Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,662 members, 7,801,914 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:45 AM

Teaching Job Is Now Hot Cake In Nigeria(My Experience). - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Teaching Job Is Now Hot Cake In Nigeria(My Experience). (42989 Views)

My Experience With A Chinese Man Today In My Workplace / 8 Reasons You Should Never Take A Private School Teaching Job / "JUJU" Assistance To Get a Job (is It Possible?) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Teaching Job Is Now Hot Cake In Nigeria(My Experience). by akubudejud(m): 3:54pm On Sep 30, 2015
Get this Job Sustainability School Lagos @ www.edumaxsite.- Driving our ambition for a sustainable future is the SEA concept. We help create customized and actionable projects to SOLVE our social and environmental challenges. We help develop local capacity and raise public awareness by using EDUCATION and ADVOCACY to embed lessons-learned.
Re: Teaching Job Is Now Hot Cake In Nigeria(My Experience). by akubudejud(m): 12:49pm On Oct 03, 2015
Applications are open for the African Leaders of Tomorrow (ALT) Scholarship Program to study in Canada.

For more information, visit CIBE African Leaders of Tomorrow Scholarship. https://edumaxsite.
Re: Teaching Job Is Now Hot Cake In Nigeria(My Experience). by sisi14: 2:41pm On Oct 16, 2015
Hi Nairalanders, i have been invited for an aptitude test in one of the international schools in lagos. any tips on what to expect?

1 Like

Re: Teaching Job Is Now Hot Cake In Nigeria(My Experience). by akubudejud(m): 8:21am On Oct 19, 2015
sisi14:
Hi Nairalanders, i have been invited for an aptitude test in one of the international schools in lagos. any tips on what to expect?

Ah! that is great indeed and congratulations..can you cheer the name of the school please and when is the test!
Re: Teaching Job Is Now Hot Cake In Nigeria(My Experience). by akaystum: 9:25am On Oct 19, 2015
Urgent Vacancy at Hospitality / Entertainment Industry

Visit the Career session of http://www.toopcity.com/showthread.php?tid=116
Re: Teaching Job Is Now Hot Cake In Nigeria(My Experience). by ginjar(m): 2:16pm On Oct 19, 2015
smiley
Re: Teaching Job Is Now Hot Cake In Nigeria(My Experience). by Deebar(f): 2:39pm On Jan 07, 2016
akubudejud:
PLEASE..! If you are reading this post deliberately or by chance,I will beg you to be very objective and learn from this rather than criticizing or condemning how the presentation is made ,this is my personal experiences and may not apply to every body, follow the thread and learn, this post is not intending to showcase my writing skills or to down-grade any career or advertise any establishment, however it is meant to encourage the minds of many intelligent unemployed graduate out there through my own past experience..Thank you.

Now,let me start from my school days,..Many years ago in the University my aims and objectives like any other undergraduate is to struggle hard to graduate with good grade, 2:1 grade at least, leave the school get a wonderful job that can fetch me good money to start life possibly getting another degree or starting a family,this is always our dreams back at school.But personally I was wrong, life in the campus is quite different from the outside life.Please, at this juncture,I am talking to those of us that are from an average family and not those whose parent had already starched money into their bank account or reserve a position for in a big conglomerate.

Now, I left school for my NYSC like many of us did, I was too much in a hurry to finish my NYSC because I believe my certificate is a straight ticket to work in Shell ,NNPC,GLO, MTN, NLG, GTBANK, HALLIBURTON,CHEVRON just name them,these establishments are very good places to work no doubt,I was known in all test venue all over the country writing one test or the other and after a lot of frustrated attempt, I remember the Federal government jobs in all the Ministries including state ministries,tried the Nigerian police, Army ,Navy ,Air force,Road safety and so on and so forth..No Godfather No Job..Even after a successful Aptitude Test and interviews no Job, I AM getting older, my age is disappointing me to get certain good Job that I desired, earlier however, along the line, during my Youth service, I was introduced to teaching but I ended up quarreling with my adviser even though I enjoyed teaching during the time I served as a youth corper.

Now, am jobless but intelligent, the flashes of my NYSC days when I was posted to a secondary school as a teacher kept coming in..TEACHER!! God forbid Who want to be a TEACHER ,after all David Osho was my course mate in school He is presently with Chevron..I am a graduate of Geophysics too so why would you wish me such a thing that was always my reaction...I remain jobless while so many job vacancies were been advertised every day from old and new schools looking for qualify and intelligent teachers all over Nigeria.

