Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,370 members, 7,800,745 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:18 AM

Defend Catholic Teachings Here - Religion (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Defend Catholic Teachings Here (21575 Views)

8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. / If Your Fellowship Holds These Teachings, Then It's Time You Moved On / Why Is Songs Of Solomon Always Exempted From Church Teachings ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by try69: 4:43pm On Dec 10, 2013
BERNIMOORE:

When catholics tell you, "we don't worship mary", it is because they know what the modern ascribe for worship is.. Olodo

I guess when you saw "worship", you felt like

# I just discovered what no man has known before now grin

# Time to expose these catholics grin

# Bernimoore will be remembered as the man that finally nailed the catholics cheesy

And you quickly made bold and size 100 cheesy text of a word you never really understood grin

SHAME!!!

Be a good xtian and admit your error now..I beg you grin

1 Like

Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by woky: 5:58pm On Dec 10, 2013
try69:

When catholics tell you, "we don't worship mary", it is because they know what the modern ascribe for worship is.. Olodo

# Bernimoore will be remembered as the man that finally nailed the catholics cheesy

And you quickly made bold and size 100 cheesy text of a word you never really understood grin

SHAME!!!

Lol

1 Like

Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by adsonstone: 3:00am On Dec 11, 2013
italo:
You already agreed that saying the Bible was compiled in the 4th century by the Church in Rome is a clear teaching of faith.

You said I lied when I said the holy Spirit said Paul suffered to make up for what was lacking in the suffering of Christ.

You were wrong both times.

So your infallibility claim is a lie.

You don't need to merry-go-round.

Provide where I claimed infallibility in teachings on Faith (and morals).

If you can't, you have further shown that you are lying to have said I claimed infallibility in teaching on faith (and morals).

You showed what I claimed which is definitely not teaching faith and morals.

italo:
Please show me where I made the claim. You cannot.

2 Cor 1:6 tells us that men suffer for men's salvation.

I believe that.

You declared that Paul suffered for what's lacking in Christ's suffering for redemption.

You cannot deny.
Here is it again if you have forgotten.

italo:
Who said Paul completes what is lacking in the suffering of Christ (for redemption)? The
Holy Spirit, not Human traditions.

You and the RCC lied against the Holy Spirit (that He said the quote esp the bold above)...and try to deny saying such by saying:

italo:
Please show me where I made the claim. You cannot.

True or False?
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by Nobody: 7:10am On Dec 11, 2013
Italo, prove it wrong or I will add it to my collections of falsehoods in your church. It's your call.

BERNIMOORE:

The Glories of Mary by Alphonsus de Liguori explicitly mentions Marian worship in the fifth stanza of the hymn, “Mary, Virgin of Virgins” (page 589).

[size=20pt]“Queen thou art, whom all things worship,
Earth and hell, and heaven above;
But thy heart o'erflows with goodness,
Just and sinners feel thy love.”
[/size]
http://willingshepherds.org/Aspirations%20to%20Mary.htm

Try 69 this is one of the songs catholic faithfull sang "queen whom all things worship" in the above page 589 of the "track" Mary, Virgin of Virgins

or the pope who prostrate to her shrine, ......Pope John Paul made more than 40 pilgrimages to her shrines at Lourdes and Fatima.

He wrote in his Apostolic Letter of Oct. 16, 2002, the following words:

“I entrust this Apostolic Letter to the loving hands of the Virgin Mary, prostrating myself in spirit before her image in the splendid Shrine built for her by Blessed Bartolo Longo, the apostle of the Rosary.”
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by Nobody: 7:19am On Dec 11, 2013
try69:

Thanks for the precision jare

bible is in the bible. Talk what you know.
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by Nobody: 7:30am On Dec 11, 2013
italo: @ Bernimoore, olodo.

I thought you'd know.

Maybe you should start by examining these verses where the Greek and hebrew words for worship are used and tell me if it was talking about worship meant for God.

