Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,515 members, 7,808,878 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:31 PM

Igbos Are Blamed For Substandard Goods In Nigeria: Why - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Igbos Are Blamed For Substandard Goods In Nigeria: Why (17187 Views)

Please How And Were Can I Buy Goods In Bulk From Wholesalers In Lagos And Aba / How Do I Shop In Usa And Receive Goods In Nigeria? / Outsourcing Business In Nigeria: Why Can't It Work? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbos Are Blamed For Substandard Goods In Nigeria: Why by dahfweshdude69: 6:53pm On Nov 18, 2013
and the fools are still arguing :-|
Re: Igbos Are Blamed For Substandard Goods In Nigeria: Why by costandi(m): 6:54pm On Nov 18, 2013
dubienatti: I Just de wonda if there is any thing like Hausa made, yoruba made.calabar made, Fulani made .ogbomosho made,tiv made etc.
My broda, they can't make anything oo.. They can only make criticisms agains those ho make. Ndi ala!!

1 Like

Re: Igbos Are Blamed For Substandard Goods In Nigeria: Why by o42austino(m): 7:08pm On Nov 18, 2013
I hide my face in shame for Nigerians, here in this thread some people re blaming the igbo for what they call cheap and substandard goods.

but wait a minute here, how many Nigerians can Afford to buy an American Jeans for 12-15k per jean? but the same igbo men made it possible for u to pick a good look Jean at 3k.
How many Nigerians can walk into John Holt in Nigeria and buy a small tiger gen for 40-45k? but igbo man made it possible for u to buy such gen at less then 15k to watch ur favorite TV show and charge ur fones when PHCN is doing what they do best and the list is endless. we can blame the igbo man all we like but we shld knee down at the corner of our Room and thank God for making them part of this nation, THEIR USEFULNESS IN A NATION THAT IS POOR AND ARE ADDICTED TO CHEAP THINGS CAN NOT BE OVER LOOKED.

11 Likes

Re: Igbos Are Blamed For Substandard Goods In Nigeria: Why by Hearme(m): 7:10pm On Nov 18, 2013
How small pikin take know Ojuju Calabar?
Re: Igbos Are Blamed For Substandard Goods In Nigeria: Why by o42austino(m): 7:21pm On Nov 18, 2013
Littlehooper:

DELIGIENT TRIBE INDEED
IS THAT AN ACHIEVEMENT..
WHAT IS THE NAME OF THE MAN N BACK IT UP WITH PROOFS...
INNOSON GROUP are manufacturing cars and big trucks in NNEWI, Anambra state. any car,bus,truck u see IVM on was manufactured(not assembled) locally in Nigeria by INNOSON GROUP in NNEWI, Anambra state.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Are Blamed For Substandard Goods In Nigeria: Why by Wonderchild: 7:25pm On Nov 18, 2013
[quote author=Orlando Owoh]
Mr English teacher, it is not refer to, but referred.[R/oquo

Sorry, I don't agree with u. Since he used pidgin engish it should be na ur papa u dey reFer to and not na ur papa u dey refered 2.
Re: Igbos Are Blamed For Substandard Goods In Nigeria: Why by dubienatti(m): 7:27pm On Nov 18, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
I prefer okrika to those rubbish clothes you make. They flood Main Market, Onitsha. I was not surprised when I saw them in February.
Orlando Owoh:
I prefer okrika to those rubbish clothes you make. They flood Main Market, Onitsha. I was not surprised when I saw them in February.
Orlando Owoh:
guy cool down.. u hav got nothin against china.. wonda why u d beef igbo-made.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Are Blamed For Substandard Goods In Nigeria: Why by roxell120(m): 7:28pm On Nov 18, 2013
they are not responsible for it but standard organisation of nigeria(SON) and Imigration officers take the blame
Re: Igbos Are Blamed For Substandard Goods In Nigeria: Why by Littlehooper: 8:21pm On Nov 18, 2013
ngozievergreen:

Because hausas transformed their regions to America when they ruled?
And obj transformed yorubaland into London then?
How have these two grips fared better than igbos?
So, agbero and omo onile, Se.x scandals are your definition of well being, right?
lwkmd

HOW IS THAT RELEVANT TO WHAT THE TOPIC?
I CAN SEE YOU JUST WANT TO HAVE A SAY.....
I WON'T ASK YOU OUT BECAUSE YOU ARE UGLY. .

