Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,134 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:47 AM

Why The South East, Must ShunThe APC For Now! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why The South East, Must ShunThe APC For Now! (5866 Views)

April 11 Elections: South-east Must Vote APC – Nwagwu / Why South-east Must Reject Jonathan In 2015 — APC / Terror In Anambra (all Igbos Travelling To East Must Read This And Beware!) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why The South East, Must ShunThe APC For Now! by Nobody: 1:22pm On Nov 13, 2013
In 1999, these three parties held the sway, AD, ANPP and PDP.

Out of the three, the PDP was more of a national party, AD was a party of the South West while the ANPP was a party of the Northerners.

South East just like at other times, (when we say we are more detribalized than the others, they won't agree) embraced the national party and the PDP won all the South Eastern states.

While the PDP made inroads into the North and the West, their regional parties gave them the platform to get better bargains at the national level. The South East had no bargain at all even as OBJ hijacked the party (PDP) for his selfish interests.

When the PDP was hijacked, the South West retained certain control because of their regional party, same thing in the North.

Chekwas Okorie understanding the Nigerian politics, entered with his APGA to balance the equation and OBJ played the devils advocate by working hard to destroy the regional parties. He undid AD, but the South West quickly recovered and formed AC (later became ACN). The ANPP was almost dead and they quickly came up with the CPC. APGA was destroyed courtesy of Victor Ume and since it was only Chekwas that understood the Nigerian politics, there was no replacement for APGA.

Orji Uzo Kalu was very selfish, instead of building a regional party, he formed PPA (Personal Party Alliance?). Today, the South East is without a regional party like the others. This is not good for us!

Now, let no one be deceived, the ACN, ANPP and CPC only came together for one singular purpose:

To wrestle power from Jonathan who "should not have been President" in the first place. Jonathan does not belong to the "ruling class"!

APC has "shared" Nigeria according to the quota of the regional parties that formed it.
Rochas sold himself so cheap thinking he was smart! Of recent, we heard that he is not even a member of the APC yet. He had ran ahead to sell APGA to the APC without negotiating anything. Please, does Rochas really have any brains?

I am not saying that the South East cannot join the APC, but the time is not right! Negotiations have since ended. a look at the national leadership of the APC will prove my point.

We cannot join the "opposition yet"! We must maintain the status quo and then get it right!

This is partly why the APC must not win the Anambra guber poll on Saturday.
Also, the APC stood against the State of Emergency as declared by Mr. President in the North while we in the South East support it.
Two cannot work together except they agree.

I am calling on all stake holders in Anambra and the entire South East, to shun the APC for now!

8 Likes

Re: Why The South East, Must ShunThe APC For Now! by Nobody: 1:51pm On Nov 13, 2013
True talk my brother. Say no APC.

3 Likes

Re: Why The South East, Must ShunThe APC For Now! by wesley80(m): 2:03pm On Nov 13, 2013
The question the Anambra people would be answering is Who's legacy they want to embrace; Awolowo the sectionalist's (ACN), the nationalist ZIK's (PDP) or the revolutionary Ojukwu's (APGA). I believe its as simple as that. Nde Anambra, the ball is in your court.
Re: Why The South East, Must ShunThe APC For Now! by Nobody: 2:11pm On Nov 13, 2013
wesley80: The question the Anambra people would be answering is Who's legacy they want to embrace; Awolowo the sectionalist's (ACN), the nationalist ZIK's (PDP) or the revolutionary Ojukwu's (APGA). I believe its as simple as that. Nde Anambra, the ball is in your court.

No, the question Anambrians would be answering is whose manifesto will benefit us. Let the best candidate win.

1 Like

Re: Why The South East, Must ShunThe APC For Now! by agbameta: 2:15pm On Nov 13, 2013
You've been fighting against your own best interest since forever so please carry on...
Re: Why The South East, Must ShunThe APC For Now! by Nobody: 2:16pm On Nov 13, 2013
Still spreading the FEAR and HATE propaganda...

11 Likes

Re: Why The South East, Must ShunThe APC For Now! by Nobody: 2:19pm On Nov 13, 2013
Prof Corruption:

No, the question Anambrians would be answering is whose manifesto will benefit us. Let the best candidate win.

