Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,464 members, 7,808,650 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:53 PM

Do You Agree With Akon Postulation On Men Being Polygamous In Nature? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do You Agree With Akon Postulation On Men Being Polygamous In Nature? (1824 Views)

Why Have Nigerian Girls Now Become Polygamous In Nature. / The 6 Types Of Women Who Always Cheat On Men / Are Men Polygamous In Nature? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Agree With Akon Postulation On Men Being Polygamous In Nature? by abdulkayus(m): 10:55am On Nov 14, 2013
Akon who is a known polygamist said in a recent interview that monogamy is not only 'stupid', its 'impossible'. Read what he said below and tel us if you agree with him.

"The average guy in the world has a main girl and they got a side chick. And then they got a jumpoff. At the end of the day as a male, we are natural breeders by nature, we ant even escape it if we wanted to.

Let's say you put 1000 guys on one corner and one bad chick walk passed. You gon see 1000 heads go, 'Damn'. They dont even know why they doing it. They are natural breeders. Its in their genes, they cant help it. Men are put on this earth to breed and the reason why God put multiple women on this earth is for that.

People are having relationships, boyfriend and girlfriend, and treating it like its actually marriage. You are just dating.

The whole purpose of dating is so you can date this one, and date this one, and date this one until you find our, "Okay, this is the person i want to spend the rest of my life with. Okay now, i commit to what is called marriage.

You find that one woman that supplies everything that you desire in a woman, ofcourse that will be a motivation to stick with that one woman, but i dont know one woman that can satisfy every man's one need. Its impossible. Just like there is no man that can satisfy a woman's every need. Women just aren't built to breed like that or .........mate with more than one partner. Women aren't built that way, men are".
Re: Do You Agree With Akon Postulation On Men Being Polygamous In Nature? by uboma(m): 10:59am On Nov 14, 2013
^^^ I don't agree with his postulation. He may be polygamous in nature but that doesn't make every other man like him.
Re: Do You Agree With Akon Postulation On Men Being Polygamous In Nature? by EejaNla01(m): 11:10am On Nov 14, 2013
Only if you know what lots of married men and your boy friends do,either openly or secretly! lipsrsealed
Re: Do You Agree With Akon Postulation On Men Being Polygamous In Nature? by Yemlizzy(f): 11:23am On Nov 14, 2013
Its a personal choice to make all depending on the man in question as infidelity is not inborn.
Re: Do You Agree With Akon Postulation On Men Being Polygamous In Nature? by uboma(m): 11:24am On Nov 14, 2013
Yemlizzy: Its a personal choice to make all depending on the man in question as infidelity is not inborn.

You just hit the nail on the head sis.
Re: Do You Agree With Akon Postulation On Men Being Polygamous In Nature? by wazobiaforu(m): 11:51am On Nov 14, 2013
He has a very good point for those that want to be sincere with nature, it takes only self discipline not to have more than one wife or partner.

We see many pastors and Islamic scholars that really wanted to have one wife but find themselves in a very sex drives tight corner that is very hard to control and have more than one at the end .

It's only discipline, self satisfaction and love that can make one to have one partner
Re: Do You Agree With Akon Postulation On Men Being Polygamous In Nature? by abdulkayus(m): 12:11pm On Nov 14, 2013
wazobia_for_u: He has a very good point for those that want to be sincere with nature, it takes only self discipline not to have more than one wife or partner.

We see many pastors and Islamic scholars that really wanted to have one wife but find themselves in a very sex drives tight corner that is very hard to control and have more than one at the end .

It's only discipline, self satisfaction and love that can make one to have one partner
Re: Do You Agree With Akon Postulation On Men Being Polygamous In Nature? by abdulkayus(m): 12:24pm On Nov 14, 2013
wazobia_for_u: He has a very good point for those that want to be sincere with nature, it takes only self discipline not to have more than one wife or partner.

mehnnn. My guy u are right. Akon has some salient point bt it nt an xcuse to cheat. Bt to be sincere, men are polygamous in nature. As u said, it takes a sincere man wit d will of God to stick to one woman for life.
Re: Do You Agree With Akon Postulation On Men Being Polygamous In Nature? by Nobody: 12:27pm On Nov 14, 2013
I wonder why a man who doesn't know how a woman really feels will come out and say men are built that way while
Women aren't
Truth is women have as much propensity to cheat as men. Believe it or not.
Many women don't cheat because they have been taught that it's unladylike.
Meaning that it's only a thing of the mind. With the right orientation,anyone can be celibate or monogamous.