After many years of roaming about the street of Lagos ,Abuja, Portharcourt, Ibadan etc. I settled down for a private school where I was completely used up every day for a pay as low as N 7,000.00 PER month incredible..!(not exaggerating here) very small to start with you may say.

But hear this, after a while I began to study the system gather money to develop myself in the field and fortunately things started changing in the educational sector in Nigeria, Teachers started earning respect from people. Thank God and the NTI-(National Teacher's Institute) and TRCN (Teachers Registration Council of Nigeria) as they Started standardizing the profession.

Through hard work however,I learnt the rudiment of teaching and I started having different views and understanding about some schools in Nigeria running both Nigerian and British curriculum in education, I then apply to one of the International school around after my PGDip Ed. and sincerely speaking ,I never thought I could enjoy teaching not only by the act but by what one could learn and gain from this type of high caliber secondary schools and other government schools in Nigeria.

So now,if you are in the line of education already I congratulate you. Imagine the multitude of NYSC graduates passing out and other intelligent graduates from Higher Institutions roaming the street claiming to be graduate of Universities and polytechnics wasting away looking for job that is NOT even available.

When moving around Lagos one day I remember with great pity how many like me refusing to start something small...Please, let us re-think and plan for ourselves you can pursue your dream but don't relegate any profession it could be your saving grace..WE ALL CAN NOT BE TEACHERS BUT YOU CAN AS WELL APPRECIATE THIS NOBLE PROFESSION.

NOW APART FROM THE CONVENTIONAL SECONDARY SCHOOLS LIKE THE ONE YOU AND I ATTENDED WHICH IS ACTUALLY BETTER NOW IN NIGERIA TO START A CAREER IN TEACHING,...WE NOW HAVE INTERNATIONAL SCHOOLS IN NIGERIA OPERATING ON A DIFFERENT LEVEL AND PEOPLE DON'T EVEN KNOW THAT THEY PAY VERY WELL.

Schools Like....

Grange school Lagos.
Day waterman college ASU Ogun State.
Dowen College Lagos.
Olashore International School(OIS) Osun State.
Atlantic Hall lagos.
British International School.(BIS)
Redeemers International school Lagos.
Bloombred International secondary school Portharcourt.
Temple school Lagos.
Corona School.
Meadow Hall School.
Pampers School and
so many others too numerous to mention.

These are AISEN Schools,(Association of International Schools Educators of Nigeria (AISEN ).However,not all schools using the word 'International' belong to AISEN...check this site(http://www.aisenconference.com/)They operate different salary structures for their staff and provides training for them both local and international some of these schools start from as low as N 100,000.00. The method of teaching is technologically based with the use of ICT and modern facilities, Recently a friend of mine got a job as a Mathematics teacher and they started with N 250,000.00 per month excluding accommodation and other benefits, please I am not exaggerating here to amuse any body also not trying to advertise the schools my point is that if you are intelligent teaching is one career that is very lucrative now in Nigeria and will expose you positively.

What you need is to be qualify as a professional in the field, do one or two courses in education and if you already had one, good luck.!

I work in one of the Schools listed above and my orientations about teaching had so far changed,I have my PGDip. Ed and also doing my M.Ed. Internal training from the school helped me with some International recognize certification in education now. I felt I should let you know this little secret, which is not for everybody though!

Please, Joblessness could lead to frustration..Until you start to teach you wouldn't know you are a good teacher,make a move now and as you start small you will soon become large..! God bless you.
This contribution is detailed and beautiful. Pls,do fed universities accept PGDE in edu to run med?
Re: Teaching Job Is Now Hot Cake In Nigeria(My Experience). by mcphunky: 3:13pm On Jan 16, 2016
Hello do u kw of any international sch recruitn in ibadan,cuz dts wir am based.tayad of stayn @ home
Re: Teaching Job Is Now Hot Cake In Nigeria(My Experience). by akubudejud(m): 3:56pm On May 25, 2016
You can earn much in teaching with the help of a guided educational professional that understands the 21st century education . Our knowledgeable and experienced counselors assist you to make informed choices on how to build up a good educational and teaching career of all categories through:

Teaching pedagogical training
Educational workshop and seminar
Educational CV Re-Write
Teaching job interview tips
Educational Job Type
Educational Job placement and vacancies recommendation
Educational Qualifications for professional teachers
Teaching/Educational Examinations
Registration with TRCN (Teachers Registration Council of Nigeria) to be certified.
We provide a platform for prospective Young and resourceful graduate interested in becoming a professional educator/teacher and educational administrators to realize their dream by making the entire process easier and seamless. We are in constant touch with the international and other schools and as such provide relevant and timely information to our talented graduate from the moment they contact us, starting with their Curriculum Vitae (CV); should they have any issues we could help to resolve. At no time, during the entire process are you left on your own. You can count on us. We are different because WE CARE!!!

