Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,131 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:37 AM

The Goal Of The Gospel - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Goal Of The Gospel (2792 Views)

5 Things To Avoid When Evangelizing/sharing The Gospel / Gospel Singer Sinach Is PREGNANT! (Photos) / The Gospel Of Barnabas(the True Forgotten Gospel) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Goal Of The Gospel by Kei144(m): 9:52am On Nov 16, 2013
Mk. 16:14 Later Jesus appeared to the Eleven as they were eating; he rebuked them for their lack of faith and their stubborn refusal to believe those who had seen him after he had risen.
Mk. 16:15 He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation.

“Gospel” is “good news” in Greek language. What is the good news about? It is simply about the resurrection of Jesus Christ. The resurrection of Jesus Christ has a lot of significance. The significance has to do with who Jesus really is. The effectiveness of the gospel depends on clear understanding of who Jesus Christ. Unfortunately, the Church has not fully understood who Jesus really is.

Jn. 17:3 Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.
Jn. 17:4 I have brought you glory on earth by completing the work you gave me to do.
Jn. 17:5 And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began.

Do you want to enter eternal life in the land of the living? Do you want to become like God (just like Jesus Christ) in the land of the living? Do you want to ascend to heaven without experiencing death in the flesh (rapture!)? Jesus says that the key is getting to who God and Himself are. Many people claim to know God and many claim that they know who Jesus Christ is. Do they really know Him?

Ps. 8:3 When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place,
Ps. 8:4 what is man that you are mindful of him, the son of man that you care for him?
Ps. 8:5 You made him a little lower than the heavenly beings and crowned him with glory and honour.
Ps. 8:6 You made him ruler over the works of your hands; you put everything under his feet:

He. 2:5 It is not to angels that he has subjected the world to come, about which we are speaking.
He. 2:6 But there is a place where someone has testified: “What is man that you are mindful of him, the son of man that you care for him?
He. 2:7 You made him a little [Or him for a little while; also in verse 9] lower than the angels; you crowned him with glory and honour
He. 2:8 and put everything under his feet.” [Psalm 8:4-6] In putting everything under him, God left nothing that is not subject to him. Yet at present we do not see everything subject to him.
He. 2:9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels, now crowned with glory and honour because he suffered death, so that by the grace of God he might taste death for everyone.

In Psalm 8 we read that God made man lower than angels (for a little while). After the little while, man was meant to be greater than angels. God crowned man with glory and honour, and gave man dominion over everything on earth. Hebrews 2:8 notes that presently we do not see man having dominion over everything on earth. The reason for this, as we know is that man lost the glory of God; it is the glory that gives man the dominion. Hebrews 2:9 notes that we rather see Jesus, who also for a little while was made lower than angels, but who is now crowned with glory and honour. Jesus is now in the exact state that God intended for man. Notice that Hebrews 2:5 insinuates that man will have dominion over the world to come.

Hebrews 2 tells us that if you want to know what God intended man to be and what man is going to be in the world to come, look at Jesus; that is what He is right now.

1Jn. 3:1 How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him.
1Jn. 3:2 Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when he appears, [Or when it is made known] we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is.

God lavished great love on mankind during creation. Lucifer was provoked to jealousy by this lavishing of love; which is why he rebelled against God. For Lucifer knew that man was lower than angels for just a little while and that man would eventually be greater than angels. After rebelling against God, he set out to prevent man from becoming greater than angels. That is by the way.

The world does not know that those who are in Christ are sons of God (just like Jesus Christ). Even those who are in Christ do not know that they are exactly like Jesus Christ. But Apostle John was able to know that when the people of God get to know who they are, they will become exactly like Jesus. This will lead to the rapture. I dare to tell you that the reason this kind of information is appearing now is because end time is here. The age in which sons of God are lower than angels is about to end.

Who is Jesus Christ? Jesus Christ is a human being like you. You too could be crowned with glory and honour just like He now is. And that is the goal of the gospel; to get human beings to be crowned with glory and honour, just like Jesus Christ.

1 Like

Re: The Goal Of The Gospel by Kei144(m): 9:55am On Nov 16, 2013
Jesus is a new Adam

Lk. 3:23 Now Jesus himself was about thirty years old when he began his ministry. He was the son, so it was thought, of Joseph, the son of Heli,
Lk. 3:24 the son of Matthat, the son of Levi, the son of Melki, the son of Jannai, the son of Joseph,

Lk. 3:37 the son of Methuselah, the son of Enoch, the son of Jared, the son of Mahalalel, the son of Kenan,
Lk. 3:38 the son of Enosh, the son of Seth, the son of Adam, the son of God.

