Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,484 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:18 PM

Designing A Home Theater Cinema On A Budget - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Designing A Home Theater Cinema On A Budget (14579 Views)

The Movie The Green Eyed Is Hitting Cinema On The 6th Of Feb / My Experience Of "Half Of A Yellow Sun" At The Cinema / Colorado Theater Shooting: 14 dead, 50 Wounded (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Designing A Home Theater Cinema On A Budget by chineloSA(f): 10:20pm On Nov 17, 2013
davidylan: Changing the seats worked a treat to be honest. the other things i added include wall panels (to improve the sound) and blue strip lights to recreate the cinema effect. The room with lights on -

I am very impressed o, looking at the fact that you said you have budget issues. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Its what you wanted and what you could afford. Comfort, style. Well done. wink wink wink wink wink wink

I also opened a thread for my bedroom sometime ago, I am busy also changing my four roomed flat, money is devil oooo. My project is slow and I am also busy working on other projects grin grin grin grin grin But I will share on Nairaland

I agree with @ all4naija, Nigerians have to learn alot about interior decor. Our houses can be somehow and some of us carry that abroad and continue with what we are used to. Though some of us its budget that is a problem, but alot its ignorance grin grin grin grin Beautiful decor can be achieved with little budget as well. smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Designing A Home Theater Cinema On A Budget by Nobody: 1:04am On Nov 18, 2013
davidylan:

Bigger screen will have to wait till next year. It will set me back a lot more than i am willing to spend right now. I love my wall colors, they will never change. By the way, why does everyone think white does not work in a home theater?

It will make it look like a normal sitting room.
Nice concept anyway. I used mine for gym and hubby's video game section.
Re: Designing A Home Theater Cinema On A Budget by Nobody: 1:29am On Nov 18, 2013
davidylan:

You must not be reading the posts. Let me repeat for the 3rd time - i will be swapping the LED screen for a black diamond 92 in projector screen next fall. Rome wasnt built in one day.
Why not? Please, you need to stop complaining about budget then when you can barely make a sense of what you are trying to talk about. That room didn't even fit for a home theater in the first place.
Re: Designing A Home Theater Cinema On A Budget by Nobody: 1:55am On Nov 18, 2013
chineloSA:

I am very impressed o, looking at the fact that you said you have budget issues. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Its what you wanted and what you could afford. Comfort, style. Well done. wink wink wink wink wink wink

I also opened a thread for my bedroom sometime ago, I am busy also changing my four roomed flat, money is devil oooo. My project is slow and I am also busy working on other projects grin grin grin grin grin But I will share on Nairaland

I agree with @ all4naija, Nigerians have to learn alot about interior decor. Our houses can be somehow and some of us carry that abroad and continue with what we are used to. Though some of us its budget that is a problem, but alot its ignorance grin grin grin grin Beautiful decor can be achieved with little budget as well. smiley smiley smiley smiley

Yep. I basically built it with some spare change since i didnt want to commit too much to what would basically be used perhaps 2-3 times a week. I havent had much experience with home decor, this is my first attempt dabbling into it so i'm sure there are a lot of things that could be improved. The plan is to improve it over the coming months.

I'm not sure all4naija is as much interested in interior decor as he is basically belittling everything. I just ignore folks like that... if he has anything better he can create a thread and show us.
Re: Designing A Home Theater Cinema On A Budget by Nobody: 1:57am On Nov 18, 2013
all4naija: Why not? Please, you need to stop complaining about budget then when you can barely make a sense of what you are trying to talk about. That room didn't even fit for a home theater in the first place.

This is the last time i will engage your irrational ignorance. A budget is exactly what it is - a means of prioritizing not a sign of a lack of resources. The 2 paradigm signature S8 speakers alone cost more than some of the cars you folks drive.

To each his own.

