Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,336 members, 7,780,881 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:10 AM

Photo Of Nigeria After 2015 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Photo Of Nigeria After 2015 (11341 Views)

President Buhari Back To Nigeria After A 4-day Working Trip To India - Photos / The "Backwardness" Of Nigeria After Hosting FESTAC 77, Myth Or Reality? / CPC Replies Asari Dokubo: You Will Recant After 2015 . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photo Of Nigeria After 2015 by Demdem(m): 11:10am On Nov 19, 2013
Onlytruth:

Some of you lose your damn minds everytime anyone says that you may have to STAY ALONE without Igbo or Eastern Nigeria. I know that oil has a lot to do with your fears, but I cannot help your fears.
Being outside actually opens your eyes to how things REALLY work on the global stage. You cannot see properly from your thatched mud house in Oshogbo.

Back to topic.

Can you show me any new country that was recognized by the UN without internationally recognized borders?

Love them or hate them, the colonialists actually SURVEYED and MAPPED the countries (complete with survey beacons), and documented their findings properly. If you go to Britain today, you will likely see maps from the areas that become Nigeria waaaaaaaay before Nigeria was cobbled together. That is why Bakassi had to be resolved with FULL Anglo-French-German participation.
The British actually conducted HISTORICAL, LINGUISTIC, and ANTHROPOLOGICAL studies before they drew the borders.
The book on the Igbo written by "Basden" in early 1900s captured the Igbo more than any book written by any local Nigerians. The "white man" is thorough. Nigerians are shoddy, and sometimes outright irresponsible.

When Nigerians stated creating regions and state from 1964, they did shoddy jobs and created chaos everywhere. For example, all the states created by Gowon in 1967 are obtuse and senseless, and the borders can NEVER be functional naturally. One may even argue that he created the states invidiously and with a view to punish percieved enemies. But that is not even the point. The point is that there are many agitations for new countries, but the UN cannot take all of them because it will create chaos everywhere. The UN is controlled by 5 permanent powers, 2 - 3 of which are past colonial powers. These powers will try their best to retain control over creation of new nations from their erstwhile territories. As far as the British are concerned, Nigeria is still THREE regions, and they have documents to prove it -THEY CREATED IT.

The countries that disintegrated did so along already existing (internationally recognized) borders.

Rants. Can only come from onlylies.
We are talking about realities on ground, he is busy talking rubbish. ND prefers to be alone instead of joining with biafra, na force?

3 Likes

Re: Photo Of Nigeria After 2015 by kakameks: 12:50pm On Nov 19, 2013
That map is quite interesting, at least it show cased the major ethnic groups.

However if this ever becomes reality what then becomes of the minority groups within the major ethnic group? because this division as i see it is based on ethnic sentiments and no thing else.

Can someone show me any of the regions that does not have internal issues among themselves?

Is it the north? recall the issue with hausa and fulani and those caught in between.
Is it the middle belt? Where violent clashes are the order of the day?
The west and and east, surprisingly share a similar affinity for quiet disregard and mistrust for anyone outside their individual states of origin.
Even the Niger deltans are not left out. i use to think that the akwa-ibom and the cross-river people are more united i went there for a job and discovered that they can't stand the other.

Now with all this in fighting the best going b this need to be own "our own" will be to divide we are left with individual states calling themselves countries.

In a world where other countries are forming alliances to form a united front to be able to withstand onslaught of top economies, we on the other hand are going the opposite way as usual and dividing.

There is more to a country that just declaring country on paper.

1 Like

DP
DP
Re: Photo Of Nigeria After 2015 by IGBOSON1: 1:37pm On Nov 19, 2013
Demdem:

As far as i know, the bulk of the people in this part of the country (Rivers/Bayelsa) will never go with Biafra. Copy that.

So how comes you left the area that should concern you, and you're poking your long Pinocchio nose into someplace else that's non of your gadem bizness?

