Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,318 members, 7,780,782 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:05 PM

Why Do African Men Act Like They Are Doing Women A Favour…? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do African Men Act Like They Are Doing Women A Favour…? (4762 Views)

How Many Ladies Can Act Like This Lady If They Catch Their Husbands Cheating? / Do African Men Make The BEST Husbands And Fathers? / 15 Reasons Marriages Between Nigerian/African Men And American Women Fail (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do African Men Act Like They Are Doing Women A Favour…? by priscaoge(f): 5:42pm On Nov 17, 2013
A lot of African men act like they are doing women a favour by asking for their hands in marriage. But, let’s think about this: Women change their last names, change their homes, leave their families, move in with U (men), build a home with u, get pregnant for u, bear children for u, pregnancy changes their bodies completely, they get fat, and almost gave up in the labour room due to the inexplicable pain. Even the kids they deliver bear your name. And you have the kind of superwomen I see daily as a career woman, they also sweat and groan in pains in the gym to get back to shape for u, hoping that u won’t cheat on them with younger girls who haven’t seen one quarter of the pains that they have been through for u. Till the day they die, everything they do is in ur favour. So, who is really doing who a favour?
Dear Men, please appreciate your wives today. Find every single moment to remind her how much she means to you, and please also let it show in the simple everyday things. They dont ask for much and neither have they asked that you share the house work. If the tables were turned around, You (men) will NEVER be able to do all these amazing things SUPERWOMEN do..

2 Likes

Re: Why Do African Men Act Like They Are Doing Women A Favour…? by Mynd44: 5:45pm On Nov 17, 2013
Actually men don't act like they are doing women a favor, the women start jumping around like they won the lottery and blushing in 50 different shades.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do African Men Act Like They Are Doing Women A Favour…? by priscaoge(f): 5:50pm On Nov 17, 2013
Mynd_44: Actually men don't act like they are doing women a favor, the women start jumping around like they won the lottery and blushing in 50 different shades.
Men are actually polygamous in nature.
Re: Why Do African Men Act Like They Are Doing Women A Favour…? by Mynd44: 5:54pm On Nov 17, 2013
priscaoge:
Men are actually polygamous in nature.
Whoever told you that lied to you babe.

It is one of the biggest effect of centuries of subjugation and brainwashing as a result of the greed of a particular sex and the subjection and refusal to fight of the other sex

6 Likes

Re: Why Do African Men Act Like They Are Doing Women A Favour…? by priscaoge(f): 6:10pm On Nov 17, 2013
Mynd_44:

It is one of the biggest effect of centuries of subjugation and brainwashing as a result of the greed of a particular sex and the subjection and refusal to fight of the other sex
Lol, my Dear I don't need to be told.How many guys out there are faithful? All a girl wants is ur luv&financial care,but all a guy wants is beauty+brains+flat tummy+boobs+big ass+s*x(as if they can create a girl)+faithfulness+cook+cleaner.Pls,who's d golddigger?

6 Likes

Re: Why Do African Men Act Like They Are Doing Women A Favour…? by Mynd44: 6:20pm On Nov 17, 2013
priscaoge:
Lol, my Dear I don't need to be told.How many guys out there are faithful? All a girl wants is ur luv&financial care,but all a guy wants is beauty+brains+flat tummy+boobs+big ass+s*x(as if they can create a girl)+faithfulness+cook+cleaner.Pls,who's d golddigger?
As long as you keep telling yourself that lie, your man will keep cheating and give you the same excuse and yoke you for a monkey.

Demand that your man be responsible or get one that is

7 Likes

Re: Why Do African Men Act Like They Are Doing Women A Favour…? by Nobody: 6:26pm On Nov 17, 2013
priscaoge:

I think u got it wrong dea; I'll speak for myself, actually aall I want in a lady is just her unreserved love n Financial care; the other things u mentioned re inconsequential to me...

