Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,709 members, 7,802,139 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:40 AM

Col. Ben Gbulie, One Of The 1966 Coupists Speaks On The Coup And Awo - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Col. Ben Gbulie, One Of The 1966 Coupists Speaks On The Coup And Awo (25309 Views)

The Coup Speech That Overthrew Buhari On August 27, 1985… / Dogara’s Emergence As Speaker And The ‘coup’ Against PDP- Daily Trust / Why Buhari Has No Certificate - Col Ben Gbulie (rtd) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Col. Ben Gbulie, One Of The 1966 Coupists Speaks On The Coup And Awo by Katsumoto: 3:15pm On Nov 15, 2013
tomakint:
It seems you are a slave to the "books" you read! Sorry, you are too rigid attimes, I only asked an innocent question...was kpera the only one who was unaware of the said 'Operation Damisa'? You so much believe in your 'many literatures on Nigerian politics' undecided

If I am a slave to books, then you must be a slave to illogical reasoning and analysis. How could only Kpera be unaware of the operation? Was it only Nzeogwu and Kpera who were part of the training unit? What about Oyegoke that was killed? Was he a leading member of the coup planning but was killed because he chickened out?

5 Likes

Re: Col. Ben Gbulie, One Of The 1966 Coupists Speaks On The Coup And Awo by tomakint: 3:16pm On Nov 15, 2013
Katsumoto:

If I am a slave to books, then you must be a slave to illogical reasoning and analysis. How could only Kpera be unaware of the operation? Was it only Nzeogwu and Kpera who were part of the training unit? What about Oyegoke that was killed? Was he a leading member of the coup planning but was killed because he chickened out?
Give it a rest you are derailing, you can continue.....I am actually enjoying your postings cool
Re: Col. Ben Gbulie, One Of The 1966 Coupists Speaks On The Coup And Awo by isalegan2: 3:17pm On Nov 15, 2013
tomakint: What an elaborate and a revealing piece by Gbulie! I have always loved Kaduna Nzeogwu for his determination, courage, foresight and vision for a better Nigeria! If the coup had succeeded, Nigeria by now would have been the toast of other Nations! The January 15 putsch was a blessing in disguise for Nigerians because if the Sardauna-initiated January 17th Jihad had succeeded, I can only say the case of Nigeria would have been worst than Sudan! May His (Nzeogwu) soul continue to Rest In Peace!

Are you crazy, for real? That silly pretentious self-loathing oyinbo-worshiping gay started this country on a dangerous bloody hateful course from which we are yet to recover, and you're here professing your love for him, and wishing him peace in hell. Akuntuku e l'ono orun!

Just listen to that silly Elton John lisp of his. Smiling the whole time he's talking about killing others in cold blood. A real sociopath.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBKCgPMzrjI

1 Like

Re: Col. Ben Gbulie, One Of The 1966 Coupists Speaks On The Coup And Awo by Katsumoto: 3:19pm On Nov 15, 2013
jp philips:

whose account is the bold part? All the participants in the conference concur that Kpera was fully involved, please go and read the transcript to see that the actors did not always agree with Ojukwu, save for the ones that are clear truth.
Katsina as a northerner would have said "no, kpera, was just a gate man" or "no Kpera our son was just watching them". the truth was that, they know he was deep involved that was why they all agreed.

That part was not a proposal, it was the ending of an argument where ojukwu was setting the record straight, it wasn't even one of Ojukwu's Aburi demands hence the actors were not in any obligation not to decline if they wish to.

secondly, i wont blame you if you erroneously think that of Kpera because at some point while they were being hunted by the then military tribunal, lots of them were either hiding or denying their involvement, let me give you some examples;

Gbulie up there has already absolved Ojukwu that he knew nothing about the coup, tell me, who will believe that crap? Has ojukwu admitted yet?
Obasanjo has never agreed that he was one of the masterminds of the counter coup (july 66).
TY Danjuma has never admitted in any of his books that he master minded the death of Aguiyi ironsi
Gowon has never admitted his involvement in the coup that killed murtala Mohammed, reason why obasanjo's Govt was hunting him like bush meat.

truth is, the intelligence report are not with you, but if you have access to some of their confessions, you can easily string the truth together, I am not surprised Kpera is denying his involvement but the big actors, the Ogas at the top, know who and who were involved.
These old men today are being hunted by guilty conscience, reason they seize every media opportunity to confess.

I don't believe his Awolowo twist either, i saw it as a gimmick to buy the Yoruba sympathy,he claimed the coupists liked Awolowo, that is a big lie, Ojukwu never liked Awolowo, he claimed Ojukwu stopped the coup, lol, that is news for the ignorant not for me. I think he is just painting a selfless picture of their 66 mistake.
how can Gbulie in his imagination think they will hand over to Awolowo, when Ojukwu had all the opportunity to release Awolowo did he? not until Gowon did. who is fooling who?

BTW i heard Gbulie's version in 1988 during a symposium at queens school Enugu and I have managed to read his book, just that the lies couldn't let me to continue.

Stop lying

The decent thing to do would be to provide evidence that the participants agreed that Kpera was part of the coup. Did they go to Ghana to discuss whether Kpera, a second lieutenant, was part of the coup? Please do the needful and provide proof quick and stop referring us to imaginary parts of the transcript.
Re: Col. Ben Gbulie, One Of The 1966 Coupists Speaks On The Coup And Awo by jpphilips(m): 3:26pm On Nov 15, 2013
deleted
Re: Col. Ben Gbulie, One Of The 1966 Coupists Speaks On The Coup And Awo by cKaiser: 3:27pm On Nov 15, 2013
Did the OP offer any explanation as to why nothing was done to Azikwe, Okpara, Osadebey and all Ibo cabinet members?