Matt 18:16, Rev 3:9, Gen 18:2, Gen 23:7, 12.

The problem with you folks is you have no sense of history.

"Worship" does not mean the honour due God alone...only. In the old days, it was used widely for the honour due other beings.

Read and cure your ignorance!

Those verses proves nothing. You remember our discussion na? try another method. at least it doesnt justify that song you people sing to goddess mary/prostrating to it.
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by Nobody: 7:39am On Dec 11, 2013
try69:

I guess when the old english say "your worship" to magistrates, it means they have put the person in place of God.. Or when chinese people bow to the other, they have put them in God's place

GO AND LEARN!

You clearly don't know history.. See, history is even more important as you try to decipher bible truths..

The word worship comes from the Old English weorthscipe, which means the condition of being worthy of honor, respect, or dignity. To worship in the older, larger sense is to ascribe honor, worth, or excellence to someone, whether a sage, a magistrate, or God.

But there are different kinds of worship, just as there are different kinds of honor. The highest honor, and thus the highest worship, is given to God alone, while the honor or worship given to living men or to saints in heaven is of a different sort. Idolatry thus does not simply mean giving worship (in the old sense) to living men or to saints; it means giving them the kind reserved for God.

Nowadays, there is a problem using the word "worship" because in the popular mind it refers to the worship of God alone. For practical purposes it has come to mean nothing else than adoration. Although it was commonly used in the wider sense as recently as the nineteenth century (when, for instance, Orestes Brownson, an American Catholic writer, produced a book called The Worship of Mary), it is usually too confusing to use it that way now, as the example of the priest shows. It is wise to restrict its use to God and to use for saints and others terms like honor and veneration.

Is this distinction without a difference? It would be if the worship given to God were the same as the honor given to a saint. But it isn't.

The term "worship" was used in the same way in the Bible that it used to be used in English. It could cover both the adoration given to God alone and the honor that is to be shown to certain human beings. In Hebrew, the term for worship is shakah. Its appropriately used for humans in a large number of passages.

For example, in Genesis 37:7-9 Joseph relates two dreams which God gave him concerning how his family would honor him in coming years. Translated literally the passage states: "'[B]ehold, we were binding sheaves in the field, and lo, my sheaf arose and stood upright; and behold, your sheaves gathered round it, and worshipped [shakah] my sheaf.' . . . Then he dreamed another dream, and told it to his brothers, and said, 'Behold, I have dreamed another dream; and behold, the sun, the moon, and eleven stars were worshipping [shakah] me.'"

In Genesis 49:8, Jacob pronounced a prophetic blessing on his sons, and concerning Judah he stated: "Judah, your brothers shall praise you; your hand shall be on the neck of your enemies; your father's sons shall worship [shakah] you." And in Exodus 18:7, Moses honored his father-in-law, Jethro: "Moses went out to meet his father-in-law, and worshipped [shakah] him and kissed him; and they asked each other of their welfare, and went into the tent."

Yet none of these passages were discussing the worship of adoration--the kind of worship given to God.

http://www.ewtn.com/faith/teachings/maryc5.htm

Oga, you have a long way to go with regards to the word "worship". I really feel for you guys, actually, I do. This is your life o, this is your life that you are playing with.
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by woky: 7:50am On Dec 11, 2013
JMAN05:

Oga, you have a long way to go with regards to the word "worship". I really feel for you guys, actually, I do. This is your life o, this is your life that you are playing with.
OGA, CATHOLIC DONT WORSHIP MARY.
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by Nobody: 7:56am On Dec 11, 2013
adsonstone:

It is of no use arguing with a 'christian' who disagrees with the Holy Spirit.....

....so,this will be my last comment on this mediator issue.

We know what a mediator does and who is one.

The Holy Spirit says we have ONE between God and man ie we can get to God only through him....and Jesus affirms that He is the way....and no one gets to God except through Him.

Christ is the only way.
Mary is NOT the way.
Francis is not.
You are not...neither am I.

