Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,772 members, 7,798,581 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:27 AM

A Christian Approach To Demons - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Christian Approach To Demons (674 Views)

What Happens To Demons When They Leave The Body / The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin / You Are Praying To Demons By Calling Michael And Gabriel In Your Prayers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Christian Approach To Demons by SecretDreams(m): 11:23am On Nov 18, 2013
This topic has been ignored and pushed to a corner, many people including pastors and preachers have termed this topic as 'sensitive' and it have received low attention on various altars and pulpits over the years.

Jesus died to set us free, yes there's no doubt about that, but have you ever wondered why demons are still active in the lives of some if not most 'believers' ?

Demons came into operation after the fall of lucifer and his angels/agents ( Revelation 12). Demons/evil spirits are primarily Satan's agents and they operate in many ways to lead God's Children and the whole world generally into sin, they could operate in many ways, some believers find themselves addicted to a particular sin even though they have stayed clear of other sins, despite their promise and desire to please God they find themselves going back to that sin and the cycle of sinning, repenting and sinning again continues this happens not because they are not 'saved'. It happens because the demons/evil spirits attached to that sin haven't been handled well. They can be handled basically through the word, the holy spirit and prayers, we will get to that part later in the text.

" You shall have no other gods before me. . . . You shall not bow down
to them or serve them, for I the Lord your God am a jealous God ", that's the first commandment, Jesus said a man can't serve two masters, its either God or mamon (god of money) and actually there is no other god apart from God, that makes mamon a demon, other idols too are demons. (Matthew 6:24)

Demons are on earth to distract us from pleasing God that is something most christians have ignored, demons also have power, Simon a sorcerer performed different things that made people of samaria amazed, some even claimed that he is the great power of God (Acts7:9-25), but he wasn't backed up by God, he had a demon backing him up, it wasn't until he met with the genuine power of God through the things God did through Philip that he believed, but that didn't stop him from offering the apostles money in exchange for the holy spirit, note that, he believed but he wasn't delivered completely that is the case with most christians, we believed in God, we are saved, but we still have to deal with the root of sin in our lives.

Now let's address examples in the bible,
In the old testament Prophet Elijah disgraced baal ( a god/demon ) through the power of God, in the new testament Jesus also had encounters with demons of different forms.

Apostle Paul made it known clearly in Ephesians 6:12 that, " For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the
authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places ", that alone is enough proof that demons exist. The pharisees out of their shallow minds said Jesus was casting out demons with demons (Matthew 9:32-34), that doesn't sound logical, light and darkness have nothing to do together.

The wonderful part about everything is that we have Jesus, in the bible demons recognized Jesus as the son of God (Matthew 8:28-33), that clearly shows that demons bow to God's authority and as christians we are God's children and we are made in his image, so demons should bow to the power and spirit of God in us not to our own 'fleshy' power. The defeat of the devil and his demons/agents can be done through the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus in place of our sins, just as Hebrews 2:14–15 says, " Since therefore the children share in flesh and blood, he himself likewise partook of the same things, that through death he might destroy the one who has the power of death, that is, the devil, and deliver all those who through fear of death were subject to lifelong slavery. "

Although most people feel its not possible to be under the influence of evil spirits as christians, but remember the story of Ananias and Sapphira, they are both Christians but they gave themselves to the authority of Satan (Acts 5:1-11), demons exploits a christian's sinful desire.

Christians can be free from demons, as christians, we are seated in heavenly places (Ephesians 2:6) so we shouldn't be deceived that we can't be free from demons. Jesus died to deliver us, his blood is for remission of sins while the cross is for deliverance, We can be totally delivered by repenting of our sins, walking in the truth of God's word, praying and also by having a personal relationship with Jesus through the help of the Holy spirit.

In case as a non-christian you realised you are being tormented by demons/evil spirits, accept Jesus into your life, no matter who you are, Jesus loves you and he died to reunite you with God, he died to make your life meaningful, he died for your sins, he died to set you free, invite him into your life today. Say this prayer,

" Lord Jesus, I know you died for me, come into my life, wash me clean from all my sins both past and present with your precious blood, set me free, help me walk with you daily, help me have a personal relationship with you. Thank you Lord Jesus. ". Enjoy your freedom in Jesus, God bless you Shalom !

P.S Feel free to share your experiences, God bless you as you share.

(1) (Reply)

The Council That Created Jesus, By Dr Ray Hagin / Many Benefits Of Fasting.. / British Commander: IDF Most Moral Army World Has Ever Known

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.