1 Like

Re: Col. Ben Gbulie, One Of The 1966 Coupists Speaks On The Coup And Awo by jpphilips(m): 3:30pm On Nov 15, 2013
Katsumoto:

Stop lying

The decent thing to do would be to provide evidence that the participants agreed that Kpera was part of the coup. Did they go to Ghana to discuss whether Kpera, a second lieutenant, was part of the coup? Please do the needful and provide proof quick and stop referring us to imaginary parts of the transcript.

Read this slowly again;

Ojukwu now explained and reasoned that against the falsehood been spread but in January 1966, soldiers from every region of the federation (Nzeogwu: Mid-West, Ifeajuna-East, Ademoyega: West, Kpera: North) had staged a coup in which soldiers and politicians from every region of the federation (Akintola: West, Balewa: North, Unegbe: East, Okotie-Eboh: Mid-West) were also killed.
Whereas when northern soldiers staged a revenge coup in July, soldiers from one region of the federation only (North: Danjuma, Murtala, Martin Adamu etc) singled out soldiers from one region in the federation as their targets. Katsina took this opportunity to remind Ojukwu of the effort he had put in to prevent the murder of Igbos. Katsina told Ojukwu that "If you know how much …we have tried to console the people to stop all these movements and mass killings, you will give me and others a medal tonight."

If you dont understand this; I doubt if you are making sense to yourself.
Re: Col. Ben Gbulie, One Of The 1966 Coupists Speaks On The Coup And Awo by Katsumoto: 3:36pm On Nov 15, 2013
jp philips:

Read this slowly again;

If you dont understand this; I doubt if you are making sense to yourself.

And what part of that piece illustrates that the participants at Aburi agreed that Kpera was a part of the coup? Ojukwu was being sly in mentioning Kpera in the same breath as Ifeajuna and Nzeogwu. It is the same stupid and dishonest approach that you are taking right now. There were 27 officers in the coup plot and approximately 23 of them were Igbo. All the junior offiers like Adeleke were PROMISED death if they didn't go along.

If they believed Kpera was part of the plot, then he would have been tried.

1 Like

Re: Col. Ben Gbulie, One Of The 1966 Coupists Speaks On The Coup And Awo by OrlandoOwoh(m): 3:36pm On Nov 15, 2013
Katsumoto: An Igbo coup plotter stating that he was planning to free Awolowo and install him as President is analogous to a Pedophile, caught pants down with a child, claiming he was taking the child to see Santa Claus at 2 in the morning.

Ifeajuna who was hobnobbing with Zik, would organise a coup and handover to Awo. Did Awo express a desire to be president while being backed by military boys?

No amount of revisionism can change facts and history. Those who saw through the power grab addressed it within 6 months.
If they had succeeded in handing over power to Awolowo, as they claimed they wanted to, I wonder what such a government would have been called.

4 Likes

Re: Col. Ben Gbulie, One Of The 1966 Coupists Speaks On The Coup And Awo by Katsumoto: 3:38pm On Nov 15, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
If they had succeeded in handing over power to Awolowo, as they claimed they wanted to, I wonder what such a government would have been called.

A military government headed by a civilian. grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Col. Ben Gbulie, One Of The 1966 Coupists Speaks On The Coup And Awo by debetmx(m): 3:45pm On Nov 15, 2013
jp philips:

whose account is the bold part? All the participants in the conference concur that Kpera was fully involved, please go and read the transcript to see that the actors did not always agree with Ojukwu, save for the ones that are clear truth.
Katsina as a northerner would have said "no, kpera, was just a gate man" or "no Kpera our son was just watching them". the truth was that, they know he was deep involved that was why they all agreed.

That part was not a proposal, it was the ending of an argument where ojukwu was setting the record straight, it wasn't even one of Ojukwu's Aburi demands hence the actors were not in any obligation not to decline if they wish to.

secondly, i wont blame you if you erroneously think that of Kpera because at some point while they were being hunted by the then military tribunal, lots of them were either hiding or denying their involvement, let me give you some examples;

Gbulie up there has already absolved Ojukwu that he knew nothing about the coup, tell me, who will believe that crap? Has ojukwu admitted yet?
Obasanjo has never agreed that he was one of the masterminds of the counter coup (july 66).
TY Danjuma has never admitted in any of his books that he master minded the death of Aguiyi ironsi
Gowon has never admitted his involvement in the coup that killed murtala Mohammed, reason why obasanjo's Govt was hunting him like bush meat.

truth is, the intelligence report are not with you, but if you have access to some of their confessions, you can easily string the truth together, I am not surprised Kpera is denying his involvement but the big actors, the Ogas at the top, know who and who were involved.
These old men today are being hunted by guilty conscience, reason they seize every media opportunity to confess.

I don't believe his Awolowo twist either, i saw it as a gimmick to buy the Yoruba sympathy,he claimed the coupists liked Awolowo, that is a big lie, Ojukwu never liked Awolowo, he claimed Ojukwu stopped the coup, lol, that is news for the ignorant not for me. I think he is just painting a selfless picture of their 66 mistake.
how can Gbulie in his imagination think they will hand over to Awolowo, when Ojukwu had all the opportunity to release Awolowo did he? not until Gowon did. who is fooling who?

BTW i heard Gbulie's version in 1988 during a symposium at queens school Enugu and I have managed to read his book, just that the lies couldn't let me to continue.

Like I said in my earlier post, the Special Police Branch report and Kpera's interview Katz referenced Kpera would have been killed if he declined taking part in the putsch.

ojukwu knew about the coup but he did not take part in the coup. Read Ademoyega's book "Why We Struck" and ojukwu's book "Because I Am Involved"
Re: Col. Ben Gbulie, One Of The 1966 Coupists Speaks On The Coup And Awo by jpphilips(m): 3:55pm On Nov 15, 2013
Katsumoto:

And what part of that piece illustrates that the participants at Aburi agreed that Kpera was a part of the coup? Ojukwu was being sly in mentioning Kpera in the same breath as Ifeajuna and Nzeogwu. It is the same stupid and dishonest approach that you are taking right now. There were 27 officers in the coup plot and approximately 23 of them were Igbo. All the junior offiers like Adeleke were PROMISED death if they didn't go along.

