Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,149 members, 7,807,478 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:00 PM

I Have A Date Tonight. But Here's The Problem. - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Have A Date Tonight. But Here's The Problem. (5145 Views)

Many Relationships Will End Tonight In Nigeria If U Take Away This PHRASE (pics) / So Many Ladies Over The Age Of 30, Please What Is The Problem!!!? / Women Are Not Always The Problem In Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Have A Date Tonight. But Here's The Problem. by Danhumprey: 1:24pm On Nov 15, 2013
Dannylux: just two hours? angry
2hrs too small? grin
Re: I Have A Date Tonight. But Here's The Problem. by Nobody: 1:37pm On Nov 15, 2013
Why choose a cinema when you know your dilemma? Go with Idowuogbo's advice, at least when you fall asleep she's know why wink
Re: I Have A Date Tonight. But Here's The Problem. by Teespice(f): 1:51pm On Nov 15, 2013
jay bee: Sleep during the day

Stay away from films > 90 minutes

Stay away from certain genres

Get involved with the touchy touchy business with your date (This should get your body and soul engaged)

hmmm. be more explicit. what is touchy touchy business?
Re: I Have A Date Tonight. But Here's The Problem. by Wizdray: 2:08pm On Nov 15, 2013
freecocoa: Where did I say he should chew gum?
Sowie Ma bt u did mentioned "chewing" n0t a 'gum' anyway. Maybe u mean Kolanut
Re: I Have A Date Tonight. But Here's The Problem. by tshegs19: 2:09pm On Nov 15, 2013
Vivly: Lmao @ comments.
You could glue your eyelids to your eyebrows with cellotape. That way, even while you are asleep, your eyes would be wide open
Hahaha
Re: I Have A Date Tonight. But Here's The Problem. by mykejones(m): 2:24pm On Nov 15, 2013
Two hours, thirty minutes to my date time and I'm still at work. And seriously contemplating of sleeping cry.

I have entered one chance today.
Re: I Have A Date Tonight. But Here's The Problem. by shikenosa: 2:49pm On Nov 15, 2013
OP jez cari blanket oo...wat is wat doin is wat doin well... ;DOP jez cari blanket oo...wat is wat doin is wat doin well...
Re: I Have A Date Tonight. But Here's The Problem. by UjSizzle(f): 3:01pm On Nov 15, 2013
jay bee: Sleep during the day

Stay away from films > 90 minutes

Stay away from certain genres

Get involved with the touchy touchy business with your date (This should get your body and soul engaged)

Hah!! cheesy

OP buy a bucket of popcorn, and 2litre of coke. Watch an action movie or horror. One will keep the buzz on, the other will leave you too scared to fall asleep on her.
Beware of having her sit close to another guy. If you do fall asleep, you don't want her getting into the business of touchy touchy with the other dude cheesy.
To facilitate the touchy process, tell her to wear something sexy, preferably a boob revealing gown. If the movie is boring, you can keep your eyes engaged on the milkshakes wink

Finally, DO NOT FALL ASLEEP angry
or you could wake up the next day to realise your wallet is gone.
Re: I Have A Date Tonight. But Here's The Problem. by cherieb2(f): 4:08pm On Nov 15, 2013
Try not τ̅☺ take anything b4 u go, and even when u ar der dnt take anytthing, taking even a bottle of coke will make you feel slpy. Even if Ȋ̝̊̅ suggest you take only popcorn, you will need water n it will make you heavy...S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ try not τ̅☺ take anything

Btw, going τ̅☺ a cinema on a first date is not d best idea.....no time 2 chat with her.
Re: I Have A Date Tonight. But Here's The Problem. by mykejones(m): 4:13pm On Nov 15, 2013
On my way to pick her up. Haven't had a second of rest all daycry. Anyway sha, what would be, would be...
Re: I Have A Date Tonight. But Here's The Problem. by cycline404(m): 4:32pm On Nov 15, 2013
mykejones: On my way to pick her up. Haven't had a second of rest all daycry. Anyway sha, what would be, would be...

