Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,867 members, 7,802,798 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:46 PM

Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? (36804 Views)

5 Useless Behaviours Ladies Exhibit That Make Guys Run Away From Them / Reasons Why Many Nigerian Guys Run Away From Committed Relationships / Why Do Most Men Feel Insecured About Independent Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Dannyxy(m): 9:56am On Nov 15, 2013
ogugua88: Women who are successful and financially independent intimidate some men for at least a few reasons:

1. They're confident, which can sometimes be interpreted as arrogance.
2. They have their own money and can buy their own things, support themselves, etc.
3. They can make a man feel inferior or inadequate, due to reasons given in point 2.

Men, particularly African men, are raised thinking that they are to be the provider; sole more than likely. Gender stereotyping is still rampant. A woman is to cook and clean; a man is to work. A woman who can do what a man can do renders a man useless.

A lot of men have egos, even if they won't admit it in front of women. In all honesty, however, there are some independent women out there who behave like they have both an egg and sperm. I, personally, think men should be more open to independent women as they've got a lot to offer. They're fierce, bold, and can be your rock in tough times. Meanwhile, independent women should be the go-getters that they are and still be womanly. Make a man feel like the man he is; you don't have to do all and be all because you're successful. No one likes a woman with an attitude, regardless of her wealth, fame, beauty, or whichever assets she may have.
on scale of 1-100, 90 percent of this ladies have an attitude, i don't knw if it's only in africa(nigeria to be precised), as i have not really mixed with people of other races.. They big question is:why the attitude? Is it that with success comes attitude and arogance in women?
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Dannyxy(m): 9:59am On Nov 15, 2013
wasak:

1. they are not confident, they are arrogant, I may have to say this. there was a time my pops went broke and mom was d 1 feeding d family, she maintained the fact that she was in control and till date she cares to tell whoever is ready to listen (She's a good person but She's still a woman)
there are several other situations I've personally witnessed.
2. No one restricts a lady from buying things for herself, the only problem is when she starts buying for the. man, when she starts feeding the home, I tell u, any man in such a situation will turn houseboy unless he knows how to play his card with women. a man may feed. his wife. for. 10 years without having to mention it to a third party, but if. a woman does Same for a day, all her friends would know!!!
3. it's a general thing for women to Look down on people below. them in social status, the beautiful ones Look down on the less beautiful, the wealthy ones Look down on the average ones, the intelligent ones look down on the less intelligent! y do u think most women want to appear flashy? it's not necessarily to attract men, in most cases they do so to diss their fellow women....
as a man... I know my Bleep.ing onions, once beaten, shy till eternity!!!
if u c a humble woman praise her parents...
bro you have said it all

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Dannyxy(m): 10:05am On Nov 15, 2013
kulyie: 1.Ego will never let me
2.i cannot stand any man telling me what to do,where to go,what to wear,when not to go out,when not to party, who to talk to,who not to talk to,infact,i cant take it.
3.two egoistic people cannot live under the same roof.
4. i cannot give up my independence for nada
5. After studying the regemented lifestyle of many african married women,e.g wake up as early as 4am,tidy the house,cook for mr husband,get the kids ready for school,prepare for work,come back home, take the kids back from school,prepare supper for mr husband,wash etc,i cannot live such a life.i refuse to let circumstances dictate the kind of life i live especially when such sacrificial life might be appreciated or might not even be appreciated
6.mrs wife always comes last in the list of priority in many marriages
7.i dont have to be distracted by any man did this and that nonsense,inlaw craps etc
8.no need hoping,wishing or praying no one cheats etc
9.share my salary with nobody except the people i choose to
10. Live my life for nobody since no one is looking up to me or waiting for me to do this and that for him.
miss, none of this reasons is substancial enough, are you telling me that because of some silly ego, you will not get married?

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Ruq: 10:13am On Nov 15, 2013
^^
from the post you can tell Kulyie is a guy

The P as been said, except the one with extreme humbleness, Which is very rare. They naturally tend to not give hoots when they're independent, you'll rarely find a guy who doesn't like independent ladies, it's just that the independence is usually accompanied with bossy attitudes which later turns out to seeing the man as unimportant because she can virtually provide almost anything she needs for herself, except fuckin herself. Then any slight mistake you make the thunder of words will fall on you, and men who naturally have egos will feel bruised like me. The P is no matter how independent a lady is she should see the connotation in the phrase "it's a mans world". That's why a lot of them are freakin single and the married ones are now divorced.

I really appreciate independent ladies and ladies who are reasonably dependent not like the hoes we have this days.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Nobody: 10:13am On Nov 15, 2013
Dannyxy: miss, none of this reasons is substancial enough, are telling that because of some silly ego, you will not get married?
to you,it is not substantial enough,to me it is and much more and to your next question,YES,I WILL NOT AND I HAVE NOT AND I DID NOT DIE,THANK YOU.....