This is always the case when these type of issues arise.....peeps from a far flung part of the country interested in, and wanting to know the composition and make-up of any potential country that includes Ndigbo! And then they go on speak for our neighbours, and say that we (Ndigbo) can't possibly live in the same country with ethnicities whom we've lived with (relatively) peacefully for hundreds of years; whom we've inter-married with; whom we've traded and done business with; and whom we never went to war with for expansionist reasons!

Nwokem, face your front!

7 Likes

Re: Photo Of Nigeria After 2015 by Demdem(m): 1:50pm On Nov 19, 2013
IGBO-SON:

So how comes you left the area that should concern you, and you're poking your long Pinocchio nose into someplace else that's non of your gadem bizness?

This is always the case when these type of issues arise.....peeps from a far flung part of the country interested in, and wanting to know the composition and make-up of any potential country that includes Ndigbo! And then they go on speak for our neighbours, and say that we (Ndigbo) can't possibly live in the same country with ethnicities whom we've lived with (relatively) peacefully for hundreds of years; whom we've inter-married with; whom we've traded and done business with; and whom we never went to war with for expansionist reasons!

Nwokem, face your front!

And which area is that if I may ask? Get ur facts right first before falling into a ditch.
It's ibos that aren't minding their business but will want to attach themselves with people that don't want them but will like to be independent and preserve their own identity.
Deal with that.

1 Like

Re: Photo Of Nigeria After 2015 by alexchiny: 2:28pm On Nov 19, 2013
Demdem:

And which area is that if I may ask? Get ur facts right first before falling into a ditch.
It's ibos that aren't minding their business but will want to attach themselves with people that don't want them but will like to be independent and preserve their own identity.
Deal with that.

Are you now from ND or SS? Mind your damn business!!!

7 Likes

Re: Photo Of Nigeria After 2015 by Nobody: 2:46pm On Nov 19, 2013
Demdem:

Abegi which group is yoruba begging to join them. Substantiate ur lies please. Believe whatever, it doesn't change the reality down here. Majority of folks here don't trust Biafra.

If u were so blind to tell me Ijaw citizen was ijaw, that means u are full of lies.
Are u closer to any SSner than an Igbo person is?
Am the one to tell u whether they prefer to stay with hausas/yorubas or with Biafra, if Nigeria were to break.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photo Of Nigeria After 2015 by Nobody: 2:49pm On Nov 19, 2013
Demdem:

Deal with that.

Then leave us alone.
its btw SSners and igbos in the SE.

4 Likes

Re: Photo Of Nigeria After 2015 by ikweremilitant: 2:53pm On Nov 19, 2013
lertee: Lol at "united Niger delta" I mean will that peasant looking area be a country as well? cheesy cheesy cheesy
The arewa has the whole land mass and that's quite encouraging should there be a break up. smiley
BiAfra hahahahahaha,that is the joke of the century,how do they survive. grin
Oduduwa republic will also pass thanks to stealing part of the middle belt tongue tongue
hw biafqa wil survive is nt ur headache

3 Likes

Re: Photo Of Nigeria After 2015 by cKaiser: 3:25pm On Nov 19, 2013
Onlytruth: The truth is that if ever Nigeria divides, it would CERTAINLY be along the regional lines pre or at independence.
Why do I say this?
Because Nigeria was created by a FOREIGN (hence international supervision and control) power. The British brought all the parts together and filed Nigerian papers at the UN. Dividing Nigeria is NOT POSSIBLE WITHOUT BRITISH SUPPORT, just like the Bakassi issue was insoluble without British, French and German involvement. This is the mistake Nigeria made before going to the court at The Hague with Cameroon.
The UN does not (and cannot) handle internally splintered countries without "international community" (world powers, some of which are colonial powers).
So, all these "Niger delta", "Middle belt" people thinking of nationhood are actually day dreaming because it will NEVER happen. The British does not recognised them. They recognize Northern, Eastern, and Western Nigeria. They may be persuaded to go back to pre -1906, or pre-1914. Nothing more.

Nobody wants chaos at the UN.

