Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,520 members, 7,801,413 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:54 PM

How Far Can Romance Go Without Involving Sin? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Far Can Romance Go Without Involving Sin? (705 Views)

Romance With Female Gospel Singer, Sinach Crashed Oyakhilome’s Marriage / Famous Scandals Involving Famous Pastors / As A Christian, How Far Should You Go With Your Girlfriend Physically? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Far Can Romance Go Without Involving Sin? by Xion: 12:45pm On Nov 17, 2013
Not too long ago, I read about things that threaten relationships during courtship. One of the threats is "little or no romance".

Looking at what romance is in the world of today, I was forced to ask "How far can romance go without involving sin?"

I'll like to get your opinion on this.
Re: How Far Can Romance Go Without Involving Sin? by Nobody: 1:01pm On Nov 17, 2013

1 Like

Re: How Far Can Romance Go Without Involving Sin? by fleyboy02: 1:04pm On Nov 17, 2013
Well on my own little understanding,,I think romance can go as far as uncountable years without sin base on the two parties that are invole, and also, it can just last for two-five days and you see dem wallowing in sin,,,,the truth of the matter is,,it depends on thier level of comitment and also on thier individual mind sets in the relationship,,,if for instance the guy is just thier to please his desires then definetly sin must involve if on the other hand the girl/lady also agrees to the terms of the man,,,,so for me,,it depends on what they aim to derive from the relationship
Re: How Far Can Romance Go Without Involving Sin? by Xion: 9:24am On Nov 24, 2013
fleyboy02: Well on my own little understanding,,I think romance can go as far as uncountable years without sin base on the two parties that are invole, and also, it can just last for two-five days and you see dem wallowing in sin,,,,the truth of the matter is,,it depends on thier level of comitment and also on thier individual mind sets in the relationship,,,if for instance the guy is just thier to please his desires then definetly sin must involve if on the other hand the girl/lady also agrees to the terms of the man,,,,so for me,,it depends on what they aim to derive from the relationship

For a relationship aiming for marriage, I'm sure limits should be put in place. Levels of intimacy should be stated, the kissing, holding of hands, hugs etc

I also want to state that having sex is not the referred to in this context.
Re: How Far Can Romance Go Without Involving Sin? by joyce01(f): 9:37pm On Nov 24, 2013
What do u mean by "romance " in this context? Is it d period of dating or courtship? If Yes, then I have a little to say. Sin as used in dis context is synonymous to impurity and d opposite of impurity is purity. often, we take purity to be a line and as long as we do not cross dat line, we are still on d path of purity. This implies dat whatever u do before u get to dat line is not a sin as long as we do not cross dat line. this is false. Permit me to tell u dat purity is a path and so is impurity. While courting or dating, purity should be our watch word Cos once you're not on d path of purity, u'll definitely be on d path of impurity. Let's not say, "let's do this or do that, as long as we do not do this(which is d line we have set for ourselves), we are still safe". That's not true. It's either we're on d path of purity or not, there's no sitting on d fence. I think we shouldn't see some sins as bigger than others Cos sin is sin as stated in 1 John 5:17a. Let's not even do anything that'll make us to leave dat path of purity in our relationships as Christians. I should also state here dat our relationships as Christians should be distinct from dat of d world. Let's keep ourselves and our relationships pure before marriage and even in our marriages. That injunction dat one of d reasons y relationships fail is d lack of romance, is a false one. With or without "romance ", d presence of God in a relationship is What makes it work.

1 Like

Re: How Far Can Romance Go Without Involving Sin? by Xion: 9:46pm On Nov 25, 2013
joyce01: What do u mean by "romance " in this context? Is it d period of dating or courtship? If Yes, then I have a little to say. Sin as used in dis context is synonymous to impurity and d opposite of impurity is purity. often, we take purity to be a line and as long as we do not cross dat line, we are still on d path of purity. This implies dat whatever u do before u get to dat line is not a sin as long as we do not cross dat line. this is false. Permit me to tell u dat purity is a path and so is impurity. While courting or dating, purity should be our watch word Cos once you're not on d path of purity, u'll definitely be on d path of impurity. Let's not say, "let's do this or do that, as long as we do not do this(which is d line we have set for ourselves), we are still safe". That's not true. It's either we're on d path of purity or not, there's no sitting on d fence. I think we shouldn't see some sins as bigger than others Cos sin is sin as stated in 1 John 5:17a. Let's not even do anything that'll make us to leave dat path of purity in our relationships as Christians. I should also state here dat our relationships as Christians should be distinct from dat of d world. Let's keep ourselves and our relationships pure before marriage and even in our marriages. That injunction dat one of d reasons y relationships fail is d lack of romance, is a false one. With or without "romance ", d presence of God in a relationship is What makes it work.

A wonderful point you made right there. I also think the romance factor in relationship can be easily mixed up and therefore should not be a determining factor in a Christian courtship, thanks
Re: How Far Can Romance Go Without Involving Sin? by khattab02: 11:38pm On Nov 25, 2013
Nonso23: As far as your "self-control'' meter can read. The lower it is the earlier "sin" creeps in and vice-versa.
Gbaam! On point, Well said.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Please, Stop Arguing About Chris Okotie And The Catholic Church / Pictures Of What A Nairalander Did To Himself On Xmas / .:: Man Healed Of Hiv/hypertension After 9 Years ::.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.