The genealogy of Jesus Christ in Luke 3 begins with Jesus the Son of God and ends with Adam the son of God.

Ro. 5:12 Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all men, because all sinned.
Ro. 5:14 Nevertheless, death reigned from the time of Adam to the time of Moses, even over those who did not sin by breaking a command, as did Adam, who was a pattern of the one to come.
Ro. 5:15 But the gift is not like the trespass. For if the many died by the trespass of the one man, how much more did God’s grace and the gift that came by the grace of the one man, Jesus Christ, overflow to the many!
Ro. 5:16 Again, the gift of God is not like the result of the one man’s sin: The judgment followed one sin and brought condemnation, but the gift followed many trespasses and brought justification.
Ro. 5:17 For if, by the trespass of the one man, death reigned through that one man, how much more will those who receive God’s abundant provision of grace and of the gift of righteousness reign in life through the one man, Jesus Christ.

In Romans 5 we see Adam and Jesus Christ put side by side. They are referred to as two different men. Sin and death came into the world through one man; and righteousness and (eternal) life came to the world through the other man.

Ph. 2:5 Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus:
Ph. 2:6 Who, being in very nature [Or in the form of] God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped,
Ph. 2:7 but made himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness.
Ph. 2:8 And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself and became obedient to death — even death on a cross!
Ph. 2:9 Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name.

Philippians 2 implicitly compares the two men (Adam and Jesus Christ), especially verse 2. Oth men were sons of God—in the image of God. They both started their lives at a level lower than angels. Satan came to Adam through his female side and informed him that he could become like God (greater than angels) by rebelling against God. (Take it by force!) Adam believed him and rebelled against God. Instead of becoming greater than God, Adam was shocked to discover that he had lost the glory of God that clothed him. He became naked (spiritually).

Satan tried the same trick with Jesus Christ; trying to get Him to pursue greatness apart from God. But Jesus decided that greatness is not something a person should get apart from God (by force). He rather chose the path of humility and absolute obedience to God. Along the line, Jesus got to know that it is God’s will that He be offered as a sacrifice of atonement for the sins of Adam and his descendants. It wasn’t an easy thing, but Jesus still chose to do the will of God. Jesus died on the cross in obedience to God. God not only resurrected Jesus Christ from the dead, He also made Him equal to Himself. God exalted Jesus Christ far above all the angels. This was the very thing Lucifer feared after God created mankind. Adam could have reached this same level if he had rejected Satan’s ideas.
Re: The Goal Of The Gospel by Kei144(m): 9:58am On Nov 16, 2013
The First Man versus the Last Man

1Co. 15:45 So it is written: “The first man Adam became a living being”; [Gen. 2:7] the last Adam, a life-giving spirit.
1Co. 15:46 The spiritual did not come first, but the natural, and after that the spiritual.
1Co. 15:47 The first man was of the dust of the earth, the second man from heaven.
1Co. 15:48 As was the earthly man, so are those who are of the earth; and as is the man from heaven, so also are those who are of heaven.
1Co. 15:49 And just as we have borne the likeness of the earthly man, so shall we bear the likeness of the man from heaven.
1Co. 15:50 I declare to you, brothers, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable.
1Co. 15:51 Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed —
1Co. 15:52 in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed.
1Co. 15:53 For the perishable must clothe itself with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality.

The usual understanding is that the Adam we all know was the first Adam and Jesus Christ is the last Adam. I myself used to understand it that way; but my understanding has now suddenly changed. The human race started in Adam as the first man. Jesus Christ also began life on earth in the first man. The first man is clothed with fleshly body. The second man is clothed with spiritual body. The goal of the gospel is to translate human beings from the first man (earthly man) to the second man (heavenly man). What is the way or process of this translation?

Ro. 5:10 For if, when we were God’s enemies, we were reconciled to him through the death of his Son, how much more, having been reconciled, shall we be saved through his life!

Ro. 6:3 Or don’t you know that all of us who were baptised into Christ Jesus were baptised into his death?
Ro. 6:4 We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life.

