Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,448 members, 7,808,602 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:06 PM

Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student (22122 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student by Nobody: 6:45pm On Nov 14, 2013
LadyH: y did u believe dat? based on what?
Lemme answer it for him.. Through the believe of Nastism angry

1 Like

Re: Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student by Adflex1(m): 6:48pm On Nov 14, 2013
Nastydroid: i still believe it tho......that i can get electricity via thunder using a lightning conductor,i been wan try am but faraday story dy always push me off.

Lolz Faraday electrical story tire me,. Jez wait when is lightening Extensively try ur practical grin

1 Like

Re: Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student by Hendrixtzee(m): 6:48pm On Nov 14, 2013
sekzy99: @op, ar u sayin wen u tried mixin h20 u d nt get water?
naahh dts nt it bro.. You'd get it, buh being eager I thought abt it in a large scale... Like bottling companies n all dt

1 Like

Re: Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student by Lachynos2k2(m): 6:49pm On Nov 14, 2013
Phder: When I was in SS1, I mistakenly drank an acid during quantitative analysis experiment, before that day, I used to believe acid is really sour in taste.

--------------------------------
Don't ask me the taste, because my sense of taste wasn't functioning during the incident.
I hope u drank base to neutralize it.?

1 Like

Re: Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student by Hendrixtzee(m): 6:51pm On Nov 14, 2013
shits_happen: Teleportation, that matter can dematerialise( break into simple units) and reassemble elsewhere, is a very weird concept. Imagine I can appear where Mukina is right now and give him a dirty slap. lol
Levitation also, particle physics is a big cock and bull story
I've watched documentaries abt dt. scientifically there may be grounds for dt in d future #serxly, science is summtn else#

1 Like

Re: Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student by Nobody: 6:55pm On Nov 14, 2013
Lachynos2k2: I hope u drank base to neutralize it.?
#wicked!!! So that it can form salt and water inside his stomach abi?? grin As a good science student, I'll enjoin him to drink lotta water to subdue the effect tongue

1 Like

Re: Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student by Hendrixtzee(m): 6:55pm On Nov 14, 2013
ACM10:

I can feel that science is not your strong suite. However I will give you a benefit of doubt since you are in JSS3 at the time. The reaction that gives rise to water was clear in my head when I was in JSS3. I equally learnt that commercial/public water are made available through water purification process. I also knew at that stage that combination of hydrogen gas with oxygen gas will lead to an explosion. I knew all these facts while I was in JSS3.
okay maybe ur Teachers were Einstein, Faraday, Newton n all KUDOS.... I ws jst being anxious, it's a normal juvenile stf. *Get it?*

1 Like

Re: Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student by SupaJoe(m): 6:56pm On Nov 14, 2013
I saw hw 2 construct a simple frequency radio in an intro tech textbook JSS3...after all my connections wen ever I on d key,d magnetic speaker keeps making noise.I tot I had constructed a radio....I keep buying batteries all d time untill I became fed up with d bunch of wire connections.it was fun den sha

1 Like

Re: Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student by Hendrixtzee(m): 6:57pm On Nov 14, 2013
felzylix: SMH! Oop n his like, u guys r xo xo re tar ded
frm me to you, a cherished gift..... Standing ovation of my left middle finger

1 Like

Re: Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student by obayaya(m): 6:57pm On Nov 14, 2013
well I can't think of any from the core sciences.

but only had One very crazy on in computer appreciation.

that emeagwali was the father of the internet.

I was so mad and angry when I googled it right after sec school and didn't find his name anywhere on the list of Ppl that made meaningful contribution to the development of the internet.

I cursed mr osayi.. my computer teacher that day eh for selling us such cheap lie in a mid to motivate and inspire us that we can achieve anything thru hardwork

2 Likes

Re: Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student by LadyH(f): 7:00pm On Nov 14, 2013
Strauskhan1: Lemme answer it for him.. Through the believe of Nastism angry
busy body. allow him. iwanna knw mre bout his magic skills. grin

1 Like

Re: Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student by Nobody: 7:01pm On Nov 14, 2013
Supa_Joe: I saw hw 2 construct a simple frequency radio in an intro tech textbook JSS3...after all my connections wen ever I on d key,d magnetic speaker keeps making noise.I tot I had constructed a radio....I keep buying batteries all d time untill I became fed up with d bunch of wire connections.it was fun den sha
thank God you didnt burn down the house with all your connections all in the name of being a science student grin

1 Like

Re: Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student by charlins20(m): 7:03pm On Nov 14, 2013
Hendrixtzee: I remember so well after an integrated science class in my JSS 3 when we were taught that a combination of hydrogen and oxygen ( ratio 2:1) wlld yield water, I just thought that yeah so water bottling companies get 2 'big" chambers of hydrogen and oxygen gases to mix and then Boooooooooommm!!!!!! We've gt water H2O.
Did y'all av any as eager science students??
no dull ur self o nah bore hole tns.

1 Like

Re: Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student by ZE: 7:03pm On Nov 14, 2013
I was 1st thought that the world is round(like a foot ball). Then i assumed that Ferdinand Magellan who sailed round the world(1519 - 1522) might have slipped out of space at a point.