1 Like

Re: Designing A Home Theater Cinema On A Budget by igbonla(m): 2:32am On Nov 18, 2013
Nice setup even with the budget, I look forward to the update in 2014 when you upgrade some of the components. Will post a thread I used back then when I was setting up mine, if I can still find it.

I went with a Yamaha receiver, PSB speakers, SVS sub and an oppo blu-ray, it's a 5.1 system which I wont be upgrading except for the screen and the decor.

Good job!
Re: Designing A Home Theater Cinema On A Budget by Nobody: 3:21am On Nov 18, 2013
igbonla: Nice setup even with the budget, I look forward to the update in 2014 when you upgrade some of the components. Will post a thread I used back then when I was setting up mine, if I can still find it.

I went with a Yamaha receiver, PSB speakers, SVS sub and an oppo blu-ray, it's a 5.1 system which I wont be upgrading except for the screen and the decor.

Good job!

I definitely will update in january when i have the paradigms in place. What brand of PSB speakers do you have? Coupled with NAD recievers/Amps, i believe the PSB combo is about the best musically sounding speakers for the money. Looking to get an oppo blu-ray in january as well. As for the SVS, i just have to bow to you... good choice!
Re: Designing A Home Theater Cinema On A Budget by UjSizzle(f): 6:41am On Nov 18, 2013
all4naija: Lol, bro. Is that a self-consolation? We are here to criticize for the good of all. Nigerians need to start aiming for high standard. I hope you will agree with me while looking at what are already on ground all over the country.
Geez back off dude. Did you miss the part of the topic that read "on a budget"? undecided

Davidylan I'll miss that ratan chair(loved the way it looked), but what you have now will serve better smiley
Oh and your house looks sumptuous cheesy When u inviting moi over? cheesy
Re: Designing A Home Theater Cinema On A Budget by Nobody: 7:00am On Nov 18, 2013
some persons just wanna mock the op.they complain everything.when doin a project(on a budget) like this you start small.with time the op will adjust the theater to a higher standard.and op do not rush into buying things even if it takes you 1/2yrs to upgrade it cus with stuff like this u are always getting new ideas on what to change or introduce.and i think as time goes more pple will wanna have their own home theater.nice one op
Re: Designing A Home Theater Cinema On A Budget by Nobody: 8:38am On Nov 18, 2013
Nice concept...
Re: Designing A Home Theater Cinema On A Budget by LordReed(m): 12:11pm On Nov 18, 2013
I know you like white but for that theater effect you should switch to a more muted colour, maybe wood browns/blonds or other earthy tones considering you like your white. Personally I'd go for something darker to give more atmoshere.
Re: Designing A Home Theater Cinema On A Budget by Nobody: 6:31pm On Nov 18, 2013
davidylan:

This is the last time i will engage your irrational ignorance. A budget is exactly what it is - a means of prioritizing not a sign of a lack of resources. The 2 paradigm signature S8 speakers alone cost more than some of the cars you folks drive.

To each his own.
Excuse me! I know you very well to be that affluent talkative in this forum. Have you forgotten your claims about your riches so soon in this forum? Jeez! You are the Christian religious freak and the insurance re-seller, dude. If you think others forget who you claim to be not me.

What a loud and mouthy individual you are!
Re: Designing A Home Theater Cinema On A Budget by yvy1(f): 8:29pm On Nov 18, 2013
Why? O why can't people see and understand that as long as OP has his top of the range speakers the rest of the room can look like White House in Yaba?

@OP nice concept. What's your take on having a projector and having it project on the ENTIRE wall?
Re: Designing A Home Theater Cinema On A Budget by Nobody: 1:39am On Nov 19, 2013
yvy1: Why? O why can't people see and understand that as long as OP has his top of the range speakers the rest of the room can look like White House in Yaba?

@OP nice concept. What's your take on having a projector and having it project on the ENTIRE wall?

lol to be honest, you are the first and only person to get what really interests me the most in a home theater - QUALITY SOUND! The rest does not move me.