Contact us: For more information,

Email: peceducation@yahoo.com
Facebook page: peceducational
LinkedIn: Peceducational Consult
Twitter: @peceducation
Re: Teaching Job Is Now Hot Cake In Nigeria(My Experience). by Danoluwa(m): 12:51pm On May 26, 2016
please I have a B.Sc. in geology and currently in need of a teaching position. I can handle all classes from junior to senior secondary. I can teach math, geography, chemistry, physics and biology. I am also a music instructor and a saxophonist and am always ready to pass the knowledge.
Re: Teaching Job Is Now Hot Cake In Nigeria(My Experience). by Odunharry(m): 4:01pm On May 26, 2016
Danoluwa:
please I have a B.Sc. in geology and currently in need of a teaching position. I can handle all classes from junior to senior secondary. I can teach math, geography, chemistry, physics and biology. I am also a music instructor and a saxophonist and am always ready to pass the knowledge.
Visit schools around you and drop ur cv there..
All the best
Re: Teaching Job Is Now Hot Cake In Nigeria(My Experience). by akubudejud(m): 4:06pm On May 26, 2016
In 2013 I wrote an article on this platform (Nairaland) about 'Teaching Jobs Now Hot Cake and immediately after that I wrote about how you can earn salaries between N100,000-N350,000 even more working in some International schools in Nigeria.

However, some Nigerians do not believe what I tagged my VIEW AND EXPERIENCES, I really do not blame them base on what I called Individual Perspective of the matter, meanwhile those that believed in what I shared either wrote to me through their comments or mailed me for counseling and guidance on how that can be possible, some actually left with a changed mind-set, some could not cope with the truth, while many were employed based on the simple recommendations, advice and training---Please, check these linkes and read about the previous write- ups.

https://www.nairaland.com/1517304/teaching-job-now-hot-cake
https://www.nairaland.com/2176652/earn-salary-between-n100000-n350000-teacher#31259920

Basic facts about today’s Unemployment realities:
• Things are changing fast worldwide and we must change.
• Graduates from various institutions are increasing by day.
• Youth unemployment will continue in the increase.
• Companies are downsizing daily.
• Research has shown that unemployment will increase because we are in the (Robotic World Or smart Century)
• Many companies will continue to cut down staff except for very important or specialized positions.etc

Basic facts about Teaching Jobs realities in today’s world:

• The fact remains that technology cannot replace teachers.
• But teachers can be replaced if not technologically inclined or trained for the 21st century education.
• As a matter of fact education or the need for a teacher will be in the increase.
• Man cannot survive today's Robotic world without been taught.
• People will continue to seek for knowledge.
• Researchers have it that the three key JOBS that MIGHT not experience serious manpower shutdown are the educational sector, agricultural sector and ICT do your findings to also ascertain these facts.
• Why students, pupils and of cause your children and grandchildren will continue to seek for education.
• To catch up with today’s world and to teach them you will need the teachers.
• I mean the real 21st century teacher/educator.
• No matter how the unemployment bites hard in the country the teachers will be needed at all-time even if the salary is small.
• Or even start your own school business.

If I have been able to spur you a little about the teaching profession, I must quick to admit that not everyone can or will be a teacher or an educator, But the truth of the matter is that The Nigerian economy has been quite unstable for some time now. From falling oil prices to increasing naira to dollar exchange rate that have multiplier effects on the economy. Nigeria has been plagued by unemployment for a long time, the rate of unemployment has been at 23.9% since 2013 and from the way things are going, it doesn’t look like it going to be reducing anytime soon. The multiplier effects of the fall in Nigeria’s oil prices are evident in the financial report of oil and gas companies in the country.

