Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,046 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:46 PM

17 Igbos, 2 Others Convert To Islam. - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / 17 Igbos, 2 Others Convert To Islam. (3130 Views)

From A Model To Islam - Joy From Delta State Convert To Islam / 'Its A Peaceful Religion' - Moji Olaiya Converts To Islam / EX-Nigerian Footballer Emeka Ezeugo Convert To Islam. Pix (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

17 Igbos, 2 Others Convert To Islam. by Ddaji(m): 6:17am On Nov 16, 2013
New Muslim converts consisting of 17 Igbos, one
Yoruba and a Northern Hausa Christian were
yesterday in Abuja charged to uphold the tenets of
Islam in order not the lose the essence of their
conversion.
The Chief Imam of Abuja National Mosque, Sheik Musa
Muhammed gave the charge while administering the
Oath of Sha’adah on the converts and pronouncing
their newly adopted Muslim names during the weekly
Jumat Khutbah (Sermon).
All the converts were unanimous in affirming to the
beauty of Islam as well as the virtues seen in Muslims.
They told the Imam that they were attracted by such
qualities to Islam.
The new converts also commended the Chairman of the
Council of Village Heads in Imo State, Chief Musa
(Sylvester) O. Dimunah, who accepted Islam in January
this year. They also commended a former secretary of
the council and the executive secretary of Justice
Mamman Nasir’s Islamic Centre for Peace and Research,
Alhaji Ibrahim Biobo Nlomije, who they said facilitated
their conversion.
Alhaji Nlomije said the acceptance of Islam by the newly
converts was an attestation that Islam is not a sectional
religion. He said such conversion attests to the
achievement of the Justice Nasir’s Centre, which among
others, deepens religious tolerance and opens more
opportunities for non-Muslims to embrace Islam.
He also commended the Bauchi, Imo, Abia and Sokoto
state governments for their assistance to the centre.
The new converts from Imo State are Chief Suleiman
Nwachukwu (Udobundu 1 of Ifakala Mbaitoli), Ibrahim
Uchenna Ukah, Muhammad Sani Stanley Uziogwe, Bello
Kelvin Nmadu, Habibullah Kosoro Ofolete, Jamilu Osita
Agocha, Haruna Chichebem Nwabirika, Abdulazeez
Paschal Iroegbulam, Suleiman Ifeanyi Uzoma, Adam
Nduka Nweko, Dawuda Nnaemeka Uzoma, Aliyu Prince
Onyekwume and Musa (Anayo) Adugbaa.
Others are Abdulmalik Bongo Edet (Cross River), Hassan
Babalola Shegun (Ondo), Nasir Peter Ndubisi (Anambra)
and Bashir Prince Dulla (Akwa Ibom).
It will be recalled that Chief Hassan Ikenna Kelechi Amah
and Mr Ahmed Aka Onyero from Owerri, Imo state were
last August convert to Islam.
Re: 17 Igbos, 2 Others Convert To Islam. by MANGAM(m): 6:28am On Nov 16, 2013
Hmmm
Re: 17 Igbos, 2 Others Convert To Islam. by nafiachi(m): 6:30am On Nov 16, 2013
Masha Allah, may they become a uniting platform in our dear country.
I was at the National mosque too when it took place and u could see the sincerity and joy in their faces.
Abacha's son's wedding fatiha also took place and prayers were offered to the late bukola saraki and to all Muslims and our country Nigeria.
Welcome to Islam
Re: 17 Igbos, 2 Others Convert To Islam. by cashkidisback1(m): 6:34am On Nov 16, 2013
ibos convertin to islam shocked..signs of endtimes cry
Re: 17 Igbos, 2 Others Convert To Islam. by MayorofLagos(m): 6:36am On Nov 16, 2013
Allahu Akbar!
Allahu Akbar!!
Allahu Akbar!!!

May the will of the Father in heaven be done!
Re: 17 Igbos, 2 Others Convert To Islam. by asaajuomo1(m): 6:38am On Nov 16, 2013
Al hamdulilahi
Re: 17 Igbos, 2 Others Convert To Islam. by imsuboi(m): 6:57am On Nov 16, 2013
so? undecided

What's our business if some confused individuals decide to convert to a religion of piss ?

