Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,686 members, 7,801,979 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:22 AM

Awka Market Women Protesting Against INEC - PHOTO - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Awka Market Women Protesting Against INEC - PHOTO (20130 Views)

#BayelsaDecides: APC Kicks Against INEC’s Cancellation Of Elections / Buhari & Ojukwu Protesting Against Obasanjo's Govt (throwback Pic) / Disabled Men And Women Protesting In PH Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Awka Market Women Protesting Against INEC - PHOTO by EzePromoe: 4:55am On Nov 18, 2013

Some market women who said they were disenfranchised by INEC during Saturday's gubernatorial election protested at INEC office at Awka yesterday during collation of election results.

SOURCE: SAHARAREPORTERS

1 Like

Re: Awka Market Women Protesting Against INEC - PHOTO by EzePromoe: 7:41am On Nov 18, 2013

Hundreds of women on Sunday marched through major streets in Awka to protest against the Nov. 16 governorship election in the state.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the women who gathered at Arroma Junction marched through Alex Ekwueme Square to the INEC office in the state capital.
A member of the group who declined to identify herself said they would not accept the result of the election because there was no voting in most parts of the state.
She said the women in the state were disappointed with the conduct of the election and called on INEC to organise a fresh one.
“We want to tell the world that we are not happy with the Anambra election and we were not allowed to vote due to the lapses.
“We were disenfranchised and at the end of the day, results will be announced to us.This election should be cancelled because it is beyond Idemili North,’’ she said in reference to an area where the ballot was rescheduled for Sunday.
Meanwhile, security personnel at the INEC office stopped the women from entering the premises.
There were complaints by the electorate over cases of disenfranchisement in the election.
Mr Tony Nwonye, the candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and members of his family could not vote as their names did not appear on the voters’ register.
Sen. Chris Ngige of the APC also alleged that most voters in Anambra Central could not vote due to late and non-arrival of poll officials and materials.
INEC rescheduled voting in 65 polling units in Obosi, Idemili North local government, for Sunday. (NAN)

http://dailypost.com.ng/2013/11/18/women-protest-against-anambra-election/
Re: Awka Market Women Protesting Against INEC - PHOTO by Youngzedd(m): 7:49am On Nov 18, 2013
This is serious.
Re: Awka Market Women Protesting Against INEC - PHOTO by Greatken007(m): 7:50am On Nov 18, 2013
ANOTHER ABA WOMEN RIOT ON PROWL...DONT ALLOW PPLE TO RIGHT YOUR HISTORY

1 Like

Re: Awka Market Women Protesting Against INEC - PHOTO by MayorofLagos(m): 7:59am On Nov 18, 2013
What a twist of fortune! grin

Ibo women are politically more conscious than their men. Unlike the politically inept Ibo men, the women are quick to recognize a breach in social contract and to demand a redress. Perharps all the parties in SE should be fielding women guber candidates going forward.

26 Likes

Re: Awka Market Women Protesting Against INEC - PHOTO by Nobody: 8:03am On Nov 18, 2013
Denying these women the right to vote is the highest injustice in any election conducted. They shouldn't relent in their protest till the election is canceled and a fresh one is conducted.
Re: Awka Market Women Protesting Against INEC - PHOTO by gratiaeo(m): 8:10am On Nov 18, 2013
berem: ..
Lol......
This girl don't go commit suicide o

9 Likes

Re: Awka Market Women Protesting Against INEC - PHOTO by Nobody: 8:17am On Nov 18, 2013
gratiaeo:
Lol......
This girl don't go commit suicide o
You should try it first and lemme know how it feels to hang your neck with a rope on a ceiling fan. tongue

3 Likes

Re: Awka Market Women Protesting Against INEC - PHOTO by levelszik(m): 8:23am On Nov 18, 2013
Let's see d result first jhor,this my anambra election is taking too long.
Re: Awka Market Women Protesting Against INEC - PHOTO by levelszik(m): 8:29am On Nov 18, 2013
;DLol @ those ones rolling on the floor,wait make trailer meet u there.
Re: Awka Market Women Protesting Against INEC - PHOTO by ezeagu(m): 8:31am On Nov 18, 2013
So women are at the head of protests in Nigeria generally.
Re: Awka Market Women Protesting Against INEC - PHOTO by nrdgeek: 8:34am On Nov 18, 2013
Suffrage (the right to vote), in my opinion, is equal to the freedom of speech. This makes it an inalienable right that cannot be transferred to another or surrendered except willingly by the individual who owns the right.
These women have been disenfranchised. Their right to freedom to express their anger, disappointment and consternation or approval, acceptance and joy, as the case may be, has been violated. It is only fair that they be entitled to redress.