@ topic: yes, the men re actually doing ladies the very big n humongious favours of marrying them!!! I don't expect u to understand becos u re a lady; all the leady waant after d marriage ; is to be cared n cateered for her children inclusive (with all d luxurious life). A man, immediately he gets married everything changes, he's got to wrk extra! Pay d bills, get aa decent aaccomodation, plan for the kids to come, all those financial brunt re evidently on d shoulders of d young man!!! Most lady on d other hand; observes if after 1 - 2 year innto marriage d luxurious lifestyle they expected re not 4th coming, they mek their home a living hell for the poor young man...

A man going into marriage bears all these in mind n even more( I can't type all here). Buh a lady is basked in d fuss of d marriage life she is expecting to live(maybe seeing most of her friends re in matrimony)... N all dat; I believe this points of mine entrenches my opening remark! "Yes a very huge n humongious favour is gien to the gurl'

2 Likes

Re: Why Do African Men Act Like They Are Doing Women A Favour…? by Nobody: 6:29pm On Nov 17, 2013

1 Like

Re: Why Do African Men Act Like They Are Doing Women A Favour…? by jmoore(m): 6:34pm On Nov 17, 2013
Nothing else to say. Mynd_44 has said it all.

@op, Change your mindset or you will settle for less.

You called them men and superwomen. Balanced? smh
Re: Why Do African Men Act Like They Are Doing Women A Favour…? by Varagous(f): 6:34pm On Nov 17, 2013
men r aware dat women luv to marry early,so dey treat dem lyk trash and even afta d weding dey continue because dey know dey can easily remarry while its difcult 4d woman.........ITS A MAN's WORLD, u know

1 Like

Re: Why Do African Men Act Like They Are Doing Women A Favour…? by Mynd44: 6:38pm On Nov 17, 2013
Varagous: men r aware dat women luv to marry early,so dey treat dem lyk trash and even afta d weding dey continue because dey know dey can easily remarry while its difcult 4d woman.........ITS A MAN's WORLD, u know

Another well crafted lie. If you decide to go for your share in this world and don't allow anything get in your way, the world becomes yours.

The world belongs to those who want to take it.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do African Men Act Like They Are Doing Women A Favour…? by Alikaxon(m): 6:39pm On Nov 17, 2013
Yes! African men are polygamous in nature.
Re: Why Do African Men Act Like They Are Doing Women A Favour…? by Mynd44: 6:43pm On Nov 17, 2013
Alikaxon: Yes! African men are polygamous in nature.
Is it encoded in our DNA or our brain has a special part that dictates this? Keep lying to defend your cheating

Tell a lie enough times and you'll believe it

7 Likes

Re: Why Do African Men Act Like They Are Doing Women A Favour…? by jmoore(m): 6:46pm On Nov 17, 2013
Alikaxon: Yes! African men are polygamous in nature.

You should have more than 1 pen** to be polygamous in nature.

1 Like

Re: Why Do African Men Act Like They Are Doing Women A Favour…? by Mynd44: 6:56pm On Nov 17, 2013
jmoore:

You should have more than 1 pen** to be polygamous in nature.
Maybe he has more than one
Re: Why Do African Men Act Like They Are Doing Women A Favour…? by Nobody: 6:59pm On Nov 17, 2013
Varagous: men r aware dat women luv to marry early,so dey treat dem lyk trash and even afta d weding dey continue because dey know dey can easily remarry while its difcult 4d woman.........ITS A MAN's WORLD COUNTRY, u know

Pardon my correction grin
Re: Why Do African Men Act Like They Are Doing Women A Favour…? by Alikaxon(m): 7:40pm On Nov 17, 2013
Mynd_44:
Is it encoded in our DNA or our brain has a special part that dictates this? Keep lying to defend your cheating

Tell a lie enough times and you'll believe it
In the olden days, African men marry more than one wife, and they don't cheat on their wives, but this modern day, a man marries only one wife an use cheating to complement marrying many wives!

2 Likes

Re: Why Do African Men Act Like They Are Doing Women A Favour…? by ireneidiva(f): 7:59pm On Nov 17, 2013
Madam op, you dont need a man's 'financial care', make your own money! You dont have to be fat after giving birth, work out! You dont need to gym just because of a man, do it to look good for yourself! Marry a man that loves you the way you are and is not concerned about you bosom!