It'll really be a sight to behold the look on the men's faces the day it will divinely be revealed to them what their women are doing behind their backs. grin (at least paternity tests are trying small)

My point, if you're a man and you believe you're naturally wired to cheat but your woman isn't, you're on a very long thing. Walahi smiley
If she's not cheating,it because she loves and respects you not because she loves sexx less than you do.
Be wise. You have just as much potential of being cheated on by your woman as she has of being cheated on by you.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Agree With Akon Postulation On Men Being Polygamous In Nature? by Yemlizzy(f): 1:44pm On Nov 14, 2013
uboma:

That is just the real truth,there is no two ways about it.
Re: Do You Agree With Akon Postulation On Men Being Polygamous In Nature? by 50calibre(m): 1:45pm On Nov 14, 2013
lorretta u: I wonder why a man who doesn't know how a woman really feels will come out and say men are built that way while
Women aren't
Meaning that it's only a thing of the mind. With the right orientation,anyone can be celibate or monogamous.

It'll really be a sight to behold the look on the men's faces the day it will divinely be revealed to them what their women are doing behind their backs. grin (at least paternity tests are trying small)

My point, if you're a man and you believe you're naturally wired to cheat but your woman isn't, you're on a very long thing. Walahi smiley
If she's not cheating,it because she loves and respects you not because she loves sexx less than you do.
Be wise. You have just as much potential of being cheated on by your woman as she has of being cheated on by you.

This is what I call self deceit!! You must be deceiving yourself, if you think women got same propensity to cheat as men, maybe you need to study your biology more. 9 out of 10, a man is more likely to cheat.

The male gender, not just of humans, but other animals, are hardwired to cheat & mate with as many females as possible, while the females are much more family-oriented. Women have the inherent quality of keeping the family unit together, it's inborn. Today you see most women refusing to go into relationships with no future potential, while men just want a sha*g, it's nature, it's how the balance is maintained.

Besides women aren't always moved by the physical, many other factors matters more, whereas men are. Women got more self respect & pride than men, a man will sha*g anything shaggable, women won't. When last did you see a woman shagg*ing her driver?

So Akon is right!!
Re: Do You Agree With Akon Postulation On Men Being Polygamous In Nature? by Yemlizzy(f): 1:45pm On Nov 14, 2013
uboma:

Re: Do You Agree With Akon Postulation On Men Being Polygamous In Nature? by EejaNla01(m): 1:57pm On Nov 14, 2013
50calibre:

This is what I call self deceit!! You must be deceiving yourself, if you think women got same propensity to cheat as men, maybe you need to study your biology more. 9 out of 10, a man is more likely to cheat.

The male gender, not just of humans, but other animals, are hardwired to cheat & mate with as many females as possible, while the females are much more family-oriented. Women have the inherent quality of keeping the family unit together, it's inborn. Today you see most women refusing to go into relationships with no future potential, while men just want a sha*g, it's nature, it's how the balance is maintained.

Besides women aren't always moved by the physical, many other factors matters more, whereas men are. Women got more self respect & pride than men, a man will sha*g anything shaggable, women won't. When last did you see a woman shagg*ing her driver?

So Akon is right!!
Hmmm,what a truism! Self control in Men also differs,Taiwo might find it very difficult to control,while kehinde might find it a bit difficult to.
Re: Do You Agree With Akon Postulation On Men Being Polygamous In Nature? by Nobody: 2:25pm On Nov 14, 2013
@Lorreta, I am sure u and many other women intentionally don't want to take this long-proven fact, not that it isn't the truth, but becos u ladies feel a man and a woman is the same, lies.

I don't like saying this to avoid offending any with contrary opinion, but the world is a man, it belongs to men, even in the animal kingdom, male animals are polygamists whereas the females aren't. For instance, Lion...and if u doubt it, study it from today, no need to argue.

Nature didn't wire women to cheat (take it or leave it), it is media/modern exposure that's pushing nowadays women to cheat and to be like men and do whatever men do, but don't ever believe that women by nature have same propensity to cheat as men becos its a self deceit to think that.

