Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,932 members, 7,799,142 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 04:00 PM

Nigerians In Argentina And Other Unusual Places - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians In Argentina And Other Unusual Places (19443 Views)

4 Unusual Things That Can Only Happen In Aba / Nigerians In The Desert Trying To Travel To Europe / Please I Need To Know If There Are Any Nigerians In Argentina And Chile (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians In Argentina And Other Unusual Places by my2cents(m): 5:58pm On Jun 23, 2006
To Jalal:
I actually know of a couple in Iceland wink

To all:
The mere fact, global village aside, that we are willing to go to some of the most remote places on this earth, to me, shows how bad it is for our country. If Nigeria were as it was in the 70s and early 80s, when other nationalities were actually going to Nigeria for vacation and jobs, there would be no need to go to these places but for vacationing.

It is a pity that in search of "greener pastures (I am still yet to find it o!)", some of us are willing to do things and go places that they hitherto wouldn't have gone.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Argentina And Other Unusual Places by alarinjo(m): 8:16pm On Jun 23, 2006
My cousin was at Iraq with the medical arm of the US military embarassed
Re: Nigerians In Argentina And Other Unusual Places by bumbaby(f): 8:40pm On Jun 23, 2006
My Nigeria friend lives in Jerusalem, i am still surprised about that.
Re: Nigerians In Argentina And Other Unusual Places by bami(m): 11:11pm On Jun 26, 2006
my aunty told me that she was suprised to see nigerians in Tibet

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Argentina And Other Unusual Places by my2cents(m): 3:41pm On Jun 27, 2006
A Nigerian in Tibet? Now thatz a site I wanna c grin
Re: Nigerians In Argentina And Other Unusual Places by iice(f): 7:21pm On Jun 27, 2006
Yeah what a sight but i aint suprised, we are everywhere and so long as a nigerian got something 2 do in that place he will survive there no matter the conditions smiley
Re: Nigerians In Argentina And Other Unusual Places by naijaflyer(m): 5:57pm On Jun 28, 2006
I remeber walking up to a group of girls at a club in Lusaka, Zambia, and after they turned down my request for a dance, i unconciously replied in pidgin; ' how una go come club no go wan dance??!!!' to which the leader of the pack replied me; ' bros which part of naija you from come??' Needless to say, I was stunned. It turned out that she was from ogun state and was working there as an expatriate.

And for those who claim that Nigerians go to all sort of places because of the prevailing economic situation, I can assure you that thats not the main reason. We all have a major sense of adventure and its been on even before independence. Whenever my driver tells me about places he went to when he was younger, the Nigerians he met, and the wild oats he sowed, you'll understand what I'm talking about.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Argentina And Other Unusual Places by Wandungu(m): 9:00am On Nov 25, 2006
Naijaflyer, wetin carry u go Lusaka, Zambia? Na my city be that, 4 there them born me!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Argentina And Other Unusual Places by edmondo(m): 10:04pm On Nov 25, 2006
i no believe say 9ja fit dey iraq and afghan bt 9ja dey travel no b small oooooooooo
Re: Nigerians In Argentina And Other Unusual Places by juskemi: 7:12pm On Nov 27, 2006
I actually lived in Buenos Aires, Argentina for 4 years, soo heeeyyy, and it was the most beautiful place ever, there are not too many black people there so everytime people saw us, they wanted to take pictures with us and everything, it was quite exciting!!

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Argentina And Other Unusual Places by iice(f): 8:19am On Nov 28, 2006
juskemi:

I actually lived in Buenos Aires, Argentina for 4 years, soo heeeyyy, and it was the most beautiful place ever, there are not too many black people there so everytime people saw us, they wanted to take pictures with us and everything, it was quite exciting!!

awesome!! i want to go there, next place am gonna live is argentina or Brazil tongue
Re: Nigerians In Argentina And Other Unusual Places by SEGUN2003(m): 10:20pm On Nov 28, 2006
iice , feel free to come down to Brazil whenever you want. i have been living here for some years now and I can tell you, Brazil is a fantastic country to live in. In live here in Paraiba, on the NE coast of Brazil. You will it here if you choose to come, byt you´ll have to learn Portuguse.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Argentina And Other Unusual Places by iice(f): 3:01pm On Nov 29, 2006
Very cool yeah one of these days i will just disappear from where i am and appear in Brazil lol. Don't worry i can pick up any language so long as i have an interest in it wink
Re: Nigerians In Argentina And Other Unusual Places by alarinjo(m): 1:24am On Nov 30, 2006
@Juskemi

Great to finally find someone who actually lived in Argentina! I guess my friend from Argentina was actually right, there are few blacks in Argentina. So tell us, Juskemi, what was it like living in Argentina? What are the race relations like over there?