1 Like

Re: Why Do African Men Act Like They Are Doing Women A Favour…? by priscaoge(f): 8:44pm On Nov 17, 2013
Wen a guy takes a girl home 2 C his parents its called "serious relationship".But now its called"Format".If u lyk meet his ancestors,U can still be his EX.#Some Guys shaaa
Re: Why Do African Men Act Like They Are Doing Women A Favour…? by Mynd44: 8:49pm On Nov 17, 2013
priscaoge: Wen a guy takes a girl home 2 C his parents its called "serious relationship".But now its called"Format".If u lyk meet his ancestors,U can still be his EX.#Some Guys shaaa
Why are you so bitter? Just tell us what the guy did and lets try to help you

1 Like

Re: Why Do African Men Act Like They Are Doing Women A Favour…? by 2good(m): 6:13am On Nov 18, 2013
Women believe they own a man like a property when they get married to him. People should still have a life whether they are married or not. My getting married to you does not mean I am going to sweat myself to death to make you happy all the days of your life. I still have to make myself happy even if you are against it. Many women automatically feel they own your bank account, determine who your friends will be and the relationship you keep with your immediate family after marriage. All these people were already there before she came in and if she doesn't know how to adjust to the life, then the marriage cannot work.
It is even worst among African women who want to do nothing but sit at home, while the man works himself out and thesame women want the man to take care of her parent and her other grown up sibling. Many African women are more of a liability to a man than an asset hence the reason for their getting bad treatment from men. Even many of the so call working class women are guilty of financial mismanagement because from my experience while working in the bank years back, what most of them do with their money is buying of jewelries and traveling on vacation, while the men sweat their life out to provide for the family. That is not to say their are no exception to the rule.
A man must not kill himself because of societal expectation.
Re: Why Do African Men Act Like They Are Doing Women A Favour…? by Nobody: 8:21am On Nov 18, 2013
2good: Women believe they own a man like a property when they get married to him. People should still have a life whether they are married or not. My getting married to you does not mean I am going to sweat myself to death to make you happy all the days of your life. I still have to make myself happy even if you are against it. Many women automatically feel they own your bank account, determine who your friends will be and the relationship you keep with your immediate family after marriage. All these people were already there before she came in and if she doesn't know how to adjust to the life, then the marriage cannot work.
It is even worst among African women who want to do nothing but sit at home, while the man works himself out and thesame women want the man to take care of her parent and her other grown up sibling. Many African women are more of a liability to a man than an asset hence the reason for their getting bad treatment from men. Even many of the so call working class women are guilty of financial mismanagement because from my experience while working in the bank years back, what most of them do with their money is buying of jewelries and traveling on vacation, while the men sweat their life out to provide for the family. That is not to say their are no exception to the rule.
A man must not kill himself because of societal expectation.
I love u ma brother! U have said it all, u just nailed it . 4rm what U'v written thus far, we can sumarize with a phrase. "WOMEN re VERY GREEDY n SELF-CENTERED". God help them...
Re: Why Do African Men Act Like They Are Doing Women A Favour…? by Nobody: 11:39am On Nov 18, 2013
Mynd_44:

Another well crafted lie. If you decide to go for your share in this world and don't allow anything get in your way, the world becomes yours.

The world belongs to those who want to take it.

OP take this post seriously and things ll fall into place for you.Trust me,no one is doing anybody a favour in marriage,it is a cross mutually agreed on to be carried by the couple.Change this mentality about men being polygamous,if not,you ll keep getting screwed over.

Especially this " The world belongs to those who want to take it",true to the core.The name you bear,is what people ll call you(proverb).

2 Likes

Re: Why Do African Men Act Like They Are Doing Women A Favour…? by dayokanu(m): 11:46am On Nov 18, 2013
See who gets excited more about marriage, See who danced more during the wedding, See who brags about the wedding ring

See who ages faster, See who carries most of the burden of the house

And you would realize why one part think they are doing the other a favour

A man graduates and he worries about how to make it in life, A woman graduates and all she worries about is how to get married

Ask a man How do you hope to drive a Mercedes he would answer if I make money

Ask a woman How do you hope to drive a Mercedes Most would answer "If I marry a rich guy"

