Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,802 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:05 PM

Odesk.com A Good Place To Make Money. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Odesk.com A Good Place To Make Money. (1742 Views)

Mobile Cook: Man Fries Eggs By Moving From Place To Place / Odesk Registration / Kiva: A Place To Borrow Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Odesk.com A Good Place To Make Money. by anex4real: 6:12pm On Nov 16, 2013
Am not a pro of odesk.com, but am sure their are people here who make a living working on odesk.com, with the little knowledge and experience have gathered working on odesk am sure it a good way we can tap into to make some few bucks. I will like to share my experience and put some people through according to my ability. It will be more beneficial if other pro on odesk.com can come out to chip in one or two things for us all. I want people to show interest before I proceed.
Re: Odesk.com A Good Place To Make Money. by Tonjeola1(m): 6:40pm On Nov 16, 2013
Carry go...bro! you will always help someone with the info...happy sharing!
Re: Odesk.com A Good Place To Make Money. by sgsltd(m): 7:30pm On Nov 16, 2013
the site is not loading , crap men
Re: Odesk.com A Good Place To Make Money. by henrimoto(m): 10:42pm On Nov 16, 2013
Nwanna, biko nu, share
Re: Odesk.com A Good Place To Make Money. by anex4real: 7:09am On Nov 17, 2013
sorry for the late response. I will start the tutorial when am back from church.
Re: Odesk.com A Good Place To Make Money. by anex4real: 4:34pm On Nov 17, 2013
let get started.
Odesk.com is a freelance site where clients employ contractors, the clients are the people that give the job while the contractors execute it. Odesk.com as a freelance website is filled with different freelance work in different categories. Do you think you have some skills in writing,coding,research work,programming,designing and any other freelance work you can think off then odesk.com is a good place to find work that matches your skills, with this in mind you have to sign up as a worker for you to work on odesk.com.
Registering on odesk.com is simple, go to the site and click on sign up, choose I need a work and fill in the form. Let me pause a little bit for me to allow some questions.
Re: Odesk.com A Good Place To Make Money. by Saryea83: 6:24pm On Nov 17, 2013
My guy,proceed! I registered on Odesk.com, but don't know how to go further! My payoneer Mastercard will soon arrive, but thought to use it for something else! However, with your tips I think I may further on Odesk.com
Re: Odesk.com A Good Place To Make Money. by stagger: 7:11pm On Nov 17, 2013
OP, how much you don make for oDesk?
Re: Odesk.com A Good Place To Make Money. by anex4real: 7:39pm On Nov 17, 2013
Let proceed further. The secret to be a successful worker on odesk.com is your profile. After registering the next and most important thing is setting up your profile, your profile represent your personality, special effort is needed to make a very good and captivating profile, nobody will give you a job without first checking your profile. In lame man laguage your profile is your selling point.
Let me give you some tips to set up a very good profile.
1. Let your profile be very clear and explanatory.
2. Talk about all your skills and what you think is an advantage to you over others.
3. Share the experience you have had in your field of work.
4. Let your profile be free from all sort of grammatical blunder.
5. Check profile of top workers on odesk.com and use it as a standard for your own profile.
If you need my help you can let me know here or reach me through my email on anex4real@gmail.com.
Re: Odesk.com A Good Place To Make Money. by anex4real: 7:57pm On Nov 17, 2013
[/quote]
stagger: OP, how much you don make for oDesk?
like I said am not a pro on odesk.com and have not been very active there, I just made $105.
Re: Odesk.com A Good Place To Make Money. by stagger: 9:28pm On Nov 17, 2013
Well,

I have made at least $3,000 on oDesk and currently have a running contract of over $10,000 which I have been doing for a year now. The truth is that oDesk's policy on Fixed Jobs which are not escrowed makes it very hard to get good jobs as you are stuck with the hourly jobs where employers prefer to hire Indians and other nationalities that bid prices that are akin to slave wages.

You can get one job and then the jobs dry up for months on end. That is how it is. The enemies of Nigerians on oDesk are people from some of these Asian countries who do not mind collecting $2 an hour, and the employers who will put affordability over quality. You also have to deal with a lot of racism as you will frequently meet people who will tell you flat they will not hire Nigerians because they are scammers!
Re: Odesk.com A Good Place To Make Money. by anex4real: 3:16am On Nov 18, 2013
stagger: Well,

I have made at least $3,000 on oDesk and currently have a running contract of over $10,000 which I have been doing for a year now. The truth is that oDesk's policy on Fixed Jobs which are not escrowed makes it very hard to get good jobs as you are stuck with the hourly jobs where employers prefer to hire Indians and other nationalities that bid prices that are akin to slave wages.

You can get one job and then the jobs dry up for months on end. That is how it is. The enemies of Nigerians on oDesk are people from some of these Asian countries who do not mind collecting $2 an hour, and the employers who will put affordability over quality. You also have to deal with a lot of racism as you will frequently meet people who will tell you flat they will not hire Nigerians because they are scammers!
you are right, I know some Nigerians who make nothing less than $2000 in a month, the secret is building a good long term relationship with your clients and having a good reputation even if your charges are very high, they will still want to give you jobs because of the quality of your works, I don't do hourly job because I don't have the time. The last job I did for a uk guy, he employed 6 contractors which I was one them, is budget was $12 for each contractor, I applied with a price of $15 which he approved, I discovered the guy invited a contractor who he has been working with for long, he paid him $25 for the same job. The key is building your reputation and long term relationship with your clients. You can also help here sir.

(1) (Reply)

7 Online Businesses You Must Avoid Like A Plague / Bore-hole Drilling Business / How Can I Close My Bank Account?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.