If they believed Kpera was part of the plot, then he would have been tried.

May be, just may be you are smarter than all the people in that conference who raised no objection when ojukwu set the record straight of Kpera's involvement, in your words he was being "sly" grin

was Ademoyega's participation at gun point too? or is Ademoyega an Ibo man too? i know you must have read his own confession from his book "why we struck", being the slave to books i presume.

lastly, talking about Kpera's Amnesty, what about Gowon’s ADC Lt William Walbe, who tied Aguiyi ironsi to a range rover and equally shot captain Andrew nwankwo (though unsuccessfully) , did he face any court martial in Gowon's Govt?
if no, so why should you be expecting Kpera to be tried?
Re: Col. Ben Gbulie, One Of The 1966 Coupists Speaks On The Coup And Awo by jpphilips(m): 4:01pm On Nov 15, 2013
debetmx:

Like I said in my earlier post, the Special Police Branch report and Kpera's interview Katz referenced Kpera would have been killed if he declined taking part in the putsch.

ojukwu knew about the coup but he did not take part in the coup. Read Ademoyega's book "Why We Struck" and ojukwu's book "Because I Am Involved"

Do you expect Ojukwu to tell you he was involved? Gbulie up there has admitted that Ojukwu played two sides and finally concluded that ojukwu stopped the coup, lol, i simply don't believe that.
Did you read gbulie's account on Achuzie? same Gbulie is telling you they would have handed over to Awolowo, isnt that a joke? which event in our history points to that gbulie's assumption?
Re: Col. Ben Gbulie, One Of The 1966 Coupists Speaks On The Coup And Awo by Nobody: 4:04pm On Nov 15, 2013
adejoro75:

Unfortunately, Igbos have learned tribalism from the Hausa and especially the Yoruba. So this may not apply as of today

Igbos remain the least tribalistic of the three groups.
Its only an Igbo man that can speak English for the interest of at least one non Igbo in the midst.
Igbos are the only hope of Nig geria

3 Likes

Re: Col. Ben Gbulie, One Of The 1966 Coupists Speaks On The Coup And Awo by Katsumoto: 4:20pm On Nov 15, 2013
jp philips:

May be, just may be you are smarter than all the people in that conference who raised no objection when ojukwu set the record straight of Kpera's involvement, in your words he was being "sly" grin

was Ademoyega's participation at gun point too? or is Ademoyega an Ibo man too? i know you must have read his own confession from his book "why we struck", being the slave to books i presume.

lastly, talking about Kpera's Amnesty, what about Gowon’s ADC Lt William Walbe, who tied Aguiyi ironsi to a range rover and equally shot captain Andrew nwankwo (though unsuccessfully) , did he face any court martial in Gowon's Govt?
if no, so why should you be expecting Kpera to be tried?

1. They could all see through Ojukwu's attempt at making the coup one Nigeria. They weren't at Aburi to decide the guilt of Kpera or anyone else. It was Ojukwu who was worried by a guilty conscience. As far as the Northerners were concerned, they had corrected a wrong, from their perspective, and didn't need to correct Ojukwu's tomfoolery. When real men are dicussing, they don't focus on irrelevant things.

2. Ademoyega was involved in the coup. A Brazilian playing for the Spanish national team doesn't make the Spanish team a Brazil-Spain team. Ademoyega was sold a dummy and that was why Ademoyega and Ifeajuna fought physically when they saw each other in prison after the coup failed. Ifeajuna had a list of those who were to be killed. This list included Mbadiwe, Wachuku, Okpara, Osadebey, Mbu. But lo and behold, Ademoyega realized that he was conned as none of those people was arrested let alone killed. The plotters were overwhelmingly Igbo and the victims were almost exclusively non-Igbo. They would have been forgiven for being almost exclusively Igbo if the victims included prominent Igbos as well. And then after the coup was over, Orizu refused to swear in the NPC candidate to replace Balewa saying he needed to consult with Zik first. After the consultation, he handed over to Ironsi, who was also Igbo.

3. Comparing Walbe and Kpera is really daft. Walbe was a part of a coup plot that succeeded. Not one of those who took part in the July coup was tried. Why would Walbe be singled out? Arresting Walbe would mean arresting everyone else - Mohammed, Adamu, Danjuma, etc. Who would arrest them? Kpera on the other hand followed instructions of his senior officer. The coup failed and his senior officer was arrested. Kpera wasn't the only one freed in any case.

5 Likes

Re: Col. Ben Gbulie, One Of The 1966 Coupists Speaks On The Coup And Awo by Nobody: 4:20pm On Nov 15, 2013
Definitely IRONSI has an Hausa Blood just like ZIK, and two of them were STEWPID for all the decisions they took and low reasonings that has caused IGBOs alot including dining and dying with the enemies.

3 Likes

Re: Col. Ben Gbulie, One Of The 1966 Coupists Speaks On The Coup And Awo by kmariko: 4:34pm On Nov 15, 2013
Having gone through all these, Gbulie have refused to answer the fundamental question..

1. What exactly was the the purpose of the coup, ?
To correct the corruptive tendencies of the politician ?
To prevent the reoccurence of Operation Wetie ?
To prevent the supposedly Jihad to be lunched on the 17th ?
To install Awolowo?.
FOR WHAT EXACTLY ?

If these were their RAISON D'ETRE One wouldnt consider any of them brilliant thinkers for they would have known that these were the very least of the Nigeria project problems... For Nigeria at the time has not really gelled as a country

The Socio-economic cleavage in the country was so enourmous that the first thing and the only reason any coup would have happened is to bridge the gap within and between the ethnic groups in the country.
Re: Col. Ben Gbulie, One Of The 1966 Coupists Speaks On The Coup And Awo by khamas19: 4:54pm On Nov 15, 2013
[mic feedback noise]

..hello this is a public service announcement...the intellectual value of this thread just flew out the window as certain
persons joined the discussion...