Because of the fall in oil price from $110 to $55 in June 2014 oil & gas firms have been experiencing losses since middle of last year. Every company depends on it revenue and profit for continuous running; these companies however can no longer maximize their profits because their total cost (expenditure) no longer matches their total revenue which leads to a deficit (loss). The fact that these companies are making losses make them want to stay afloat hence the downsizing of employees.

The increase in the naira to dollar exchange rate also has the multiplier effect on unemployment. The unstable nature of the naira in comparison to the dollar has led to a rise in the price of wheat and other imported raw materials used in the production of consumer goods in Nigeria, also there has been an increase in the Value Added Tax (VAT) of these commodities.

READ THESE: COMPANIES ARE PRESENTLY EXPERIENCING LOSSES AND CUTBACKS HENCE THEIR DECISION TO LAY OFF THEIR WORKERS SO THEY CAN STAY AFLOAT.

LIST OF COMPANIES:

• Schlumberger Limited has laid off 20,000 of its employees between 2014 and 2015. This was because the lower oil prices and cutbacks in their exploration and production forced their decision.

• Shell laid off 7,000 of its employees,

• Baker Hughes – 13,000,

• Weatherford International – 14,000,

• Halliburton – 18,000.

• The Nigerian Bottling Company which is part of the Coca-Cola Hellenic group has laid off 1,800 workers because of the increasing exchange rate. The company has experienced a 14% decrease in its earnings last year and also a declining revenue growth.

• The Flour Mills of Nigeria is not left out of this trend, the unstable exchange rate led to an increase in the price of wheat and VAT which affects their production processes.

• Diamond Bank also laid of about 1000 workers this year because of restructuring of the banks operations.

• Lacasera laid off over 700 workers this year because they decided that they wanted to be part of unions that have their benefits at heart.

• Iroko TV also laid off hundreds of workers this year mostly from their marketing department of its Lagos office because they were not able to meet up with set targets.

The list can go on and on really, as we still have many businesses like Deal Dey & Jumia who also laid off hundreds if not thousands of employees.

Will the trend be ending anytime soon? Only God can tell!

While some companies have seemingly genuine reasons for laying off workers, some others may not…...
An economist says” Teaching Jobs seems to be more secure based on some facts on ground” what that simply means is that more people will go for Teaching now, and if you want to be ready for the anticipated competition ahead, you must be ready and be relevant as a 21st century educator/teacher to remain employable for Good schools.

Remember this,graduate might be looking for teaching Jobs but those already in the teaching field are changing jobs even at this time of downsizing, the difference is professionalism.There are good schools (particularly international schools)that can pay well but you must start somewhere first!!

How do I get one?

• Get Professional Advice.
• Get trained/attend Seminars.
• Be certified.
• Seek counseling
• Get the 21st Century CV
• Be updated on educational Technology.
• Learn when schools are recruiting
• Learn how to attend teaching and educational interviews etc.
• Learn about many other Jobs that are associated with Education(If you are not a Teacher) etc.
For more Information visit: peceducation@yahoo.com, Facebook page: peceducational

Am not writing to scare you, but the truth is that TEACHERS are far more becoming very relevant in today's world. THINK ABOUT IT TODAY!!
Re: Teaching Job Is Now Hot Cake In Nigeria(My Experience). by prefy: 4:48pm On Jul 11, 2016
We can help package your CV and give you the training you need to get a job in an international school, including IGCSE certification. We have helped so many teachers. We have our proofs. Call Preference Educational Services on 08173881748
Re: Teaching Job Is Now Hot Cake In Nigeria(My Experience). by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jul 11, 2016
hilario8898:
Sir, pls I want your opinion on my current predicament.
During my secondary school days, I have always wanted to become an accountant, but due to the situation of Nigeria Universities, it became a hard ordeal.
I am currently a student of Uniben studying Accounting Education, my plan was to start first and try again next year, fortunately for me I recently got admission to study banking and finance in delsu.
Don't get me wrong Sir, I am very grateful to God for this opportunities, because I know how hard it is for one to secure admission in universities this days.
My question now Sir is, should I stay in Uniben and continue? Or should I do the banking and finance?
Thank you very much!
the two courses are ok but since u have always wanted to be an accountant and ure now studying accounting, I don't see any reason why u shud switch to another course except ure confused. Oga stay
Re: Teaching Job Is Now Hot Cake In Nigeria(My Experience). by hilario8898(m): 5:10am On Jul 12, 2016
olushola1989:
the two courses are ok but since u have always wanted to be an accountant and ure now studying accounting, I don't see any reason why u shud switch to another course except ure confused. Oga stay

