Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,773 members, 7,806,130 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:55 AM

Qualities Of A Good Webmaster - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Qualities Of A Good Webmaster (1875 Views)

Need A Good Webmaster Immediately / I Wish To Be A Good Webmaster / A Good Webmaster That Can Design A Site Like Soccermanager.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Qualities Of A Good Webmaster by ztyle(m): 7:38pm On Jul 16, 2008
Lets Discuss on this, what are the qualities of a Good webmaster.

Share ideas. cool
Re: Qualities Of A Good Webmaster by yawatide(f): 8:13pm On Jul 16, 2008
I will take the first crack at it since no one else seems to want to volunteer tongue

1) Pays attention to detail
2) Constant communication, on a regular basis, with the client, throughout duration of project
3) Knows when to add just the right amount of eye candy to a site
4) Aims for quality, and not necessary perfection in code (indentation, semantic markup, code reuse, etc)
5) Is bold enough to stand up to the client when a client's idea doesn't make any sense
6) If on a team, is able to work well with other team members as well as communicate ideas between team members.
7) Is always on top of his game, with respect to the latest technologies out there. More importantly, knows when and when not to use what he has learned.
8 ) Loves what he does no because of the money but because of they actually derive satisfaction from their work
9) Doesn't necessarily know everything but knows enough of everything, enough to be dangerous
10) Isn't a loud mouth. Doesn't toot his own horn. Let's his work speak for itself.
Re: Qualities Of A Good Webmaster by ztyle(m): 8:26pm On Jul 16, 2008
Thats a good point, lets hear from others.!
Re: Qualities Of A Good Webmaster by HC: 10:12am On Jul 17, 2008
1. Identifying the products and services.

2. A webmaster should be aware of the competitors.

3. Learning to know if the chosen venture is feasible.

4. Business planning and projected price of products and services.

5. Should know the legal issues regarding business legitimacy.
Re: Qualities Of A Good Webmaster by ztyle(m): 6:00pm On Jul 17, 2008
Positive! cool
Re: Qualities Of A Good Webmaster by tomaagy(m): 8:56pm On Jul 18, 2008
creative ideas stand pple out from the crowd and a cool head I love it wen I meet someone who knows wat he's talking not just sweet mouth and bluff!

(1) (Reply)

Secrets Of Making Money Online Revealed (learn It Here For Free). / Need People / Skill That I Offer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.