Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,848 members, 7,802,710 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:40 PM

"I Don’t Feel Guilty." - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "I Don’t Feel Guilty." (2491 Views)

10 Things That Youths in Church Are Guilty Of / You Don't Need To Feel Guilty If You Experience These / If Your Religion Is True, Why Do You Then Feel Guilty? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

"I Don’t Feel Guilty." by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:29pm On Nov 17, 2013
"I don’t feel guilty"

People often don’t feel guilty when they sin because they have "seared" their conscience. They have removed the batteries from the smoke detector of their conscience, so that they can sin without interruption. The way to resurrect a deadened conscience is to go through each of the Ten Commandments, reminding the person that they know that it’s wrong to lie, steal, commit adultery, etc. Always preach the Law along with future punishment, then pray that the Holy Spirit will come upon them and cause them to be convicted of sin, righteousness, and judgment to come.

"Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron" (1 Timothy 4:2) The Evidence Bible.

1 Like

Re: "I Don’t Feel Guilty." by Nobody: 4:33pm On Nov 17, 2013
1st to comment. I dedicate this comment to all my fans and family. After all the fasting, Thank God!!!!

1 Like

Re: "I Don’t Feel Guilty." by Goshen360(m): 6:53pm On Nov 17, 2013
OLAADEGBU: "I don’t feel guilty"

People often don’t feel guilty when they sin because they have "seared" their conscience. They have removed the batteries from the smoke detector of their conscience, so that they can sin without interruption. The way to resurrect a deadened conscience is to go through each of the Ten Commandments, reminding the person that they know that it’s wrong to lie, steal, commit adultery, etc. Always preach the Law along with future punishment, then pray that the Holy Spirit will come upon them and cause them to be convicted of sin, righteousness, and judgment to come.

"Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron" (1 Timothy 4:2) The Evidence Bible.

You cannot make remedy to sin & sin consciousness by recommending ten commandments instead of recommending the righteousness of God in our new status in Christ.

When people know who they are in Christ, as God righteous people, they will live RIGHT from the righteous position not the sin revival message you preaching here. Please try sit down on your own and study the word, leave these men alone for once because, their teachings are always contradictory one to another.

I was alive, Paul said, without the law BUT WHEN THE COMMANDMENTS CAME, SIN REVIVED IN ME AND I DIE.

Christ is the cure to sin, not the ten commandments.

1 Like

Re: "I Don’t Feel Guilty." by Ubenedictus(m): 7:17pm On Nov 17, 2013
Goshen360:

You cannot make remedy to sin consciousness by recommending ten commandments instead of recommending the righteousness of God in our new status in Christ.

When people know who they are in Christ, as God righteous people, they will live live from the righteous position not the sin revival message you preaching here. Please try sit down on your own and study the word, leave these men alone for once because, their teachings are always contradictory one to another.

I was alive, Paul said, without the law BUT WHEN THE COMMANDMENTS CAME, SIN REVIVED IN ME AND I DIE.

Christ is the cure to sin, not the ten commandments.
careful goshen, ola is right. Paul was very clear about the use of the ten commandment, it is a very good lesson for the sinner, the gospel of grace is for the believer not for the sinner who has no consciousness of sin.

1 Like

Re: "I Don’t Feel Guilty." by Goshen360(m): 7:37pm On Nov 17, 2013
Ubenedictus: careful goshen, ola is right. Paul was very clear about the use of the ten commandment, it is a very good lesson for the sinner, the gospel of grace is for the believer not for the sinner who has no consciousness of sin.

I thought you know better than what you wrote up there. That the gospel of grace is for only believers? I can't believe you said that. What gospel are you saved by? Law? Did you obey any ten commandments when you were a sinner to get saved? Gospel of grace saved us and we continue in it. It is BY GRACE YOU ARE SAVED THROUGH FAITH

1 Like

Re: "I Don’t Feel Guilty." by Joshthefirst(m): 7:40pm On Nov 17, 2013
Goshen360:

I thought you know better than what you wrote up there. That the gospel of grace is for only believers? I can't believe you said that. What gospel are you saved by? Law? Did you obey any ten commandments when you were a sinner to get saved? Gospel of grace saved us and we continue in it. It is BY GRACE YOU ARE SAVED THROUGH FAITH
but the preaching of the law in the gospel convicts the sinner of his sins, not so?