3 Likes

Re: Why Do African Men Act Like They Are Doing Women A Favour…? by bukatyne(f): 11:46am On Nov 18, 2013
Op,

As long as you think it is a man's world, men are polygamous and all women want is men's 'love and financial care,' men are doing women a huge favor marrying them
Re: Why Do African Men Act Like They Are Doing Women A Favour…? by Nobody: 12:38pm On Nov 18, 2013
Madam, stop peddling falsehood abeg. We no wan buy your market. Women do what they do to further their own interests. I'm yet to see an African man pester and disturb a woman for marriage or to start a family, not that it doesn't happen though.
You women are the ones constantly trying to hook an unsuspecting fellow into matrimony.
In place of getting married, y'all can just get $perm donors(if you want to have children) and get on with your happy lives. In that case, no need for change of name or children bearing another man's name, etc etc.

1 Like

Re: Why Do African Men Act Like They Are Doing Women A Favour…? by Polio: 12:58pm On Nov 18, 2013
dayokanu: See who gets excited more about marriage, See who danced more during the wedding, See who brags about the wedding ring

See who ages faster, See who carries most of the burden of the house

And you would realize why one part think they are doing the other a favour

A man graduates and he worries about how to make it in life, A woman graduates and all she worries about is how to get married

Ask a man How do you hope to drive a Mercedes he would answer if I make money

Ask a woman How do you hope to drive a Mercedes Most would answer "If I marry a rich guy"

And which man to shift her financial burden to ...

Poster

Favours .... Both ways!!!

I will flip it back to you, dear wives (including you, if you are one) appreciate your hubbys today.

1 Like

Re: Why Do African Men Act Like They Are Doing Women A Favour…? by Odunharry(m): 1:08pm On Nov 18, 2013
Mynd_44:

gbam..well said..i jus h8 dat saying "men are polygamous in nature
Re: Why Do African Men Act Like They Are Doing Women A Favour…? by Odunharry(m): 1:13pm On Nov 18, 2013
chaircover:

Not true. Men are not polygamous by nature or born to be polygamous. The polygamous ones choose to be.

I also deserve a lot more than just his love and financial care as you put it. Respect comes first for me. When he respects me, a lot of other things will fall into place.

The problem is that many place financial care, (which if you ask me shouldn't even be on the list of top things) over the important things such as integrity and respect and that is why many women find themselves in difficult positions.

I am also not marriageable just because of my physical attributes and my cleaning abilities. I bring more to the table than that. I am not a glorified housemaid.
God bless u 1000times
Re: Why Do African Men Act Like They Are Doing Women A Favour…? by Odunharry(m): 1:16pm On Nov 18, 2013
Varagous: men r aware dat women luv to marry early,so dey treat dem lyk trash and even afta d weding dey continue because dey know dey can easily remarry while its difcult 4d woman.........ITS A MAN's WORLD, u know
it evrybody's world dear...it not all men who do that
Re: Why Do African Men Act Like They Are Doing Women A Favour…? by Polio: 1:19pm On Nov 18, 2013
chaircover:

Not true. Men are not polygamous by nature or born to be polygamous. The polygamous ones choose to be.

I also deserve a lot more than just his love and financial care as you put it. Respect comes first for me. When he respects me, a lot of other things will fall into place.

The problem is that many place financial care, (which if you ask me shouldn't even be on the list of top things) over the important things such as integrity and respect and that is why many women find themselves in difficult positions.

I am also not marriageable just because of my physical attributes and my cleaning abilities. I bring more to the table than that. I am not a glorified housemaid.

PRICELESS!
Re: Why Do African Men Act Like They Are Doing Women A Favour…? by Odunharry(m): 1:20pm On Nov 18, 2013
Alikaxon: In the olden days, African men marry more than one wife, and they don't cheat on their wives, but this modern day, a man marries only one wife an use cheating to complement marrying many wives!
anoda lie again..can u provide proof that all men in the olden days marry more than 1 wife and also all guys nowadays cheat?

Let me ask u sir,do u cheat on ur gf/wife?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Things You Expect To Happen During Honeymoon / Is Marital Infidelity Genetic? / My Horrible Experience When My Relatives Came To Stay With Us

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.