@Segun 2003. I actually plan to visit Brazil next summer. We should probably chat more. What part of Brazil are u?
Re: Nigerians In Argentina And Other Unusual Places by gaby(m): 5:38pm On Nov 30, 2006
As for me i've been to Kabul Afghanistan during the Taliban days ,
Re: Nigerians In Argentina And Other Unusual Places by SEGUN2003(m): 9:25pm On Nov 30, 2006
alarinjo,
I think you are going to like it a lot here. I live in the North-East of Brazil, near a city called Recife. It is one of the biggest city in Brazil. The name of this city is Joao Pessoa, It is a small city, very green, nice and cool. I think you should visit a city in the NE. You will definetely love it.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Argentina And Other Unusual Places by ugodaniel(m): 2:02pm On Dec 04, 2006
You see traveling is such fun. I've been to Lebanon, Israel, Oman, and presently in Cyprus. Nigerians are all over these places. I was even shocked to see about 3 naija brothers playing for the Cyprus National Football Team. No wonder they said we're the happiest people on earth.
Re: Nigerians In Argentina And Other Unusual Places by hbrednic: 12:38am On May 22, 2007
cool shocked angry grin tongue
Re: Nigerians In Argentina And Other Unusual Places by dejia(m): 7:21pm On May 22, 2007
Who says we dont have Nigerians in Afghanistan or North korea? My Brother has a close friend there, One of my neigbours was once in North Korea before she ran back .

Nigerians are everywhere, i went to a town in china its called Hangzhou, for my 1st 4 days i didnt see any black on the 5th day, i was working then a chinese shout look, look at your brother, i was so happy to see the black guy, infact we hugged each other he told me he was from Congo, i asked him he said he has alot of Nigerian friends in the schl. 2days after i met 3 other Nigerians, i doubt it if there is anywhere without Nigerians.
infact there is hardly a University without a Nigerian!
Re: Nigerians In Argentina And Other Unusual Places by globalaid(m): 6:49am On May 23, 2007
second you brother, but Hangzhou is a big city, Nigeria are even in Mongolia
Re: Nigerians In Argentina And Other Unusual Places by hbrednic: 1:14pm On May 23, 2007
nigerians in haiti,cuba,french and english guayana,quito in ecuador,most of them stranded en route to the u.sa.
Re: Nigerians In Argentina And Other Unusual Places by Tats(m): 2:02am On Jul 30, 2007
globalaid:

second you brother, but Hangzhou is a big city, Nigeria are even in Mongolia

My sister was on a 6-month assignment in Mongolia and she did meet a few Nigerians/blacks over there.
Re: Nigerians In Argentina And Other Unusual Places by KnowAll(m): 12:55pm On Sep 02, 2007
there are nigrians in peckham, i was suprise grin
Re: Nigerians In Argentina And Other Unusual Places by Tats(m): 1:17am On Sep 03, 2007
KnowAll:

there are nigrians in peckham, i was suprise grin

Are you serious? You mean there are Nigerians in Peckham?  grin grin

Just joking!
Re: Nigerians In Argentina And Other Unusual Places by toshmann(m): 9:04am On Sep 04, 2007
can you guys believe that i saw nigerians in lagos? grin grin grin
Re: Nigerians In Argentina And Other Unusual Places by aloib(f): 9:08am On Sep 04, 2007
toshmann:

can you guys believe that i saw nigerians in lagos? grin grin grin

you r crazy, lmaoo
Re: Nigerians In Argentina And Other Unusual Places by omoge(f): 1:41pm On Sep 04, 2007
maybe he meant Laos grin
Re: Nigerians In Argentina And Other Unusual Places by Tats(m): 3:19pm On Sep 04, 2007
Oh, he probably mean Lagos in Portugal. grin
Re: Nigerians In Argentina And Other Unusual Places by ocelot2006(m): 2:07am On Feb 19, 2008
I'm so glad that we Nigerians get to travel far and wide.Like someone said on this thread, we love the adventure, and i must say that we tend to do quite well in these places.Well, i'm currently living in the Uk and it's great up here,`though a bit too cold. But i would really love to visit a country that's more exotic like Malaysia, Australia (the land down under cheesy),even India (i would like to see the Taj Mahal).
Re: Nigerians In Argentina And Other Unusual Places by tjadeba(m): 4:00pm On Feb 22, 2008
this is one of the most interesting threads on this forum.only last week,my boss received a call from a Nigerian in Afghanistan asking him to help him clear a consignment of his from Afghanistan.so i was dumbfounded and asked him what on earth he was doing in that country.but i could remeber when war first broke out in Afghanistan,Nigerian Government sent a mission there to fetch Nigerians that were there and they did come back with a handful of them so also when there was political uprising in Pakistan,Naija government did same thing.
Re: Nigerians In Argentina And Other Unusual Places by darkroll(m): 8:27pm On Feb 22, 2008
The first month i arrived in seychelles , i didnt see any nigerians , i went to the ministry of finance in seychelles to clear some things . to my greatest surprise i saw a Nigerian there working as the director of policy , i was in maldives also , i met 4 nigerian guys playing for the maldivian football team.

the one that shocked me most , was when i travelled to re union island (an island on the indian ocean , but under french goverment ) , i saw a nigerian guy working as a immigration officer at the airport .

forget to mention , i even heared 2face song (African queen ) in the maldives at a super market
My naija people , una dey waka, am proud of you all

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Argentina And Other Unusual Places by holythug(m): 8:31pm On Feb 22, 2008
dats it oh my broda 9ja 4 life
even in venezuela, was suprised to find em their

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Much Is Enough To Live In Oshogbo / Nairaland Blogger Factboyz Visits Arochukwu For Architecture Research (pics) / 6 Nigerian-Owned Guest Houses Burnt In South Africa - Nigerian Union

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.