Sin which is the breaking of the law.
And repentance based on grace which is God not inputing the punishment of your sins on you since Jesus has died and resurrected?

I thought being saved had foremost evidence in repentance from sin?
Re: "I Don’t Feel Guilty." by Ubenedictus(m): 8:29pm On Nov 17, 2013
Joshthefirst: but the preaching of the law in the gospel convicts the sinner of his sins, not so?

And repentance based on grace which is God not inputing the punishment of your sins on you since Jesus has died and resurrected?

amen 1tim 1,8 shows us the right way to use the law and ola got it right.
Re: "I Don’t Feel Guilty." by Ubenedictus(m): 8:35pm On Nov 17, 2013
I don't have d time for a long arguement so pray tell me how will you preach grace to a sinner who has NO CONSCIOUSNESS OF SIN?
Goshen360:

Re: "I Don’t Feel Guilty." by Goshen360(m): 8:40pm On Nov 17, 2013
Joshthefirst: but the preaching of the law in the gospel convicts the sinner of his sins, not so?

The law only define sin and tells you wrong doings. The Spirit CONVICT the world of sin, not the law. Even same Olaadegbu once lifted article of the same men he always lift their article on what the law could not do. Check his profile and see that article compared to what is said here.
Re: "I Don’t Feel Guilty." by Nobody: 8:41pm On Nov 17, 2013
Goshen is right.....

Joshthefirst and Ubeedictus are preaching falsehoods....they are assuming that a non believer has no conscience or guilt about his sin......

That is false and we even have christians who lack remorse for sin....Hitler and pastor King come to mind
Re: "I Don’t Feel Guilty." by Goshen360(m): 8:46pm On Nov 17, 2013
Ubenedictus: amen 1tim 1,8 shows us the right way to use the law and ola got it right.

Bro, when Paul said in Timothy that the law is not for the righteous but for sinners. You need understand what it means, it tells them what they doing is wrong n show their wrong doings by defining their sins. It doesn't CONVICT them of the sins, the holy spirit does. What is the law doing to a man that commits murder but doesn't stop, rather continues to commit murder?
Re: "I Don’t Feel Guilty." by Ubenedictus(m): 8:52pm On Nov 17, 2013
mr judge careful, ola presents a case of a sinner who doesn't feel guilty for his sins, goshen thinks he should be told that he has been saved through faith, the bible doesn't teach that as the right course of action. Instead the right teaching is that of sin and condemnation we have earned according to the law then you proceed to teach that God has offered a way out of sin and e condemnation of the law i.e grace.
Logicboy03: Goshen is right.....

Joshthefirst and Ubeedictus are preaching falsehoods....they are assuming that a non believer has no conscience or guilt about his sin......

That is false and we even have christians who lack remorse for sin....Hitler and pastor King come to mind

2 Likes

Re: "I Don’t Feel Guilty." by Joshthefirst(m): 8:55pm On Nov 17, 2013
Logicboy03: Goshen is right.....

comot for road!
angry

When did I assume that an unbeliever has no guilt for sin?

I thought you said sin didn't exist?

Goshen360:

Bro, when Paul said in Timothy that the law is not for the righteous but for sinners. You need understand what it means, it tells them what they doing is wrong n show their wrong doings by defining their sins. It doesn't CONVICT them of the sins, the holy spirit does. What is the law doing to a man that commits murder but doesn't stop, rather continues to commit murder?
Sir, ola himself said the holyspirit convicts. He didn't deny it.