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Nobody: 10:15am On Nov 15, 2013
Ruq: ^^
from the post you can tell Kulyie is a guy
sorry i dont have a tail in between my thighs,thank you smiley
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Dannyxy(m): 10:16am On Nov 15, 2013
lynpetra: Damn it,some men are confused beings.They agitate for self -dependent women only to run away when they are successful.IMO,such men are less than cowards. undecided

@op,sweety how have you been??Don't worry I wud be a wealthy and submissive wifey.The only problem is if you buy me d latest Toyota ride,I wud retaliate by buying you the latest Range Rover?? wink
i really don't mind if a woman is confident and independent, as along as it does not turn to arrogances.. I no wan make nobody come see me finish..... Lyn i am gud, i really missed you, you just went m.i.a, i dey vex angry angry... i love this lady already, can we just marry now? kiss kiss. what if i come buy you aeroplane, wetin u go buy my me? tongue

1 Like

Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Nobody: 10:27am On Nov 15, 2013
Dannyxy: i really don't mind if a woman is confident and independent, as along as it does not turn to arrogances.. I no wan make nobody come see me finish..... Lyn i am gud, i really missed you, you just went m.i.a, i dey vex angry angry... i love this lady already, can we just marry now? kiss kiss. what if i come buy you aeroplane, wetin u go buy my me? tongue
lmao she go buy you horse chariot,lobatan grin
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by wasak(m): 10:30am On Nov 15, 2013
kulyie: sorry i dont have a tail in between my thighs,thank you smiley
if u are a female I really sympathize with u in advance!
what exactly is civilization? the ever rising divorce rate advanced countries or the fast disappearing institution of marriage?
every ship needs a captain.. two captains can't mount a ship..u can't change the universal order of things, it is undeniable that every society has members who have separate roles, it is only when these roles are discharged effectively that a society attains equilibrium.

good luck!

14 Likes

Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Ruq: 10:32am On Nov 15, 2013
^^ word
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Ruq: 10:36am On Nov 15, 2013
kulyie: sorry i dont have a tail in between my thighs,thank you smiley

And that tail is what is responsible for giving you heavenly feelings ?

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by willyray(m): 11:36am On Nov 15, 2013
i dont see what the fuss is all about

[img]http:///ogPF/.jpg[/img][img]http:///ogPN/.jpg[/img]
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Nobody: 11:41am On Nov 15, 2013
wasak:
if u are a female I really sympathize with u in advance!
what exactly is civilization? the ever rising divorce rate advanced countries or the fast disappearing institution of marriage?
every ship needs a captain.. two captains can't mount a ship..u can't change the universal order of things, it is undeniable that every society has members who have separate roles, it is only when these roles are discharged effectively that a society attains equilibrium.

good luck!
sympathize with yourself first for being so mentally shallow.

Secondly,i will not be the first or last independent unmarried woman,there are millions of women who share my school of thought and there are also millions who do not,if it makes you angry,you can get me arrested,thank you...smiley

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by MrAboki: 11:42am On Nov 15, 2013
Because the more money a woman makes... The bigger the bittch in her...

Plus most of the Niggas that run away from such women are pussyniggas.. Sadly, Real niggas are scarce in supply and when you find them, they are off the market... grin

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Goldenheart(m): 11:43am On Nov 15, 2013
I wouldn't run...
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by charles316: 11:43am On Nov 15, 2013
the truth is that most financially dependent women are too full of themselves. the money they have get into their head. When most women are financially ok,they feel that they dont need men in their lives. How many rich or successful women are happily married? . genevieve,kate henshaw, chika ike,rita dominic etc..

Like someone said.....The more money a woman makes... The bigger the bittch in her...

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Nobody: 11:44am On Nov 15, 2013
Ruq:

And that tail is what is responsible for giving you heavenly feelings ?
gringringringringrin go and ask in google,ministry of women affairs,ministry of vagina investigation company,director of jamb or heaven where i get the heavenly feelings from
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Lilimax(f): 11:44am On Nov 15, 2013
A lot of men are egotistical, proud and conceited...
They want to lord over the women at all times angry.

Although we still have a lot of gold diggers out there lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Nobody: 11:45am On Nov 15, 2013
to live longer!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by rodriogo: 11:45am On Nov 15, 2013
bcuz of *huz boi tinz*simple
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by nbright: 11:47am On Nov 15, 2013
Depends on the character
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Nobody: 11:47am On Nov 15, 2013
They run because they're usually intimidated or cause they wanna be the financially successful person in the relationship.

