Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,022 members, 7,806,998 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:21 AM

How True Is The Statue Portrayed As JESUS Christ,is The Statue Really Jesus. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How True Is The Statue Portrayed As JESUS Christ,is The Statue Really Jesus. (647 Views)

Is That Really Jesus? By Reno Omokri / Imo To Unveil The Tallest Statue Of Jesus Christ In Africa (Photo) / Is Michael The Archangel Really Jesus? (revelation 12:7) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How True Is The Statue Portrayed As JESUS Christ,is The Statue Really Jesus. by gnabry(m): 1:33pm On Nov 17, 2013
Good day nairalanders,I have a serious question for my christain folks,ARE THE STATUES PORTRAYED AS JESUS CHRIST really JESUS?is there any page in the bible that says exactly hw jesus was in terms of his physical appearance?was he tall,,short,huge,Fat,,,thin and etci find this rather disturbing cause I see a lot of my christain freinds wearin the cross and saying that's Jesus and funny enough,they believe in the cross rather than the superfiacial being itslef.
When jesus was alive,most of us "this generation and generation before us"were not alive then how could somone from somewhere build in the mind of the people that the statue is JESUS,I also find series of christain movies disturbing,I see a man in cloak silk,long hair nd cast as JESUS .
Pls,I do not try to abuse anyone religion,no sentiments whatsoever is allowed on this thred,All I need are simple answers,thanks
Re: How True Is The Statue Portrayed As JESUS Christ,is The Statue Really Jesus. by Jiggyronnie: 1:40pm On Nov 17, 2013
Can't be really Jesus, there's no record of any description of his looks while on earth. If any d bible even said he was 'not comely to behold' so I believe he wasn't d way artists/movie producers have made him out to look.
Re: How True Is The Statue Portrayed As JESUS Christ,is The Statue Really Jesus. by saintkash(m): 2:04pm On Nov 17, 2013
good question.... am sure we gonna get a whole lot of funny n crazy answers too... front page @op
Re: How True Is The Statue Portrayed As JESUS Christ,is The Statue Really Jesus. by italo: 2:33pm On Nov 17, 2013
gnabry: Good day nairalanders,I have a serious question for my christain folks,ARE THE STATUES PORTRAYED AS JESUS CHRIST really JESUS?
No. They are representations/portrayals of Jesus that people use to call him to mind and all he means to us. Just like your father's picture or painting is not your father, no matter the resemblance. It's only a representation/portrayal with which you call him to mind. What's the difference between a picture, painting and sculpture?
gnabry: is there any page in the bible that says exactly hw jesus was in terms of his physical appearance?
You have forgotten that people saw Jesus...and they had painters and sculptors...and they had writings that are not in the Bible. Or do you think that only things found in the Bible are true?
gnabry: was he tall,,short,huge,Fat,,,thin and etci find this rather disturbing cause I see a lot of my christain freinds wearin the cross and saying that's Jesus and funny enough,they believe in the cross rather than the superfiacial being itslef.
Well, as for Catholics, we don't call the crucifix "Jesus." Though we know that a consecrated crucifix can carry the power of God just like Paul's handkerchief or Jesus' garment.
gnabry: When jesus was alive,most of us "this generation and generation before us"were not alive then how could somone from somewhere build in the mind of the people that the statue is JESUS,I also find series of christain movies disturbing,I see a man in cloak silk,long hair nd cast as JESUS .
Pls,I do not try to abuse anyone religion,no sentiments whatsoever is allowed on this thred,All I need are simple answers,thanks

They are just portrayals. Nothing to worry about.

Gal 3:1 You foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you? It was before your eyes that Jesus Christ was publicly exhibited as crucified!

Christ was not crucified in Galatia so think about how he was publicly exhibited as such before the eyes of the Galatians.

Could it be a drama...crucifix...painting?
Re: How True Is The Statue Portrayed As JESUS Christ,is The Statue Really Jesus. by gnabry(m): 3:50pm On Nov 17, 2013
italo:
No. They are representations/portrayals of Jesus that people use to call him to mind and all he means to us. Just like your father's picture or painting is not your father, no matter the resemblance. It's only a representation/portrayal with which you call him to mind. What's the difference between a picture, painting and sculpture?

You have forgotten that people saw Jesus...and they had painters and sculptors...and they had writings that are not in the Bible. Or do you think that only things found in the Bible are true?
Well, as for Catholics, we don't call the crucifix "Jesus." Though we know that a consecrated crucifix can carry the power of God just like Paul's handkerchief or Jesus' garment.

Gal 3:1 You foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you? It was before your eyes that Jesus Christ was publicly exhibited as crucified!

Christ was not crucified in Galatia so think about how he was publicly exhibited as such before the eyes of the Galatians.

k.so that means I can mould a statue and pray towards it bearing in mind Its JESUS,I can also act a nollywood movie tagging it "THE BLOOD OF JESUS"wuld be acting as black cast of jesus undecided,I find all this wierd,if u say during the lifetime of JESUS,there were painters,what of moses,abraham etc,were there no painters during those era and I really wish u could explain more on what u meant as "WE CATHOLICS"
Re: How True Is The Statue Portrayed As JESUS Christ,is The Statue Really Jesus. by gnabry(m): 3:55pm On Nov 17, 2013
italo:

and do u mean not everything in the bible are true? undecided
Re: How True Is The Statue Portrayed As JESUS Christ,is The Statue Really Jesus. by italo: 4:03pm On Nov 17, 2013
gnabry: k.so that means I can mould a statue and pray towards it bearing in mind Its JESUS,
I dont know whether you didnt read or you choose not to understand. Despite my saying the statue isnt Jesus, you still repeat the bolded.
gnabry: I can also act a nollywood movie tagging it "THE BLOOD OF JESUS"wuld be acting as black cast of jesus undecided,I find all this wierd,
What is wrong in acting Jesus? I find YOU weird.
gnabry: if u say during the lifetime of JESUS,there were painters,what of moses,abraham etc,were there no painters during those era
Wetin concern Moses with wetin we dey talk?
gnabry: and I really wish u could explain more on what u meant as "WE CATHOLICS"

By "we Catholics," I mean "we Catholics."

