Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,960 members, 7,806,779 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:46 PM

Soldiers Are Terrorising Citizens In Agbor, Delta State. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soldiers Are Terrorising Citizens In Agbor, Delta State. (13072 Views)

Nigerian Soldiers Are Preparing For The Easter Season In The North. PICS / Our Soldiers Are Not Like Nigerians, They Don't Run - Niger's Defence Ministry / Buhari Organization Backs Mutiny; Soldiers Are Free To Protest - Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soldiers Are Terrorising Citizens In Agbor, Delta State. by windows8: 9:23pm On Nov 13, 2013
Some time ago, Senator Ifeanyi Okowa(Representing Delta North) Father was kidnapped and mayhem was released in the town, Army was all over the place, instead of finding the kidnapped man, the innocents passers by were always harassed, The father has been seen but the army personnel have refused to go, The army in Agbor are destroying lives everyday and have no sympathy for innocent citizens in the town, parents are been made to lie flat on the floor just because he/she is driving to church for night programme, some of the okada riders are in hospital cause the army chase them recklessly, A guy just broke his leg some few hours ago, they forcefully stopped him by flogging him. This army and Police are ripping us in the town, They forcefully take the bikes and send them to the police station and owners will pay (20) twenty thousand for the bike to be released. an estimate of fifteen (15) bikes daily, i will like to know which account that money is going to. There is no curfew in the town and yet movement is restricted, no night life anymore, The Dien, Obi, Elders and chiefs are mute over the whole incidence, they cant even come together to tackle minor issues. This message is not meant to discredit anyone or party, its meant to inform every Ika citizen of the activities of army in the town. Please we want our lives back. Cities where kidnapping is being practice often, you wont find army brutalization. We are loving people and we love each other, The police is capable of handling any issues that may arise.
Mods abeg front page cause my people in and out needs to know whats its happening

3 Likes

Re: Soldiers Are Terrorising Citizens In Agbor, Delta State. by ifyalways(f): 9:30pm On Nov 13, 2013
Its a shame your local leaders (obi,dien,village chiefs) cannot speak out against this alleged oppression.

Stay safe.

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Are Terrorising Citizens In Agbor, Delta State. by windows8: 9:34pm On Nov 13, 2013
ifyalways: Its a shame your local leaders (obi,dien,village chiefs) cannot speak out against this alleged oppression.

Stay safe.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Are Terrorising Citizens In Agbor, Delta State. by 5columnist: 9:36pm On Nov 13, 2013
Are you a kidnapper? Why are you complaining? So the leaders should complain so that the army will go and you will start your ungodly business of kidnapping defenceless citizens.

7 Likes

Re: Soldiers Are Terrorising Citizens In Agbor, Delta State. by Sealeddeal(m): 9:37pm On Nov 13, 2013
Nigerian military is quite a terror to any area where they are deployed. They hate civillians so much that sometimes you start to wonder if they are actually protecting the civillian as they will always claim.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Are Terrorising Citizens In Agbor, Delta State. by windows8: 9:44pm On Nov 13, 2013
5columnist: Are you a kidnapper? Why are you complaining? So the leaders should complain so that the army will go and you will start your ungodly business of kidnapping defenceless citizens.
I know i will see a post like this, i don't blame you, some of you just open your mouth to spill trash without being logical, the leaders need to dialogue with them and may be tell them to more friendly with the people, if you were to be affected by any army personnel, you will even write more than i did.

9 Likes

Re: Soldiers Are Terrorising Citizens In Agbor, Delta State. by Nobody: 9:48pm On Nov 13, 2013
Time will tell.. .

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Are Terrorising Citizens In Agbor, Delta State. by atlwireles: 9:54pm On Nov 13, 2013
windows8: Some time ago, Senator Ifeanyi Okowa(Representing Delta North) Father was kidnapped and mayhem was released in the town, Army was all over the place, instead of finding the kidnapped man, the innocents passers by were always harassed, The father has been seen but the army personnel have refused to go, The army in Agbor are destroying lives everyday and have no sympathy for innocent citizens in the town, parents are been made to lie flat on the floor just because he/she is driving to church for night programme, some of the okada riders are in hospital cause the army chase them recklessly, A guy just broke his leg some few hours ago, they forcefully stopped him by flogging him. This army and Police are ripping us in the town, They forcefully take the bikes and send them to the police station and owners will pay (20) twenty thousand for the bike to be released. an estimate of fifteen (15) bikes daily, i will like to know which account that money is going to. There is no curfew in the town and yet movement is restricted, no night life anymore, The Dien, Obi, Elders and chiefs are mute over the whole incidence, they cant even come together to tackle minor issues. This message is not meant to discredit anyone or party, its meant to inform every Ika citizen of the activities of army in the town. Please we want our lives back. Cities where kidnapping is being practice often, you wont find army brutalization. We are loving people and we love each other, The police is capable of handling any issues that may arise.
Mods abeg front page cause my people in and out needs to know whats its happening

Your complains are useless. The same army is all over the state. Unless, you are one of the criminal gangs in the state hold your peace. I want to see more army cross the state not less. The sense of safety across the state today is because of the army and the many police patrols.

