Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,518 members, 7,808,890 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:46 PM

Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) (47302 Views)

Photos From The Unveiling Of Jesus Statue In Imo State / Imo To Unveil The Tallest Statue Of Jesus Christ In Africa (Photo) / 7 Sins That Lead To Self-destruction: Christians Must Avoid. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by ismokeweed1(f): 4:09pm On Nov 17, 2013
ifeness:

doesn't common sense tell you you are a spirit in a body?

Okay, so has your "common sense" explained what happens to your spirit after the death of your body?

Or does your "common sense" tell you that your spirit will also die with your body?
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by Nobody: 4:10pm On Nov 17, 2013
Merkki:
comparing Mary with Jesus huh? Is it a kind of competition?
i just tire for these catholics o!
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by italo: 4:13pm On Nov 17, 2013
dorox:

I'm sure that apart from any suicidal person that may have been there, all who perished fought their hardest until the last moment to stay alive.
They fought to stay alive doesn't mean that the dead are worse off. And you are not sure all but the suicidal fought their hardest...neither are you in a position to judge those who didnt fight their hardest as suicidal. You're just speculating from your imagination.
dorox: To the orphaned survivor,or the newly wedded widow, I am sure that they will think you stupid if you ask them that question.

The ones in heaven and the survivors who believe in heaven and have filled the Churches to pray for the souls of their loved one will think you stupid too.
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by italo: 4:17pm On Nov 17, 2013
cutieemperor007:

I PRAY TO YOU OH! GOD THAT YOU TAKE MY LIFE MINITES BEFORE I EVER HAVE THE NOTION TO ASSOCIATED PARTNER WITH YOU OR BELIEVE THAT YOU HAVE A SON OR THAT YOU ARE JESUS (UR PROPHET)....AMIN

I QUOTED SOME VERSES IN THE BIBBLE WHERE JESUS CATEGORICALLY MADE IT KNOW THAT HE ISN'T GOD AND YOU ALSO QUOTED OTHER VERSES IN THE BIBBLE TOJUSTIFY YOUR BELIEVE THAT JESUS IS GOD WITHOUT ABLE TO DISPROVE MY VERSES OR ITS GENUITY...
I SAY: IF TWO CONTRADICTORY VIEWS CAN BE JUSTIFYED FROM THE BIBBLE, WHAT DOES THAT SAYS ABOUT THE BIBBLE BEEN THE WORLD OF GOD OR CAN GOD'S WORD CONTRADICTE. I EVEN ASK YOU TO EXPLAIN THE VERSES I QUOTED TO ME BEEN A NON CHRISTEN WHO WANTED TO KNOW ABOUT YOUR FAITH, RATHER, YOU CHOOSE TO INSULT ME,
TODAY IS SUNDAY FOR GOD SAKE, CAN'T YOU ATLEAST PRETEND TO BE CHRIST LIKE FOR ONCE....

Stop going roundabout.

Do you admit that the Bible tells us Jesus is God?

Or do you want to explain Hebrews 1:8?

Mind you, I still have dozens of verses oh.
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by Royver(m): 4:51pm On Nov 17, 2013
GeneralShepherd: Jesus decides to allow 5000 people to die,just for a chance to preserve His statue!! Praise be to our all loving God

Well I doubt the veracity of your claims though

There is no pleasing some people. If d statue had fallen u would have laughed at the cross. Now that it is standing u blame the cross. In a bid to appear intelligent you draw people away from the cross. I hope you have something intelligent to say when you reach that dark and lonely tunnel for I assure you both atheists and Christians alike will have the same end and woe betide you if your beliefs have been wrong!
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by Royver(m): 4:57pm On Nov 17, 2013
GeneralShepherd: Jesus decides to allow 5000 people to die,just for a chance to preserve His statue!! Praise be to our all loving God

There is no pleasing some people. If d statue had fallen u would have laughed at the cross. Now that it is standing u blame the cross. In a bid to appear intelligent you draw people away from the cross. Are you going to blame GOD too for the people that died before the disaster? What about those that died in other parts of the world are you going to blame him too for not saving them and saving a statue instead? What about people that died in the time of Jesus wont you blame him for that too? I hope you have something intelligent to say when you reach that dark and lonely tunnel for I assure you both atheists and Christians alike will have the same end(death) and woe betide you if your beliefs have been wrong!

