Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,033 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:46 AM

Soldiers Harass Civilians For Putting On Camouflage - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Soldiers Harass Civilians For Putting On Camouflage (30825 Views)

Video Shows Nigerian Army And Civilians Fleeing Boko Haram Attack / 5 Real Life Soldiers Who Make Rambo Look Like A Sissy / What Is/are The Citeria(s) For Putting Threads On The Front Page? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soldiers Harass Civilians For Putting On Camouflage by Nobody: 1:38pm On Nov 18, 2013
sighs heavily angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Soldiers Harass Civilians For Putting On Camouflage by ayodeji752: 1:39pm On Nov 18, 2013
They are just trying to save ur life. Go and wear military uniform and walk in d street of maiduguri or yobe so dat bokoharam boys can salute u

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Harass Civilians For Putting On Camouflage by cycline404(m): 1:39pm On Nov 18, 2013
Lucky you!
Better go for a powerful thanksgiving from Body Pains
Wo! Panadol Extra for no work for you!

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Harass Civilians For Putting On Camouflage by yousee(m): 1:39pm On Nov 18, 2013
akereconfi:
Thank Your God say u no pick pin or frog jump. You dey nigeria dey talk about Human right when you wear CAMOU........................ wear am pass army barracks with your Lawyer next time.

That lawyer go quote the whole Nigerian Constitution while doing frog jump

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Harass Civilians For Putting On Camouflage by Nobody: 1:41pm On Nov 18, 2013
It's for ur gud, so dat u'll not be mistaken by Arm robbers, terrorist etc during chaos since u lack d intriques 2 defend urself as a soldier! If u so much like d uniform, why don't u enroll? I can help u out u knwwink
Re: Soldiers Harass Civilians For Putting On Camouflage by Odunharry(m): 1:42pm On Nov 18, 2013
Thank God say he no carry u go barracks or call other soldiers
Re: Soldiers Harass Civilians For Putting On Camouflage by adexsimply(m): 1:42pm On Nov 18, 2013
Instead of going to church for thanksgivings, you're here ranting? undecided undecided
Re: Soldiers Harass Civilians For Putting On Camouflage by BYSilver(m): 1:42pm On Nov 18, 2013
am sorry op you cannot claim violation of ur human right as contained under chapter 4 section 34 of the 1999 constitution as ur act was a violation of section 109 and 110 of the criminal code.see the section below

109.        Any person who, not being a person serving in the armed forces of Nigeria nor a member of the police forces, and with intent that he may be taken to be such a person or member as aforesaid-

(a)             wears any part of the uniform of, or

(b)            wears any garb resembling any part of the uniform of, a person serving in the armed forces of Nigeria, or a member of the police forces,

is guilty of a misdemeanour and is liable to imprisonment for one year.

110.         Any person who- Unlawfully wearing the uniform of forces, etc. L.N. 112 of 1964. 1967 No. 27.

(1)            not being a person serving in any of the armed forces of Nigeria, wears the uniform or any part of the uniform of such forces, or any the armed dress having the appearance or bearing any of the regimental or other distinctive marks of such uniforms; or

(2)            not being a person holding any office or authority under the Government of Nigeria or of any part thereof, wears any uniform or distinctive badge or mark or carries any token calculated to convey the impression that such person holds any office or authority under the government;

is guilty of an offence and is liable to imprisonment for one month, or to a fine of ten naira, unless he proves that he had the permission of the President or of the Governor of a State or wear such uniform or dress, badge or mark or to carry such token:

Provided that this section shall not apply to the wearing of any uniform or dress in the course of a stage play or in any bona fide public entertainment.

Finally since he didn't apply any force on you your case is slim..better luck next time.

8 Likes

Re: Soldiers Harass Civilians For Putting On Camouflage by tigonana: 1:42pm On Nov 18, 2013
Ikoja aye,y na yesterday u enter niger wey u D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣ put on their uniform,tank ur head say he no carry u enter barrack na dat tyme u go no wettin D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣ hppen.
Re: Soldiers Harass Civilians For Putting On Camouflage by Coefficient(m): 1:43pm On Nov 18, 2013
Guy, you lucky oh.
No be you come dey lament for here so?
If to say dem tell u make you plant head abi do frog jump, na hospital you for dey now. Don't feign ignorance, you and I know these guys don't joke with things like this especially as they get to assert their authority with full force.
Re: Soldiers Harass Civilians For Putting On Camouflage by kingthreat(m): 1:43pm On Nov 18, 2013
You're lucky they no give you better beating. This is Naija. That's one of the unwritten laws. You can sue the soldier to court if you wish.
Re: Soldiers Harass Civilians For Putting On Camouflage by Burger01(m): 1:45pm On Nov 18, 2013
JJC.. Smh. You new for this Naija?

