Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,816 members, 7,802,619 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:31 PM

INEC Official Arrested For Fraud In Anambra - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC Official Arrested For Fraud In Anambra (15661 Views)

Rivers Re-run: INEC Official Arrested With Controversial Result Sheets / Fake INEC Official Arrested In Famgbe, Bayelsa By The Police (Photo) / We Were Forced To Rig In Favour Of APC - INEC Official (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

INEC Official Arrested For Fraud In Anambra by operator222(m): 8:00am On Nov 18, 2013
Abuja - An official from the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) and a government counterpart have been arrested for alleged electoral fraud this past weekend.

The INEC official was identified as Okeke Chukwujekwu, who was in charge of Idemili North area of Anambra State while the government official was not named.

The INEC chairman Professor Atahiru Jega, said the electoral officer held some results sheets and distributed false result sheets.

“The Electoral Officer of Idemili North, for some inexplicable reason messed up the distribution of electoral material. He held some results sheets and in turn distributed false result sheets,” Jega said.

Jega added that the electoral officer and the local government supervisor had been handed to the police.

“We believe strongly that there was connivance between the electoral officer and unknown agents to subvert the electoral process. We are serious about this matter and whoever is responsible will be apprehended and handed over for prosecution”

The INEC chairman said people who allegedly bribed the electoral officer would be arrested.

“We need to collectively pay attention to people responsible for financially inducing electoral officer,” he said.

He assured Nigerians that INEC would ensure transparent elections in 2015 despite such corrupt elements within the organisation.

“Nigerians should be rest assured that INEC will be much better in 2015,” said Chukwujekwu.

http://www.news24.com.ng/Politics/News/INEC-official-arrested-for-fraud-20131118
Re: INEC Official Arrested For Fraud In Anambra by DonColz1(m): 9:42am On Nov 18, 2013
mehn i must talk oh, this thing don tire me, everywhere there must be miss something, we get Miss world, miss universe, miss ecowas, miss Nigeria, miss tourism, the one wey pain me na when i begin see miss tax, miss nysc, miss petroleum, miss CNN, i don tire for all this miss miss oh, very soon we go dey see miss ASUU , miss Boko haram, Miss INEC, miss aso rock, this is too much nah, i must talk oh anyway we thank God that they arrested the man who cause this problem.

3 Likes

Re: INEC Official Arrested For Fraud In Anambra by etudaddy(m): 9:43am On Nov 18, 2013
Nearly but second no bad sha.

Everybody don shift mind go anambra now and we don dey forget oduah.

Police as una dey arrest the guy make una arrest oduah join.

2 Likes

Re: INEC Official Arrested For Fraud In Anambra by femogbangba: 9:43am On Nov 18, 2013
Re: INEC Official Arrested For Fraud In Anambra by Sabiman(m): 9:43am On Nov 18, 2013
In the words of Plato:

"....Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber....."

4 Likes

Re: INEC Official Arrested For Fraud In Anambra by Decapo: 9:44am On Nov 18, 2013
Re: INEC Official Arrested For Fraud In Anambra by Branzy(m): 9:44am On Nov 18, 2013
nija 4 u.... how una take pass me.. made 1st page still
Re: INEC Official Arrested For Fraud In Anambra by tmtech: 9:44am On Nov 18, 2013
⌣»̶·̵̭̌·̵̭̌✽̤̈̊Ŧђɑ̤̥̈̊п̥̥̲̣̣̣kƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇✽̤̈̊·̵̭̌·̵̭̌«̶ God we no longer do general governorship election

Imagine,jst in one state alone......
This country sha......no body to trust.....
Fruadster don dey every wia

1 Like

Re: INEC Official Arrested For Fraud In Anambra by Sijo01(f): 9:44am On Nov 18, 2013
He should be use as skelewu.
Re: INEC Official Arrested For Fraud In Anambra by lillies: 9:45am On Nov 18, 2013
DonColz1: Ll
busted:p

1 Like

Re: INEC Official Arrested For Fraud In Anambra by Iykebestbt(m): 9:45am On Nov 18, 2013
One of those useless stories..everything was staged
Re: INEC Official Arrested For Fraud In Anambra by Lanceslot(m): 9:45am On Nov 18, 2013
Odikwa egwu.
Re: INEC Official Arrested For Fraud In Anambra by Adexprint(m): 9:45am On Nov 18, 2013
stop witholding the names of criminals and publish the names of those involved.

6 Likes

Re: INEC Official Arrested For Fraud In Anambra by Ezebinaugwu(m): 9:45am On Nov 18, 2013
Money don change hands be dat
Re: INEC Official Arrested For Fraud In Anambra by wellmax(m): 9:46am On Nov 18, 2013
Corruption everywhere.
Re: INEC Official Arrested For Fraud In Anambra by LMAyedun(m): 9:46am On Nov 18, 2013
Bunch of Corrupt oldmen.