This makes absolutely no sense
Because what would the Ndokwa ppl be doing in Western Nigeria or the people In delta state be doing in Western Nigeria
Same thing what would Akwa-Cross-Rivers-Bayelsa be doing in Eastern Nigeria
Any disintegration would be like that of Yugoslavia. Into 7 or more states
Nobody wants chaos in UN yet they assimilated 7 states from Old Yugoslavia and 11 from old USSR

1 Like

Re: Photo Of Nigeria After 2015 by Demdem(m): 5:32pm On Nov 19, 2013
alexchiny:

Are you now from ND or SS? Mind your damn business!!!

Has ibo and by extension biafra strictly minded its business? Why ask what u can't give?
Re: Photo Of Nigeria After 2015 by Demdem(m): 5:34pm On Nov 19, 2013
ngozievergreen:

If u were so blind to tell me Ijaw citizen was ijaw, that means u are full of lies.
Are u closer to any SSner than an Igbo person is?
Am the one to tell u whether they prefer to stay with hausas/yorubas or with Biafra, if Nigeria were to break.

Ok, to u he isn't but u want us to believe that u are ibo and all these u know on an anonymous forum. Continue to delude ursef
Re: Photo Of Nigeria After 2015 by Demdem(m): 5:37pm On Nov 19, 2013
ngozievergreen:

Then leave us alone.
its btw SSners and igbos in the SE.

Then go to igbokwenu.com if u don't want it duscused. This is nairaland not ur village square. We discuss all issues presented to us here.

2 Likes

Re: Photo Of Nigeria After 2015 by Nobody: 5:38pm On Nov 19, 2013
Demdem:

Ok, to u he isn't but u want us to believe that u are ibo and all these u know on an anonymous forum. Continue to delude ursef
before, am I not Igbo?
Re: Photo Of Nigeria After 2015 by Demdem(m): 5:41pm On Nov 19, 2013
ngozievergreen:
before, am I not Igbo?

U claim u are. Won't bet my balls on that. U could be lying.
Re: Photo Of Nigeria After 2015 by Nobody: 5:43pm On Nov 19, 2013
Demdem:

Then go to igbokwenu.com if u don't want it duscused. This is nairaland not ur village square. We discuss all issues presented to us here.

Nobody presented Biafra to u.
u are giving yourself headache.
Y didn't u complain that kwara is added to u?
I asked u whether any Igbo complained when ur tribesmen said an odua nation is going to incorporate itsekiri, kogi and kwara?
Y are u afraid of igbos? they don't bite o

5 Likes

Re: Photo Of Nigeria After 2015 by Demdem(m): 5:47pm On Nov 19, 2013
ngozievergreen:

Nobody presented Biafra to u.

U have surely lost touch of our core discussion on this thread. Kindly go back to the opening thread.
Re: Photo Of Nigeria After 2015 by kepsi123(m): 7:35pm On Nov 19, 2013
CHESSBOARD:
We have always been with BIAFRA and its the best thing to be with them,

Not even worth a comment. And you are obviously not cross riverian or Akwa Ibomite
Re: Photo Of Nigeria After 2015 by Demdem(m): 9:56pm On Nov 19, 2013
kepsi123:

Not even worth a comment. And you are obviously not cross riverian or Akwa Ibomite

These ibos don't know what they are talking about.
ND wants to be alone. They don't want biafra.

1 Like

Re: Photo Of Nigeria After 2015 by Nobody: 10:40pm On Nov 19, 2013
cKaiser:

This makes absolutely no sense
Because what would the Ndokwa ppl be doing in Western Nigeria or the people In delta state be doing in Western Nigeria
Same thing what would Akwa-Cross-Rivers-Bayelsa be doing in Eastern Nigeria
Any disintegration would be like that of Yugoslavia. Into 7 or more states
Nobody wants chaos in UN yet they assimilated 7 states from Old Yugoslavia and 11 from old USSR

it is you that is not making any sense.
each of those countries were countries before yoguslavia and ussr
even russia has the same problem today with all those "republics" inside it
russia may disintegrate further one day too if they don't take time
Re: Photo Of Nigeria After 2015 by Nobody: 6:54am On Nov 20, 2013
Demdem:

These ibos don't know what they are talking about.
ND wants to be alone. They don't want biafra.