..i know we all know them...pls let us ignore them..

[mic feedback noise]

thank you
Re: Col. Ben Gbulie, One Of The 1966 Coupists Speaks On The Coup And Awo by jpphilips(m): 5:06pm On Nov 15, 2013
1. They could all see through Ojukwu's attempt at making the coup one Nigeria. They weren't at Aburi to decide the guilt of Kpera or anyone else. It was Ojukwu who was worried by a guilty conscience. As far as the Northerners were concerned, they had corrected a wrong, from their perspective, and didn't need to correct Ojukwu's tomfoolery. When real men are dicussing, they don't focus on irrelevant things.

Show me any account that support your claim here: you think you are talking to your wh0re

2. Ademoyega was involved in the coup. A Brazilian playing for the Spanish national team doesn't make the Spanish team a Brazil-Spain team. Ademoyega was sold a dummy and that was why Ademoyega and Ifeajuna fought physically when they saw each other in prison after the coup failed. Ifeajuna had a list of those who were to be killed. This list included Mbadiwe, Wachuku, Okpara, Osadebey, Mbu. But lo and behold, Ademoyega realized that he was conned as none of those people was arrested let alone killed. The plotters were overwhelmingly Igbo and the victims were almost exclusively non-Igbo. They would have been forgiven for being almost exclusively Igbo if the victims included prominent Igbos as well. And then after the coup was over, Orizu refused to swear in the NPC candidate to replace Balewa saying he needed to consult with Zik first. After the consultation, he handed over to Ironsi, who was also Igbo.

The bold part is good enough for me, can you help me tell your partner in crime up there which language Ademoyega spoke, seems that subject is giving him sleepless nights.

I wonder why the actors in the re conciliatory Aburi conference never employed this same petty logic of yours to absolve Ademoyega, little wonder they raised no objection as Ojukwu mentioned him as one of the actors, do you have any explanations for that?

why should i believe you when all the regional governments raised no objection in his involvement? like i asked before, are you smarter than all of them? the same Govt that tried and jailed all of them? na waa oo

BTW, I am forced to ask if you were the prison warder? Ademoyega is today trying to play the victim just like the drunk old man Gbulie up there, taking Ademoyega's prejudiced account serious questions your reasoning ability.

you seriously believed that dummy crap you wrote up there? lol, several accounts have proved that nobody gave anybody any list, all the actors decided together in a room their targets, the only argument that ensued from that meeting was whether to kill (bloody coup) or to hold them hostage (bloodless coup).
when they reached no compromise on what to do to their victims, Nzeogwu declared that each team should go do whatever their conscience could carry, this position was the beginning of the end of their coup, even a class six history student knew this.

like you said you are a slave for books, hope you are not reading the civil war from hearts, hints and better lover.
your prison account is baseless, unfounded, fabricated and worse still built on a fallacy,
just like Gbulie's account on Achuzie.

BTW, Mr slave for cheap books, Major Ifeajuna was jailed in UYO PRISONS, while Ademoyega and onwuatuegwu were Jailed in ENUGU PRISONS, Mr Man, it doesnt pay to be reading info from the rizzler of your dope, did they fight through Email? which prison did they meet to compare notes? who do you think you are selling craps to? do I sound like your fellow m0r0ns?

3. Comparing Walbe and Kpera is really daft. Walbe was a part of a coup plot that succeeded. Not one of those who took part in the July coup was tried. Why would Walbe be singled out? Arresting Walbe would mean arresting everyone else - Mohammed, Adamu, Danjuma, etc. Who would arrest them? Kpera on the other hand followed instructions of his senior officer. The coup failed and his senior officer was arrested. Kpera wasn't the only one freed in any case.

Where I come from, Katsumoto means slowpoke i hope you are not living up to your ancestral name, calling me daft will only worsen your situation.
I used walbe to let you know that people have done worse and gotten away with it, so kpera's Amnesty shouldn't come to you as a surprise.
can you enlighten us why Katsina the Northern governor raised no objection when ojukwu fing@r@d Kpera as one of the coup plotters?

1 Like

Re: Col. Ben Gbulie, One Of The 1966 Coupists Speaks On The Coup And Awo by Katsumoto: 5:21pm On Nov 15, 2013
jp philips:

Show me any account that support your claim here: you think you are talking to your wh0re

The bold part is good enough for me, can you help me tell your partner in crime up there which language Ademoyega spoke, seems that subject is giving him sleepless nights.

I wonder why the actors in the re conciliatory Aburi conference never employed this same petty logic of yours to absolve Ademoyega, little wonder they raised no objection as Ojukwu mentioned him as one of the actors, do you have any explanations for that?

why should i believe you when all the regional governments raised no objection in his involvement? like i asked before, are you smarter than all of them? the same Govt that tried and jailed all of them? na waa oo

BTW, I am forced to ask if you were the prison warder? Ademoyega is today trying to play the victim just like the drunk old man Gbulie up there, taking Ademoyega's prejudiced account serious questions your reasoning ability.

you seriously believed that dummy crap you wrote up there? lol, several accounts have proved that nobody gave anybody any list, all the actors decided together in a room their targets, the only argument that ensued from that meeting was whether to kill (bloody coup) or to hold them hostage (bloodless coup).
when they reached no compromise on what to do to their victims, Nzeogwu declared that each team should go do whatever their conscience could carry, this position was the beginning of the end of their coup, even a class six history student knew this.

like you said you are a slave for books, hope you are not reading the civil war from hearts, hints and better lover.
your prison account is baseless, unfounded, fabricated and worse still built on a fallacy,
just like Gbulie's account on Achuzie.