People often don’t feel guilty when they sin because they have "seared" their conscience. They have removed the batteries from the smoke detector of their conscience, so that they can sin without interruption. The way to resurrect a deadened conscience is to go through each of the Ten Commandments, reminding the person that they know that it’s wrong to lie, steal, commit adultery, etc. Always preach the Law along with future punishment,[size=25pt] then pray that the Holy Spirit will come upon them and cause them to be convicted of sin, righteousness, and judgment to come.
[/size]
Re: "I Don’t Feel Guilty." by Joshthefirst(m): 8:59pm On Nov 17, 2013
Ubenedictus: mr judge careful, ola presents a case of a sinner who doesn't feel guilty for his sins, goshen thinks he should be told that he has been saved through faith, the bible doesn't teach that as the right course of action. Instead the right teaching is that of sin and condemnation we have earned according to the law then you proceed to teach that God has offered a way out of sin and e condemnation of the law i.e grace.
thank you very much sir, for putting it in better light.
Re: "I Don’t Feel Guilty." by Nobody: 9:06pm On Nov 17, 2013
Goshen360:

You are trying toooo hard at finding faults where there is none..Go learn from spurgeon,wesely and graham how they preach the gospel.

3 Likes

Re: "I Don’t Feel Guilty." by Nobody: 9:11pm On Nov 17, 2013
Ubenedictus: mr judge careful, ola presents a case of a sinner who doesn't feel guilty for his sins,[size=16pt] goshen thinks he should be told that he has been saved through faith,[/size] the bible doesn't teach that as the right course of action. Instead the right teaching is that of sin and condemnation we have earned according to the law then you proceed to teach that God has offered a way out of sin and e condemnation of the law i.e grace.
Goshen falsehoods has been exposed. grin
Re: "I Don’t Feel Guilty." by Goshen360(m): 9:13pm On Nov 17, 2013
Bidam: You are trying toooo hard at finding faults where there is none..Go learn from spurgeon,wesely and graham how they preach the gospel.

Why would I go learn from them? Do they have 2 heads that I cannot learn on my own by the Spirit? Keep following men.
Re: "I Don’t Feel Guilty." by Joshthefirst(m): 9:14pm On Nov 17, 2013
Goshen360:

Why would I go learn from them? Do they have 2 heads that I cannot learn on my own by the Spirit? Keep following men.
take it easy and try to understand what we're saying sir.
Re: "I Don’t Feel Guilty." by Goshen360(m): 9:16pm On Nov 17, 2013
Ubenedictus: mr judge careful, ola presents a case of a sinner who doesn't feel guilty for his sins, goshen thinks he should be told that he has been saved through faith, the bible doesn't teach that as the right course of action. Instead the right teaching is that of sin and condemnation we have earned according to the law then you proceed to teach that God has offered a way out of sin and e condemnation of the law i.e grace.

You err! You should have asked me explain further. Carefully notice what I am jumping on Ola for. He recommends the ten commandments as a cure for sin and that's what I'm attacking. Get your facts right.

1 Like

Re: "I Don’t Feel Guilty." by Nobody: 9:19pm On Nov 17, 2013
Goshen360:

Yeah...we can see where it had gotten you to..Atleast they had tremendous results..Yours is ZERO.

1 Like

Re: "I Don’t Feel Guilty." by Goshen360(m): 9:21pm On Nov 17, 2013
Joshthefirst: take it easy and try to understand what we're saying sir.

My brother, it's you pple that don't understand aspect of Ola article I'm attacking. The ten commandments DOES NOT STOP PEOPLE FROM SINNING, in fact, people sin more as the commandments were given because given the commandments REVIVES SIN nature.

1 Like

Re: "I Don’t Feel Guilty." by Goshen360(m): 9:22pm On Nov 17, 2013
Bidam: Yeah...we can see where it had gotten you to..Atleast they had tremendous results..Yours is ZERO.

Thank you. Judge God people by their fame.
Re: "I Don’t Feel Guilty." by Nobody: 9:27pm On Nov 17, 2013
Goshen360:

Thank you. Judge God people by their fame.
Yeah..learnt it from Paul. Or do you want me to show you again from scripture??/ grin
Re: "I Don’t Feel Guilty." by DrummaBoy(m): 9:35pm On Nov 17, 2013

People often don’t feel guilty when they sin because they have "seared" their conscience. They have removed the batteries from the smoke detector of their conscience, so that they can sin without interruption. The way to resurrect a deadened conscience is to go through each of the Ten Commandments, reminding the person that they know that it’s wrong to lie, steal, commit adultery, etc. [size=32pt]Always preach the Law along with future punishment[/size], then pray that the Holy Spirit will come upon them and cause them to be convicted of sin, righteousness, and judgment to come.