The process that could translate a human being from the first to the last Adam begins with reconciliation to God. Reconciliation with God requires symbolic association with the death of Jesus Christ. This is done through water baptism. Unfortunately, not every water baptism is adequate (Acts 19:1-7).

Lk. 9:23 Then he said to them all: “If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me.

Water baptism symbolizes dying with Jesus Christ. But it is also an initiation into a life of dying to self. A lifestyle of actually dying like Jesus should follow. This lifestyle requires that the son of God must carry his/her cross daily, which means that the person must do the will of God at all cost. Once a person adopts this lifestyle, temptations and attacks will come from different directions. The person’s worst enemies will be members of his/her household (Mt 10:36). The son of God must not waver; that is what the cross is all about.

Ro. 12:1 Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God — this is your spiritual act of worship.
Ro. 12:2 Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is — his good, pleasing and perfect will.

People think that worshiping God is all about singing or speaking worship to God. But real worship of God involves sacrificing fleshly desires to God—carrying the cross daily. In Old Testament, worship involved sacrifice of animals; in New Testament, worship is all about crucifying oneself. In order to be able to offer this kind of worship to God, one must depart from the normal lifestyle of the world by renewing the mind.

Ro. 1:17 For in the gospel a righteousness from God is revealed, a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written: “The righteous will live by faith.”

Ro. 10:10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.
Ro. 10:11 As the Scripture says, “Anyone who trusts in him will never be put to shame.”

Ro. 4:17 As it is written: “I have made you a father of many nations.”[Gen. 17:5] He is our father in the sight of God, in whom he believed — the God who gives life to the dead and calls things that are not as though they were.

He. 11:1 Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

2Co. 4:13 It is written: “I believed; therefore I have spoken.” [Psalm116:10] With that same spirit of faith we also believe and therefore speak,

2Co. 4:18 So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

A son of God renews his/her mind by adopting a life of faith. Faith is to believe what God says He has done and applying it to yourself by speaking it to your situation. Faith is giving life to the dead by calling things that are not as though they are (because God says that they are). A life of faith involves fixing one’s eyes on what God has promised, even though things are not appearing the way God promised them to be. Let me illustrate faith with seeking holiness and freedom from sicknesses.

God says: He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; by his wounds you have been healed. 1Pe. 2:24

I say: Jesus freed me from sin and from sicknesses through the wounds that He suffered for me on the cross. I therefore decree that every sin in my life and every sickness in my body be put to death by the power of God through the Holy Spirit.

Ro. 8:5 Those who live according to the sinful nature have their minds set on what that nature desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires.

Renewing of the mind also requires that the mind never be focused on the desires of the sinful nature, but on doing the will of God.
Re: The Goal Of The Gospel by Kei144(m): 9:58am On Nov 17, 2013
Why did God send Jesus to the world?

Jesus came to establish the kingdom of God in the world. He came to raise up sons of God among humans.

Mt. 5:48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

He. 12:14 Make every effort to live in peace with all men and to be holy; without holiness no-one will see the Lord.

God is looking for sons like Him. He is not really interested in endless sin followed by endless forgiveness, as many think that spirituality is all about. God wants His sons to no longer commit sin. Only those who reach this level could ascend to heaven from the land of the living (rapture). Is it possible? Yes; that is the real goal of the gospel. The goal of the gospel is to raise up sons of God who are as perfect as their Father in heaven.

Ep. 4:22 You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires;
Ep. 4:23 to be made new in the attitude of your minds;
Ep. 4:24 and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.

It is the duty of the son of God to put off the old sinning self (First man) and to put on the second man from heaven. The second man is like God in true righteousness and holiness.

1 Like

Re: The Goal Of The Gospel by Nobody: 10:17am On Nov 17, 2013
The goal of the gospel is to enslave humanity, to make Africans/humans forget that Africa is the cradle of humanity. The gospel is a modernized form of slavery. Those who embrace the bible/gospel are weak souls who are gullible and ready to accept any information.
Re: The Goal Of The Gospel by Temismith(f): 10:18am On Nov 17, 2013
cheesy
Re: The Goal Of The Gospel by esere826: 10:24am On Nov 17, 2013
@OP

I like the way you worked on narrowing or rather pinpointing the raison d' etre of the gospel. It was great
You said:
“Gospel” is “good news” in Greek language. What is the good news about? It is simply about the resurrection of Jesus Christ. The resurrection of Jesus Christ has a lot of significance. The significance has to do with who Jesus really is. The effectiveness of the gospel depends on clear understanding of who Jesus Christ. Unfortunately, the Church has not fully understood who Jesus really is.