1 Like

Re: Igbos Are Blamed For Substandard Goods In Nigeria: Why by manny4life(m): 8:45pm On Nov 18, 2013
Orlando Owoh:

Why won't you prefer okrika? Lazy man, lazy thought, lazy reasoning... everything is LAZY. If you know how okrika came to be, you won't open your mouth and admit you prefer okrika. Don't worry, you preference of okrika is noted while Aba made floods the market and other West African nations. cool

1 Like

Re: Igbos Are Blamed For Substandard Goods In Nigeria: Why by obyrich(m): 9:01pm On Nov 18, 2013
Orikinla: Igbos are the most guilty in selling fake products and the worst are their fake drugs. Can you imagine how many lives they have destroyed with fake drugs? They are EVIL!
I didn't know you harbour so much hatred for the Igbos until now.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Are Blamed For Substandard Goods In Nigeria: Why by Nobody: 9:17pm On Nov 18, 2013
Littlehooper:

HOW IS THAT RELEVANT TO WHAT THE TOPIC?
I CAN SEE YOU JUST WANT TO HAVE A SAY.....
I WON'T ASK YOU OUT BECAUSE YOU ARE UGLY. .

how are igbos trying to survive in Nigeria
Re: Igbos Are Blamed For Substandard Goods In Nigeria: Why by naijamerican: 9:59pm On Nov 18, 2013
The anti-igbo sentiment on this board is DISGUSTING. You people need help!
Re: Igbos Are Blamed For Substandard Goods In Nigeria: Why by naijamerican: 10:05pm On Nov 18, 2013
o42austino: I hide my face in shame for Nigerians, here in this thread some people re blaming the igbo for what they call cheap and substandard goods.

but wait a minute here, how many Nigerians can Afford to buy an American Jeans for 12-15k per jean? but the same igbo men made it possible for u to pick a good look Jean at 3k.
How many Nigerians can walk into John Holt in Nigeria and buy a small tiger gen for 40-45k? but igbo man made it possible for u to buy such gen at less then 15k to watch ur favorite TV show and charge ur fones when PHCN is doing what they do best and the list is endless. we can blame the igbo man all we like but we shld knee down at the corner of our Room and thank God for making them part of this nation, THEIR USEFULNESS IN A NATION THAT IS POOR AND ARE ADDICTED TO CHEAP THINGS CAN NOT BE OVER LOOKED.

Exactly. those same idiots complaining about all the "sub-standard" goods that flood Nigeria because of igbo's should open their own market with the supposed "high-quality" goods that they claim is being denied them. If you can create a shop with high quality goods made by "white men" at cheap prices, the go for it. You'll be the richest man/or woman in no time. However, if you just sit for your computer typing rubbish, but have no viable alternative to solve this "horrible" problem as you put it, then shut the Bleep up.

I have never seen so many ignorant people make so many ignorant comments in one place before.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Are Blamed For Substandard Goods In Nigeria: Why by KKImoh: 11:59pm On Nov 18, 2013
Littlehooper:

SEE ENGLISH OOOOO "WHO THEN DID MY PIKIN "

"WHO MANUFACTURED" RATHER

ass hole
Re: Igbos Are Blamed For Substandard Goods In Nigeria: Why by o42austino(m): 12:40am On Nov 19, 2013
naijamerican:

Exactly. those same idiots complaining about all the "sub-standard" goods that flood Nigeria because of igbo's should open their own market with the supposed "high-quality" goods that they claim is being denied them. If you can create a shop with high quality goods made by "white men" at cheap prices, the go for it. You'll be the richest man/or woman in no time. However, if you just sit for your computer typing rubbish, but have no viable alternative to solve this "horrible" problem as you put it, then shut the Bleep up.

I have never seen so many ignorant people make so many ignorant comments in one place before.
The truth is that their is a company in Nigeria that sells Japanese Electronics and mechanical equipment but they are closing many of their shops because they discovered that many Nigerians can't afford their price but, sadly this re the same people that can not afford such prices are here on Nairaland shouting, many Nigerians re like Dog, if u like give it food it will still eat shit.
Re: Igbos Are Blamed For Substandard Goods In Nigeria: Why by Nobody: 1:34am On Nov 19, 2013
Aba things
Re: Igbos Are Blamed For Substandard Goods In Nigeria: Why by freeloki(f): 2:40am On Nov 19, 2013
Re: Igbos Are Blamed For Substandard Goods In Nigeria: Why by adabeke12(f): 6:56am On Nov 19, 2013
aventura:
God punish you. angry

y do we like to curse to much
Re: Igbos Are Blamed For Substandard Goods In Nigeria: Why by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:04am On Nov 19, 2013
naijamerican: The anti-igbo sentiment on this board is DISGUSTING. You people need help!
It is disgusting because you don't see anything wrong in what you do even if it is wrong. That has become your trade mark. This is what Yoruba will never do. Take the thread on Jimoh Ibrahim for example, no Yoruba is there to defend him.
Re: Igbos Are Blamed For Substandard Goods In Nigeria: Why by dubienatti(m): 7:41am On Nov 19, 2013
@ orlando owoh u ar down with indian made, china made, ghana made somalian made, togo made..eh.. dont let your hatred 4 igboman drive u mad... life is short..