1. The bolded is a false gospel.

2. The enlarged is the ingredient of a false gospel.

3. The whole post is the reason OLAADEGBU and those who preach his kind of theology are false prophets!

This is not the gospel of Jesus Christ. This is not the good news!!
Re: "I Don’t Feel Guilty." by Goshen360(m): 9:43pm On Nov 17, 2013
cheesy

Bidam: Yeah..learnt it from Paul. Or do you want me to show you again from scripture??/ grin

cheesy
Re: "I Don’t Feel Guilty." by DrummaBoy(m): 9:46pm On Nov 17, 2013
Coming to Jesus

In the gospels, Jesus Christ made a passionate appeal to men to come to Him: “28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light” – Matthew 11. Peradventure there is some one reading this who desires to come to Jesus and be born-again so as to be free from sin, all that is required is sincerity of heart, mind and purpose. One thing is sure: God is also willing to give His own life to you. The first step is repentance. This will involve acknowledging that you are a sinner and asking God to forgive you your sins. Know that your being a sinner is primarily because you are born a human being in this world and secondarily because you commit sins. So the magnitude of sins you commit does not matter; there are individuals who naturally are morally upright. Such people are as much sinners as Hitler, if they have never committed their lives to Jesus Christ.

When you have asked God to forgive you your sin(s), then you must believe that you are a child of God: faith. Faith is extremely vital because coming to Christ is a spiritual act that cannot be felt physically. You must believe that God is all too willing to receive a sincere and penitent individual who has asked Jesus to be the Lord of his life. Following this, you must get to know the person of Jesus Christ by reading the accounts giving of Him in the bible, especially the New Testament. Associating with professing Christians will also help you in this new found faith in Jesus Christ.

At this point I wish to make it clear that the process of an individual’s conversion is supernatural and it is the act of a sovereign God. There is more of the working of God in bringing men to salvation in Christ than what we do to be saved. So, while the steps enumerated above are good in themselves, God can save men in whatever way he wants. One common denominator to the salvation experience is that the person who is saved begins to know God more. Jesus said: “this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent”. Knowing God is salvation itself. When men come to know and understand the person of God and Jesus Christ, they can go to Him and believe in Him unto salvation. So as much as we encourage repentance and faith in God, what will ultimately cement the salvation experience is getting to know God more through His word and enjoying an assurance of salvation.

From my blog where I discussed The Gospel of Jesus Christ in a 5 paper series: http://www.yesufu..com/2013/10/the-gospel-of-jesus-christ.html
Re: "I Don’t Feel Guilty." by Ubenedictus(m): 9:49pm On Nov 17, 2013
Goshen360:

You err! You should have asked me explain further. Carefully notice what I am jumping on Ola for. He recommends the ten commandments as a cure for sin and that's what I'm attacking. Get your facts right.
where on the thread did he say d 10 commandment is a cure for sin?

3 Likes

Re: "I Don’t Feel Guilty." by Joshthefirst(m): 9:52pm On Nov 17, 2013
Jesus Preached:

Repent! For the kingdom of God is at hand!

John preached repentance.

Paul preached repentance and judgement

It is only when a man realizes the consequences of his sin that he'll realize the need for a saviour.

Without telling people the judgement and consequence of sin, goodnews wouldn't be goodnews, the good news would not make sense.

Preaching of repentance produces godly sorrow that leads to repentance.

Notice pauls epistles.

We must realize this truth, or else the church will continue to be filled with false converts.

1 Like

Re: "I Don’t Feel Guilty." by Goshen360(m): 10:12pm On Nov 17, 2013
DrummaBoy:

1. The bolded is a false gospel.

2. The enlarged is the ingredient of a false gospel.

3. The whole post is the reason OLAADEGBU and those who preach his kind of theology are false prophets!

This is not the gospel of Jesus Christ. This is not the good news!!

