still enjoying my D5 but i dont mind to upgrade.
Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by nani667: 12:52pm On Nov 17, 2013
deejay_harry1:

check on this thread you would see pics i posted that were taken by my gionee elife 5 8mp... all in full darkness only enhanced by my flash... i took the pics when d e5 was my only phone... so indeed they are powerful, but if u say the g2 has a poor camera, i guess they too should be blamed....

www.nairaland.com/1511783/which-phones-good-taking-pictures

I don't have to waste my MBs checking any thread sir...I never mentioned E5...I said the Gpad G2...and I know what I'm talking about cos I've read numerous reviews...I've watched video reviews...and I currently use the Gpad G2 now....so no need for Arguments.... Tecno fabricates specs....but apparently Gionee does it too....guess it's a Chinese thang

1 Like

Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by Jeffy1206(m): 1:34pm On Nov 17, 2013
nani.666:

I don't have to waste my MBs checking any thread sir...I never mentioned E5...I said the Gpad G2...and I know what I'm talking about cos I've read numerous reviews...I've watched video reviews...and I currently use the Gpad G2 now....so no need for Arguments.... Tecno fabricates specs....but apparently Gionee does it too....guess it's a Chinese thang
u need to see the g4 that we are all waiting for take a shot... So poor. Infact after using my lovely Nokia n8,no phone has satisfy me with picture quality again especially at night (why did I even sell it sef). Nowadays all companies just follow numbers without quality....even note2 is guilty of it... It has led me to say all 8mp are crap, no wonder Nokia don't bother much on 8m I miss Nokia no matter what but they have to realise that I can no longer continue with them after going for windows instead of...Take it or leave it, any phone with 8mp don't just entice me anymore;there is more to that.
Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by Idrismusty97(m): 1:38pm On Nov 17, 2013
nani.666:

This is why i said they may all be affiliated to a larger company.Just toying with our brains and money.Anyway i still enjoyed my P5 sha but i will not fight for it.
Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by Nobody: 1:43pm On Nov 17, 2013
nani.666:

not arguing with you.. dont even use neither both of them nomore... i got my note 2..

just tryn to state my e5 never dissapointed me.. dunno bout yall G2.. watever they dim fit, gionee bleeps up on their lowend phone, and works loadz on their high end phone... while tecno Bleep.s up in all... thtz the point im tryn to drum..

1 Like

Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by Jeffy1206(m): 4:14pm On Nov 17, 2013
deejay_harry1:

not arguing with you.. dont even use neither both of them nomore... i got my note 2..

just tryn to state my e5 never dissapointed me.. dunno bout yall G2.. watever they dim fit, gionee bleeps up on their lowend phone, and works loadz on their high end phone... while tecno Bleep.s up in all... thtz the point im tryn to drum..
I raised this same issue on P2 section and one guy insulted me as if na him get the company... I simply sed gionee shud not be producing low end phones... They failed in some necessary department. cool

1 Like

Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by Memphisbleek: 2:56pm On Nov 18, 2013
Gionee E6:

5 inch FHD screen

RAM- 1.5Ghz quadcore

32GB Rom

Android 4.2 upgradable to 4.3

3G network

Super-slim build(7.9mm across)

Air gesture,multimedia pause when you look away from the screen

Back 13Mp camera.Front 5Mp camera

DTS surround sound system

Only drawback is 2020Mah battery

Price at Slot medical road,near computer village ikeja as at 18/11/13..........40k only.Doubt me,place a call to slot and confirm.
Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by jehi: 1:55pm On Nov 19, 2013
Memphis bleek: Gionee E6:

5 inch FHD screen

RAM- 1.5Ghz quadcore

32GB Rom

Android 4.2 upgradable to 4.3

3G network

Super-slim build(7.9mm across)

Air gesture,multimedia pause when you look away from the screen

Back 13Mp camera.Front 5Mp camera

DTS surround sound system

Only drawback is 2020Mah battery

Price at Slot medical road,near computer village ikeja as at 18/11/13..........40k only.Doubt me,place a call to slot and confirm.
really, cos i was there yesterday and the price for E6 was displayed for N60,000

Better go check again

2 Likes

Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by jorhney(m): 6:11pm On Nov 19, 2013
hmm

Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by Seuntek(m): 2:33pm On Jul 14, 2014
what i need now is d JOLLA SAILFISH phone, Bleep tecno, Bleep gionee, Bleep android
Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by wizzyblast(m): 12:39am On Jul 22, 2014
In most phone shops in portharcourt, tecno still sells more than other brands. Esp. The h7, r7 and their p9 tablet. That doesn't look like losing to me. I work in a phone shop. people buy what they've seen with their friends and colleagues at work. Gionee is a good Brand... But it's not as popular as tecno..

It's not the brand name that matters. -- in terms of quality.. Tecno and Gionee are cool.
But then again, the brand name matters -- popularity wins the market!!

1 Like

Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by Queentito(f): 10:26am On Aug 31, 2017
Gionee for where? Tecno big fan over here
Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by FellaL: 4:05pm On Aug 31, 2017
Gionee is a brand? Let's be serious please.

Queentito:
Gionee for where? Tecno big fan over here
Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by Nobody: 5:02pm On Aug 31, 2017
FellaL:
Gionee is a brand? Let's be serious please.

So! Does it have after sales service country wide or nationwide?. Are their products affordable?
Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by SleekMadam: 5:20pm On Aug 31, 2017
for their mind, tecno stays winning
Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by FellaL: 8:22pm On Aug 31, 2017
I don't quite get what you are asking.

asuustrike2009:

So! Does it have after sales service country wide or nationwide?. Are their products affordable?
Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by Nobody: 8:49pm On Aug 31, 2017
FellaL:
I don't quite get what you are asking.

What I meant was that if I have issues with the phone, can I find place to repair it aside road side technicians. Do they have shops across the 36 states in nigeria.Do they have spare parts of their phone accessories ? . These are what I meant
Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by FellaL: 11:13pm On Aug 31, 2017
I actually don't know of any Gionee service centers, but they say they have somewhere around Ojota axis sha, but to me... Gionee isn't a serious brand. They are a waste of smartphone market share in Nigeria.

asuustrike2009:

What I meant was that if I have issues with the phone, can I find place to repair it aside road side technicians. Do they have shops across the 36 states in nigeria.Do they have spare parts of their phone accessories ? . These are what I meant
Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by lastbaff(m): 11:32pm On Aug 31, 2017
Guys, check out this list for the best Tecno phone: Latest Tecno phones and prices
Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by Nobody: 11:44pm On Aug 31, 2017
FellaL:
I actually don't know of any Gionee service centers, but they say they have somewhere around Ojota axis sha, but to me... Gionee isn't a serious brand. They are a waste of smartphone market share in Nigeria.

Kk

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Huawei’s ‘oak OS’ Will Be Launching By August Or September / Apple Releases New Smart Battery Case For The Iphone. PRICE N46,440 (PHOTOS) / Finally! Video Call Feature Is Now Official On Whatsapp For Everyone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.