Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,307 members, 7,808,041 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:28 AM

RHAPSODY OF REALITIES. Saturday, November 16th 2013 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / RHAPSODY OF REALITIES. Saturday, November 16th 2013 (480 Views)

REACHOUT NIGERIA 2014-with Rhapsody Of Realities / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional, January. 2014 / Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional And More Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

RHAPSODY OF REALITIES. Saturday, November 16th 2013 by sunny3kng(m): 12:37pm On Nov 16, 2013
RHAPSODY OF REALITIES: A New Parentage· Saturday, November 16th

Pastor Chris

As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly (1 Corinthians 15:48).

The Bible tells us in the book of Genesis how God formed Adam, the first man, from the dust of the ground and breathed life into his nostrils to become a living soul. However, the Bible described him as "earthy" because he was of the earth and possessed the natural human life: "The first man is of the earth, earthy…" (1 Corinthians 15:47).

We’re however introduced to the Second and Last Adam, Jesus Christ: "And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit" (1 Corinthians 15:45). This Second and Last Adam, whose icon we are, is the Lord from heaven. Unlike the first Adam, He’s a life-giving Spirit. Now that you’re born again, the life in you isn’t the same as what you got from your biological parents. There’s a new parentage; Jesus Christ is now your root; you’re connected to, and born from, the Second and Last Adam.

Your ties with the first Adam have been severed completely and forever. Colossians 3:3 says, your life is hidden with Christ in God; in other words, your life is in Christ, and Christ is your life (Colossians 3:4). This means that the first life, which was terrestrial—of the earth—has been supplanted by the life of Christ, which is celestial: "The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven" (1 Corinthians 15:47). No wonder, Jesus said, "...I am from above…" (John 8:23).
Just as we have borne the image of the first Adam, it’s our responsibility to bear the image of the Second Adam. We’re to put on the new image of our new nature in Christ; how? By simply saying, "Yes" to God’s Word. For example, 2 Corinthians 5:17 says, "Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new." Your response should be, "that’s who I am; a new creation in Christ, and I’ve put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of Christ that created him."

Confession

Dear Father, I thank you for the miracle of the new creation. My life is from above, therefore, I’m free from the corrupting influences of this world. I’ve put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of Him that created him.

f u r t h e r s t u d y:
Colossians 3:9-10; 2 Corinthians 3:18

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan: Hebrews 12:14-29, Jeremiah 33
2 Year Reading Plan: John 12:20-29, 1 Chronicles 16
HAPPY WEEKEND!!

(1) (Reply)

What Have You Achieved Through The Use Of Magic? / Did We Deserve This Sort Of Love ? / [scary Pic] Real Or Just An Illusion??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.