As far as I am concerned, none of the current contestants has shown the real qualities of a true visionary and revolutionary leader with respect to what we need most: industrialization and human capital development. They are all busy making bogus promises like one of them that promised to build an “airport in six months time” as if building an airport is the same as building a 2-Bedroom flat.
Re: Why The South East, Must ShunThe APC For Now! by VICTORCIZA(m): 2:20pm On Nov 13, 2013
No to APC

2 Likes

Re: Why The South East, Must ShunThe APC For Now! by Nobody: 2:25pm On Nov 13, 2013
agbameta: You've been fighting against your own best interest since forever so please carry on...

Our best interest for now is to shun APC!
You can not know our best interest more than us!

ACN was a South West Party, CPC and ANPP were northern parties.
We can not join the bandwagon the way Rochas did without negotiation.

It is in our interest to negotiate before we join!

4 Likes

Re: Why The South East, Must ShunThe APC For Now! by Nobody: 2:29pm On Nov 13, 2013
VICTORCIZA: No to APC

Yes to Tony Nwoye and Ifeanyi Ubah.

I wonder if you people actually think PDP under GEJ have your interest at heart....if they can unceremoniously dropped the brightest candidates in the person of Soludo and the other guy from US for a common political thug like Nwoye and a debt-ridden Ubah, then its speaks volume of the kind of people you wish to put your political leadership on.

4 Likes

Re: Why The South East, Must ShunThe APC For Now! by wesley80(m): 2:31pm On Nov 13, 2013
Prof Corruption:

Maybe you need to read the story of Esau. Look beyond immediate and perhaps feigned gratification the battle is for the soul of the South East.
Re: Why The South East, Must ShunThe APC For Now! by Nobody: 2:34pm On Nov 13, 2013
ilugunboy: Still spreading the FEAR and HATE propaganda...
Me Spread fear? No sir.

But I am afraid of Nigeria actually. We have not still recovered from the genocide. Our people are still being slaughtered in Northern Nigeria and APC was busy opposing every move Mr. President was making. We don't and can't trust them except we have a good bargain.

me spread hate?

No sir. Go to Northern Nigeria and see where hate against our people is demonstrated in broad day light.
I am only concerned about the survival of my people.
To give Anambra to the APC will be our undoing. We must resist this!

3 Likes

Re: Why The South East, Must ShunThe APC For Now! by Nobody: 2:35pm On Nov 13, 2013
I heard that the three main contestants (Ubah, Obiano, and Ngige) engaged in a political debate a few weeks back.

Ubah presented the most salient points and won the debate.

Ifeanyi Ubah.

LOL.

The most popular candidates, in order, are in Ngige followed by Obiano, with Ubah being a distant third.

Anambra is f**cked.
Re: Why The South East, Must ShunThe APC For Now! by wesley80(m): 2:37pm On Nov 13, 2013
ilugunboy:

I wonder if you people actually think PDP under GEJ have your interest at heart....if they can unceremoniously dropped the brightest candidates in the person of Soludo and the other guy from US for a common political thug like Nwoye and a debt-ridden Ubah, then its speaks volume of the kind of people you wish to put your political leadership on.
Was Soludo dropped or he left voluntarily to seek greener pastures in APGA? Stop peddling petty lies.
Re: Why The South East, Must ShunThe APC For Now! by Nobody: 2:40pm On Nov 13, 2013
ilugunboy:

The truth is that the South East has faired far better under Jonathan any other.
I am a die hard follower of Soludo but the man has his personal problems.
Soludo disappeared immediately after the 2010 elections and just appeared close to this election. he has disappointed again form the scene. What impact can he make with that?

Our concern is not the immediate gains. It is about the battle for the soul of the South East.
We can't be sold so cheap! Anambra should not go to the APC.
Re: Why The South East, Must ShunThe APC For Now! by Nobody: 2:44pm On Nov 13, 2013
nnenna.1:
I heard that the three main contestants (Ubah, Obiano, and Ngige) engaged in a political a few weeks back.

Ubah presented the most salient points and won the debate.

Ifeanyi Ubah.

LOL.