The last bit sounds too much like a cliche: "Unfortunately, the Church has not fully understood who Jesus really is"
Used by some MOG's in criticizing others beliefs while elevating theirs
Not bad,as long as you really own/have the understanding

Can you help in providing a list of the unfortunate and unfull understandings that the church has so that we can avoid them and grow better.

Thanks
Re: The Goal Of The Gospel by Aromas: 10:30am On Nov 17, 2013
Kei144: Why did God send Jesus to the world?

Jesus came to establish the kingdom of God in the world. He came to raise up sons of God among humans.

Mt. 5:48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

He. 12:14 Make every effort to live in peace with all men and to be holy; without holiness no-one will see the Lord.

God is looking for sons like Him. He is not really interested in endless sin followed by endless forgiveness, as many think that spirituality is all about. God wants His sons to no longer commit sin. Only those who reach this level could ascend to heaven from the land of the living (rapture). Is it possible? Yes; that is the real goal of the gospel. The goal of the gospel is to raise up sons of God who are as perfect as their Father in heaven.

Ep. 4:22 You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires;
Ep. 4:23 to be made new in the attitude of your minds;
Ep. 4:24 and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.

It is the duty of the son of God to put off the old sinning self (First man) and to put on the second man from heaven. The second man is like God in true righteousness and holiness.
Good of you, make I comot 4 toilet first so dat I can read all dis
Re: The Goal Of The Gospel by Kei144(m): 10:54am On Nov 17, 2013
Thank you moderators for taking this thread to the front page. I am so thrilled about it. God bless you all.
Re: The Goal Of The Gospel by tiamiyukunle69(m): 11:17am On Nov 17, 2013
Good one. It's basically to repent from our sins and be a new man in Christ Jesus in order reign with Him in His kingdom. Lobatan!
Re: The Goal Of The Gospel by ayusco85(m): 11:28am On Nov 17, 2013
Just 196 views. Hmmm. Typical of Nigerians. If it was a thread about cossy's unclad b.oo.bs or Tonto Dike's stupidity, u for see 10,000 views, 400 comments.

**back to the topic, i think its for Salvation and restoration of man to God through christ**
Re: The Goal Of The Gospel by Kei144(m): 11:40am On Nov 17, 2013
esere826: @OP

I like the way you worked on narrowing or rather pinpointing the raison d' etre of the gospel. It was great

The last bit sounds too much like a cliche: "Unfortunately, the Church has not fully understood who Jesus really is"
Used by some MOG's in criticizing others beliefs while elevating theirs
Not bad,as long as you really own/have the understanding

Can you help in providing a list of the unfortunate and "unfull" understandings that the church has so that we can avoid them and grow better.

Thanks

1. The most common understanding of churches about Jesus Christ is that He is one person in the Trinity of God.

Seeing that the Trinity doctrine clearly goes against the Bible, even the word of Jesus Himself (see Mk 12:29), they argue that God is actually one, but that the three persons of God are actually His different manifestations. The Roman Catholics almost added a fourth person, Mary; so that they have Father, Son of God, Mother of God and Holy Spirit. I say "almost" because they are quick to say that Mary is not really God, but that either she assumed God or that the RCC assumed her to be God--Assumption.

2. Apparently due to the difficulty of explaining the unitary nature of God with the Trinity doctrine, some Pentecostals or Evangelicals came up with the view that Jesus Christ, the Father and the Holy Spirit are one and same; and that, in fact, the new name of God is Jesus. They view calling God other names like Allah, Elohim, Yahweh, etc., as an abomination.

3. Non-Christians such as Muslims see Jesus either as a prophet or a great morality teacher that once lived.

An experience of heaven

Re. 4:2 At once I was in the Spirit, and there before me was a throne in heaven with someone sitting on it.
Re. 4:3 And the one who sat there had the appearance of jasper and carnelian. A rainbow, resembling an emerald, encircled the throne.

Christians of today are so interested in stories about people that died and went to heaven or hell, where they saw Kumuyi or Muoka, but they hardly have time to read a vision of heaven described in the Bible. Well, John saw the vision and He saw the One seated on the throne in heaven. The One on the throne has no resemblance of a human spirit.