Mtcheeew. Nonsense

2 Likes

Re: 17 Igbos, 2 Others Convert To Islam. by Nnewi1stSon: 6:58am On Nov 16, 2013
Just how far can you folks go in ur pettiness and pathetic state?
17 'Igbos' converting is giving you an e rection? I dont blame you, i blame the Osama bin laden heading Imo state.
If at all there's any iota of truth in this stale news, you can be sure that it doesnt threaten the identity of Igbos as a whole Christian tribe, Igboland will be the last place on this earth for Islam to take root. You can be sure that those folks will henceforth be considered 'outcasts' in their communities. And dont be deceived too, they might as well have done it for money, i remember during my days in Sokoto, how poor and wretched Igbos would convert, only to be rewarded handsomely with cash and property by the Sultan, but after they(the sultanate council) realised that most 'converts' returned to the SE to revert to Christianty, they stopped.
Igbos and Igboland remain a beacon of hope for Christianity!

2 Likes

Re: 17 Igbos, 2 Others Convert To Islam. by ba7man(m): 7:00am On Nov 16, 2013

Re: 17 Igbos, 2 Others Convert To Islam. by Adamskuty(m): 7:03am On Nov 16, 2013
imsu.boi:
so? undecided

What's our business if some confused individuals decide to convert to a religion of piss ?

Mtcheeew. Nonsense
useless deranged moda'fvcker with canoe shape head grin and why do u have to comment if it's none of ur business? ugly monkey with coconut head grin

2 Likes

Re: 17 Igbos, 2 Others Convert To Islam. by milkymesh: 7:06am On Nov 16, 2013
Are you surprised at all. you think an ibo man converted yo islam because of the truth he saw there? SMH. Ibo's will do anything for his business an personal interest.

5 Likes

Re: 17 Igbos, 2 Others Convert To Islam. by owolabifunke14(f): 7:13am On Nov 16, 2013
They made their choice
Re: 17 Igbos, 2 Others Convert To Islam. by konjakonja(m): 7:16am On Nov 16, 2013
Potential bombers had been absorbed into the international religion of terrorism.

2 Likes

Re: 17 Igbos, 2 Others Convert To Islam. by 9jii(m): 7:18am On Nov 16, 2013
Nnewi1stSon: Just how far can you folks go in ur pettiness and pathetic state?
17 'Igbos' converting is giving you an e rection? I dont blame you, i blame the Osama bin laden heading Imo state.
If at all there's any iota of truth in this stale news, you can be sure that it doesnt threaten the identity of Igbos as a whole Christian tribe, Igboland will be the last place on this earth for Islam to take root. You can be sure that those folks will henceforth be considered 'outcasts' in their communities. And dont be deceived too, they might as well have done it for money, i remember during my days in Sokoto, how poor and wretched Igbos would convert, only to be rewarded handsomely with cash and property by the Sultan, but after they(the sultanate council) realised that most 'converts' returned to the SE to revert to Christianty, they stopped.

This hurts you well well guy

1 Like

Re: 17 Igbos, 2 Others Convert To Islam. by Polio: 7:18am On Nov 16, 2013
konjakonja: Potential bombers had been absorbed into the international religion of terrorism.

Idio....t

Making such reckless comments won't benefit you in anyway
Re: 17 Igbos, 2 Others Convert To Islam. by abdulkayus(m): 7:20am On Nov 16, 2013
Allahu Akbar. Alhamdulillah. Its their choice, and no compulsion in religion. They are all welcome to d true religion of God.
Re: 17 Igbos, 2 Others Convert To Islam. by Nutase: 7:20am On Nov 16, 2013
Alhamdullilah.
May Allah reward sincerity and keep them in the light.
Re: 17 Igbos, 2 Others Convert To Islam. by Nobody: 7:24am On Nov 16, 2013
Madness
Re: 17 Igbos, 2 Others Convert To Islam. by Abbey2sam(m): 7:24am On Nov 16, 2013
#9jaBlogsBeLike peter of psquare nd boo caught drinking purewater #clickhere to drink with dem

So if dem convert nko?
Wetin come concern me for there.......

No be that same virgin story the Immam take deceive them.......lol

They wan go fvck virgins for heaven
Odiakwa very serious
Re: 17 Igbos, 2 Others Convert To Islam. by konjakonja(m): 7:25am On Nov 16, 2013
Polio:

Idio....t

Making such reckless comments won't benefit you in anyway
Bomber isn't killing of non-muslims your greatest source of joy?

2 Likes

Re: 17 Igbos, 2 Others Convert To Islam. by abu12: 7:32am On Nov 16, 2013
Nnewi1stSon: Just how far can you folks go in ur pettiness and pathetic state?

