Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,475 members, 7,808,723 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:59 PM

Best Android QWERTY Smartphone In Nov 2013 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Best Android QWERTY Smartphone In Nov 2013 (1620 Views)

What’s Old Is New Again: Blackberry Launches Classic Phone With Qwerty Keyboard / Nokia Unveils Asha 205, 205 Dual-SIM Qwerty Handsets / Qwerty Or Touchscreen Phones Which Do You Prefer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Best Android QWERTY Smartphone In Nov 2013 by Tajsagay(m): 10:03am On Nov 16, 2013

I got asked this question:

Hello @Mister_Mobility, I'm still waiting for your recommendation : best android QWERTY device...

Smartphones with a QWERTY keyboard are becoming extinct these days. All but a few manufacturers have abandoned QWERTY. As a matter of fact, all the big names have ditched QWERTY. Perhaps the only QWERTY Android phones that have been released in the Nigerian market this year are from TECNO and Infinix.

The contenders are TECNO Q1, Infinix Buzz X260, and TECNO D1. They are all nearly evenly matched in terms of specifications. However, the Q1 and Buzz X260 run Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS), while the D1 runs Android v4.2 Jelly Bean. As such, I will recommend the TECNO D1 as the best Android QWERTY phone in the market right now.

TECNO D1 Specifications
-2.6 inch 480×320 pixel capacitive touchscreen
-qwerty keyboard
-Android v4.2 Jelly Bean
-1 GHz Dual-core processor
-512MB RAM
-4GB internal memory (about 2GB available to the user)
-External memory card slot with support up to 32GB microSD cards (8GB card included)
-Single SIM functionality with option of dual SIM version
-GPRS/EDGE/3G/HSDPA 21Mbps/Wi-Fi internet connectivity
-2MP rear camera with LED flash (no autofocus)
-0.3 megapixel front-facing VGA camera
-Stereo FM radio
-Bluetooth 3.0, USB
-1450mAh Battery
-G-sensor, Light Sensor, Proximity Sensor

All other Android QWERTY phones I know of in the market were manufactured in 2012 and run pre-ICS software. No point. There you have it: as far as I can tell, the TECNO D1 is the most up-to-date Android QWERTY smartphone in the market. It costs about N17,000 only.

Source: http://mobility.ng/best-android-qwerty-smartphone-in-nov-2013/

(1) (Reply)

Buy Your Mtn Data Bundle @cheapest Price / How To Picmix Pictures With Java Phones Like Android! - Cheatguruz.com / Anybody Know The Price Of Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7105 Screen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.