Re. 5:1 Then I saw in the right hand of him who sat on the throne a scroll with writing on both sides and sealed with seven seals.
Re. 5:2 And I saw a mighty angel proclaiming in a loud voice, “Who is worthy to break the seals and open the scroll?”
Re. 5:5 Then one of the elders said to me, “Do not weep! See, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, has triumphed. He is able to open the scroll and its seven seals.”
Re. 5:6 Then I saw a Lamb, looking as if it had been slain, standing in the centre of the throne, encircled by the four living creatures
and the elders. He had seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven spirits [Or the sevenfold Spirit] of God sent out into all the earth.
Re. 5:7 He came and took the scroll from the right hand of him who sat on the throne.

Can you clearly see in Re 5:5-7 that the Lamb (from Judah) took the scroll from the right hand of Him who sat on the throne? Did God simultaneously manifest Himself as the Lamb from the root of David and also as Him who is on the throne, just to show that everything is possible to Him? Even a Muslim cited Mt 27:46 in one of the threads in Religion section stating that if Jesus is God, how could he say "Ela, Ela, why have you forsaken me!"

Understanding of Jesus is also an understanding of man. People think that they have known everything there is to know about man, because of Biology, Psychology, etc. But the Psalmist asked, "what is man" (Ps 8:4), because he somehow realized that there is something special between God and man. Hebrews 2 recited the same question of Ps 8:4 and connected the question to Jesus; an indication that whatever it is that exists between man and Jesus also exists between God and Jesus Christ.
Re: The Goal Of The Gospel by RealSleek(m): 11:58am On Nov 17, 2013
Thnk u Op...jah bless
Re: The Goal Of The Gospel by Kei144(m): 12:07pm On Nov 17, 2013
He. 10:5 Therefore, when Christ came into the world, he said: “Sacrifice and offering you did not desire, but a body you prepared for me;

Who is this Christ that came into the world, for whom God prepared a body? We are aware that the human body is an earthly tent in which the human soul or spirit dwells (2 Cor 5:1). So, the body that was prepared for "Christ" in Heb 10:5 is obviously the body of Jesus Christ. The soul or spirit that dwelt in that body must be "Christ". But this raises the question, when did the "Christ"from heaven inhabit the human body of Jesus? Was it at conception or when?

Mt. 3:16 As soon as Jesus was baptised, he went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and lighting on him.
Mt. 3:17 And a voice from heaven said, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.”

Mt 3:16 clearly indicates that "Christ" entered the human body of Jesus at the time of Jesus' baptism in water. As soon as "Christ" entered the body of Jesus, God declared Him to be His Son. so, what exactly was Jesus before the anointing (Christ) came upon Him?

Re: The Goal Of The Gospel by Kei144(m): 12:09pm On Nov 17, 2013
RealSleek: Thnk u Op...jah bless

God bless you too.
Re: The Goal Of The Gospel by Kei144(m): 12:47pm On Nov 17, 2013
Jn. 8:56 Your father Abraham rejoiced at the thought of seeing my day; he saw it and was glad.”
Jn. 8:57 “You are not yet fifty years old,” the Jews said to him, “and you have seen Abraham!”
Jn. 8:58 “I tell you the truth,” Jesus answered, “before Abraham was born, I am!”

Jn. 14:8 Philip said, “Lord, show us the Father and that will be enough for us.”
Jn. 14:9 Jesus answered: “Don’t you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, `Show us the Father’?
Jn. 14:10 Don’t you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you are not just my own. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work.
Jn. 14:11 Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the miracles themselves.

Jesus was not up to 35 years of age, yet He claimed that before Abraham was, He is. The tense He used implied that He existed from eternity past. The Jews thought that He must be nuts. Jesus later explained to His apostles that it was the Father in Him saying all those things. Was the Almighty God contained in Jesus?

Da. 2:44 “In the time of those kings, the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be destroyed, nor will it be left to another people. It will crush all those kingdoms and bring them to an end, but it will itself endure for ever.
Da. 2:45 This is the meaning of the vision of the rock cut out of a mountain, but not by human hands — a rock that broke the iron, the bronze, the clay, the silver and the gold to pieces. “The great God has shown the king what will take place in the future. The dream is true and the interpretation is trustworthy.”