A man doesn't get pregnant, a woman does. That alone is a proof to back it up.

Women are selective with their sex mates, but an average man isn't always selective, another prove.

A woman can hardly date or marry down, for instance, Queen Elizabeth can hardly climb down to have sex with a black guy she comes across during an international tour, but her husband, Prince Charles will sleep with an African maid once he has the opportunity to.

These are few proves...there are many that I can cite for u...

Christianity and word of God aside, an average guy desires to mate with as many beautiful women he can get as possible, but an average girl sees it as abnormal, and only wants to mate with the most powerful man. A man wants to mate with anything that attracts him at the moment.

This is not a justification for men to cheat, but it will help women.

Now this is where Christianity, other good religion and moral discipline comes into play.

If not for the 3 aforementioned things: Christianity, other good religion and strong moral discipline, the world would have been very unfair and dangerous for all.

Promiscuity, infidelity, robbery, murder, kidnapping, etc would have been so rampant, but Christianity helped to discipline men if u don't know.

But then, it doesn't mean that women don't cheat, but its not really in their nature, reason as soon as a woman finds her prince charming, she will never cheat, but for a man, no matter who he is dating or married to, it doesn't stop him from cheating, only fear of God or some other personal fears can.

3 Likes

Re: Do You Agree With Akon Postulation On Men Being Polygamous In Nature? by Yemlizzy(f): 2:31pm On Nov 14, 2013
uboma:

That is just the real truth,there is no two ways about it.
Re: Do You Agree With Akon Postulation On Men Being Polygamous In Nature? by Nobody: 2:39pm On Nov 14, 2013
lorretta u: I wonder why a man who doesn't know how a woman really feels will come out and say men are built that way while
Women aren't

since u believe that women are also born polygamous, I want to ask u some questions, pls answer honestly.

1. How many times have u asked guys out or seen a beautiful girl chasing guys (not 1 or 3 guys, I mean plenty guys)? But are u aware that an average guy who isn't a born again or sth related to that by the time he is 25yrs must have asked nothing less than 20 girls out

2. Have u ever paid a guy just to have sex with u before or have u seen plenty of your beautiful girlfriends paying guys to have sex with them

But do u know that an average guy who isn't a born again or sth related has wished/attempted or paid nothing less than 3 different girls to just have sex with him

3. Do u know that an average guy who isn't a born again or sth related to that is ready to have sex with any good-looking girl he comes across at any given time and place

But I am sure an average girl isn't wired that way...

4. Do u know that if there are 100 men in a community and there are also 100 women in that same community, with 10 men as leaders and 10 women as leaders, 100 of those men wouldn't mind mating with 100 of the women, but 100 of the women would only want to mate with 10 of the men in leadership and maybe some few selected men amongst the 100.

What am I trying to say here? Women are selective in their choice of sex partner whereas men aren't, another reason that tells u that men are polygamist.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Agree With Akon Postulation On Men Being Polygamous In Nature? by nbright: 2:55pm On Nov 14, 2013
DailyNews: 1. How many times have u asked guys out or seen a beautiful girl chasing guys (not 1 or 3 guys, I mean plenty guys)? But are u aware that an average guy who isn't a born again or sth related to that by the time he is 25yrs must have asked nothing less than 20 girls out

@DailyNews... I am not a born again and I have Never asked any girl out... I just don't like embarassment so I stick to myself... Most aren't cultured
Re: Do You Agree With Akon Postulation On Men Being Polygamous In Nature? by Nobody: 3:06pm On Nov 14, 2013
nbright: @DailyNews... I am not a born again and I have Never asked any girl out... I just don't like embarassment so I stick to myself... Most aren't cultured
You may not be a norn again the way u feel u should be, but believe me, there is a high level of fear of God in you, that's one of the major factors that can culture a man towards the issues of women and sex. Keep it up...it pays to live a chaste life and besides, chasing women will only make u not to be focused in life.
Re: Do You Agree With Akon Postulation On Men Being Polygamous In Nature? by Nobody: 3:16pm On Nov 14, 2013
...and that's why the Bible said: unless a man is born again, he cannot enter the kingdom of God!