Where I come from, Katsumoto means slowpoke i hope you are not living up to your ancestral name, calling me daft will only worsen your situation.
I used walbe to let you know that people have done worse and gotten away with it, so kpera's Amnesty shouldn't come to you as a surprise.
can you enlighten us why Katsina the Northern governor raised no objection when ojukwu fing@r@d Kpera as one of the coup plotters?

2. Stop flogging a dead horse. No one is stating that Ademoyega wasn't part of the coup. What they are saying is that the inclusion of Ademoyega doesn't make it a non-Igbo coup. 23 out of 27 for Igbo is a significant majority. You say they made a list of who should be killed/arrested and that each commander should use his discretion about whether to kill or arrest. Well, we know that Igbo commanders made a decision to kill and arrest non-Igbos and that the same Igbo commanders did not kill or arrest Igbos except for Unegbe. As for your comments about the prison account see below for excerpts of pages 100 to 101 of Ademoyega's book. Instead of you to pick up books to broaden your knowledge, you come on here and make an a.s.s of yourself.

"The next most important cause of our failure was the behaviour of Ifeajuna himself. Having seen that Ironsi had got loose and was already raising troops against us, Ifeajuna took Okafor with him and both of them suddenly disappeared from our midst. This raises the serious question of whether or not there was a common collusion between the two of them, and whether Okafor's failure to arrest the GOC was not a case of deliberate or willful omission. To my mind and to be quite honest, Ifeajuna should have been angry with Okafor the same way that I was angry with him. Then, if Ifeajuna had been faithful to me like I was to him, he should have stuck to me and both of us together would have planned the next line of action. This ought to be the natural course of things because Ifeajuna and I had worked together alone on this Lagos sector project for the previous three months, and more or less to the exclusion of the other majors who were brought in individually as the need for them arose. Why the sudden change of front? This matter later brought a serious argument between myself and Ifeajuna when we were both detained together at the Uyo Prison. That was in early April 1966, a few weeks after he had been repatriated to Nigeria. This argument became so serious that both of us exchanged blows and it was Dr Mbanugo, then a political detainee in the same prison, who separated us.

3. There is a word 'katsumoto' in Igbo? Now we are making things up like little kids. Your comparison of Kpera to Walbe is daft and moronic. Period. Kpera was part of a group that weren't arrested with their leaders in January while Walbe was part of a group of killers in July. The july group succeeded in their task. Katsina was not in Aburi to discuss Kpera and he was at liberty to respond or not respond. We know Kpera was sold a dummy by Nzeogwu and Kpera was not arrested. So only in your deluded mind would Kpera be a coup plotter.

1 Like

Re: Col. Ben Gbulie, One Of The 1966 Coupists Speaks On The Coup And Awo by jpphilips(m): 5:33pm On Nov 15, 2013
Katsumoto:

2. Stop flogging a dead horse. No one is stating that Ademoyega wasn't part of the coup. What they are saying is that the inclusion of Ademoyega doesn't make it a non-Igbo coup. 23 out of 27 for Igbo is a significant majority. You say they made a list of who should be killed/arrested and that each commander should use his discretion about whether to kill or arrest. Well, we know that Igbo commanders made a decision to kill and arrest non-Igbos and that the same Igbo commanders did not kill or arrest Igbos except for Unegbe. As for your comments about the prison account see below for excerpts of pages 142 to 143 of Ademoyega's book. Instead of you to pick up books to broaden your knowledge, you come on here and make an a.s.s of yourself.

"The next most important cause of our failure was the behaviour of Ifeajuna himself. Having seen that Ironsi had got loose and was already raising troops against us, Ifeajuna took Okafor with him and both of them suddenly disappeared from our midst. This raises the serious question of whether or not there was a common collusion between the two of them, and whether Okafor's failure to arrest the GOC was not a case of deliberate or willful omission. To my mind and to be quite honest, Ifeajuna should have been angry with Okafor the same way that I was angry with him. Then, if Ifeajuna had been faithful to me like I was to him, he should have stuck to me and both of us together would have planned the next line of action. This ought to be the natural course of things because Ifeajuna and I had worked together alone on this Lagos sector project for the previous three months, and more or less to the exclusion of the other majors who were brought in individually as the need for them arose. Why the sudden change of front? This matter later brought a serious argument between myself and Ifeajuna when we were both detained together at the Uyo Prison. That was in early April 1966, a few weeks after he had been repatriated to Nigeria. This argument became so serious that both of us exchanged blows and it was Dr Mbanugo, then a political detainee in the same prison, who separated us.

3. There is a word 'katsumoto' in Igbo? Now we are making things up like little kids. Your comparison of Kpera to Walbe is daft and moronic. Period. Kpera was part of a group that weren't arrested with their leaders in January while Walbe was part of a group of killers in July. The july group succeeded in their task. Katsina was not in Aburi to discuss Kpera and he was at liberty to respond or not respond. We know Kpera was sold a dummy by Nzeogwu and Kpera was not arrested. So only in your deluded mind would Kpera be a coup plotter.

Did i tell you Katsumoto is an Ibo word? BTW that thing you quoted up there is a figment of your imagination, please go take your evening dose, Ademoyega was in Enugu not Uyo, did they fight through E mail?
Re: Col. Ben Gbulie, One Of The 1966 Coupists Speaks On The Coup And Awo by Katsumoto: 5:37pm On Nov 15, 2013
jp philips:

Did i tell you Katsumoto is an Ibo word? BTW that thing you quoted up there is a figment of your imagination, please go take your evening dose, Ademoyega was in Enugu not Uyo, did they fight through E mail?

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

So thats what humble pie tastes like? A book is now a figment of my imagination? shocked shocked shocked That's a new one. You must be so embarrassed at your tomfoolery and ignorance that you believe an excerpt from Ademoyega is a figment of your imagination.

So tell us what language of yours has katsumoto as a word? Some of you are so imbecilic in thinking and actions.