Thanks sir for your kind words... Anyways, its been years now that I made that comment. I made my decision, and I left the Accounting education course in uniben for Banking and finance in delsu. I'm really glad I did, cus the plain truth is that I was struggling to cope with some of courses offered under the program, imagine doing shorthand as a course... Yes "shorthand" , some people might say that it does not matter as long as you are in school, well I say NO. My candid advice to everyone out there, is for you not to let Nigeria schools, situation and predicaments determine your future, if you can't beat it, you leave it. Thanks once more**

3 Likes

Re: Teaching Job Is Now Hot Cake In Nigeria(My Experience). by sekzy99(m): 7:16am On Aug 13, 2016
PHE, Yoruba and Igbo teachers needed in a school at Ipaja.
Candidate living around Ipaja/Alimosho preferably.
Send your cv to Rec20152016@ gmail.com
Re: Teaching Job Is Now Hot Cake In Nigeria(My Experience). by sekzy99(m): 10:39am On Sep 03, 2016
Are you interested in making extra income by assisting in selling Computer-Based Test software,school management software, computer hardwares etc. to any school on a part time basis at your own pace?

All that is required of you is good communication and little knowledge of computer usage.

Mail to signify your interest. Momlilyseyi@gmail.com or
compteckconsults@gmail.com
Re: Teaching Job Is Now Hot Cake In Nigeria(My Experience). by Damolux01(m): 5:32pm On Sep 03, 2016
sekzy99:
Are you interested in making extra income by assisting in selling Computer-Based Test software,school management software, computer hardwares etc. to any school on a part time basis at your own pace?

All that is required of you is good communication and little knowledge of computer usage.

Mail to signify your interest. Momlilyseyi@gmail.com or
compteckconsults@gmail.com
send details to damolux01@gmail.com
Re: Teaching Job Is Now Hot Cake In Nigeria(My Experience). by Damolux01(m): 5:37pm On Sep 03, 2016
I'll like to ask some questions as reads what I've read here about PGDE...
1. Is it a must to finish NYSC before doing it?
2. Can one do it during NYSC?
3. How many months or years is the duration? Is it splitted into semesters like undergraduate sessions too?
4. Is it done full time or part time? If both...what differs in their duration? Thanks!
Re: Teaching Job Is Now Hot Cake In Nigeria(My Experience). by sekzy99(m): 6:27pm On Sep 03, 2016
Damolux01:
send details to damolux01@gmail.com
hmmm. I only posted d offer aint mine. So your employers are to contact you first?
Re: Teaching Job Is Now Hot Cake In Nigeria(My Experience). by akubudejud(m): 6:26pm On Feb 04, 2019
akubudejud:
PLEASE..! If you are reading this post deliberately or by chance,I will beg you to be very objective and learn from this rather than criticizing or condemning how the presentation is made ,this is my personal experiences and may not apply to every body, follow the thread and learn, this post is not intending to showcase my writing skills or to down-grade any career or advertise any establishment, however it is meant to encourage the minds of many intelligent unemployed graduate out there through my own past experience..Thank you.

Now,let me start from my school days,..Many years ago in the University my aims and objectives like any other undergraduate is to struggle hard to graduate with good grade, 2:1 grade at least, leave the school get a wonderful job that can fetch me good money to start life possibly getting another degree or starting a family,this is always our dreams back at school.But personally I was wrong, life in the campus is quite different from the outside life.Please, at this juncture,I am talking to those of us that are from an average family and not those whose parent had already starched money into their bank account or reserve a position for in a big conglomerate.

Now, I left school for my NYSC like many of us did, I was too much in a hurry to finish my NYSC because I believe my certificate is a straight ticket to work in Shell ,NNPC,GLO, MTN, NLG, GTBANK, HALLIBURTON,CHEVRON just name them,these establishments are very good places to work no doubt,I was known in all test venue all over the country writing one test or the other and after a lot of frustrated attempt, I remember the Federal government jobs in all the Ministries including state ministries,tried the Nigerian police, Army ,Navy ,Air force,Road safety and so on and so forth..No Godfather No Job..Even after a successful Aptitude Test and interviews no Job, I AM getting older, my age is disappointing me to get certain good Job that I desired, earlier however, along the line, during my Youth service, I was introduced to teaching but I ended up quarreling with my adviser even though I enjoyed teaching during the time I served as a youth corper.