1 Like

Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by Missonas(f): 4:59pm On Nov 17, 2013
And when man doubts,trivialises and makes fun of what we hold so dear Oh Mother of Perpetual Help keep my faith and believe in Your Son sure and strong.Amen!
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by POPEII: 5:11pm On Nov 17, 2013
Merkki:
comparing Mary with Jesus huh? Is it a kind of competition?
where did you see any kind of comparison.please point it out for us . Funny you didn't say the same about the statue pagan9ja posted . Hater
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by arimahoseloka(m): 5:15pm On Nov 17, 2013

i know idiotiicc pple like you will not wate time in talking rubbish, u beta be careful not 2 bring a curse on ur life for d nonssense that u talk.
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by arimahoseloka(m): 5:20pm On Nov 17, 2013
Royver:

There is no pleasing some people. If d statue had fallen u would have laughed at the cross. Now that it is standing u blame the cross. In a bid to appear intelligent you draw people away from the cross. Are you going to blame GOD too for the people that died before the disaster? What about those that died in other parts of the world are you going to blame him too for not saving them and saving a statue instead? What about people that died in the time of Jesus wont you blame him for that too? I hope you have something intelligent to say when you reach that dark and lonely tunnel for I assure you both atheists and Christians alike will have the same end(death) and woe betide you if your beliefs have been wrong!
leave them 2 be talking rubbish and slandering our God. His beleifs had better been right if not it would have been better that he wasnt born at all. Agent of Satan
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by mckorode(m): 5:28pm On Nov 17, 2013
We all need to realize that we aren't meant to understand everything, that's why God is God and man is man.We just need to believe in God regardless of what's happening. Hence even as we discuss in forums like this,let's reduce our foolishness to the bare minimum.
The day we ask God why and he gives us the entire answer.that is the day you will enter into limbo.
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by GeneralShepherd(m): 5:57pm On Nov 17, 2013
Royver:

There is no pleasing some people. If d statue had fallen u would have laughed at the cross. Now that it is standing u blame the cross. In a bid to appear intelligent you draw people away from the cross. I hope you have something intelligent to say when you reach that dark and lonely tunnel for I assure you both atheists and Christians alike will have the same end and woe betide you if your beliefs have been wrong!

I didn't blame God, I made that statement the moment the OP tried to see a miracle in a very sad tragedy.the Op tried to score a cheap religious point

My heart and good wishes goes out to the families of the victims and the survivors of the typhoon.

Let's leave the heaven,hell and God debate for another day
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by GeneralShepherd(m): 6:02pm On Nov 17, 2013
arimahoseloka: i know idiotiicc pple like you will not wate time in talking rubbish, u beta be careful not 2 bring a curse on ur life for d nonssense that u talk.

Why are threatening me? Wetin I do you? Well if not seeing why a supposedly all loving God will watch 5000 people die but save His statue makes me a fool. Well I consider it all joy that I am such a fool.
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by Tolubory(m): 6:03pm On Nov 17, 2013
Amazing!!!!!! smiley
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by italo: 6:08pm On Nov 17, 2013
GeneralShepherd:

I didn't blame God, I made that statement the moment the OP tried to see a miracle in a very sad tragedy.the Op tried to score a cheap religious point

My heart and good wishes goes out to the families of the victims and the survivors of the typhoon.

Let's leave the heaven,hell and God debate for another day

I think many Atheists here were being paranoid too early.

The OP didnt even call it a miracle, yet the attacks on believers started.

Abi did I miss something?
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by macof(m): 6:20pm On Nov 17, 2013
Proffdada: truly ur lack of wisdom has doomed u for u to comprehend d truth. God is love,all-powerful,kind n constant. Once u drift away from Him u suffer d consequences.

Answer his question.
Wat evil did satan do?
Wat makes the Bible god holy and satan evil?
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by macof(m): 6:25pm On Nov 17, 2013
cutieemperor007:

I was almost tempted to use a foul word on u, thank GOD I was able to control my furry...
but let me ask u these, what did our fore fathers use to represent these gods u claim was what they worship, if ur answer is carved woods and stone then u have ur answer
and can u pls tell me the different between worshipping gods and idol worshipping....

Na u save urself

We use the craven images(idol) to represent the unseen and immaterial Gods

In my view there's nothing like idol worshipping, it's idolatry- use of craven images to represent the unseen worshipped God. No one worships the idol, we sometimes place sacrifice at the idol's presence to offer sacrifice to the God. When we say we honor Sango, it's the force of lightening we talk about Not idol, demon or dead ancestor

1 Like

Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by macof(m): 6:26pm On Nov 17, 2013
dorox: @italo: What would you say to a man who heroically enters a burning building with lots of people trapped inside, including women and children only to come out some moments later proudly holding a statue of himself that he went through all that trouble to save, leaving those trapped in the building to their own fate?
Would you tell people of his heroic feat in saving his statue, or would you call him a wicked man with seriously misplaced priority?