Thanks ma'am. The wall idea wont work since it is white in color and i really would like to keep the ability to use the lights if i so wish. I am planning on getting a projector and a screen that works with the lighting situation i have now.
Re: Designing A Home Theater Cinema On A Budget by Nobody: 1:40am On Nov 19, 2013
Lord_Reed: I know you like white but for that theater effect you should switch to a more muted colour, maybe wood browns/blonds or other earthy tones considering you like your white. Personally I'd go for something darker to give more atmoshere.

Well that is why we are all different. I light my rooms bright.
Re: Designing A Home Theater Cinema On A Budget by Nobody: 1:40am On Nov 19, 2013
hiroz: some persons just wanna mock the op.they complain everything.when doin a project(on a budget) like this you start small.with time the op will adjust the theater to a higher standard.and op do not rush into buying things even if it takes you 1/2yrs to upgrade it cus with stuff like this u are always getting new ideas on what to change or introduce.and i think as time goes more pple will wanna have their own home theater.nice one op

Thank you bro. Much appreciated. That is the spirit.
Re: Designing A Home Theater Cinema On A Budget by igbonla(m): 6:57am On Nov 19, 2013
davidylan:

I definitely will update in january when i have the paradigms in place. What brand of PSB speakers do you have? Coupled with NAD recievers/Amps, i believe the PSB combo is about the best musically sounding speakers for the money. Looking to get an oppo blu-ray in january as well. As for the SVS, i just have to bow to you... good choice!

You are spending good money putting this together, great sound and movies when you are done! I got the image b5 and c5 for center, planned the entire setup some 3 years ago to avoid any upgrade for a while. Almost got a NAD but it was difficult not going with the yamaha that I picked, it was high end as of then and came with some great discount.
Re: Designing A Home Theater Cinema On A Budget by ayoelegs: 8:54am On Nov 19, 2013
Call me if you need a home theatre projector for N45,000 only. Its new with TV, USB and HDMI ports. My number is 08029287848.
Re: Designing A Home Theater Cinema On A Budget by Nobody: 6:43pm On Nov 19, 2013
igbonla:

You are spending good money putting this together, great sound and movies when you are done! I got the image b5 and c5 for center, planned the entire setup some 3 years ago to avoid any upgrade for a while. Almost got a NAD but it was difficult not going with the yamaha that I picked, it was high end as of then and came with some great discount.

Nice! I got the c4 center but use the t5 for my left and right channels. If you get the upgrade bug later, try pairing them up with an NAD. You will thank me later.
Re: Designing A Home Theater Cinema On A Budget by Nobody: 6:45pm On Nov 19, 2013
ayoelegs: Call me if you need a home theatre projector for N45,000 only. Its new with TV, USB and HDMI ports. My number is 08029287848.

Don't call that a home theater projector. No serious projector for that purpose will sell for less than $600
Re: Designing A Home Theater Cinema On A Budget by grafikdon: 3:08am On Dec 02, 2013
davidylan:

Don't call that a home theater projector. No serious projector for that purpose will sell for less than $600

Got me scratching my head, wondering if I missed the memo on a decent HT projector under $300.00 or N45,000 cheesy
Re: Designing A Home Theater Cinema On A Budget by yvy1(f): 10:32pm On Dec 04, 2013
@Daviddylan grin please just keep us updated.
Re: Designing A Home Theater Cinema On A Budget by ayoelegs: 3:44am On Dec 25, 2013
grafikdon:

Got me scratching my head, wondering if I missed the memo on a decent HT projector under $300.00 or N45,000 cheesy
Its true bro. You can definitely get something at that price. I stay in Lagos anyway in case you want to see it and test it. Its 2200 lumens. Higher lumens are also available. Everything with one year guarantee.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Who Is The Funniest Nigerian Comedian / "ije The Movie" / 50Cent To Feature On Emeka Ike's Movie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.