Next story please..

angry
Re: Soldiers Harass Civilians For Putting On Camouflage by Nobody: 1:45pm On Nov 18, 2013
grin grin grin grin
Re: Soldiers Harass Civilians For Putting On Camouflage by moscobabs(m): 1:46pm On Nov 18, 2013
@Op where is the Picture..lol!!The same thing hapun to me last year in ibadan,I did not wear the Carmo but they saw it in my bag when they were searching my bag in Odogbo barrack Ojoo.The L/couple wanted to slap me.thank God my daddy is a rtd Col.I quickly show him my gate pass and he smile but warned me not to wear it.
Re: Soldiers Harass Civilians For Putting On Camouflage by AroOkigbo(m): 1:47pm On Nov 18, 2013
wheesin: It is a clear violation of my rights.. I have d rights to put on any cloth i buy... So fvck off
Is that truely what you told the military boy?? I doubt it. lol
Re: Soldiers Harass Civilians For Putting On Camouflage by Dahslim(m): 1:47pm On Nov 18, 2013
Some armed robbers use d uniform to attack travellers on the road, so y wearing it wen u dint work 4 it?
Re: Soldiers Harass Civilians For Putting On Camouflage by WildChild00(m): 1:48pm On Nov 18, 2013
You are even lucky that it was not a combined team that caught you.... grin grin grin

Re: Soldiers Harass Civilians For Putting On Camouflage by yousee(m): 1:49pm On Nov 18, 2013
idupaul: Do people even know the meaning of the word camoflage .. Even black when used in the dark becomes a camoflage .. And for Jungle issue camoflage every Army has their signature camo pattern and the OPs right has clearly been violated if he wasn't wearing the official issue of the Nigerian army and especially if was wearing a fashion print version tailored in a way that does not bear any semblance to gear designed for combat role .

Plenty grammar!

Before you'd even say "do you peo..." Guy na stars you go begin see

Leave the military outfits (or any semblance of it) for them please!
Don't tell me you haven't heard of cases where people commit heinous crimes dressed in these garbs. Even those with "army" stickers on their cars violate traffic laws...yet are civilians!
Re: Soldiers Harass Civilians For Putting On Camouflage by jayboy45: 1:49pm On Nov 18, 2013
cheesy grin
austinoeze: u ma sef... y u no wear police uniform?
Re: Soldiers Harass Civilians For Putting On Camouflage by ycmdng(m): 1:50pm On Nov 18, 2013
wheesin: Its a shame that soldiers respect no one just because of a uniform

Are you claiming that camouflage is our traditional attire or ceremonial dress. In as much you re a civilian, military rule forbids it. In fact its meant for the jungle.
Re: Soldiers Harass Civilians For Putting On Camouflage by MrAboki: 1:50pm On Nov 18, 2013
Freiburger:
I think the law has been there for long.

No such Law exists in Nigeria..

What those Soldiers did was illegal.. The OP should have stood his grounds & demanded a formal proceeding.

No Sir, I will not strip.. Arrest me if you please

Search for a Police officer around and demand that you be arrested for wearing a camouflaged shorts and have them charge you to court..
Re: Soldiers Harass Civilians For Putting On Camouflage by akereconfi: 1:51pm On Nov 18, 2013
Rick9:
* Walk in see this, shocks * * Clears[b] Troath and Scream and Pass out then Wake up * Bros Oh Weti i do u. Ahahahahahaah see who dey call Army men Illiterate choi. After all na dem go be first to say Patience Jonathan no sabi speak English. Na wah oh , [/b]

He without SIN should cast the first STONE

throat not TROATH
Re: Soldiers Harass Civilians For Putting On Camouflage by hardbody: 1:53pm On Nov 18, 2013
wheesin: Wat about celebrities dat put on camouflage aren't they civilians anymore... Just because I was not a celebrity undecided

Did you say you were not a celebrity? You are not one, you never was and probably never will be, except you succeed in large scale armed robbery.

In the meantime, it is in your best interest to avoid trouble. They were lenient if all they did was take the stuff off you, next time, you may not be that lucky. I hope you understand what i mean. To get a full meaning of 'police is your friend', let a military man slap you with vex, you will clearly understand the difference between thunder and lightning. You have been warned.
Re: Soldiers Harass Civilians For Putting On Camouflage by hardbody: 1:55pm On Nov 18, 2013
yousee:

That lawyer go quote the whole Nigerian Constitution while doing frog jump

You dey mad, na lawyer wear am?

We will sue the whole of teh armed forces (army, police, navy, oga at the top, ) everybody go begin come court come answer question. You wan try us
Re: Soldiers Harass Civilians For Putting On Camouflage by WildChild00(m): 1:55pm On Nov 18, 2013
yousee:

Plenty grammar!

