Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,025 members, 7,803,445 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:35 PM

Osogbo In Osun State,pls. Tell Me About It! - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Osogbo In Osun State,pls. Tell Me About It! (2559 Views)

How To Answer ‘Tell Me About Yourself’ At A Job Interview / Pls Tell Me D Salry Scale B4 Is Late For Me Urgent / Osun State Now Offers 20,000 Jobs To Youths In 1wk, Under Aregbesola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osogbo In Osun State,pls. Tell Me About It! by assalaamat(m): 9:54am On Nov 13, 2013
Hello guys! i need you to help me on this issue,i'm planning of relocating to Osogbo in osun state by the end of this month to set up a biz and also to start a new life.It's been a long time i've been nurturing the idea and i'm very ready to roll this very month.Pls my brothers&sisters,if you're from or presently living in Osun state,Osogbo to be precise,kindly tell me about life,environment and commercial area i should relocate to in osogbo bcs i'm planning to start selling recharge cards in bulk & doing some other things.Thanks a whole lot in advance.
Re: Osogbo In Osun State,pls. Tell Me About It! by mamaoge: 10:31am On Nov 13, 2013
Hello Poster,

I do not live in Ilorin but I simply want to draw your attention to this thread you opened in May, https://www.nairaland.com/1292210/100-natural-traditional-herbal-cure#1575031. People are waiting for you there to attend to their requests, hmn? undecided

Wish you favourable relocation smiley
Re: Osogbo In Osun State,pls. Tell Me About It! by Dollarjunkie: 11:44am On Nov 13, 2013
Served in Osogbo. Its a cool city and peaceful.
There's always light but PHCN wahala join ooo. For the type of ur biz, I will choose Olaiya junction for you. Get a place in Odi-olowo street (the house rent there is so cheap like 1.5k/month for a room). Odi-olowo, alekwodu and Gbongan joined at the Olaiya junction. I prefer Odi_olowo to others. A market is there and phone accessories sellers as well as Sim registration agents can be found there too. I think that place is the best bet. Airtel and MTN offices are some few kilometers away from there. The only problem there (which mostly won't affect you) is that Banks are situated at Gbongan road, and armed robbers mostly rob banks there. And they pass through that olaiya junction after every robbery and sometimes shoots in the air. Didn't witness any victim of their shooting during my time there but witnessed many robbery attack cuz I stay close to the junction.
This is best I can offer and I hope it helps out.

2 Likes

Re: Osogbo In Osun State,pls. Tell Me About It! by assalaamat(m): 12:53pm On Nov 13, 2013
Dollarjunkie: Served in Osogbo. Its a cool city and peaceful.
There's always light but PHCN wahala join ooo. For the type of ur biz, I will choose Olaiya junction for you. Get a place in Odi-olowo street (the house rent there is so cheap like 1.5k/month for a room). Odi-olowo, alekwodu and Gbongan joined at the Olaiya junction. I prefer Odi_olowo to others. A market is there and phone accessories sellers as well as Sim registration agents can be found there too. I think that place is the best bet. Airtel and MTN offices are some few kilometers away from there. The only problem there (which mostly won't affect you) is that Banks are situated at Gbongan road, and armed robbers mostly rob banks there. And they pass through that olaiya junction after every robbery and sometimes shoots in the air. Didn't witness any victim of their shooting during my time there but witnessed many robbery attack cuz I stay close to the junction.
thanks a whole lot,i really appreciate it.
Re: Osogbo In Osun State,pls. Tell Me About It! by assalaamat(m): 10:50am On Nov 14, 2013
Pls. tell me more!
Re: Osogbo In Osun State,pls. Tell Me About It! by onegig(m): 12:19pm On Nov 14, 2013
Why don't you just go there and visit maybe for a day or two and tour round to see things for your self? If thats the next big step you wanna take. Shouldn't be that hard to experience things for your self.

1 Like

Re: Osogbo In Osun State,pls. Tell Me About It! by asonopepo: 5:21pm On Nov 20, 2013
Dollarjunkie: Served in Osogbo. Its a cool city and peaceful.

@Dollarjunkie,

Why are you adding salt and sugar to your analysis about osogbo? All what you said about osogbo is fine except the armed robber thing. I have spent over four years in osogbo and I have never witness armed robbery. As a matter of fact, I work in one of the banks in osogbo and I have never witness such.
I disagree with you.
Re: Osogbo In Osun State,pls. Tell Me About It! by assalaamat(m): 5:55pm On Nov 20, 2013
asonopepo:

@Dollarjunkie,

Why are you adding salt and sugar to your analysis about osogbo? All what you said about osogbo is fine except the armed robber thing. I have spent over four years in osogbo and I have never witness armed robbery. As a matter of fact, I work in one of the banks in osogbo and I have never witness such.
I disagree with you.
thanks for your comment my dear bro. Apart from me doing recharge cards biz there,is it possible for me to get a teaching job in one of the private secondary schools there with my HND,bcs that's my real passion which i'm don't wanna toy with it at all.Thanks
Re: Osogbo In Osun State,pls. Tell Me About It! by lightheart(m): 6:37pm On Nov 20, 2013
asonopepo:

@Dollarjunkie,

I disagree with you.

I and some other bank users have been locked up in a bank premises cos they got info that some other banks were being robbed. This happened in my service year. So calm down.

@op, Osogbo is a calm, peaceful and not-an-expensive town. You'll enjoy it. Be vibrant.
Re: Osogbo In Osun State,pls. Tell Me About It! by Dollarjunkie: 8:17pm On Nov 22, 2013
asonopepo:

@Dollarjunkie,

I disagree with you.

Lol @Sugar and Salt analysis. Just letting him know the other side of the coin though I highlighted it will have little or no effect to him. I truly witnessed about 3 bank robbery operation during my service year. One in GTB gbongan, another in First Bank gbongan and in UBA igbono.
Re: Osogbo In Osun State,pls. Tell Me About It! by Dollarjunkie: 8:21pm On Nov 22, 2013
assalaamat: thanks for your comment my dear bro. Apart from me doing recharge cards biz there,is it possible for me to get a teaching job in one of the private secondary schools there with my HND,bcs that's my real passion which i'm don't wanna toy with it at all.Thanks

Teaching job in private schools abound in Osogbo. Put away your fears and go enjoy your life over there and I bet you won't regret it.
Re: Osogbo In Osun State,pls. Tell Me About It! by sapphirefood(f): 7:26pm On Dec 30, 2013
Hi,pls am new to oshogbo and need a job badly.wil appreciate any help.i hv a degree in agricultural extension
Re: Osogbo In Osun State,pls. Tell Me About It! by donmatin(m): 10:22am On Dec 31, 2013
sapphirefood: Hi,pls am new to oshogbo and need a job badly.wil appreciate any help.i hv a degree in agricultural extension
Osogbo isn't really an industrial area.places dat cud fetch u quick jobs will be bank,schools or fastfuds Dats my observation from my short one year stay.so go around Dus circles.
Re: Osogbo In Osun State,pls. Tell Me About It! by sapphirefood(f): 1:05pm On Jan 03, 2014
donmatin: Osogbo isn't really an industrial area.places dat cud fetch u quick jobs will be bank,schools or fastfuds Dats my observation from my short one year stay.so go around Dus circles.
tanx 4 d info,i appreciate

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What Are The Chances Of A Criminology Graduate In Job Market / Obeezi Mall Interview!! / Need A Job In Zaria, Kaduna State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.