Ola and the law advocates are confused. You will always see contractions everytime he lifts article from his PhD teacher. Check his profile.

Even in this same article here, he teaches conviction of the holy spirit and other the other hand, he teaches law as a means of future judgment and recommends ten commandments
OLAADEGBU:

The way to resurrect a deadened conscience is to go through each of the Ten Commandments,

reminding the person that they know that it’s wrong to lie, steal, commit adultery, etc. Always preach the Law along with future punishment, then pray that the Holy Spirit will come upon them and cause them to be convicted of sin, righteousness, and judgment to come.

Always trying to find middle ground for the law and grace through faith.
Re: "I Don’t Feel Guilty." by DrummaBoy(m): 10:17pm On Nov 17, 2013
Joshthefirst: Jesus Preached:

Repent! For the kingdom of God is at hand!

John preached repentance.

Paul preached repentance and judgement

It is only when a man realizes the consequences of his sin that he'll realize the need for a saviour.

Without telling people the judgement and consequence of sin, goodnews wouldn't be goodnews, the good news would not make sense.

Preaching of repentance produces godly sorrow that leads to repentance.

Notice pauls epistles.

We must realize this truth, or else the church will continue to be filled with false converts.

It is the Holy Spirit that brings men to conviction of sin, that leads to confession and salvation, not you. It is when you believe you can do it in the energy of the flesh that you resort the the kind of "gospel" that OLAADEGBU is preaching here to win souls. God is sufficient to win souls to Christ by simple gospel preaching that teaches Matthew 1:21, that Christ Jesus was manifested to save sinners of whom all of us are chief; without the need to threaten fire and brimstones.
Re: "I Don’t Feel Guilty." by Joshthefirst(m): 10:28pm On Nov 17, 2013
DrummaBoy:

It is the Holy Spirit that brings men to conviction of sin, that leads to confession and salvation, not you. It is when you believe you can do it in the energy of the flesh that you resort the the kind of "gospel" that OLAADEGBU is preaching here to win souls. God is sufficient to win souls to Christ by simple gospel preaching that teaches Matthew 1:21, that Christ Jesus was manifested to save sinners of whom all of us are chief; without the need to threaten fire and brimstones.
sir. I agree on the holy spirits role of convicting. Its the gospel that is preached these days I disagree on.

We do not threaten sir.

We tell men that they're guilty of breaking Gods law, then we go ahead and tell them the good news of christs salvation from sin and wrath.

The real gospel brings about godly sorrow which leads to repentance sir.

Hellfire preaching brings fear, which does notlead to repentance, but sinks one in deeper in bondage and hardens his heart towards God.

We are not just preaching "Jesus loves you" and "you have a hole in your heart that only Jesus can fill" are we?

We're preaching:

For the wages of sin is death, BUT THE FREE GIFT OF GOD IS ETERNAL LIFE THROUGH JESUS CHRIST OUR LORD

And

Repent! FOR THE KINGDOM OF GOD IS AT HAND

The real mewssage brings forth real change and fruit of repentance from sin through embracing the grace of Christ Jesus

Other gospels make hypocrites, or religious people who profess God and still remain in bondage to sin and dead works and fear. People who think Jesus is life enhancement or goodluck charm and do not allow him to truly change their lives.

Let us preach the true message of Christ sir, with all burden and zeal to save the lost from the wrath to come.

Matthew 3:7 But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees coming to his baptism, he said to them, “Brood of vipers! Who warned you to flee from the wrath to come? 8 Therefore bear fruits worthy of repentance, 9 and do not think to say to yourselves, ‘We have Abraham as our father.’
Re: "I Don’t Feel Guilty." by Goshen360(m): 10:37pm On Nov 17, 2013
Oh, Josh,

I'm afraid, do you know the gospel that was commited to us in the new testament? Gospel had been preached from genesis and at different dispensation but what gospel is committed to us in the new testament? If you don't mind.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Short Story About The Grandmother Of Jesus Christ / The Myth Of Giving Birth Like Hebrew Women Was a Lie Told By Hebrew Midwives / Prayers Against Eating In The Dream PRAYER POINTS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.