4 Likes

Re: Soldiers Are Terrorising Citizens In Agbor, Delta State. by gboso1ne(m): 9:57pm On Nov 13, 2013
No fear
Re: Soldiers Are Terrorising Citizens In Agbor, Delta State. by windows8: 10:05pm On Nov 13, 2013
atlwireles:

Your complains are useless. The same army is all over the state. Unless, you are one of the criminal gangs in the state hold your peace. I want to see more army cross the state not less. The sense of safety across the state today is because of the army and the many police patrols.
I make some complains on behalf of affected persons and you accuse me of being a kidnapper, i don't want to trade words with you cause it wont change your negative perception, i just pray you experienced the treatment from them physically, then you will thank me later

14 Likes

Re: Soldiers Are Terrorising Citizens In Agbor, Delta State. by Gboliwe: 10:10pm On Nov 13, 2013
5columnist: Are you a kidnapper? Why are you complaining? So the leaders should complain so that the army will go and you will start your ungodly business of kidnapping defenceless citizens.
that is harsh. I was in Sapele on sunday, as a visitor, I was surprised at the influx of Army. I asked my host what was going on, she said the same thing the OP is complaining about. The army is flexing in Delta state, they should be sent to Bornu

5 Likes

Re: Soldiers Are Terrorising Citizens In Agbor, Delta State. by redsun(m): 10:16pm On Nov 13, 2013
Same senator that is oppressing them will be voted in nest time after he shares bags of rice and palm oil to the same suffering citizens.

Why not kick the hell out of him by voting him out, ostracizing him from the town and making him an outsider in his land?Our people use to deal with villains by ostracizing them form the communities and deny them of all contact with abiding citizens.But now,villains are honoured in the name of democrazy-vagabonds in power.

8 Likes

Re: Soldiers Are Terrorising Citizens In Agbor, Delta State. by windows8: 10:27pm On Nov 13, 2013
redsun: Same senator that is oppressing them will be voted in nest time after he shares bags of rice and palm oil to the same suffering citizens.

Why not kick the hell out of him by voting him out, ostracizing him from the town and making him an outsider in his land?Our people use to deal with villains by ostracizing them form the communities and deny them of all contact with abiding citizens.But now,villains are honoured in the name of democrazy-vagabonds in power.
Bro, you have really spoken well. The rate at which the people is deceived is alarming. poverty, greed, selfish interest has taken the lives of the people, one thing is for sure, no matter how hard we try, we can never have a free and fair election in Nigeria. Watch out for this weekend Election in Anambra State.

3 Likes

Re: Soldiers Are Terrorising Citizens In Agbor, Delta State. by Acidosis(m): 10:30pm On Nov 13, 2013
Soldiers are everywhere in Delta state..

Warri, Agbor, Sapele, (Asaba is fair and peaceful).

You and I know, a place like Agbor or Warri without the Military men is risky to live in.

Its obvious the way you people build your houses with "Chains, bars, and very thick iron rods"... like say una dey live with devil himself

So bro, u gotta endure..

Meanwhile I will never forget the day one barbaric gang malhandled my friend in Warri...
The guy was mercilessly beaten for doing nothing.

I'll never forget the day, a thief nearly chop off my friend's left arm because of wristwatch in Warri.. The trace is still evident till date.

I'll never forget the day, a guy pointed a gun at my forehead at about 7pm in my room because of ordinary Laptop.

I'll never forget the day, a group of guys killed a Police officer along express road, Abraka..

I'll never forget the day a group of cultist killed an innocent guy in a compound I lodged on my visit to a town in Delta st.

I'll never forget the night of terror in Campus 2, when a group of armed men raid the entire Abraka town for over 3hrs, banks were robbed, ATMs destroyed.. Bullets on the streets..

These are just few out of the many incidence I witnessed within a close period.
and even your no1 MOG in Delta - Oritshejafor can testify, he was once a street rogue and cultist..
I'm sure he killed/or stole too

Infact, I would recommend more security men to help caution the level of arrogance in that place..

Like seriously, don't you people travel out to other states to witness the unending peace?

8 Likes

Re: Soldiers Are Terrorising Citizens In Agbor, Delta State. by Acidosis(m): 10:35pm On Nov 13, 2013
Gboliwe:
that is harsh. I was in Sapele on sunday, as a visitor, I was surprised at the influx of Army. I asked my host what was going on, she said the same thing the OP is complaining about. The army is flexing in Delta state, they should be sent to Bornu

Lol

A friend called me some weeks back and I heard sounds of gunshots..
I quickly asked if it was a scene in a movie/game or something... and he laughed...
As in, the dwellers have adapted to sporadic shots of criminals and thugs..