Good Luck bro...... No worry i will help you plead on the gods of sleeping to temper your case with mercy for your hours of stay!
Re: I Have A Date Tonight. But Here's The Problem. by pseudome(f): 4:48pm On Nov 15, 2013
mykejones: And I can't just call off the date cry. I may not get another chance if I dare miss this oppurtunitycheesy.

Chewing gums doesn't help either. I've once tried it, it didn't work. I have also tried the "minding my phone syndrom", that's another easy way for me to reach wonderland in record speed. Facing a big screen generally does that to me cry.

But today o, this date o, I must go ni

OMG I just can't stop laffing frm ur opening statement till dis one now and all d funny suggestions, which has helped clear d sleep dat is worrying me in my offc.

Since u can't avoid d date n u knw for sure that u r gonna sleep just beta relax n hope 4 d best afta d movie. Hope u don't snore? Hahahahahaha
Re: I Have A Date Tonight. But Here's The Problem. by Heineken(m): 5:00pm On Nov 15, 2013
Vivly: Lmao @ comments.
You could glue your eyelids to your eyebrows with cellotape. That way, even while you are asleep, your eyes would be wide open
. Some gals bad o. See comment na
Re: I Have A Date Tonight. But Here's The Problem. by Nobody: 5:16pm On Nov 15, 2013
Teespice:

hmmm. be more explicit. what is touchy touchy business?

conji business undecided
Re: I Have A Date Tonight. But Here's The Problem. by mykejones(m): 5:19pm On Nov 15, 2013
Tickets bought:

Thor 2.
5:40pm.
Re: I Have A Date Tonight. But Here's The Problem. by cycline404(m): 5:21pm On Nov 15, 2013
mykejones: Tickets bought:

Thor 2.
5:40pm.

Make sure it is the 3D view version okay u can wear ur glass and sleep she wont know you are sleeping! My 2kobo
Re: I Have A Date Tonight. But Here's The Problem. by Moxie4lyf(m): 5:29pm On Nov 15, 2013
@OP dont Dull ooo...do everything possible not 2 fall asleep...
Buy Kola dey chop if no other remedy works; so begin they look for this aboki mallam dem and get one for yourself
Re: I Have A Date Tonight. But Here's The Problem. by Exponental(m): 5:30pm On Nov 15, 2013
Why did u choose ur weak area in d 1st instance? Anyway, take d last seat. Stand up wen u feel sleepy n take a walk (just tell d babe u took cough syrup in d afternoon).
Re: I Have A Date Tonight. But Here's The Problem. by Nastydroid(m): 5:35pm On Nov 15, 2013
when you are about to feel dizzy just stand up for some seconds and act like you want to adjust your belt
NB:make sure you sit at the back....don't ask me why
Re: I Have A Date Tonight. But Here's The Problem. by Waspy(m): 5:45pm On Nov 15, 2013
AmBeautiful: Well, sleeping while on a date is a serious crime angry

If you know you can't comfortably go to the movies without sleeping off, then try something else for the date.

I don't know your kind of person, neither do i know the girl, or how far you have gone : if not i would have suggested buying all you are gonna eat, drink and getting some real nice, clean movies and both of you sit in and watch. If you watch movies this way, i bet you are not gonna sleep. And i think its much fun watching movies this way, IMO though, i hate going to the cinema.

Find out what she likes and find another location for the date. tongue
Dude, take this advice.......1, it way cheaper and easy. Just one or two 50-in-one DVDs and like #1000 suya with drinks should do. 2, Chances are 101% ( if you know what i mean) in this setting, even before the movie ends lipsrsealed grin
Re: I Have A Date Tonight. But Here's The Problem. by Nobody: 6:05pm On Nov 15, 2013
Easy Peasy, The answer is Power horse, Red bull, coffee, turbo king...I could continue.,
Re: I Have A Date Tonight. But Here's The Problem. by mykejones(m): 6:20pm On Nov 15, 2013
cheesycheesy
I'm still awake!
Re: I Have A Date Tonight. But Here's The Problem. by freecocoa(f): 6:36pm On Nov 15, 2013
^ E never end?
Re: I Have A Date Tonight. But Here's The Problem. by baralatie(m): 7:08pm On Nov 15, 2013
mykejones: cheesycheesy
I'm still awake!
dont come and tel NL boys score is 0-0.dem go ban ur tread.
Re: I Have A Date Tonight. But Here's The Problem. by Idowuogbo(f): 7:31pm On Nov 15, 2013
I'm still awake!
Lmao! Well done grin
Re: I Have A Date Tonight. But Here's The Problem. by Nobody: 7:45pm On Nov 15, 2013
I'm still awake!