Before you'd even say "do you peo..." Guy na stars you go begin see

Leave the military outfits (or any semblance of it) for them please!
Don't tell me you haven't heard of cases where people commit heinous crimes dressed in these garbs. Even those with "army" stickers on their cars violate traffic laws...yet are civilians!

Nor mind am, with blood join the come out from he nose self....
Re: Soldiers Harass Civilians For Putting On Camouflage by tayoxx(m): 1:55pm On Nov 18, 2013
Nicco-C:
since they didn't make u do frog-jump for 2hours you should count yourself lucky. next tym u'll use ur head.

bloody civilian
no mind am...instead of make e day happy say the soldier wey catch am 9ce..e adigun well well nai make e no deal with u..u for do frog jump from Lagos to ibadan
Re: Soldiers Harass Civilians For Putting On Camouflage by akereconfi: 1:58pm On Nov 18, 2013
hardbody:

You dey mad, na lawyer wear am?

We will sue the whole of teh armed forces (army, police, navy, oga at the top, ) everybody go begin come court come answer question. You wan try us

try am naa
Re: Soldiers Harass Civilians For Putting On Camouflage by nnocurruption: 1:59pm On Nov 18, 2013
BY Silver: am sorry op you cannot claim violation of ur human right as contained under chapter 4 section 34 of the 1999 constitution as ur act was a violation of section 109 and 110 of the criminal code.see the section below

109.        Any person who, not being a person serving in the armed forces of Nigeria nor a member of the police forces, and with intent that he may be taken to be such a person or member as aforesaid-

(a)             wears any part of the uniform of, or

(b)            wears any garb resembling any part of the uniform of, a person serving in the armed forces of Nigeria, or a member of the police forces,

is guilty of a misdemeanour and is liable to imprisonment for one year.

110.         Any person who- Unlawfully wearing the uniform of forces, etc. L.N. 112 of 1964. 1967 No. 27.

(1)            not being a person serving in any of the armed forces of Nigeria, wears the uniform or any part of the uniform of such forces, or any the armed dress having the appearance or bearing any of the regimental or other distinctive marks of such uniforms; or

(2)            not being a person holding any office or authority under the Government of Nigeria or of any part thereof, wears any uniform or distinctive badge or mark or carries any token calculated to convey the impression that such person holds any office or authority under the government;

is guilty of an offence and is liable to imprisonment for one month, or to a fine of ten naira, unless he proves that he had the permission of the President or of the Governor of a State or wear such uniform or dress, badge or mark or to carry such token:

Provided that this section shall not apply to the wearing of any uniform or dress in the course of a stage play or in any bona fide public entertainment.

Finally since he didn't apply any force on you your case is slim..better luck next time.
story when e reach civilian everybody go de quote constitution Nigerian law nor de function
all the looting when de go on for 9inja wetin the law don do ? GUY PARK WELL OH
Next time when you see your state governor or GEJ go quote section 8 under section 10000000 verse 19 for am.

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Harass Civilians For Putting On Camouflage by Sermwell(m): 2:00pm On Nov 18, 2013
As for me, wearing army camo comes with the presumption that one wants to inpersonate! If not, why were you not found wearing custom,immigration or even police uniform? Why army?
Re: Soldiers Harass Civilians For Putting On Camouflage by hardbody: 2:00pm On Nov 18, 2013
Mr Aboki:

No such Law exists in Nigeria..

What those Soldiers did was illegal.. The OP should have stood his grounds & demanded a formal proceeding.

No Sir, I will not strip.. Arrest me if you please

Search for a Police officer around and demand that you be arrested for wearing a camouflaged shorts and have them charge you to court..

We know that your people always love committing suicide either alone or killing people en masse using bombs etc.
But why would you indoctrinate this small boy to try and kill himself? His dead body may never be found.

Oya pikin, go and remove any other camo in your house and stay far away from it, it can endanger your life permanently

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Harass Civilians For Putting On Camouflage by psucc(m): 2:01pm On Nov 18, 2013
@ OP pls not that your right is only guaranteed to the extent allowed by the state.
Camouflage is customized and regulated cloth used only under authorization.
Re: Soldiers Harass Civilians For Putting On Camouflage by wheesin(m): 2:02pm On Nov 18, 2013
Coefficient: Guy, you lucky oh.
No be you come dey lament for here so?
If to say dem tell u make you plant head abi do frog jump, na hospital you for dey now. Don't feign ignorance, you and I know these guys don't joke with things like this especially as they get to assert their authority with full force.

What about celebrities .. angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Okada Man Backing A Baby In Ibadan / I Have Been Bitten By Scorpion, Involved In Multiple Accidents - Lady Lawyer / Fake OPEC Scholarship: Police Special Fraud Unit Arrest Internet Fraudsters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.