U still have not said what ur headache is .
Re: Photo Of Nigeria After 2015 by Demdem(m): 6:56am On Nov 20, 2013
ngozievergreen:

i have no pains. mine is to tell u guys the truth based on the realities on ground here.
U want biafra no problem but please stick to ibo land. ND can never be part of iboland neither will it be a willing party in Biafra.

1 Like

Re: Photo Of Nigeria After 2015 by OneNaira6: 7:20am On Nov 20, 2013
ngozievergreen:

He's Yoruba. If You Haven't Realized They Love Making Themselves The Mouth Piece Of Others And Feel They have The Right To Speak For Others Even When NoOne asked Them For Their Opinion Or Those They Speak For Asked Them To Do So. Recall The Said Guy You Just Questioned Pretended To Be From SS To Pass His Prejudice And What He Felt Was "Reality" Until He Was Busted And Mocked . I'm Shocked You Haven't Realized That's What They Do Thus I'm Wondering Why You Even Asked Him That. You Haven't Been Observing Their Behavior On NL It Seems.

@OP
The Map Is Wrong. Asaba Is Going To Be In Biafra. If Biafra Don't Want It, We Rather Just Be By Ourselves Or Create Aniomaland. There's No Such Thing As ND Republic. The Only People That Want It Is Ijaw And Small Portion Of Urhobo Ppl. In Actuality, when Nigeria Breaks Up, ND Is The Area That'll Break Up The most

2 Likes

Re: Photo Of Nigeria After 2015 by Demdem(m): 7:26am On Nov 20, 2013
One_Naira:

He's Yoruba. If You Haven't Realized They Love Making Themselves The Mouth Piece Of Others And Feel They have The Right To Speak For Others Even When NoOne asked Them For Their Opinion Or Those They Speak For Asked Them To Do So. Recall The Said Guy You Just Questioned Pretended To Be From SS To Pass His Prejudice And What He Felt Was "Reality" Until He Was Busted And Mocked . I'm Shocked You Haven't Realized That's What They Do Thus I'm Wondering Why You Even Asked Him That. You Haven't Been Observing Their Behavior On NL It Seems.

Prove the above assertion especially the colored with just a single post from me and convinced all that u are trully and

indeed not a Bastard.

Again i state, ND wants to be alone. They dont want to be part of Iboland. Biafra can go F**K itself.

Why is this difficult for ur kind to accept this basic fact.

1 Like

Re: Photo Of Nigeria After 2015 by Ngokafor(f): 7:38am On Nov 20, 2013
Frustrations at it's peak...i wonder why some old fools love to constitute a nuisance on a faceless forum with their garbage....
...if it's not chanting 'Jonathan' all over the place like a psycho,it's 'ND and Biafra' issue..
... an adult throwing tantrums like a toddler..pathetic.

2 Likes

Re: Photo Of Nigeria After 2015 by Demdem(m): 7:44am On Nov 20, 2013
Ngokafor: Frustrations at it's peak...i wonder why some old fools love to constitute a nuisance on a faceless forum with their garbage....
...if it's not chanting 'Jonathan' all over the place like a psycho,it's 'ND and Biafra' issue..

If its Biafra and ND issue then why is it on Nairaland. Why dont u go strictly to IgboKwenu.com and discuss ur madness there.

This isnt ur village square. We discuss all issues brought to our attention here.

For the rest of ur post, u sound really daft no doubt.

1 Like

Re: Photo Of Nigeria After 2015 by Onlytruth(m): 7:50am On Nov 20, 2013
lol Hate is eating up this Demdem guy. I only laid out what will likely happen should Nigeria disintegrate and the guy is about to commit suicide.

Here is a rough history of how Nigeria came to be. All the countries that disintegrated followed old boundaries.
In other words, what was coupled can be DE-coupled. Nothing more.

[b]1862 (January 1): Lagos Island annexed as a colony of Britain

Mr. H.S Freeman became Governor of Lagos Colony (Jan. 22)

1893: Oil Rivers Protectorate renamed Niger Coast Protectorate with Calabar as capital.

