Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,019 members, 7,806,986 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:13 AM

Anambra Guber: GEJ Abandons CHOGM 2013 To Campaign For Tony Nwoye - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra Guber: GEJ Abandons CHOGM 2013 To Campaign For Tony Nwoye (1003 Views)

PMB Vs GEJ With Queen Elizabeth At CHOGM (Photos) / Buhari & Queen Elizabeth Discussing At CHOGM In Malta / Tony Nwoye Is PDP Anambra Guber Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra Guber: GEJ Abandons CHOGM 2013 To Campaign For Tony Nwoye by scribe2000(m): 10:21am On Nov 14, 2013
I think Tony Nwoye is the next Governor of Anambra State. PDP has prioritized the state as they anticipate the loss of the G7. They cannot afford to lose Anambra to the APC through Ngige, nor let an untested weakling like Obiano (APGA) control Anambra ahead of the 2015 elections. Please read:

Jonathan shuns Commonwealth meeting for governorship election

President Goodluck Jonathan (m); Akwa Ibom Governor Godswill Akpabio (r); Anambra PDP Governorship Candidate, Comrade Tony Nwoye (3rd right) at PDP Governorship rally in Onitsha… on Wednesday.

President goodluck Jonathan on Wednesday said he abandoned the 2013 Commonwealth Heads of Government meeting in Colombo, Sri Lanka to campaign for the Peoples Democratic Party candidate, Mr. Tony Nwoye, in the November 16 governorship election in Anambra State.

Jonathan while campaigning in Onitsha said, “I had to cancel my trip to attend the CHOGM to be at this rally,” to underscore the importance he attached to the election and the “need to push Anambra State forward.”

Jonathan apologised for the absence of the Vice-President Namadi Sambo, who could not come because “two of us cannot be at the same place at the same time in case something happens.”

Meanwhile, the weekly Federal Executive Council meeting failed to hold on Wednesday at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

No official reason was given for the cancellation of the meeting where President Goodluck Jonathan, ministers and other presidential aides discuss national issues and award contracts.

Our correspondent however learnt that the meeting was cancelled because of the campaign of the Peoples Democratic Party governorship candidate in Anambra State, Tony Nwoye, which the President attended in Onitsha.

A few ministers and presidential aides, who did not receive the notice of the cancellation beforehand, were seen rushing into the Council Chambers venue of the meeting ahead of the 10am kick- off time before they were informed of the development.

Re: Anambra Guber: GEJ Abandons CHOGM 2013 To Campaign For Tony Nwoye by iyyke(m): 10:26am On Nov 14, 2013
1st 2 comment... Lalala....
Re: Anambra Guber: GEJ Abandons CHOGM 2013 To Campaign For Tony Nwoye by Kajiang02(m): 11:53am On Nov 14, 2013
Who ever advised you to type this should have given you facts and dates on CHOGM 2013. An event with main activities slated to hold from 15-17th Nov and currently been boycotted by some few countries because of "Mans inhumanity to man" in Srilanka.
Btw, I still wonder how much more we stand to gain in this Commonwealth matter, cos the mofos in Britain would have recently enforced a useless visa Bond issue on its member state "Nigeria".
GEJ could easily send a rep also. Chikena.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Guber: GEJ Abandons CHOGM 2013 To Campaign For Tony Nwoye by chris365(m): 1:54pm On Nov 14, 2013
are we still supposed to be a member of that organization with a colonial agenda? what exactly are the benefits of being part of that scam? abeg another news jare
Re: Anambra Guber: GEJ Abandons CHOGM 2013 To Campaign For Tony Nwoye by scribe2000(m): 8:07pm On Nov 14, 2013
Kajiang02: Who ever advised you to type this should have given you facts and dates on CHOGM 2013. An event with main activities slated to hold from 15-17th Nov and currently been boycotted by some few countries because of "Mans inhumanity to man" in Srilanka.
Btw, I still wonder how much more we stand to gain in this Commonwealth matter, cos the mofos in Britain would have recently enforced a useless visa Bond issue on its member state "Nigeria".
GEJ could easily send a rep also. Chikena.

The original post was focused mainly on how seriously the PDP is taking the Anambra Guber. Boycotting CHOGM was just part of the story, and not the main idea behing the post.
In any case, since you want to talk about CHOGM, only 2 countries are boycotting it, merely of the human reights record of Sri Lanka. What about those attending...including important countries like Australia, the UK, South Africa, etc.

And GEJ is not missing it because its not important. I was in Perth, Australia the last time CHOGM held a few years ago. GEJ was there live with a huge ,naija . CHOGM may have its critiques, but be informed that Naija sees it as important avenue to sell the country and attract foreign investors to our mineral industry, among other things.
So my dear, it is an important establishment, and I expect the GEJ administration to make an important representation.
Re: Anambra Guber: GEJ Abandons CHOGM 2013 To Campaign For Tony Nwoye by scribe2000(m): 8:08pm On Nov 14, 2013
chris365: are we still supposed to be a member of that organization with a colonial agenda? what exactly are the benefits of being part of that scam? abeg another news jare

The original post was focused mainly on how seriously the PDP is taking the Anambra Guber. Boycotting CHOGM was just part of the story, and not the main idea behing the post.
In any case, since you want to talk about CHOGM, only 2 countries are boycotting it, merely of the human reights record of Sri Lanka. What about those attending...including important countries like Australia, the UK, South Africa, etc.

And GEJ is not missing it because its not important. I was in Perth, Australia the last time CHOGM held a few years ago. GEJ was there live with a huge ,naija . CHOGM may have its critiques, but be informed that Naija sees it as important avenue to sell the country and attract foreign investors to our mineral industry, among other things.
So my dear, it is an important establishment, and I expect the GEJ administration to make an important representation.

(1) (Reply)

14 Students bags first Class at Ajayi Crowther University, Oyo / Agric Revolution: Nigeria To EXPORT Rice By Next Year! / 15 "Born Again" Students Surrender Certificates To WAEC!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.