1 Like

Re: Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student by Nobody: 7:03pm On Nov 14, 2013
LadyH: busy body. allow him. iwanna knw mre bout his magic skills. grin
Sorry, the thing dey boil In me grin

1 Like

Re: Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student by simdam500(m): 7:04pm On Nov 14, 2013
Yeah.... taken a cell from a particular person to actually create a replica... *cant stop imagining such thing*

1 Like

Re: Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student by Ormorlehwah(f): 7:05pm On Nov 14, 2013
Hmmm.... I remember wen soln is added to methene orange which later form fanta juice.
Alxo,remember of the law in physics which states dat 'like charges repel and unlike charges repel'
we dnt bliv in rumours. Which mayb d strick of thunder.
Den,i remember dat my teacher show me an xperiment practically on how the red sea divided into two and later became still.
Great Scientists!!!.

1 Like

Re: Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student by Hendrixtzee(m): 7:05pm On Nov 14, 2013
Chrisx1x: I was taught that we hv step up n step down transformer so i decided 2 step up a ba3 voltage into some tin higher-xperiement failed.d only result i got was an electric shoke that made me 2 abandon d xperient.perhaps i made one or two wrng conection
hahahahahaha..... Hope say u go thanks giving Mr Faraday

1 Like

Re: Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student by Darchangel(m): 7:07pm On Nov 14, 2013
I remember trying to make a robot after seeing the cartoon voltron defender of the universe. After making the robot with zinc I cut the wire of our radio, attached the naked ends to d robot and plugged it while holding unto the robot with the satisfaction and pride of einstein. What happened to me afterwards is best left imagined!!! Anyway I made sure all my friends got the zapping of their lives cos I invited them over to try it out and see my wonderful inventions

2 Likes

Re: Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student by Hendrixtzee(m): 7:08pm On Nov 14, 2013
tj-dj:
SUN RISES IN THE EAST AND SET IN THE WEST.....BULLSHIT, SUN NEVER MOVE, ITS JUST THE EARTH THAT ROTATES WHICH GIVES NIGHT AND DAY.....dont blame my teachers then, how could they explain a rotating earth to a boy anyway
Sure man, you r on point.... Tnx to My geography teacher, Acid Man #na eem nick name oo!#

1 Like

Re: Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student by Hendrixtzee(m): 7:09pm On Nov 14, 2013
john casey: I remember peeing into d bottle for ammonia after i spilled the contents..#ammonia smells like urine y'knw......,.....#picks race#
hahahahaha.... NLanders wnt keee me oooo!!!

1 Like

Re: Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student by quivah(f): 7:11pm On Nov 14, 2013
crackhaus:
Wrong!
Ammonia gas smells like rotten egg
ammonia gas smells like urine...

1 Like

Re: Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student by laykhorn(m): 7:11pm On Nov 14, 2013
Nastydroid: i still believe it tho......that i can get electricity via thunder using a lightning conductor,i been wan try am but faraday story dy always push me off.
this is true!
My HOD did something on this principle. He actually stored Electrostatic energy released from a thunder strike with the help of a... Oppppps! I don forget. But the energy was used in the Engineering Faculty for like 2 days.

1 Like

Re: Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student by Markvelly: 7:13pm On Nov 14, 2013
Go read mor

1 Like

Re: Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student by Nobody: 7:14pm On Nov 14, 2013
ACM10:

I can feel that science is not your strong suite. However I will give you a benefit of doubt since you are in JSS3 at the time. The reaction that gives rise to water was clear in my head when I was in JSS3. I equally learnt that commercial/public water are made available through water purification process. I also knew at that stage that combination of hydrogen gas with oxygen gas will lead to an explosion. I knew all these facts while I was in JSS3.

Okay. We get the drift. You didn't attend a public school like some of us did.

2 Likes

Re: Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student by Hendrixtzee(m): 7:14pm On Nov 14, 2013
crackhaus:
Wrong!
Ammonia gas smells like rotten egg
dude it smells like urine, rotten egg is hydrogen sulphide gas H2S

1 Like

Re: Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student by IAMBREEZY: 7:15pm On Nov 14, 2013
I've done a lot of bad experiments as a bad kid then.

1 Like

Re: Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student by Ormorlehwah(f): 7:17pm On Nov 14, 2013
Chai,lets talk abt WAVE which is any disturbance.
Slogan: No guys no wave.
The boyle's, charles, avogadro , daniel's laws, etc.
Alxo, no matter ow strict the xamination centre mayb,if u wish to do malpractises u make use nf a metal named(****) to cover the expo,and u wont be caugh.

Uncountable tinz.

1 Like

Re: Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student by medinajabbar(f): 7:19pm On Nov 14, 2013
dont pour water into acid it will explode or dont pour acid into water,i dunno but either of it sha will xplode

1 Like

Re: Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student by Yemmyteespeed007(m): 7:21pm On Nov 14, 2013
na everyday thunder/lightning dy strike. sir no talk am again o

1 Like

Re: Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student by Yemmyteespeed007(m): 7:21pm On Nov 14, 2013

1 Like

Re: Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student by Hendrixtzee(m): 7:22pm On Nov 14, 2013
woky: i blv dat if u point any plant wit ur finger, the plant will die!
hahahahahahaha.... You r beginning to sound llike dt guy, Okija Juju *smh*

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Need Help: Glo Code To Subscribe For Daily Internet Usage / The Solar System And Its Waters And Oceans / Brand New Sealed iPhone 13 Pro Max @ 550k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.