Sapele needs more Military men.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Are Terrorising Citizens In Agbor, Delta State. by redsun(m): 10:37pm On Nov 13, 2013
windows8: Bro, you have really spoken well. The rate at which the people is deceived is alarming. poverty, greed, selfish interest has taken the lives of the people, one thing is for sure, no matter how hard we try, we can never have a free and fair election in Nigeria. Watch out for this weekend Election in Anambra State.

Nigeria is sick from the grassroot.The elders have lost their wisdom and reverence.

3 Likes

Re: Soldiers Are Terrorising Citizens In Agbor, Delta State. by Garrithe1st: 11:08pm On Nov 13, 2013
Same thing is happening in the North...... Enjoy ur beastly guests for now.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Are Terrorising Citizens In Agbor, Delta State. by atlwireles: 11:34pm On Nov 13, 2013
windows8: I make some complains on behalf of affected persons and you accuse me of being a kidnapper, i don't want to trade words with you cause it wont change your negative perception, i just pray you experienced the treatment from them physically, then you will thank me later

I know what I'm talking about. Do you want the alternative. Where Okada riders and silly cult boys make life hell for everybody with their crimes. Thank the army and stop trying to bad mouth them.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Are Terrorising Citizens In Agbor, Delta State. by atlwireles: 11:42pm On Nov 13, 2013
windows8: Bro, you have really spoken well. The rate at which the people is deceived is alarming. poverty, greed, selfish interest has taken the lives of the people, one thing is for sure, no matter how hard we try, we can never have a free and fair election in Nigeria. Watch out for this weekend Election in Anambra State.

I thought you were complaining about the army are you just another political mad man or what. What do want the security forces to do, when some of your young men decide to become criminals just for fun of it. The kind of harassment you get from boys in Ughelli, Patani, Oleh Agbor is simply ridiculous. Blame your bad social values and leave the army alone. Warri is calm today because of the army and police. Look at Kokori, where an entire town allowed a thug like Kelvin to become lordmayor.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Are Terrorising Citizens In Agbor, Delta State. by bloggernaija: 11:44pm On Nov 13, 2013
Garri the 1st: Same thing is happening in the North...... Enjoy ur beastly guests for now.

Dem Neva see anything.
For those who can strategically look into the future.
You can be sure of one thing

It does not matter whether it is lamido , ,sambo or any of the so called pro jonathan abokis in the PDP who becomes a future president,

ABOKI NO DEY FORGIVE OR FORGET

THE NIGERIAN ARMY IS COMING TO DANCE IN THE NIGER DELTA .
MOST ESPECIALLY IN LAWLESS BAYELSA.
Re: Soldiers Are Terrorising Citizens In Agbor, Delta State. by windows8: 11:47pm On Nov 13, 2013
atlwireles:

I know what I'm talking about. Do you want the alternative. Where Okada riders and silly cult boys make life hell for everybody with their crimes. Thank the army and stop trying to bad mouth them.
I will never support crime, am only concerned about innocent persons being harassed everyday, am also concerned about how they and the police are ripping people off their hard earned money. Its obvious that you are one of them
Re: Soldiers Are Terrorising Citizens In Agbor, Delta State. by atlwireles: 11:53pm On Nov 13, 2013
windows8: I will never support crime, am only concerned about innocent persons being harassed everyday, am also concerned about how they and the police are ripping people off their hard earned money. Its obvious that you are one of them

One of them like being a deltan, terrorized by unruly youths and out of control young men yes. I am very shocked, I am hearing a person from delta complain about army on the streets. Mostly a person from the northern senatorial zone. Where the fear of kidnapping, rape, robbery was the beginning of wisdom, before the army and DSS got things under control. angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Soldiers Are Terrorising Citizens In Agbor, Delta State. by windows8: 12:06am On Nov 14, 2013
atlwireles:

I thought you were complaining about the army are you just another political mad man or what. What do want the security forces to do, when some of your young men decide to become criminals just for fun of it. The kind of harassment you get from boys in Ughelli, Patani, Oleh Agbor is simply ridiculous. Blame your bad social values and leave the army alone. Warri is calm today because of the army and police. Look at Kokori, where an entire town allowed a thug like Kelvin to become lordmayor.
I digressed and quoted him cause he seems to know what is affecting my community, MOST of this boys did not decide to become criminals, the government I don't care attitude has push many to the walls.(mind u, am not supporting them too, I still feel they should work hard and shun those vices) security forces should patrol as long as they like,they should also seek the hideouts of this persons, my only concern is the innocent persons, we should not be treated badly, we have a right to life and movement, the bad persons are the corrupt politicians who continue to make life unbearable for us. On your question if I was a political mad man, No am not, Are you?
Re: Soldiers Are Terrorising Citizens In Agbor, Delta State. by windows8: 12:18am On Nov 14, 2013
atlwireles:

