Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,755 members, 7,806,072 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:00 AM

Trailer Crushes Four Kids To Death At Ikota - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Trailer Crushes Four Kids To Death At Ikota (18606 Views)

Trailer Crushes Tricycle Passenger In Lagos (photo) / LAWMA Truck Crushes Four SUV Cars At 1004 Estate,VI,Lagos(pics) / Several Dead As Trailer Crushes Commercial Bus At Ketu, Lagos (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trailer Crushes Four Kids To Death At Ikota by richoko60: 4:57pm On Nov 18, 2013
Some people are saying Blood of Jesus, This has nothing to do with Blood of Jesus, My fiancee will scream blood of Jesus at the sight of cockroach when she is suppose to do the needful thing, pick up a broom and kill the cockroach, anyway back to the topic, RIP to the innocent kids.
But if we do the right thing, the wrong things wouldnt be happening
first there should be a pedestrian at that road,the goverment should do something about it, dont know the part of the road this happened but i know that Ikota and its axis got roads of multiple lanes

secondly Lagosian should learn to use the bridge too, i almost knock someone down at oshodi last week, they were crossing the roads when they are suppose to use the pedestrian bridge, thank God i saw the guy early enough and the brake of my car was sharp enough
i would have seen hell from those Oshodi Agbero if that had happen, them no go want hear say na the guy run enter front of the car, Thank God shaa
Once again RIP to the innocent kids and may God grant their parents the heart to bear the lost

1 Like

Re: Trailer Crushes Four Kids To Death At Ikota by ceaser: 5:40pm On Nov 18, 2013
waldigit :

Though its not good not to use over head bridge. Yet I think its hightime govt begin to consider underpass pedestrian crossing instead. Esp for new roads being constructed. As a town planner I know several coleagues in public and private practice must hv been advising govt. With no success.
Underpass is more convinient to use and. Saver. Its underground easy to climb with few step risers, no risk of falling down, no problem of height fright, disable pple can use, old pple can use, sick pple can use children can use without fear. If proprly manged by prvate sector it will work with no security and health issues. These are the reason pple don't like to use overhead.
Great ideas but with some reservations. Before you say jack, some people will move in their properties and start living there. Worse still, it'll be good hideouts and great spots for miscreants and public nuisance - purse-snatchers, life-snatchers, kidnappers, etc (list isn't endless) - who'll have a field day to showcase their vices. Station subway guards and install CCTV cams, you say? Well, how uncorrupted has LASTMA and the NPF gotten, and how many high ranking 'daylight crimes' has Nigerian justice system successfully prosecuted un serve as deterrents? Your guess is as good as mine.

1 Like

Re: Trailer Crushes Four Kids To Death At Ikota by GentleMimi: 8:42pm On Nov 18, 2013
This is soooo terrible.I was close to tears when i heard it on radio this morning.I cannot begin to imagine hw the parents of those kids feel right now...the pain they are going through!
I pray that God will give them courage.May the gentle souls of those little ones rest in God's bossom.
Re: Trailer Crushes Four Kids To Death At Ikota by Nobody: 12:55am On Nov 19, 2013
Where the fork is the driver
Re: Trailer Crushes Four Kids To Death At Ikota by Revolva(m): 9:30am On Nov 20, 2013
make dem build bridge na wetin dem dey wait for.....see even if bridge dey some animals will still crosss to risk their life

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Another Auto Assembly Plant Births In Enugu / Peugeot Unveils N2million Electric Mountain Bicycle With In-frame Battery / What Is The Size Of A Car's Reserve Tank?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.