The most popular candidates, in order, are in Ngige followed by Obiano, with Ubah being a distant third.

Anambra is f**cked.

As far as I am concerned, none of the current contestants has shown the real qualities of a true visionary and revolutionary leader with respect to what we need most: industrialization and human capital development. They are all busy making bogus promises like Ngige that promised to build an “airport in six months time” as if building an airport is the same as building a 2-Bedroom flat.

the ugly fact is that we do not have a good bargain in the APC. The West has a good ground, the North also has, and we have nothing!
I am still appealing to all who love Anambra to reject APC!
Re: Why The South East, Must ShunThe APC For Now! by Nobody: 2:49pm On Nov 13, 2013
wesley80: Maybe you need to read the story of Esau. Look beyond immediate and perhaps feigned gratification the battle is for the soul of the South East.

The problem is that our people are more Nigerian than all the others, and that is why they always loose!
While Awo built his Western region, Bello built his Northern region and what did Zik do? He was busy shouting "one" Nigeria.
And after 100 years, Nigeria has refused to be one.

In Nigeria, it is only our people that travel all over the place developing other people's lands, while leaving ours to deplete. Only to be killed at slightest excuse as if they are less than goats.

Our people must come together and build a regional force that will protect our interest pending when the Biafran flag will fly to fall no more.

1 Like

Re: Why The South East, Must ShunThe APC For Now! by eggheaders(m): 2:50pm On Nov 13, 2013
This case is just another gambari pa fulani issue joor.
Re: Why The South East, Must ShunThe APC For Now! by phriglobe: 2:58pm On Nov 13, 2013
Vote Ngige, ignore these primitive minded individuals

1 Like

Re: Why The South East, Must ShunThe APC For Now! by Nobody: 3:02pm On Nov 13, 2013
APGA which was supposed to be a regional party has been destroyed by Obi and his cohorts. I lost my respect for APGA since after the death of Ojukwu. It will be very shameful that after the election in Anambra, APGA will be finally buried just like PPA.

This is the time to forget about regionalism and join APC. Southeast states will do much better with APC as its political party than PDP or even APGA, that is if it will still exist.
Re: Why The South East, Must ShunThe APC For Now! by PointB: 3:07pm On Nov 13, 2013
Sadly all the contestant for the Anambra State election are mediocre;nevertheless, I think pitching our tents with Obiano will help salvage whatever is left of APGA and SE potential bargaining to tool.

Thumb printing for APGA is task that MUST be done!

1 Like

Re: Why The South East, Must ShunThe APC For Now! by Nobody: 3:10pm On Nov 13, 2013
berem: APGA which was supposed to be a regional party has been destroyed by Obi and his cohorts. I lost my respect for APGA since after the death of Ojukwu. It will be very shameful that after the election in Anambra, APGA will be finally buried just like PPA.

This is the time to forget about regionalism and join APC. Southeast states will do much better with APC as its political party than PDP or even APGA, that is if it will still exist.

The problem of the
South East is that they have never been good at regional politics. That is why we are always short changed. It is only in the South East that a man like Rochas would single handedly join a merger party without any negotiation. The West plays regional politics to the core, the North are experts. The even crosses the party lines to protect their interest.

They have not forgotten it, why must we forget?

Anambra people hear me and hear me well. Our great state must not fall so cheap. We must not go to the APC. We do not have any bargain in the APC. We should not join yet!
Re: Why The South East, Must ShunThe APC For Now! by wesley80(m): 3:11pm On Nov 13, 2013
berem: APGA which was supposed to be a regional party has been destroyed by Obi and his cohorts. I lost my respect for APGA since after the death of Ojukwu. It will be very shameful that after the election in Anambra, APGA will be finally buried just like PPA.

This is the time to forget about regionalism and join APC.
Southeast states will do much better with APC as its political party than PDP or even APGA, that is if it will still exist.