One of them like being a deltan, terrorized by unruly youths and out of control young men yes. I am very shocked, I am hearing a person from delta complain about army on the streets. Mostly a person from the northern senatorial zone. Where the fear of kidnapping, rape, robbery was the beginning of wisdom, before the army and DSS got things under control. angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
What do you mean by control? they continue to make gains in cash and inflict pains to the people. I feel sad for people affected by kidnap, rape and robbery, but there is huge pain in me when those that committed they act are somewhere else and the innocent passers by are attacked. If you were to be a lay man and experienced it first hand, only you can explain the event.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Are Terrorising Citizens In Agbor, Delta State. by atlwireles: 12:40am On Nov 14, 2013
windows8: I digressed and quoted him cause he seems to know what is affecting my community, MOST of this boys did not decide to become criminals, the government I don't care attitude has push many to the walls.(mind u, am not supporting them too, I still feel they should work hard and shun those vices) security forces should patrol as long as they like,they should also seek the hideouts of this persons, my only concern is the innocent persons, we should not be treated badly, we have a right to life and movement, the bad persons are the corrupt politicians who continue to make life unbearable for us. On your question if I was a political mad man, No am not, Are you?

The problem in delta today or Nigeria in general is the absence of values. Families have allowed their children to become things, I never thought was possible in delta. The innocent suffer because people refuse to flush out the criminals, then everybody is treated like a criminal. Kokori is a clear example, where the whole town is getting punished because certain elements kept quite and were feeding fat as Kelvin made other people lives in delta miserable. I only asked, if you were making this a political issue based on your comment to redsun. I am not political either. As a deltan you know our daily reality with crime, I think the army deserve praise not scorn.
Re: Soldiers Are Terrorising Citizens In Agbor, Delta State. by Nobody: 12:46am On Nov 14, 2013
OP, u want army to leave so that u can resume ur kidnapping business abi?
i hope d soldiers catch u and deal with u seriousness.
na only una soldier dey always harass. why dey no dey harass me, my family or friends?

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Are Terrorising Citizens In Agbor, Delta State. by windows8: 12:52am On Nov 14, 2013
atlwireles:

The problem in delta today or Nigeria in general is the absence of values. Families have allowed their children to become things, I never thought was possible in delta. [b]The innocent suffer because people refuse to flush out the criminals[/b], then everybody is treated like a criminal. Kokori is a clear example, where the whole town is getting punished because certain elements kept quite and were feeding fat as Kelvin made other people lives in delta miserable. I only asked, if you were making this a political issue based on your comment to redsun. I am not political either. As a deltan you know our daily reality with crime, I think the army deserve praise not scorn.
I will never praise them unless they change their modus operandi, its just too tough on the masses down here.
Re: Soldiers Are Terrorising Citizens In Agbor, Delta State. by windows8: 12:55am On Nov 14, 2013
careytommy: OP, u want army to leave so that u can resume ur kidnapping business abi?
i hope d soldiers catch u and deal with u seriousness.
na only una soldier dey always harass. why dey no dey harass me, my family or friends?
they wont cause una dey live for that hole, under that tree in that tick village of yours. oyen wobi
Re: Soldiers Are Terrorising Citizens In Agbor, Delta State. by Garrithe1st: 4:30am On Nov 14, 2013
The day you see a man older than your father being flogged and made to do "frog-jump" by soldiers younger than the last kid in your family is when you'll understand that having soldiers deployed to your community is BAD NEWS!!

OP Just bear with your "Uniformed Beasts", crying won't help you. If the fools you call your leaders cannot protect you then you must accept your fate in the hands of the soldiers...

3 Likes

Re: Soldiers Are Terrorising Citizens In Agbor, Delta State. by nofij(m): 6:31am On Nov 14, 2013
While i dont really support the modus operandi of the Nigerian Army, i think they have brought relative paece to Delta state as a whole. Before now, the rate of kidnapping in agbor kept on increasing while molestation and robbery in my school (ABRAKA) was on another level. Students of Delsu can testify to this fact.
I really think the earlier we started adapting to the army in our environ, the better for us.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Are Terrorising Citizens In Agbor, Delta State. by don33310(m): 6:32am On Nov 14, 2013
I don't get it,army doing job of a police officers.Why?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ifeanyi Ubah Officially Declares To Run For Senate In 2019 / 100 Days After, Governor Douye Diri Yet To Form Cabinet / Vandalism On Transmission Tower In Ikot Ekpene Causes Blackout

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.