What other explanation do you need?

What does "we Nigerians" mean?
Re: How True Is The Statue Portrayed As JESUS Christ,is The Statue Really Jesus. by italo: 4:04pm On Nov 17, 2013
gnabry: and do u mean not everything in the bible are true? undecided

Everything in the Bible is true but not every truth is in the Bible.

Do you agree?
Re: How True Is The Statue Portrayed As JESUS Christ,is The Statue Really Jesus. by gnabry(m): 4:09pm On Nov 17, 2013
italo:

Everything in the Bible is true but not every truth is in the Bible.

Do you agree?
no
Re: How True Is The Statue Portrayed As JESUS Christ,is The Statue Really Jesus. by gnabry(m): 4:17pm On Nov 17, 2013
italo:
I dont know whether you didnt read or you choose not to understand. Despite my saying the statue isnt Jesus, you still repeat the bolded.

What is wrong in acting Jesus? I find YOU weird.

Wetin concern Moses with wetin we dey talk?

By "we Catholics," I mean "we Catholics."

What other explanation do you need?

What does "we Nigerians" mean?
wow..I can see u don't und me...when I say moulding a statue and praying towards it BEARING in mind its jesus,I mean in my mynd m praying like as if nothing before me nd. For '''''we catholics'u answering question with question,not all christains are catholic,,definately some other christains believe the crucifix is jesus nd moreover m not wierd,I find it totally wrong actin like jesus when m not,its just like saying tonto dike shuld be given d role of holy mary,isn't dat totaly wrong?

1 Like

Re: How True Is The Statue Portrayed As JESUS Christ,is The Statue Really Jesus. by italo: 4:19pm On Nov 17, 2013
gnabry: no

So everything not written in the Bible is false?
Re: How True Is The Statue Portrayed As JESUS Christ,is The Statue Really Jesus. by italo: 4:36pm On Nov 17, 2013
gnabry: wow..I can see u don't und me...when I say moulding a statue and praying towards it BEARING in mind its jesus,I mean in my mynd m praying like as if nothing before me
Well, if your statue draws your mind to Jesus himself, how can that be a bad thing? Although, we Catholics always have our statues blessed by a priest.
gnabry: nd. For '''''we catholics'u answering question with question,not all christains are catholic,,definately some other christains believe the crucifix is jesusĀ 
I dont care what other people believe and practise. I speak for Catholicism.
gnabry: nd moreover m not wierd,I find it totally wrong actin like jesus when m not,its just like saying tonto dike shuld be given d role of holy mary,isn't dat totaly wrong?
If Tonto Dike acts as Mary and the movie is so inspiring that it converts Tonto herself and many young girls who were trying to be like the old Tonto, is that totally wrong?

By the way, I think you should explain Gal 3:1 to me.
Re: How True Is The Statue Portrayed As JESUS Christ,is The Statue Really Jesus. by gnabry(m): 4:46pm On Nov 17, 2013
italo:

So everything not written in the Bible is false?
I knew u wuld ask question in reply to my question,ofcourse bible itself is a holy book nd I dnt expect words in it to be false neither m I saying words aside the bible is false,dnt get me wrong,just wanted you to clear urself nd moreova since u said m wierd,why dnt u ansa ma question ,should tonto dike act virgin mary in any movier portrayin ha self given birth to jesus,wuld dat be morally accepted?
Re: How True Is The Statue Portrayed As JESUS Christ,is The Statue Really Jesus. by italo: 4:52pm On Nov 17, 2013
gnabry: I knew u wuld ask question in reply to my question,ofcourse bible itself is a holy book nd I dnt expect words in it to be false neither m I saying words aside the bible is false,dnt get me wrong,just wanted you to clear urself nd moreova since u said m wierd,why dnt u ansa ma question ,should tonto dike act virgin mary in any movier portrayin ha self given birth to jesus,wuld dat be morally accepted?

I didnt ask this in answer to your question. I have already answered your question earlier.

Now I ask again:

Not all truth is in the Bible. Agreed?
Re: How True Is The Statue Portrayed As JESUS Christ,is The Statue Really Jesus. by gnabry(m): 4:54pm On Nov 17, 2013
italo: Well, if your statue draws your mind to Jesus himself, how can that be a bad thing? Although, we Catholics always have our statues blessed by a priest.I dont care what other people believe and practise. I speak for Catholicism.If Tonto Dike acts as Mary and the movie is so inspiring that it converts Tonto herself and many young girls who were trying to be like the old Tonto, is that totally wrong?

By the way, I think you should explain Gal 3:1 to me.
m a muslim nd m not. D type that does compare and contrast,,all I need re just ansas ,nothing else cause I believe we all humans nd every 1 has right to his or her own religion,nd moreover I cee u re a catholic nd all ur ansas wuld be base on catholic ideolgy,wuld need oda christains and muslims as well to make nyc reasonable comments,pls no religion war on this thread,perhaps we could all just learn. smiley
Re: How True Is The Statue Portrayed As JESUS Christ,is The Statue Really Jesus. by italo: 5:39pm On Nov 17, 2013
^^^

So I hope you have learnt something.

(1) (Reply)

Deeper Life National December Retreat 2013. / Testimony Of The Only Survivor Of A Capsized Ship / Counting Your Blessings, What Is Your Greatest Miracle Of the year 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.