1890's: British reporter Flora Shaw, who later married Lord Frederick Lugard, suggests that the country be named "Nigeria" after the Niger River.

1897: The British overthrew Oba Ovonramwen of Benin, one of the last independent West African kings.

1900: The Niger Coast Protectorate, merged with the colony and protectorate of Lagos, was renamed the Protectorate of Southern Nigeria

Sir Lord Fredrick Lugard

1914: The northern and southern protectorates were amalgamated to form Nigeria. Colonial officer Frederick Lugard was governor-general.

1929 (October): Women in the eastern commercial city of Aba held a rowdy but effective and victorious protest against high taxes and low prices of Nigerian exports.

1951: The British decided to grant Nigeria internal self-rule, following an agitation led by the NCNC, Dr Azikiwe’s political party.

1954: The position of Governor was created in the three regions (North, West and East) on the adoption of federalism.

1958: Nigerian Armed Forces transferred to Federal control. The Nigerian Navy was born.

1959: The new Nigerian currency, the Pound, was introduced

1959: Northern Peoples Congress (NPC) and Niger Delta Congress (NDC) formed an alliance to contest parliamentary elections.

1960 (October 1): Independence. Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe became Nigeria’s first indigenous Governor General.[/b]

1 Like

Re: Photo Of Nigeria After 2015 by OneNaira6: 7:52am On Nov 20, 2013
Demdem:

Prove the above assertion especially the colored with just a single post from me and convinced all that u are trully and

indeed not a Bastard.

Again i state, ND wants to be alone. They dont want to be part of Iboland. Bra can go F**K itself.

Why is this difficult for ur kind to accept this basic fact.

Mistook You For Orlando Owoh Thus The colored Part. Secondly You're Yoruba. You All Do Speak For Others Even When Noone Asked. You People Have Done It For Every Community In ND, Including Mine. Una Have Equally Done It For Communities Outside SS. This Is Not The First And it Won't Be The Last. This Thread Proved It All. You And The Rest Commented and Spoke For Cross River And Akwa Ibom Peopl, Despite None Of Una Are Actually From the Two States . Ironically, Their Are A Significant Amount Of People From Those States On This Site. If They felt The Map Was Wrong, They Would Have voiced It But no, You Decided To Become Their Mouth Piece And Decided To Carry Their Headache Just Like Una Carried Anambra Ppl Headache.

Also, I'm From ND. I Know What ND Wants More Than You. Last Point, My Bestfriend Is An Ibibio Man And He Speaks About Biafra More Than I Ironically enough. He Was Actually The Person That Cleared My Eyes About the Mess Nigeria Is.

2 Likes

Re: Photo Of Nigeria After 2015 by Onlytruth(m): 7:55am On Nov 20, 2013
So, the merger between Lagos Colony (Yorubaland) and Southern protectorate (the rest of southern Nigeria) happened in 1900.
Another amalgamation happened in 1914, this time between the North and the Southern protectorates.
The British shrewdly kept this order when they created Eastern and Western regions in the south.
By the cessation of colonization in 1960, the British only knew THREE regions (to EACH of which they even promised to give independence in 1957).
Re: Photo Of Nigeria After 2015 by Onlytruth(m): 7:58am On Nov 20, 2013
If Southern protectorate (former Niger coast protectorate) is to be decoupled from Lagos colony, ie pre-1900, what we would have is Yorubaland on the one hand, and the rest of the south on the other hand.

If there would even be adjustments, it would be minor.

Anyway, I still believe that somehow Nigeria can pull through and stay together. The only problem I have with Nigeria is Northern backwardness and violent culture.
Re: Photo Of Nigeria After 2015 by OneNaira6: 8:01am On Nov 20, 2013
Ngokafor: Frustrations at it's peak...i wonder why some old fools love to constitute a nuisance on a faceless forum with their garbage....

Lmfao.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Cameroon Would-be Suicide Bombers ‘not Chibok Girls’ / We Have Not Sacked Adeyanju As Pdp New Media Director - Markafi (premium Times) / INEC Disqualifies 14 Political Parties For Kogi, Bayelsa Gov Polls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.