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Are Blamed For Substandard Goods In Nigeria: Why by tonychristopher: 8:08am On Nov 19, 2013
those that blame igbos ... do they have standard reasoning and mentality...if they do.they shouldn't allow igbos people that came back from war with 20 pounds to run the economy for them and rule by proxy. so I think sub standard people deserve sub standard product.

the other tribes should up their game and the get an upped products.

by the way are your presidents up to global standard in terms of admin and leadership.

get used to sub standard things cos that what you can afford

1 Like

Re: Igbos Are Blamed For Substandard Goods In Nigeria: Why by 1mickie: 8:32am On Nov 19, 2013
Vacancy! Vacancy!! Vacancy!!!
1,300 per day!
Factory Workers Wanted 4imediate employmnt. Are u below 30yrs & an SSCE/OND holder? Do u liv around Iju, Ogba, Agege, Ikeja, Ojodu? If so, ua invited 4inteview by 9am on Monday18 to Sat23 Nov @ Prot Consulting Ltd, 77b Bank Anthony Way, green building facing d bridge btw Olowu Junction & Ikeja Shopin Plaza. Comwit writing materials. Pls infom all qualified candidats. #07043334011, 07043334013.
Re: Igbos Are Blamed For Substandard Goods In Nigeria: Why by Ceede19: 8:53am On Nov 19, 2013
L.M Ayedun..:
Topics such as this shouldn't be on the front page.
Nairaland is gradually turning into Tribaland.

'Yorubas vs Igbos' let the war of words begin.
why should it nt b on d front pages.or is it liar that ur goods r d worst in d world .igbo hoooo over like money.
Re: Igbos Are Blamed For Substandard Goods In Nigeria: Why by Nobody: 9:05am On Nov 19, 2013
too bad d yorubas crying here re the ones that patronise dis products. .. haha I am a businessman we show customers different quality but because of poverty u dudes go for d cheaper ones... stop buying fake...go for quality. ..

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Are Blamed For Substandard Goods In Nigeria: Why by winteriscoming: 9:07am On Nov 19, 2013
I knew this thread was a bad idea. 8 pages later it is still a bad idea. Why would the mods allow a thread where 95% is comprised of insults and tribal sentiments. If it was an American public figure spouting this rubbish we'll be up in arms.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Are Blamed For Substandard Goods In Nigeria: Why by Littlehooper: 9:13am On Nov 19, 2013
k'nash:
YOU ARE JUST A PRODUCT OF MISUSED SPERM.... BOTH THE SPERM AND EGG THAT MERGED TOGETHER TO FORM UR USELESS PATHETIC ZYGOTE WERE SUPPOSE TO BE USE IN THE LAB FOR PRACTICAL DEMONSTRATION.... I PITY U...... USELESS BASTARD....

ASK YOUR PAPA TO TELL YOU HOW U WERE BORN.... N ASK UR MAMA TO CORRELATE IT FOR YOU
Re: Igbos Are Blamed For Substandard Goods In Nigeria: Why by Littlehooper: 9:20am On Nov 19, 2013
o42austino: I hide my face in shame for Nigerians, here in this thread some people re blaming the igbo for what they call cheap and substandard goods.

SEE HOW A SON OF MAN IS REASONING..

DOES THOSE SUBSTANDARD GOODS LAST LONG?

SPEND YOUR MONEY ON STANDARD / QUALITY GOODS N U WILL WILL BE SATISFIED WITH THE UTILITY OF THE GOODS..
I AM SURE ALL YOUR CLOTHES WILL BE COUNTERFEIT, SUBSTANDARD......
YOU TRIBE IS A DISGRACE TO THIS COUNTRY.....
Re: Igbos Are Blamed For Substandard Goods In Nigeria: Why by Littlehooper: 9:45am On Nov 19, 2013
patmaine:
too bad d yorubas crying here re the ones that patronise dis products. .. haha I am a businessman we show customers different quality but because of poverty u dudes go for d cheaper ones... stop buying fake...go for quality. ..

IS IT ONLY YORUBA THAT PURCHASE GOODS IN NIGERIA?
YOU WROTE THAT COMMENTS JUST TO SUPPORT THE IGBO N THEIR EVIL DEED.... YOU ARE NOT A BUSINESS MAN... A BUSINESS MAN WILL FOCUS ON HIS BUSINESS,NOT BUSY READING COMMENTS HERE ON NAIRA LAND.......
Re: Igbos Are Blamed For Substandard Goods In Nigeria: Why by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:58am On Nov 19, 2013
dubienatti: @ orlando owoh u ar down with indian made, china made, ghana made somalian made, togo made..eh.. dont let your hatred 4 igboman drive u mad... life is short..
Why do you always hide under "you hate Igbo people" to cover your evil ways that have come be known as your trade mark?

1 Like

Re: Igbos Are Blamed For Substandard Goods In Nigeria: Why by aventura: 10:27am On Nov 19, 2013
adabeke12:

y do we like to curse to much
nne the post got to me.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Mike Adenuga Net Worth Hits $7.4 Billion, Becomes Nigeria’s Second Richest / Aliko Dangote Is $2.5 Billion Richer Than Oprah Winfrey / PHOTOS: Folorunsho Alakija Covers July Edition Of Today's Woman Magazine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.