Ifeajuna

'When Nkrumah was overthrown in late February, Ifeajuna was no longer welcome in Ghana and was subsequently sent back to Nigeria. [b]He was detained at the Uyo Prison where he had an altercation with Major Ademoyega over the failure of their plot and his behavior afterwards. He was later transferred to Enugu [/b]and subsequently released by Colonel Ojukwu in 1967 along with other January mutineers in Eastern region prisons.'

http://www.dawodu.com/omoigui15.htm

1 Like

Re: Col. Ben Gbulie, One Of The 1966 Coupists Speaks On The Coup And Awo by jpphilips(m): 6:09pm On Nov 15, 2013
[quote author=Katsumoto]

Now, why did you lie to us on Ademoyega's prison fight (if at all it happened), what did you intend to achieve with that?
find below what you told us happened, excerpts;

Ademoyega and Ifeajuna fought physically when they saw each other in prison after the coup failed. Ifeajuna had a list of those who were to be killed. This list included Mbadiwe, Wachuku, Okpara, Osadebey, Mbu. But lo and behold, Ademoyega realized that he was conned as none of those people was arrested let alone killed.

but the only evidence you provided to support that fallacy from Ademoyega's book said otherwise;
here is what you quoted as what Ade said, excerpts;

This matter later brought a serious argument between myself and Ifeajuna when we were both detained together at the Uyo Prison. That was in early April 1966, a few weeks after he had been repatriated to Nigeria. This argument became so serious that both of us exchanged blows and it was Dr Mbanugo, then a political detainee in the same prison, who separated us.

The above quote of yours doesn't correspond with what Ademoyega said in his book, so how did you make it up?
you clearly said the fight ensued because Ade realized Ifeajuna conned him with some "list", while Ademoyega, never said the reason for the fight, rather he attributed it to the later actions of Ifeajuna and Okafor

Since you have run out of desperation to prove the coup was an "igbo coup" you can as well embrace the "truth" in Nigeria's history.
I am glad i took time to read in between the lines of the crap dawodu.com sold you.

without any prejudice, bury your face in shame

1 Like

Re: Col. Ben Gbulie, One Of The 1966 Coupists Speaks On The Coup And Awo by fluteman: 6:43pm On Nov 15, 2013
jp philips:

whose book? a man who is claiming he was conned to participate in a coup? A man whose role was not just pivotal but was in the decision making arena like when Major donatus Okafor was recruited?
if you are so stup!d to believe that nonsense Ademoyega wrote, you will as well be stup!d to believe gbulie's assessment of Achuzie.
that is how false hood spreads, every online article on this fallacy is quoting "why we struck" written by the same man who is selling crap to the public.
If that coup had succeeded, will Ademoyega refuse his rewards?

back to the questions i raised before, you actually quoted "dawodu.com" lol now i know why you believe a lot of craps,
i still have access to a load of actors in that war, i don't read online craps to form my opinion, answer these questions;

1 I wonder why the actors in the re conciliatory Aburi conference never employed this same petty logic of yours to absolve Ademoyega, little wonder they raised no objection as Ojukwu mentioned him as one of the actors, do you have any explanations for that?

2 why should i believe you when all the regional governments raised no objection in his involvement? like i asked before, are you smarter than all of them? the same Govt that tried and jailed all of them? na waa oo

3 show me one account of ojukwu or any top actor in that era that buttresses this position that ifeajuna conned Ademoyega in joining the coup? or the prison fight.

I am sorry for you because you believe anything thrown at you, if not for the fact that i have documented Achuzie's successes and i have met personally people who served under his command with missing limbs and arms to show for it, one will be forced to swallow Ben gbulie's account hook line and sinker.
Mind you, Ben gbulie has already discredited Achuzie's successes in his book "FIVE MAJORS" calling him just a noise maker, tomorrow a brainless m0r0n like katsumoto will quote excerpts from "Five majors" to prove that Achuzie was a "noise maker" like gbulie alleged.

Answer the questions above, i have many more for you.

jp Philips, you are not making sense. First you alleged that they never met, but when Kats gave references from Ademoyega himself and from an acknowledged site, you changed directions again.

I know your type. It will be fruitless engaging in intellectual discussions with someone like you who are not intelligent and wise enough to accept when they have been punctured, full of hot air and very little substance .......no honor at all.

I will advise Kats not to waste his precious time with you

9 Likes

Re: Col. Ben Gbulie, One Of The 1966 Coupists Speaks On The Coup And Awo by jpphilips(m): 6:59pm On Nov 15, 2013
fluteman:

jp Philips, you are not making sense. First you alleged that they never met, but when Kats gave references from Ademoyega himself and from an acknowledged site, you changed directions again.

I know your type. It will be fruitless engaging in intellectual discussions with someone like you who are not intelligent and wise enough to accept when they have been punctured, full of hot air and very little substance .......no honor at all.

please if you have comprehension issues don't take it out on my post, nobody hired you to moderate a discussion that you lack the grey matter to understand its bearing, be warned!!
this thread has a moderator already and needs no extra one, if you have a counter fact to oppose or support any position you throw it on the table.

Why cant you wait for Kats to provide another independent source to collaborate his prison lies before jumping on his praise wagon,if you are not intellectually lazy.

There are a plethora of accounts out there, wait for Katsumoto, to show us where someone else collaborated that prison story or his being conned to participate in the coup.