Now, am jobless but intelligent, the flashes of my NYSC days when I was posted to a secondary school as a teacher kept coming in..TEACHER!! God forbid Who want to be a TEACHER ,after all David Osho was my course mate in school He is presently with Chevron..I am a graduate of Geophysics too so why would you wish me such a thing that was always my reaction...I remain jobless while so many job vacancies were been advertised every day from old and new schools looking for qualify and intelligent teachers all over Nigeria.

After many years of roaming about the street of Lagos ,Abuja, Portharcourt, Ibadan etc. I settled down for a private school where I was completely used up every day for a pay as low as N 7,000.00 PER month incredible..!(not exaggerating here) very small to start with you may say.

But hear this, after a while I began to study the system gather money to develop myself in the field and fortunately things started changing in the educational sector in Nigeria, Teachers started earning respect from people. Thank God and the NTI-(National Teacher's Institute) and TRCN (Teachers Registration Council of Nigeria) as they Started standardizing the profession.

Through hard work however,I learnt the rudiment of teaching and I started having different views and understanding about some schools in Nigeria running both Nigerian and British curriculum in education, I then apply to one of the International school around after my PGDip Ed. and sincerely speaking ,I never thought I could enjoy teaching not only by the act but by what one could learn and gain from this type of high caliber secondary schools and other government schools in Nigeria.

So now,if you are in the line of education already I congratulate you. Imagine the multitude of NYSC graduates passing out and other intelligent graduates from Higher Institutions roaming the street claiming to be graduate of Universities and polytechnics wasting away looking for job that is NOT even available.

When moving around Lagos one day I remember with great pity how many like me refusing to start something small...Please, let us re-think and plan for ourselves you can pursue your dream but don't relegate any profession it could be your saving grace..WE ALL CAN NOT BE TEACHERS BUT YOU CAN AS WELL APPRECIATE THIS NOBLE PROFESSION.

NOW APART FROM THE CONVENTIONAL SECONDARY SCHOOLS LIKE THE ONE YOU AND I ATTENDED WHICH IS ACTUALLY BETTER NOW IN NIGERIA TO START A CAREER IN TEACHING,...WE NOW HAVE INTERNATIONAL SCHOOLS IN NIGERIA OPERATING ON A DIFFERENT LEVEL AND PEOPLE DON'T EVEN KNOW THAT THEY PAY VERY WELL.

Schools Like....

Grange school Lagos.
Dowen College Lagos.
Atlantic Hall lagos.
Temple school Lagos.
Corona School.
Meadow Hall School.
Pampers School and

These are AISEN Schools,(Association of International Schools Educators of Nigeria (AISEN ).However,not all schools using the word 'International' belong to AISEN...check this site(http://www.aisenconference.com/)They operate different salary structures for their staff and provides training for them both local and international some of these schools start from as low as N 100,000.00. The method of teaching is technologically based with the use of ICT and modern facilities, Recently a friend of mine got a job as a Mathematics teacher and they started with N 250,000.00 per month excluding accommodation and other benefits, please I am not exaggerating here to amuse any body also not trying to advertise the schools my point is that if you are intelligent teaching is one career that is very lucrative now in Nigeria and will expose you positively.

What you need is to be qualify as a professional in the field, do one or two courses in education and if you already had one, good luck.!

I work in one of the Schools listed above and my orientations about teaching had so far changed,I have my PGDip. Ed and also doing my M.Ed. Internal training from the school helped me with some International recognize certification in education now. I felt I should let you know this little secret, which is not for everybody though!

Please, Joblessness could lead to frustration..Until you start to teach you wouldn't know you are a good teacher,make a move now and as you start small you will soon become large..! God bless you.

HMMMM! What a life,I wrote this article when I was just a classroom teacher some years ago.Today, I am heading an International school in Abuja. To God be the Glory.

7 Likes

Re: Teaching Job Is Now Hot Cake In Nigeria(My Experience). by Allann(m): 4:10pm On Feb 08, 2019
akubudejud:

HMMMM! What a life,I wrote this article when I was just a classroom teacher some years ago.Today, I am heading an International school in Abuja. To God be the Glory.