Exactly wat Jesus did by saving only his statue but killing thousands
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by iamdsam: 6:29pm On Nov 17, 2013
Is it really a true image of Jesus Christ I don't seem to believe the images of Jesus Christ people portray about. I don't believe there images to be real.
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by Wahala90: 6:34pm On Nov 17, 2013
dorox: It only goes to show that if they had built their houses as solidly as that lifeless statue, perhaps their houses would still be standing with fewer lives lost in the typhoon.
The same thing happens here when struggling families sacrifice a lot to fund the lavish life style of their pastors in the vain hope that God would somehow reward them for such gross foolishness when they should instead be thinking of how to get the maximum utility from their income.

You wen no take your own flourish pastors, wetin you come take better? Mumu advocate!
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by Wahala90: 6:34pm On Nov 17, 2013
dorox: It only goes to show that if they had built their houses as solidly as that lifeless statue, perhaps their houses would still be standing with fewer lives lost in the typhoon.
The same thing happens here when struggling families sacrifice a lot to fund the lavish life style of their pastors in the vain hope that God would somehow reward them for such gross foolishness when they should instead be thinking of how to get the maximum utility from their income.

You wen no take your own flourish pastors, wetin you come take better? Mumu advocate!
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by Wahala90: 6:36pm On Nov 17, 2013
macof:

Exactly wat Jesus did by saving only his statue but killing thousands

So what are you going to do about it? Mumu advocate!
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by macof(m): 6:42pm On Nov 17, 2013
cutieemperor007:
Mathew 23:9 " But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my father only."
from the verse above, it is obvious that your god (Jesus) dosent even know the day of resurrection....

That's because No one knows. In fact that story of resurrection/judgment day is a complete false statement

Judgment works in Karma. Not some heavenly court room with a sky daddy as judge and satan as accuser and Jesus as defense.

This whole thing is simply stupidd to believe in
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by Nobody: 6:42pm On Nov 17, 2013
What a statue saving God the Christians serve
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by macof(m): 6:44pm On Nov 17, 2013
michu: People should be careful of what they say about another religion, no one has any right to judge som1 else's belief, being a member of christ embassy, catholic, redeem or a muslim doesn't guarantee heaven!

Everyone goes back to heaven, it's our home. No one can shot the gates of ur fathers house to prevent u from entering.

God is gracious and unbiased, God doesn't care about religious affiliations.
It's humans dat degrade themselves to slavery by subjecting themselves to foreign religions
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by Stlatyv(m): 6:54pm On Nov 17, 2013
I av a question. Is dat d ril pix of jesus? Or jst an act of artism. Who took d pix abeg? Was there camera device durin dat tym? Stop foolin urself
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by raffite: 6:56pm On Nov 17, 2013
Wahala90:
So what are you going to do about it? Mumu advocate!

Ask Am!
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by raffite: 7:00pm On Nov 17, 2013
This
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by dorox(m): 7:06pm On Nov 17, 2013
Wahala90:

Why the insult? Abi you or someone in you family be pastor? You are better off getting an honest wage instead of conning people to live like a lord.
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by jenuel: 7:14pm On Nov 17, 2013
It baffles me the manner and attitude of most Nairalanders on sensitive issues like our Lord Jesus Christ. People are advised to keep quiet when they have nothing to offer the public than making mockery with the name of Jesus. Please be warned.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by POPEII: 7:19pm On Nov 17, 2013
lilkech: The Catholic church is the largest and oldest christian organization in the world. They are the originators of christianity as we all know it today. Their beliefs and doctrines stretch across every single corner of the whole world.

Catholics believe in the HOLY TRINITY, this makes God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit into one and the same entity.

If you're a Christian but beef the doctrine of the Catholic Church, then you are just being rude to your "OGA AT THE TOP", only the religion of Islam can rival catholics. All other churches and religions are mediocre
well said .however I have to disagree with you on the Islam part. The Catholic church doesn't have any rival and Islam will never rival or rub shoulders with the true and apostolic church.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by Wahala90: 7:39pm On Nov 17, 2013
dorox:
Why the insult? Abi you or someone in you family be pastor? You are better off getting an honest wage instead of conning people to live like a lord.

To answer your question, I am not a pastor. The main reason I get angry with people who call pastors con men is that they talk like they are smart while in the true sense they are far from being smart. People give in Churches out of their own free will and for their own good. If giving is hurting their pockets, how and why do they keep giving more and more that pastors now flourish as you claim? It simply means giving is rewarding.

Yes, giving is rewarding. I am a living witness. People will keep giving more as long as it works for them. Whatever you say is irrelevant. When a smart person feels that a pastor has duped him, he talks to a lawyer. The "smartless" one will keep ranting all over the internet, posing like an i-am-smart guy.

My advise is that you get recreated and start giving or you just keep quiet.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Christmas In Badagry In 1923 Colonial Era (Photo) / 'any Christian Indulging In These Listed Sins Is Already On His/her Way To Hell' / Prophet Martin Kofi Danso Impregnates Church Member, After Private Jet Gift

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.