1 Like

Re: INEC Official Arrested For Fraud In Anambra by akatonero(m): 9:46am On Nov 18, 2013
What about Oduah case? Under carpet soo we expect same here. Fela once said them go dabaru everything!!! Govt magic. Mk una go sitdown jare......
Re: INEC Official Arrested For Fraud In Anambra by extremelygolden: 9:47am On Nov 18, 2013
I know it'll get to this!
Re: INEC Official Arrested For Fraud In Anambra by Nobody: 9:47am On Nov 18, 2013
Iykebestbt: One of those useless stories..everything was staged
Mr. Man, are you sure you are okay upstairs. Can't you read and peruse a simple statement
Re: INEC Official Arrested For Fraud In Anambra by ubanett(m): 9:47am On Nov 18, 2013
Over 3000 policemen deployed to idemili north and yet through their very eyes all these things happened. NIGERIA SHAME ON YOU

3 Likes

Re: INEC Official Arrested For Fraud In Anambra by israeltob(m): 9:48am On Nov 18, 2013
So what happens to the published results,please?anybody to answer
Re: INEC Official Arrested For Fraud In Anambra by kennyonthrone(m): 9:49am On Nov 18, 2013
His oga @ d top will stil set him free no b 9ja again?

1 Like

Re: INEC Official Arrested For Fraud In Anambra by Prowizy2(m): 9:50am On Nov 18, 2013
Walks in wit Obiano's harp beer imma hand still celebrating.. Mtcheeew notin (consign) concern us
Re: INEC Official Arrested For Fraud In Anambra by kennyonthrone(m): 9:53am On Nov 18, 2013
DonColz1: mehn i must talk oh, this thing don tire me, everywhere there must be miss something, we get Miss world, miss universe, miss ecowas, miss Nigeria, miss tourism, the one wey pain me na when i begin see miss tax, miss nysc, miss petroleum, miss CNN, i don tire for all this miss miss oh, very soon we go dey see miss ASUU , miss Boko haram, Miss INEC, miss aso rock, this is too much nah, i must talk oh anyway we thank God that they arrested the man who cause this problem.
Pls watz dis nigga sayin?

2 Likes

Re: INEC Official Arrested For Fraud In Anambra by executinal(m): 9:53am On Nov 18, 2013
operator222: Abuja - An official from the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) and a government counterpart have been arrested for alleged electoral fraud this past weekend.

The INEC official was identified as Okeke Chukwujekwu, who was in charge of Idemili North area of Anambra State while the government official was not named.

The INEC chairman Professor Atahiru Jega, said the electoral officer held some results sheets and distributed false result sheets.

“The Electoral Officer of Idemili North, for some inexplicable reason messed up the distribution of electoral material. He held some results sheets and in turn distributed false result sheets,” Jega said.

Jega added that the electoral officer and the local government supervisor had been handed to the police.

“We believe strongly that there was connivance between the electoral officer and unknown agents to subvert the electoral process. We are serious about this matter and whoever is responsible will be apprehended and handed over for prosecution”

The INEC chairman said people who allegedly bribed the electoral officer would be arrested.

“We need to collectively pay attention to people responsible for financially inducing electoral officer,” he said.

He assured Nigerians that INEC would ensure transparent elections in 2015 despite such corrupt elements within the organisation.

Nigerians should be rest assured that INEC will be much better in 2015,” said Chukwujekwu.

http://www.news24.com.ng/Politics/News/INEC-official-arrested-for-fraud-20131118

Can somebody help and explain to me well on the bolded. Because i don't seem to understand.

3 Likes

Re: INEC Official Arrested For Fraud In Anambra by RockMaxi: 9:53am On Nov 18, 2013
crazy men
Re: INEC Official Arrested For Fraud In Anambra by talk2me006(m): 9:55am On Nov 18, 2013
chei !
Nigeria don finish.
medicine after death .
Re: INEC Official Arrested For Fraud In Anambra by Nobody: 9:56am On Nov 18, 2013
Re: INEC Official Arrested For Fraud In Anambra by BabaEleko(m): 9:59am On Nov 18, 2013
Stale news. Eastern people can sell their parents for "ego". Ibo re, Owo re.

8 Likes

Re: INEC Official Arrested For Fraud In Anambra by LordBabs(m): 9:59am On Nov 18, 2013
DonColz1: mehn i must talk oh, this thing don tire me, everywhere there must be miss something, we get Miss world, miss universe, miss ecowas, miss Nigeria, miss tourism, the one wey pain me na when i begin see miss tax, miss nysc, miss petroleum, miss CNN, i don tire for all this miss miss oh, very soon we go dey see miss ASUU , miss Boko haram, Miss INEC, miss aso rock, this is too much nah, i must talk oh anyway we thank God that they arrested the man who cause this problem.

3 Likes

Re: INEC Official Arrested For Fraud In Anambra by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:00am On Nov 18, 2013
Dancing to Eedris Abdulkareem Song. The evergreen JAGA-JAGA

Armed robber came to your house
E no take money, E no rape your wife
Went straight up to your bedside (Gbosa)
Six feet, now you are down
Which armed robber no want money
Which armed robber no want jolly
Na political armed robber be that
Na wetin dey kill Nigeria o

chorus

Nigeria jagajaga
Everything scatter scatter
Poor man dey suffer suffer
Gbosa, gbosa, gun shot inna de air

(Now we have JEGA in JAGA JAGA stronghold.....everything don PAFUKA OOOOOO)

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari And The Anioma-Igbo Identity. / Ambassador Frank Efeduma's Son Is Dead (Photos) / Abia Chief Of Staff Tipped To Replace Prof. Ikonne As PDP Guber Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.