the Lord dey with you..grin
Re: I Have A Date Tonight. But Here's The Problem. by 25omega(m): 8:03pm On Nov 15, 2013
Idowuogbo: Lmao! Awww... Jones, pele o!

If na me o, I'll b honest with my date . I'll let him in on my mini-syndrome. He can laugh it off and help me stay up all through, or leave me dere hanging. Either way, I don tell am! So it's up to him to show me how interested he is in making our lil thingy work. Never say never cus even with d remedy and action plan wey u dey rehearse, better sleep fit catch u if d movie no make sense. So u better off letting her know d Koko. Wish u well... Btwn, come dat side come give me d full download. wink
best answer

or have coffee with caffine
Re: I Have A Date Tonight. But Here's The Problem. by Preacherkid: 8:05pm On Nov 15, 2013
Sleep in d afternoon b4 u go n den tak coffee n also chew dat coffee gum wile ur der den d Lord ur God wil tak ova frm der.
Re: I Have A Date Tonight. But Here's The Problem. by Presbulg(m): 8:42pm On Nov 15, 2013
OMG.... grin
Mehn ! is ga gan.

Which kind sleep be that??
On a date?
With a lady I like?
Where dat sleep wan come from?
Re: I Have A Date Tonight. But Here's The Problem. by mykejones(m): 9:17pm On Nov 15, 2013
Phew!
cheesycheesycheesy

I'm sure I didn't sleep.
I'm not too certain, but I'm sure I was awake 95p of the time.

Thanks all you guys. Thanks for the comments and tips. You guys rock! It was fun.

The movie is great too, atleast, the parts I could grasp when I was 100p awakecheesy. So, ya'll head to the cinema to see it too.

On if the date was a success? I wouldn't know. With women, one never knows it all, you know.

Id...cheesy. Yeah, we good!

4 Likes

Re: I Have A Date Tonight. But Here's The Problem. by ayomidis(m): 10:16pm On Nov 15, 2013
So u want to end the story like that? No try am...Oga keep us posted o!
Re: I Have A Date Tonight. But Here's The Problem. by Godson201333(m): 10:21pm On Nov 15, 2013
mykejones: I'l be going on a date later this evening with a girl I very, very much fancy. And going to the cinema to see a movie is supposed to be the pinacle of our outing.
The problem is, I have big issues with going to one. I've only ever been to the cinema on 3 occasions. And on the three occassions, I dozed off in less than 15 minutes only to wake up after the movie had ended. On those three occassions, I went with a close friend, so the fact that I slept off on her wasn't much of a big deal to her. The scenario is different this time around as this is a girl I'm so so interested in and dozing off on her (which I'm almost certain I'l do) is not a great way to kick off.

How do I go about this please? How do I stay awake the whole freaking two hours or more? Exactly what do I do?
Do I just cancel it on the pretence that I was too tired from today's work?
Biko, how do I not mess up myself with this girl I'm trying so hard to impress?

If I could comfortably doze off watching the Die Hard triology by Bruce Willis with all the actions, guns and explosions failing to keep me awake, what other movie would keep me wide eyed the whole hours??

I need honest and sincere tips please. Help a brother here!

That means you are a very boring person and not entertaining and there comes a serious problem for you and your date

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Do Old Men Date Teens These Days? / She Always Come To My Room With Mini Skirt..telling Me Shes Feeling Cold / Funny Conversation Between Daughter & Father

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.