You mean you couldn't see the irony in your own words? Duh! The APC is a party of hardcore and unrepentant regionalists seeking to further their own ends. No matter what they bring, Anambra would be regarded as "captured" territory!
Re: Why The South East, Must ShunThe APC For Now! by Nobody: 3:13pm On Nov 13, 2013
ilugunboy: Still spreading the FEAR and HATE propaganda...
Yes, until there is genuine repentance from the SW
Re: Why The South East, Must ShunThe APC For Now! by phriglobe: 3:13pm On Nov 13, 2013
APGA died with ojukwu. Ngige must be voted!!!!! Anambra people have suffered enough to clueless governance
Re: Why The South East, Must ShunThe APC For Now! by phriglobe: 3:14pm On Nov 13, 2013
APC is not our problem right now, rather the fraud current governor
Re: Why The South East, Must ShunThe APC For Now! by Nobody: 3:16pm On Nov 13, 2013
ilugunboy:

He caused his own self destruction, You dont dine and wine with Atiku and want to win a primary in PDP, we in the SE are trying our best to get ride of God Fatherism
Re: Why The South East, Must ShunThe APC For Now! by eggheaders(m): 3:16pm On Nov 13, 2013
noblezone:

The problem of the
South East is that they have never been good at regional politics. That is why we are always short changed. It is only in the South East that a man like Rochas would single handedly join a merger party without any negotiation. The West plays regional politics to the core, the North are experts. The even crosses the party lines to protect their interest.

Anambra people hear me and hear me well. Our great state must not fall so cheap. We must not go to the APC. We do not have any bargain in the APC. We should not join yet!

It will make more sense if you go to ochanga or main market to scream this your gospel. But to break the bad news to you, according to the polls and opinion of people on ground onwa is dusting obi shone shiner and the other money miss road.
Re: Why The South East, Must ShunThe APC For Now! by Nobody: 3:20pm On Nov 13, 2013
phri*globe:
APGA died with ojukwu. Ngige must be voted!!!!! Anambra people have suffered enough to clueless governance
Brother no Governor has had freedom to operate under ACN and APC, The last we want is Anambra under the hands of our old rivals and those who have never wished us well
Re: Why The South East, Must ShunThe APC For Now! by Nobody: 3:20pm On Nov 13, 2013
phri*globe:
Vote Ngige, ignore these primitive minded individuals

And it is Buhari who always calls for blood in the name of campaigning for election that is not primitive?
It is the "sai Buhari" movement that is not primitive. right?
Your APC party accused Jonathan of being behind the Boko Haram, and when Jonathan decided to use force, they all moved against him.

You can call me whatever you like, but the fact remains that Ngige is so cheap as well as Rochas.
Leaders are meant to lead their people and not to satisfy their selfish interests.

Whose interest is Rochas serving? Whose interest is Ngige serving? He was not ashamed to tell us that he spend 250 Million on toilets!
Dear Anambrians, this is our chance to tell Nigeria that we are not so cheap!
Resist the APC.

2 Likes

Re: Why The South East, Must ShunThe APC For Now! by Nobody: 3:21pm On Nov 13, 2013
noblezone:

The problem of the

When does Anambra intend to join APC? As it is now, APGA has totally failed in the South East. PDP and APC are not regional parties. I want you to still prove to me that APC is a regional party. Remember that APC is still young and have plans to win other states irrespective of the geo political zones.
Re: Why The South East, Must ShunThe APC For Now! by automaticcars: 3:23pm On Nov 13, 2013
noblezone:

And it is Buhari who always calls for blood in the name of campaigning for election that is not primitive?
It is the "sai Buhari" movement that is not primitive. right?
Your APC party accused Jonathan of being behind the Boko Haram, and when Jonathan decided to use force, they all moved against him.

You can call me whatever you like, but the fact remains that Ngige is so cheap as well as Rochas.
Leaders are meant to lead their people and not to satisfy their selfish interests.

Whose interest is Rochas serving? Whose interest is Ngige serving? He was not ashamed to tell us that he spend 250 Million on toilets!
Dear Anambrians, this is our chance to tell Nigeria that we are not so cheap!
Resist the APC.

Cry me a river. APC is here to transform entire Nigeria; Anambra included. Get it into your skull, APC is winning on Saturday. Anambra shall rise again!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

More Than 85 Died In Renewed Cholera Outbreak In Ghana / Festival Of Bare Breast / Breaking News : Sen. Magnus Abey Appointed Dg Namada. By President Buhari.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.