You cannot accept to be fooled always,

For his role in Nigeria's first military coup, Nzeogwu was imprisoned by the military regime of Major-General Aguiyi-Ironsi at the notorious Kiri-Kiri maximum security prison in Lagos. His co-conspirators were also initially detained there but many of them were later moved to prisons in the Eastern Region: including Majors Ifeajuna (Uyo prison), Ademoyega, Onwuatuegwu (Enugu prison), Captain Gbulie (Abakaliki prison), Major Chukwuka, Captain Nwobosi (both Owerri prison). Nzeogwu was the only officer among the plotters that was moved to Aba prison. After Ironsi was overthrown in July 1966, Nzeogwu remained in prison until he was released in March 1967 by the Eastern Region's Military Governor Lt-Colonel Ojukwu.

this is an excerpt from this source

[url]http://www.gamji.com/article8000/NEWS8721.htm
[/url]

I hate to brandish internet sources, because every m0r0n like yourself have the right to post any nonsense online.
Kats showed me where Ademoyega wrote in his book that he fought ifeajuna in prison, and i said i don't believe Ademoyega, the source dawodu.com is not convincing enough for me, because those people are reading same books that were written to deceive the public on his involvement.

I started this argument forming my opinion on the transcript of the Aburu conference which served as the truth and re conciliatory panel at the time.
The transcript was released by the then administrator of Ghana Nkrumah who apparently, has no vested interest, save to make peace. so it is safe to assume that he doesn't have a reason to alter the transcript.

I choose my sources carefully and i expect you and Katsumoto to do the same, a man who lied in his book cannot be quoted and passed on as a fact.

I said both of them were in different prisons and i stand by that.
Katsumoto have quoted sources who are quoting the same source i discredited, "why we struck" just like i have discredited "five majors".

most of these guys are selling falsehood to the likes of katsumoto, i refuse to believe any nonsense in circulation. If ben gbulie could lie in his book, why not Ademoyega?

2 Likes

Re: Col. Ben Gbulie, One Of The 1966 Coupists Speaks On The Coup And Awo by Ahasco(m): 7:24pm On Nov 15, 2013
adejoro75:

So Igbo officers still stopped the coup. Why would Igbos stop what is supposed to be their coup?

Don't you get It! It simply means it was not an igbo cou, meaning not all of them agreed to the coup and it wasn't meant to benefit them.
Re: Col. Ben Gbulie, One Of The 1966 Coupists Speaks On The Coup And Awo by Katsumoto: 7:31pm On Nov 15, 2013
fluteman:

Some folks are so ignorant and foolish in thoughts; don't mind the chap. He is dead and buried and he is still trying to wriggle out. grin grin grin grin grin

1. When people are arrested and imprisoned. Is there a law that states that they can't be moved to other prisons? How can Ademoyega lie about fighting Ifeajuna let alone that he was in the same prison with Ifeajuna? Even more so, when he mentioned a witness to the fight. Ademoyega can lie about winning the fight but he can't lie about having a fight.

'The 18th battalion took Warri without incident. Major Chukwuka released Major Adewale Ademoyega from Warri prison before making his radio broadcast to the people of the Delta (9). Discerning listeners knew that Chukwuka was one of the January 1966 coup plotters in Lagos who had killed Chief Festus Okotie-Eboh, a son of Warri, Federal Minister for Finance and arguably the Midwest's most influential politician at that time. Ademoyega had been transferred to Warri from Uyo prison after a fistfight with Major Emmanuel Ifeajuna over the ultimate failure of their coup in Lagos.'

http://www.dawodu.net/midwest.htm

Another source from Max Siollun's book

http://books.google.ca/books?id=S1s9EqmAN1IC&pg=PA67&lpg=PA67&dq=ademoyega+ifeajuna+prison&source=bl&ots=kC3YQs_s3I&sig=0QJsMl9ydKdp6NUsw4453NKXZR4&hl=en&sa=X&ei=emeGUsH-K-X4yQGsh4HoAw&ved=0CCgQ6AEwADgK#v=onepage&q=ademoyega%20ifeajuna%20prison&f=false

2. Only the most dishonest fellows would include Kpera amongst plotters when Kpera, along with others such as the murdered Oyegoke, were misled by Nzeogwu. The Special Branch Report also states that the junior officers were threatened with death if they didn't cooperate. And one dullard here is arguing that there was representation from all sides in the coup. There are 250 ethnic groups in Nigeria. One group produced 23 out of 27 plotters and these plotters killed others outside of their group. Those are the facts.

2 Likes

Re: Col. Ben Gbulie, One Of The 1966 Coupists Speaks On The Coup And Awo by jpphilips(m): 7:48pm On Nov 15, 2013
Katsumoto:

Some folks are so ignorant and foolish in thoughts; don't mind the chap. He is dead and buried and he is still trying to wriggle out. grin grin grin grin grin

1. When people are arrested and imprisoned. Is there a law that states that they can't be moved to other prisons? How can Ademoyega lie about fighting Ifeajuna let alone that he was in the same prison with Ifeajuna? Even more so, when he mentioned a witness to the fight. Ademoyega can lie about winning the fight but he can't lie about having a fight.

'The 18th battalion took Warri without incident. Major Chukwuka released Major Adewale Ademoyega from Warri prison before making his radio broadcast to the people of the Delta (9). Discerning listeners knew that Chukwuka was one of the January 1966 coup plotters in Lagos who had killed Chief Festus Okotie-Eboh, a son of Warri, Federal Minister for Finance and arguably the Midwest's most influential politician at that time. Ademoyega had been transferred to Warri from Uyo prison after a fistfight with Major Emmanuel Ifeajuna over the ultimate failure of their coup in Lagos.'

http://www.dawodu.net/midwest.htm

Another source from Max Siollun's book

http://books.google.ca/books?id=S1s9EqmAN1IC&pg=PA67&lpg=PA67&dq=ademoyega+ifeajuna+prison&source=bl&ots=kC3YQs_s3I&sig=0QJsMl9ydKdp6NUsw4453NKXZR4&hl=en&sa=X&ei=emeGUsH-K-X4yQGsh4HoAw&ved=0CCgQ6AEwADgK#v=onepage&q=ademoyega%20ifeajuna%20prison&f=false

2. Only the most dishonest fellows would include Kpera amongst plotters when Kpera, along with others such as the murdered Oyegoke, were misled by Nzeogwu. The Special Branch Report also states that the junior officers were threatened with death if they didn't cooperate. And one dullard here is arguing that there was representation from all sides in the coup. There are 250 ethnic groups in Nigeria. One group produced 23 out of 27 plotters and these plotters killed others outside of their group. Those are the facts.