Will you advise someone trying to switch to a career in education to go for University PgdEd or NTI PgdEd? Thanks.
Re: Teaching Job Is Now Hot Cake In Nigeria(My Experience). by Adeapex(m): 7:35pm On Feb 08, 2019
someone should answer this question please
Re: Teaching Job Is Now Hot Cake In Nigeria(My Experience). by akubudejud(m): 5:01pm On Feb 10, 2019
Allann:

Will you advise someone trying to switch to a career in education to go for University PgdEd or NTI PgdEd? Thanks.
Yes..because that is what I did.
Re: Teaching Job Is Now Hot Cake In Nigeria(My Experience). by Allann(m): 5:05pm On Feb 10, 2019
akubudejud:

Yes..because that is what I did.

Did you do your Pgd at a University or NTI?
Re: Teaching Job Is Now Hot Cake In Nigeria(My Experience). by akubudejud(m): 5:31pm On Feb 10, 2019
Allann:

Did you do your Pgd at a University or NTI?

It doesn't matter where you do it. Go ahead and do something my bro. the NTI you are talking about is affiliated to a University anyway. Just act now.
Re: Teaching Job Is Now Hot Cake In Nigeria(My Experience). by BRIGGS34: 11:58pm On Aug 01, 2019
Hello Akubudejud... Just read through your testimonial... Would like to have a word with you... imehbridget34@gmail.com
Re: Teaching Job Is Now Hot Cake In Nigeria(My Experience). by Frezhkid10(m): 3:55pm On Aug 02, 2019
Teaching is a nice job. After my SSCE. i wrote my first jamb, i couldn't secure admission due to wrong subject combination. After staying at home 4 a whole year,idle, i was fustratd cos most of my mates have all gotten admission. One day,a friend of mine,told me that there is a school in need of a minder,if am interested,that the pay is 10k per month. I was reluctant at 1st. Bt after some serious think i accepted the offer. I worked as a minder 4 a term, the principal noticed how i talk,my gøod command of english,and how i help out the senior students in there assignments, she promoted me to the post of a basic 2 teacher. With a higher pay. Am enjoying my job now. I sat for jamb dis yr,i entered english education as my most prefered choice of course. My friends made jest of me for that,but am nt moved bcus am enjoying the teaching job,and will want to build a career in it.
.....only u.. accounting education graduate, only you jambite are u confused?
Re: Teaching Job Is Now Hot Cake In Nigeria(My Experience). by webcoach247(m): 4:36pm On Aug 02, 2019
Nigerians are not taking advantage of Online Money, you can be at home make money and enjoy your life, i swear if you join this WhatsApp group you will learn cpa marketing properly and with free traffic and you can start earning at least more than $20 daily which is like 7k daily in Nigeria, people in the group are people making it from cpa marketing and willing to help you out, the main reason they will be willing to help you out is because any 3 of the group member that’s most interactive and helpful for the month receives 100k each and it happens every month with the money which is gotten from their 2k monthly recurring payment for the group and the benefit is far more than that, i got my Free Traffic Method for cpa changing source codes from this same group, you can see the group’s Logo and WhatsApp number on their logo below, thank me later, blessings!!!

Re: Teaching Job Is Now Hot Cake In Nigeria(My Experience). by Nobody: 8:14pm On Sep 25, 2019
akubudejud:

which of the school in Abuja sir, reside in Abuja and a B.Ed holder
Re: Teaching Job Is Now Hot Cake In Nigeria(My Experience). by eniorisha(m): 3:47pm On Sep 26, 2019
@Akubudejud, i'm motivated by your testimonies. pls, i'll love to av a word with u, sir. Perhaps, u may not want to drop your digits publicly. It'll be an honor if u can msg me on 08182896938. Thank in anticipated cooperation.
Re: Teaching Job Is Now Hot Cake In Nigeria(My Experience). by Agbeni33: 5:32pm On Oct 02, 2019
akubudejud:

Schools Like....

Grange school Lagos.
Dowen College Lagos.
Atlantic Hall lagos.
Temple school Lagos.
Corona School.
Meadow Hall School.
Pampers School and

Bro teaching is truly lucrative in some parts of Lagos now. Most especially in those BIG Schools. Apart from my salary I see not less than 150k from my PP (lesson) every month.

We will continue to push it until we get there.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Diamond Bank Sacks 400 Workers (document Photos) / Have You Ever Considered Learning Truck Driving? / Female Soldier Shares Photos Of Her Experience At The Nigerian Army Depot.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.