Jn. 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Jn. 1:2 He was with God in the beginning.
Jn. 1:3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.

The Almighty God is the mountain of Dan 2:45. He hewed a piece of rock out out Himself. The Rock was with God when God began His work of creation. The Rock is the arm of God (Is 53:1). The Rock is also the Word of Jn 1:1. Christ is a stone hewed out of the Rock. When the stone entered Jesus, the Rock became flesh.

1Pe. 2:4 As you come to him, the living Stone — rejected by men but chosen by God and precious to him —
1Pe. 2:5 you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.

Re. 2:17 He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes, I will give some of the hidden manna. I will also give him a white stone with a new name written on it, known only to him who receives it.

The white stone of Re 2:17 will also be hewed out of the Rock and will be given to followers of Christ who overcome sin and become perfect. The stone is the second Adam.
Re: The Goal Of The Gospel by Nauttyprof(m): 12:56pm On Nov 17, 2013
Please I urge us all to look at the Bible critically before posting anything. 1 John 5:7 says For there are three that bears record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. End of Discussion.
Re: The Goal Of The Gospel by Kei144(m): 1:21pm On Nov 17, 2013
1Jn. 5:5 Who is it that overcomes the world? Only he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God.
1Jn. 5:6 This is the one who came by water and blood — Jesus Christ. He did not come by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit who testifies, because the Spirit is the truth.
1Jn. 5:7 For there are three that testify:
1Jn. 5:8 the [Late manuscripts of the Vulgate testify in heaven: the Father, the Word and the Holy Spirit, and these three are one. 8 And there are three that testify on earth: the (not found in any Greek manuscript before the sixteenth century)] Spirit, the water and the blood; and the three are in agreement.
1Jn. 5:9 We accept man’s testimony, but God’s testimony is greater because it is the testimony of God, which he has given about his Son. [NIV]

Can you you see the comment made in the NIV Bible concerning 1 Jn 3:7? Roman Catholic Vulgate added "the Father, the Word and the Holy Spirit, and these three are one. 8 And there are three that testify on earth: the ". This addition was not found in any Greek manuscript before the 16th century. The addition was done only to justify the Trinity doctrine. See how far human beings can go in their effort to play God. And what NIV now has is:

1Jn. 5:7 For there are three that testify:
1Jn. 5:8 the Spirit, the water and the blood; and the three are in agreement.

What exactly is the passage all about? I had to include from verses 5 to 9 so that we could get the context. the passage is about overcoming the world (sin), and hence becoming perfect. A human being requires three testimonies in order to become perfect: the blood of Jesus, water (baptism) and the Spirit. It is the blood that removed the enmity between Adam (human beings) and God; one must believe in redemption by the blood. Water baptism initiates one into the body of Christ. The Spirit makes the journey to perfection possible; He gives the knowledge and the power that makes it possible.
Re: The Goal Of The Gospel by Elem1: 6:42pm On Nov 17, 2013
I'm edified. God bless U
Re: The Goal Of The Gospel by Kei144(m): 6:57pm On Nov 17, 2013
Elem1: I'm edified. God bless U

God bless you too.
Re: The Goal Of The Gospel by Nobody: 8:46pm On Nov 17, 2013
@op you stop short of saying that God became man that man became god?

Who is Jesus Christ? Jesus Christ is a human being like you. You too could be crowned with glory and honour just like He now is. And that is the goal of the gospel; to get human beings to be crowned with glory and honour, just like Jesus Christ.
Re: The Goal Of The Gospel by Nobody: 8:51pm On Nov 17, 2013
Re: The Goal Of The Gospel by pstdre(m): 9:45pm On Nov 17, 2013
Jesus is Lord
Re: The Goal Of The Gospel by Nobody: 9:45pm On Nov 17, 2013
Op contact me on watsap (08164412295) I want 2 share somtin wit u... I am a sinner I wnt 2 repent
Re: The Goal Of The Gospel by Kei144(m): 6:07am On Nov 18, 2013
bonaventure73: Op contact me on watsap (08164412295) I want 2 share somtin wit u... I am a sinner I wnt 2 repent

Why not send email?

(1) (Reply)

Christians Please, Explain Dinosaurs. / Church Confirms Jim Iyke’s Deliverance From Evil Spirits / Apostle Arome Osayi Storms Abeokuta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.