2 Likes

Re: Awka Market Women Protesting Against INEC - PHOTO by EzePromoe: 8:37am On Nov 18, 2013
Mayor_of_Lagos: What a twist of fortune! grin

Ibo women are politically more conscious than their men. Unlike the politically inept Ibo men, the women are quick to recognize a breach in social contract and to demand a redress. Perharps all the parties in SE should be fielding women guber candidates going forward.
But the first and only female to ever govern a state was Virginia Etiaba of Anambra state undecided

2 Likes

Re: Awka Market Women Protesting Against INEC - PHOTO by Nobody: 8:38am On Nov 18, 2013
see what apga is putting our women through angry

1 Like

Re: Awka Market Women Protesting Against INEC - PHOTO by Judek2(m): 8:44am On Nov 18, 2013
Hope this will change something.
Re: Awka Market Women Protesting Against INEC - PHOTO by femogbangba: 9:40am On Nov 18, 2013
.....Interestin
Re: Awka Market Women Protesting Against INEC - PHOTO by LMAyedun(m): 9:42am On Nov 18, 2013
Na wah oooh!!
Just wondering what 2015 elections will look like.
Re: Awka Market Women Protesting Against INEC - PHOTO by Sijo01(f): 9:42am On Nov 18, 2013
Awka women riot of 2013
Re: Awka Market Women Protesting Against INEC - PHOTO by Nobody: 9:44am On Nov 18, 2013
The journalist, I mean the guy with recorder looks familiar. Seeing him there, I can authoritatively confirm that the setting is truly Awka. SMH for Peter Obi's style of rigging undecided

1 Like

Re: Awka Market Women Protesting Against INEC - PHOTO by hardeyincah(m): 9:47am On Nov 18, 2013
Eze Promoe:
But the first and only female to ever govern a state was Virginia Etiaba of Anambra state undecided
i too know, we beg u make u tell us?

2 Likes

Re: Awka Market Women Protesting Against INEC - PHOTO by alexchiny: 9:48am On Nov 18, 2013
Paid protesters! PDP and APC should get ready for the supplementary elections oo. Up APGA!
Re: Awka Market Women Protesting Against INEC - PHOTO by Iceman296: 9:48am On Nov 18, 2013
Lolz. I Love this Move By these Women; They Know their vote would determine their Future and They ain't Satisfied with the Outcome. Let the Elections be Rescheduled!

1 Like

Re: Awka Market Women Protesting Against INEC - PHOTO by Cuche: 9:48am On Nov 18, 2013
https://www.nairaland.com/1521804/anambra-elections-planned-one-million
More Protests on the way
INEC /Police complicity must be properly investigated. Many of their officials will be smiling to the bank courtesy of Anambra State Government
Re: Awka Market Women Protesting Against INEC - PHOTO by snika: 9:49am On Nov 18, 2013
Oboy see plenty women making easy money o. shocked I trust our women sha.
Collect the money and 'weep' like a hynea whom a full-sized broom was sticked up into his butt grin

Abeg, APC e-worryos, any idea when the Weeping Ceremony will be organised for the youth? I won't like to miss this money-making opportunity.

Infact I'm going there to collect contract, I want to start writing movie for Buhari and Tinubu grin

1 Like

Re: Awka Market Women Protesting Against INEC - PHOTO by Biggyd2: 9:49am On Nov 18, 2013
This is just one state and things turned out this way, I shudder at what will happen in 2015! We still have a very long way to go in this country. sad angry

1 Like

Re: Awka Market Women Protesting Against INEC - PHOTO by mankand(m): 9:50am On Nov 18, 2013
False flag
Re: Awka Market Women Protesting Against INEC - PHOTO by jpphilips(m): 9:50am On Nov 18, 2013
alexchiny: Paid protesters! PDP and APC should get ready for the supplementary elections oo. Up APGA!

I don't think so, AIT went round most churches in Idemmili and they were filled to capacity, who did the voting then?
Re: Awka Market Women Protesting Against INEC - PHOTO by Nobody: 9:54am On Nov 18, 2013
undecidedDis women are silly

5 Likes

Re: Awka Market Women Protesting Against INEC - PHOTO by Willgates(m): 9:55am On Nov 18, 2013
If INEC can't conduct a credible election in just a single state, how much more a whole country? Nigeria is doomed!
Re: Awka Market Women Protesting Against INEC - PHOTO by alexchiny: 9:57am On Nov 18, 2013
jp philips:

I don't think so, AIT went round most churches in Idemmili and they were filled to capacity, who did the voting then?

The accreditation was extended to 2PM. Elections there started by 2pm, so what are you saying sir? The point is, even if APC wins 70percent of the votes there, they wont still win. They should give it up. No hope for APC in Anambra!!

3 Likes

Re: Awka Market Women Protesting Against INEC - PHOTO by EzePromoe: 9:58am On Nov 18, 2013
hardeyincah: i too know, we beg u make u tell us?
Ask your brother that I quoted undecided
Re: Awka Market Women Protesting Against INEC - PHOTO by Nobody: 9:58am On Nov 18, 2013
Mayor_of_Lagos: What a twist of fortune! grin

All these because ngige lost

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bomb Blast At Military Checkpoint In Biu, Many Feared killed - Mezie Times / Meet Top 7 Women Heavily Involved In Nigeria's Leadership / APC Presidential Campaign Council Meeting (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.