This flesh we have is too wayward/weak, and must be strengthened with the word and grace of God to resist hunger of the flesh that all men inherited from Adam. It is so unfaithful it fails every man who relies on his own abilities and powers. If a man isn't born again, take it or leave it, he can never resist the urge for polygamy and promiscuity!

Albert Einstein failed irrespective of his moral and intellectual discipline. He divorced his wife and eloped with his female cousin...

Anyway, humans don't usually like to hear the truth...I give upsmiley
Re: Do You Agree With Akon Postulation On Men Being Polygamous In Nature? by tpia5: 3:20pm On Nov 14, 2013
He shouldnt say all those things until he's broke, thats when he can test his theory and see if his wives still agree with him.
Re: Do You Agree With Akon Postulation On Men Being Polygamous In Nature? by Nobody: 3:21pm On Nov 14, 2013
Women aren't

you just said exactly what i was thinking. Any gender is capable of having numerous partners.
Re: Do You Agree With Akon Postulation On Men Being Polygamous In Nature? by abdulkayus(m): 3:25pm On Nov 14, 2013
Someone at linda ikeji was sayin that even great men in old testament bible are polygamists. Hw true is it?
Re: Do You Agree With Akon Postulation On Men Being Polygamous In Nature? by abdulkayus(m): 4:32pm On Nov 14, 2013
African culture also recognise man has polygamous in nature, until wen xtianity come and abolish it bt Islam still recognise polygamy of up to 4 wives if d husband will be able to do justice between dem.
Bt some Africans no send at all, dey still go for d polygamy despite d ban by xtainity.
Re: Do You Agree With Akon Postulation On Men Being Polygamous In Nature? by EejaNla01(m): 6:32pm On Nov 14, 2013
abdulkayus: Someone at linda ikeji was sayin that even great men in old testament bible are polygamists. Hw true is it?
I also read the comments on linda's blog,its true that the bible prophets were all polygamous and in islam,many muslims marry more than one wife,many xtians might not marry more than one,but on the burial day of this people that's when some strange children would appear, they ill not tell you the truth but they have side chicks or hidden wife somewhere.
Re: Do You Agree With Akon Postulation On Men Being Polygamous In Nature? by Nobody: 8:44pm On Nov 14, 2013
50calibre:

So Akon is right!!
DailyNews: since u believe that women are also born polygamous, I want to ask u some questions, pls answer honestly.

1. How many times have u asked guys out or seen a beautiful girl chasing guys (not 1 or 3 guys, I mean plenty guys)? But are u aware that an average guy who isn't a born again or sth related to that by the time he is 25yrs must have asked nothing less than 20 girls out

2. Have u ever paid a guy just to have sex with u before or have u seen plenty of your beautiful girlfriends paying guys to have sex with them

But do u know that an average guy who isn't a born again or sth related has wished/attempted or paid nothing less than 3 different girls to just have sex with him

3. Do u know that an average guy who isn't a born again or sth related to that is ready to have sex with any good-looking girl he comes across at any given time and place

But I am sure an average girl isn't wired that way...

4. Do u know that if there are 100 men in a community and there are also 100 women in that same community, with 10 men as leaders and 10 women as leaders, 100 of those men wouldn't mind mating with 100 of the women, but 100 of the women would only want to mate with 10 of the men in leadership and maybe some few selected men amongst the 100.

What am I trying to say here? Women are selective in their choice of sex partner whereas men aren't, another reason that tells u that men are polygamist.

I really do not have a case against any of both your opinions
Nor do I argue that your observations are wrong cos I too have observed same
The only thing I'm saying is that it is not a thing of nature. It is a thing of environment.
Cos women are expected to be that way,most are.
Cos men are excused to be that way,most are.
Or how do you explain that women in very sexzually liberal societies tend to be more openly promiscous than their counterparts in conservative societies?
Conformity!
It may not matter that women aren't aggressive like men in pursuit of partners. What matters is in the end who gets laid more?
Of course I don't and will never endorse promiscuity in any body (especially not a woman. Cos just like the others,I've been taught that we women need to keep our legs closed smiley and I grew up with that)