Another Dawodu.com grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

give us an independent source that collaborates the prison fight, is it too much to ask?
show us any other account that states categorically that Ademoyega was conned into the coup plot?

stop quoting Dawodu.com for me please, i ve read what he is writing he is quoting the book "why we struck"

tell us why the then regional heads who tried all of them could not absolve his complicity rather jail him? do you think you can just lie and i will believe it, bros, think again.

I am waiting.

BTW you have changed mouth that he was transferred because i told you he was in Enugu prison, now transfer don enter your mouth, it wont take long before that story will change.

Ifeajuna was in UYO while ADE was in Enugu, abeg na spiritual fight? grin grin

Re: Col. Ben Gbulie, One Of The 1966 Coupists Speaks On The Coup And Awo by fluteman: 7:56pm On Nov 15, 2013
jp philips:

please if you have comprehension issues don't take it out on my post, nobody hired you to moderate a discussion that you lack the grey matter to understand its bearing, be warned!!
this thread has a moderator already and needs no extra one, if you have a counter fact to oppose or support any position you throw it on the table.

Why cant you wait for Kats to provide another independent source to collaborate his prison lies before jumping on his praise wagon,if you are not intellectually lazy.

There are a plethora of accounts out there, wait for Katsumoto, to show us where someone else collaborated that prison story or his being conned to participate in the coup.

You cannot accept to be fooled always,

this is an excerpt from this source

[url]http://www.gamji.com/article8000/NEWS8721.htm
[/url]

I hate to brandish internet sources, because every m0r0n like me have the right to post any nonsense online.
Kats showed me where Ademoyega wrote in his book that he fought ifeajuna in prison, and i said i don't believe Ademoyega, the source dawodu.com is not convincing enough for me, because those people are reading same books that were written to deceive the public on his involvement.

I started this argument forming my opinion on the transcript of the Aburu conference which served as the truth and re conciliatory panel at the time.
The transcript was released by the then administrator of Ghana Nkrumah who apparently, has no vested interest, save to make peace. so it is safe to assume that he doesn't have a reason to alter the transcript.

Lol...

You are actually the m0r0n with very limited brain matter (probably less than that of a fish), if you cannot understand that they were formally in the same prison but moved to separate prison after the imbroglio.

You are so slow to realize that the Aburi recording will only acknowledge the prisons they were released from.

Why are you acting so dumb?.....gosh

2 Likes

Re: Col. Ben Gbulie, One Of The 1966 Coupists Speaks On The Coup And Awo by jpphilips(m): 8:01pm On Nov 15, 2013
fluteman:

Lol...

You are actually the slowpoke with very limited brain matter (probably less than that of a fish), if you cannot understand that they were formally in the same prison but moved to separate prison after the imbroglio. Why are you acting so dumb.....gosh

was it your father that put them there? or because Ademoyega wrote it in his book i must believe it?
No other actor in that coup has collaborated that part of Ademoyega's book and i have this sure feeling that he smuggled it in to absolve himself from a failed coup.
Re: Col. Ben Gbulie, One Of The 1966 Coupists Speaks On The Coup And Awo by PhysicsQED(m): 8:30pm On Nov 15, 2013
@ Katsumoto

It's true that Ademoyega and Ifeajuna fought, but could you provide a source (from Ademoyega's book or any interviews) where he suggests that the reason they fought is because he thought he "was sold a dummy" or "conned"?

I ask, because Ademoyega mentions that they became friends again later (after the fight). It seems more likely that they were blaming each other after the failed coup and the fight might have had something to with what was perceived as Ifeajuna's incompetence in carrying out their part (Ifeajuna's and Ademoyega's part) of the coup.
Re: Col. Ben Gbulie, One Of The 1966 Coupists Speaks On The Coup And Awo by Nobody: 8:33pm On Nov 15, 2013
My country, Nigeria, a complex and complicated country. In plotting a coup, there must be quota system. Even in killings, there must be quota system and ethnic balancing. I guess quota system was the LAST thing on the mind of the plotters of the coup of Jan 1966. But in Nigeria, that is the most important thing.

Nigerians are miracle workers. Only in Nigeria will a coup executed by few disgruntled army officers be termed an 'Igbo coup'. In other words the sins of a few individuals have become the sins of a whole ethnic group. That is Nigeria for you. We cannot differentiate between individuals and their place of origin or ethnic group.

Meanwhile, the same people that propound and propagate these wicked theories are on the other hand talking of lack of development and progress and ethnic bigotry in the present day Nigeria. What an irony! Do we truely expect real progress in a country with faulty foundations- so much hatred, suspicion among ethnic groups, lack of patriotism, distrust, ethnic bigotry,etc?

Just like the propagandists termed a mistaken, badly executed failed coup by few disgruntled army officers an "igbo coup" just to have an excuse to grab power at the centre in 1966, the vultures are also gathered today desperately looking for power. Only that the propaganda this time is either that the president is 'weak' in dealing with Boko Haram, or the NOISE about massive corruption, poverty, lack of infrastructure,etc, as if these problems were created by the current president. Only God knows what they would have called the current president if he had deployed massively and fully against Boko Haram from day one. Obviously, the president learnt from history and acted wisely. Behind these well oiled propaganda against the current president, just like in 1966, is desperation to grab power. Once the power returns to the born to rule elements and their willing slaves, all the NOISE will automatically die down and all the problems will be swept under the carpet (not solved), saved for a future date when they are needed.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Buhari Signs Last Bill For 2016 Into Law (photo) / Fatima Yelwa Goje Buried As Saraki, Others Attend (Photos) / God Discovered And Made Me Governor Not You, Emmanuel Tells Akpabio

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 165
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.