Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,308 members, 7,808,043 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:33 AM

Just Keep Chewing - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Just Keep Chewing (413 Views)

Chewing Gum Attract Marine Spirit / What Makes Chewing Gum During Service In Church Wrong? / Is Chewing Gum A Sin Before God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Just Keep Chewing by oladoya(m): 1:34pm On Nov 13, 2013
....he struck three times and stopped.' 2 Kings 13:18.
When threatened by the Assyrian army, Israel's King turned to prophet Elisha for help. Elisha told him to take some arrows and keep striking them on the ground. But the king did it only three times and stopped. So Elisha was angry with him and said,'... You should have struck five or six times,' then you would have struck syria till you had destroyed it! But now you will strike syrial only three times. This is a story of partial victory,of what might have been if the king had put more effort into it. You see, it's not just the opportunity it's the attitude that meets with opportunity that determines the outcome. God wil give you chances to win, but it's your commitment that determines the siz of your victory. Paul writes,'Serve wholeheartedly, as if you were serving the Lord, not men.(Eph. 6:7). The clock meant nothing to Paul because he was on a mission. 'I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only i may complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me...(Acts20:24). People of impact live with that mindset. So here is the question: is your heart in what you are doing? Are you giving it your all? A friend of mine spoke to me indirectly, when i was still pursuing admission into university. He said...'doing an assignment several times and expecting a different result, is madness at its peak'... Though i heared that, but i never gave up. Visions dont come cheap or easy. The bigger your vision, the bigger the price-tag. The secrete of fulfilling your visison is just keep chewing... Do what you do best and give it your totallity, victory is yours

1 Like

Re: Just Keep Chewing by PastorOluT(m): 3:56pm On Nov 13, 2013
oladoya: ....he struck three times and stopped.' 2 Kings 13:18.
When threatened by the Assyrian army, Israel's King turned to prophet Elisha for help. Elisha told him to take some arrows and keep striking them on the ground. But the king did it only three times and stopped. So Elisha was angry with him and said,'... You should have struck five or six times,' then you would have struck syria till you had destroyed it! But now you will strike syrial only three times. This is a story of partial victory,of what might have been if the king had put more effort into it. You see, it's not just the opportunity it's the attitude that meets with opportunity that determines the outcome. God wil give you chances to win, but it's your commitment that determines the siz of your victory. Paul writes,'Serve wholeheartedly, as if you were serving the Lord, not men.(Eph. 6:7). The clock meant nothing to Paul because he was on a mission. 'I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only i may complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me...(Acts20:24). People of impact live with that mindset. So here is the question: is your heart in what you are doing? Are you giving it your all? A friend of mine spoke to me indirectly, when i was still pursuing admission into university. He said...'doing an assignment several times and expecting a different result, is madness at its peak'... Though i heared that, but i never gave up. Visions dont come cheap or easy. The bigger your vision, the bigger the price-tag. The secrete of fulfilling your visison is just keep chewing... Do what you do best and give it your totallity, victory is yours

Good one @ op, bt the saying "doing the same thing the same way and expecting a different result" has nothing to do with persistence. What it has to do is u foolishly n repeatedly doing a thing n expecting things to change for the better.
Re: Just Keep Chewing by oladoya(m): 4:36pm On Nov 13, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

Good one @ op, bt the saying "doing the same thing the same way and expecting a different result" has nothing to do with persistence. What it has to do is u foolishly n repeatedly doing a thing n expecting things to change for the better.
that means the guy actually used the word wrongly, cos he wanted me to find another things doing, rather than writing jamb again.
Re: Just Keep Chewing by PastorOluT(m): 5:09pm On Nov 13, 2013
oladoya: that means the guy actually used the word wrongly, cos he wanted me to find another things doing, rather than writing jamb again.

Obviously

(1) (Reply)

Spiritual Digest For The Day 20th 0f November 2013 / The Inhumanity To Fellow Human Being Perpetrated By Boko Haram Sect / The False, The Fake And The Faithful

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.