Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,291 members, 7,807,986 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:33 AM

Summary Of Procedure For Establishing Business In Nigeria By Alien - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Summary Of Procedure For Establishing Business In Nigeria By Alien (1351 Views)

Brief Summary Of All My Business Encounters Last Year - I Take A Bow / GTBank Named ‘Best Bank In Nigeria’ By Euromoney Magazine / Ford Gives Conditions For Establishing Factory In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Summary Of Procedure For Establishing Business In Nigeria By Alien by chikachike86(m): 12:33am On Nov 17, 2013
1. Apply for and obtain business visa "Subject to Regularization" (S.T.R) from the appropriate Nigerian diplomatic Mission.
2. Secure an address in Nigeria for the service of documents and other matters preliminary to the incorporation of the company.
3. Prepare a joint venture agreement and any other pre-incorporation agreement that maybe necessary if it involves a Nigerian partner.
4. Register a company with CAC.
5. Apply to register the company with N.I.P.C
6. Register the investment with SEC
7. Import capital through an authorised dealer and obtain a certificate of cash importation.
8. Apply for all the reliefs and incentives available for that type of investment.
For more detailed information regarding procedure an alien has to adopt prior to commencing a legitimate business operations in Nigeria please call +234 7069279374 or you can e-mail us at chika.chike86@gmail.com. Regards.
Re: Summary Of Procedure For Establishing Business In Nigeria By Alien by pearlworth: 8:20am On Nov 18, 2013
Hello, thanks for the info. However, I think you've not presented the procedure properly.

You do not need an STR or joint venture agreement before you can incorporate a company at CAC. You can register at CAC once you meet all the requirements under CAMA.

You only require an STR when you intend to bring on expatriates and you will have to obtain an expatriate quota first. Also, you do not need a joint venture agreement when you intend to partner with another company.

Further, unless the company is incorporated as a public limited liability company, you do not need to register with SEC. SEC regulates on PLCs, and in limited cases, LTDs.

Finally, when you bring in capital, you obtain a certificate of capital importation (CCI), not certificate of cash importation.

Also, a foreign company will have to register with NOTAP, where it intends to provide services that relate to technology transfer, hospitality etc in partnership with a Nigerian company, else it may not be able to repatriate funds (that's its profit).

I trust this will be useful to you.

All the best!!!
Re: Summary Of Procedure For Establishing Business In Nigeria By Alien by chikachike86(m): 7:45pm On Dec 05, 2013
@pearlworth, am so gr8ful for d correction. Regards.

(1) (Reply)

Check Out 1000+ Business Ideas For Business Start Up / 9 Tips For Growing A Successful Business / How To Make Money Online/offline By Helping People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.