However I believe this (whoever is more financially successful) shouldn't matter as long as there's love and understanding in the relationship.

Some men are just chickens!

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Lilimax(f): 11:47am On Nov 15, 2013
charles316: the truth is that most financially dependent women are too full of themselves. the money they have get into their head. When most women are financially ok,they feel that they dont need men in their lives. How many rich or successful women are happily married? . genevieve,kate henshaw, chika ike,rita dominic etc..

Like someone said.....The more money a woman makes... The bigger the bittch in her...

We have a lot of them out there?
The list of names you mentioned are one sided? Celebs are not the only rich ladies we have out there...

We have alot of ladies that are successful in their various field of endeavours and with stable homes.
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by nerodenero: 11:48am On Nov 15, 2013
ogugua88: You haven't met all women. You can't judge them all because of one or two instances. It's all perception.
Well said.
ogugua88: 1. There's a thin line between confidence and arrogance.
Again well said but most women who are very rich tend to be arrogant. I am not generalizing, it is obvious and some factual women on this forum can attest that.
ogugua88: 2. There's nothing wrong with a woman spending on a man.
Well said but at the same time, it is not always good to receive without reciprocating. It becomes boring and makes the man feel lesser than a man when the woman does virtually everything. It is normal for the woman to get frustrated and everything can change almost immediately.
ogugua88: 3. It's not a general thing for women to look down on others. Not all of them.
Yes, that is true and it is not a general thing for men to look down on others too
ogugua88: 4. It's not good to generalize.
Inasmuch as it is not good to generalize things but there are issues that are synonymous with rich women. You can't take arrogance away from them.
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Nobody: 11:48am On Nov 15, 2013
Mr Aboki: Because the more money a woman makes... The bigger the bittch in her...

Plus most of the Niggas that run away from such women are pussyniggas.. Sadly, Real niggas are scarce in supply and when you find them, they are off the market... grin
really? cheesy so the longer a man's preek is,the bigger his money right? Try lati malo common sense e die die na grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by nbright: 11:49am On Nov 15, 2013
Dannyxy: I have noticed that women who are very succesful and have attained an appreciable status quo, never get married on time? At times they never marry at all, and according to them, the guys are running away.. Why?
The guys aren't running away... The women are running after men higher up... They wouldn't want to settle for "less"...

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Nobody: 11:51am On Nov 15, 2013
2.i cannot stand any man telling me what to do,where to go,what to wear,when not to go out,when not to party, who to talk to,who not to talk to,infact,i cant take it.
5. After studying the regemented lifestyle of many african married women,e.g wake up as early as 4am,tidy the house,cook for mr husband,get the kids ready for school,prepare for work,come back home, take the kids back from school,prepare supper for mr husband,wash etc,i cannot live such a life.i refuse to let circumstances dictate the kind of life i live especially when such sacrificial life might be appreciated or might not even be appreciated
7.i dont have to be distracted by any man did this and that nonsense,inlaw craps etc
10. Live my life for nobody since no one is looking up to me or waiting for me to do this and that for him.

This is what men today have got to put up with because of modern feminism...every woman, including the ugly ones can demand and make silly requirements because she has something between her legs. I can assure you guys that this girl is not attractive...trust me she is not!

Have you all observe that this "Strong Independent Successful woman" syndrome is only used by black women? It's a euphemism for single black women who are lacking in the beauty department, have attitude( like we see with the comment above) and can't find or keep a man. They will tell you...men are intimidated by me. Nonsense...how can a MAN be intimated by a woman? Except he is not a man. Maybe he is ashamed that he doesn't meet your standard but NEVER intimidated.

29 Likes

Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by moscobabs(m): 11:51am On Nov 15, 2013
@op... have u married? if yes, u will realise that women attitude change when they are richer than their husbands.AND we men need to control our homes.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Erotex(m): 11:52am On Nov 15, 2013
Ask Genny & Rita
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Nobody: 11:52am On Nov 15, 2013
11. Then Live alone, like the old maid of manhattan who loved nobody and touched nobody's life at her end she became nobody,because everybody felt she didnt make anybody worth somebody in her life and then she was eventually treated like ..... Ur guess is as good as mine. Ur success is just going to be like a speck in the dust! It will fade away like d grass once ure gone, with no one to carry on you successful legacies.. I wonder how some women are naturally short sighted in acts and in words!

11 Likes

Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by youngmega: 11:57am On Nov 15, 2013
cos their shakara too much

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

How Do I Tell Him That I Am Not In Love With Him? / Two Men Fight Over A Prostitute In Lagos, One Stabbed To Death / Share Ur Worst Experience In A Party (devil's Basket).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.