Em 50,that your arguement about female animals being selective in partners is as wrong as they come smiley
They get shagged in just the same random manner as their males partners.
Re: Do You Agree With Akon Postulation On Men Being Polygamous In Nature? by 50calibre(m): 1:40am On Nov 15, 2013
lorretta u: I really do not have a case against any of both your opinions
Nor do I argue that your observations are wrong cos I too have observed same
The only thing I'm saying is that it is not a thing of nature. It is a thing of environment.
Cos women are expected to be that way,most are.
Cos men are excused to be that way,most are.
Or how do you explain that women in very sexzually liberal societies tend to be more openly promiscous than their counterparts in conservative societies?
Conformity!
It may not matter that women aren't aggressive like men in pursuit of partners. What matters is in the end who gets laid more?
Of course I don't and will never endorse promiscuity in any body (especially not a woman. Cos just like the others,I've been taught that we women need to keep our legs closed smiley and I grew up with that)

Em 50,that your arguement about female animals being selective in partners is as wrong as they come smiley
They get shagged in just the same random manner as their males partners

Nah! That's not what I said, go back & read the first part of my post again.

Besides even to take you up on what you said here, you are wrong. Maybe you should go back to your biology, study animal behaviours, evolution etc you'd understand what I mean.

In a typical competitive animal habitat, females are selective as hell, they go for the strongest stock, even the males sometimes have to engage in a bloody battle to get a female. Most male animals don't stick with their families, they mate with a female, & then runs of in search of another female, leaving the females to nurture her kids.
Re: Do You Agree With Akon Postulation On Men Being Polygamous In Nature? by Nobody: 2:11am On Nov 15, 2013
No its nonsensical undecided
Re: Do You Agree With Akon Postulation On Men Being Polygamous In Nature? by abdulkayus(m): 5:44am On Nov 15, 2013
50calibre:

Besides even to take you up on what you said here, you are wrong. Maybe you should go back to your biology, study animal behaviours, evolution etc you'd understand what I mean.

In a typical competitive animal habitat, females are selective as hell, they go for the strongest stock, even the males sometimes have to engage in a bloody battle to get a female. Most male animals don't stick with their families, they mate with a female, & then runs of in search of another female, leaving the females to nurture her kids.

hahahahaha, 50, u go kill me ooo. U mean d male animal chop d kpekus and leave d female animal to nurture d kids while he go on to chop another kpekus again.
Re: Do You Agree With Akon Postulation On Men Being Polygamous In Nature? by ireneidiva(f): 7:16am On Nov 15, 2013
abdulkayus: African culture also recognise man has polygamous in nature, until wen xtianity come and abolish it bt Islam still recognise polygamy of up to 4 wives if d husband will be able to do justice between dem.
Bt some Africans no send at all, dey still go for d polygamy despite d ban by xtainity.

oga if you want to be a polygamist, go ahead by all means. If you see 8 women readily available, good for you! Im not raising any girl to believe that she is good enough to be somebodys 7th wife, godforbid! Or a boy to think that more than one is ok if he can't control his lust! Teaching him monogamy is part of discipline, discipline is not just 'don't steal'! Thus, go ahead and remember to invite me for all 8 weddings.
Re: Do You Agree With Akon Postulation On Men Being Polygamous In Nature? by ireneidiva(f): 7:19am On Nov 15, 2013
abdulkayus: African culture also recognise man has polygamous in nature, until wen xtianity come and abolish it bt Islam still recognise polygamy of up to 4 wives if d husband will be able to do justice between dem.
Re: Do You Agree With Akon Postulation On Men Being Polygamous In Nature? by jmoore(m): 7:55am On Nov 15, 2013
The only man that is polygamous in nature is the man with more than one pen**.

1 Like

Re: Do You Agree With Akon Postulation On Men Being Polygamous In Nature? by Nobody: 9:09am On Nov 15, 2013
And then when the younglings are fit to survive on their own, and the female is ready for another mating,does she wait for the first male that mated her? Or does she go along with the next male that suits her specifications? You see what I mean?

While females are naturally selective(you're right about that)
It doesn't make them monogamous.
Monogamy as we practice is man-made. Because being of higher intelligence,we know the risks of sleeping around.
So would it be expecting too much that males try to apply more sense in this game as more females do?

And I know you won't believe me,but left without societal conformities, females can do as much sleeping around as males. Even if they do it in a very subtle and non-aggressive manner.
50calibre:

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Every Man's Dream...(official) / 5 Things Apart From Your Looks That Drive Men Crazy / Why Do Guys Seem More Justified For Cheating?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.