What is this one saying now ?

grin grin grin grin shocked.
Re: 17 Igbos, 2 Others Convert To Islam. by shagaribarau: 7:43am On Nov 16, 2013
alhamdulilahi
Re: 17 Igbos, 2 Others Convert To Islam. by Nobody: 7:54am On Nov 16, 2013
Stop all this islamic insults.

Islam is a religion of peace. if you dont believe, they ll kill you.

1 Like

Re: 17 Igbos, 2 Others Convert To Islam. by aariwa(m): 8:03am On Nov 16, 2013
Most of the igbos who made money from hausa fulanis did not even convert to islam i.e the orji uzor kalus,rochas,nicholas ukachukwus e.t.c.N orthern Muslims know that igbo people love xtianity and only a very desperate igbo man would leave xtianity for islam.Hausa fulanis are wary of money desperados.Most of them i know of who converted to islam for pecuniary reasons died poor.SMH
Re: 17 Igbos, 2 Others Convert To Islam. by eggheaders(m): 8:04am On Nov 16, 2013
One thing I notice about the eastern Christians, they are more fanatic than the northerns they criticize everytime. For a region where its very hard for Anglicans to marry Catholics speak volume of this set of humanoids.

1 Like

Re: 17 Igbos, 2 Others Convert To Islam. by aariwa(m): 8:08am On Nov 16, 2013
the only exception is chibuzo abdul azeez udeh who converted in order to secure funds from islamic groups in saudi arabia to build non existent mosques across Nigeria.
Re: 17 Igbos, 2 Others Convert To Islam. by SU37fighter: 8:09am On Nov 16, 2013
And what's political about this useless thread?
Isn't there a religious section somewhere?.
Re: 17 Igbos, 2 Others Convert To Islam. by SU37fighter: 8:12am On Nov 16, 2013
Only islam broadcast their 'conversion'.
Hundreds of muslim northerners are converted to christianity everyday,yet you don't see them making noise.
Re: 17 Igbos, 2 Others Convert To Islam. by konjakonja(m): 8:14am On Nov 16, 2013
eggheaders: One thing I notice about the eastern Christians, they are more fanatic than the northerns they criticize everytime. For a region where its very hard for Anglicans to marry Catholics speak volume of this set of humanoids.
Agreed,but we don't go out there to bomb any mosque or slaughter school children in the name of you must follow Jesus

3 Likes

Re: 17 Igbos, 2 Others Convert To Islam. by eggheaders(m): 8:16am On Nov 16, 2013
konjakonja: Agreed,but we don't go out there to bomb any mosque or slaughter school children in the name of you must follow Jesus

Can you say that loud to Joseph kony, Amish Christian group in USA and the bloody war between the catholics and Anglicans in north Ireland.
Re: 17 Igbos, 2 Others Convert To Islam. by Onlytruth(m): 8:20am On Nov 16, 2013
Some of the names I see with the new converts are incongruous and religiously conflicting.

Check this one out for example Nasir Peter Ndubisi

Peter is a CHRISTIAN name, and not just any Christian name but an arch Christian name.
The Muslims do not believe that Jesus is the SON OF GOD. They also do not believe that he rose from the dead. Peter was the head of Jesus' apostles and he epitomized and founded Christianity which no one can be part of if he does not believe that Jesus is God's begotten son.

It is like a Jew converting to Islam and going by the name of Ismaila Yitzhak Sharon undecided
The Muslims believe that Ishmael (not Isaac-Yitzhak) was Abraham's son who was to be sacrificed by the patriach.

So, I will start to take my Muslim Igbo brothers seriously when they shed the last Christianity in their veins after converting.

The sheep might join the cult of lions, but the urge to say "baa" occassionally is often still strong! cheesy
Re: 17 Igbos, 2 Others Convert To Islam. by ProfessorPeter(m): 8:22am On Nov 16, 2013
Let them go to Sokoto, Kano or any state in northwest of Nigeria, go to mosque during prayer, stand up to lead prayer. If u are alive, u will know that to them. You are not a real Muslim. D real Muslim are Hausa/Fulani. During religious crises, others Muslims are fake.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Has The Qur’an Been Perfectly Preserved? / Eid-El Maulud, A Rallying Point Of Unity / Emir Sanusi Lamido Sanusi: Shia Or Sunni?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.