No one can get to God through us....except Christ.

If you disagree, fight the Holy Spirit for declaring that there's only One mediator....or trouble Christ for saying the truth that He's the only way to God.

Or better still, slit your throat if you can't question them.

i wonder why youre avoiding my questions....perhaps, because they will validate my point and reveal the truth.

your questions have the easiest answers.

Answer mine and I'll answer yours and even show proofs for my answers.

You ve tried a lot, but these guys does'nt need the truth. When you see people who are ready for a sincere discussion, your time will be better spent there. But dont just dismiss it that you ve not done anything...
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by Nobody: 7:58am On Dec 11, 2013
woky: OGA, CATHOLIC DONT WORSHIP MARY.

Evidence is against this statement. Just honestly and critically examine whether what you do is really worship. Your conscience wont agree even if you refuse to aver the obvious. Something in you will disagree even if you openly ignore the truth. This I am sure of. If it gives you a messgae, dont ignore it, cos it makes no sense to be a christian and loose eternity.
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by woky: 8:04am On Dec 11, 2013
JMAN05:

You ve tried a lot, but these guys does'nt need the truth. When you see people who are ready for a sincere discussion, your time will be better spent there. But dont just dismiss it that you ve not done anything...
tried what

Anyway

the caterpillar does all the work, but the butterfly gets all the publicity
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by woky: 8:06am On Dec 11, 2013
JMAN05:

Evidence is against this averment.
mtcheeeew!

Evidence my foot!
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by Nobody: 8:13am On Dec 11, 2013
woky: tried what

Anyway

the caterpillar does all the work, but the butterfly gets all the publicity

No, he tried and Italo tried too, but what I am saying is: If we see white and call it black, in the judgement, will God call it black because we call it black?

I dont know whether people reason to this extent before arguing. The worst thing you can do to yourself is to lie to yourself. I am not in this last sentence declaring the winner. For me, you can take the cup, but do you really think you are telling yourself the truth?
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by Nobody: 8:15am On Dec 11, 2013
woky: mtcheeeew!

Evidence my foot!

I Edited it sir. the full write-up is here.

Evidence is against this statement. Just honestly and critically examine whether what you do is really worship. Your conscience wont agree even if you refuse to aver the obvious. Something in you will disagree even if you openly ignore the truth. This I am sure of. If it gives you a messgae, dont ignore it, cos it makes no sense to be a christian and loose eternity.
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by woky: 8:26am On Dec 11, 2013
JMAN05:

No, he tried and Italo tried too, but what I am saying is: If we see white and call it black, in the judgement, will God call it black because we call it black?

I dont know whether people reason to this extent before arguing. The worst thing you can do to yourself is to lie to yourself. I am not in this last sentence declaring the winner. For me, you can take the cup, but do you really think you are telling yourself the truth?
funny you.. For ur info, This is not a competition.
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by woky: 8:33am On Dec 11, 2013
JMAN05:

bros cnt you read?

Catholic dnt worship Mary..
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by SalC: 9:05am On Dec 11, 2013
JMAN05:

If only people realize it is the worshiper who can tell the state of his mind and whom he worship, they will stop forcing others to accept what they are not doing.

It will be silly for me not to accept that I worship a particular deity if truly I worship it.

Christ is well aware of this when he said "if you deny me in public, I will deny you before my father in heaven"

Why do people refuse to deny Christ even at the pain of death?
simply because that denial alone will do away with every worship they have rendered onto him.

I even find it difficult to understand why catholic answer those who say we "worship" Mary .

If I tell you I don't "worship" Mary and you insist, that's your headache not mine.

If I "worship" her and take her to be my God, I will proudly admit that.

4 Likes

Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by try69: 11:06am On Dec 11, 2013
JMAN05:

bible is in the bible. Talk what you know.

I showed your friend where the word "worship" was used for man by man and told him how history has made changes to word applications.. What more do you want

Now your turn, show me the word "bible" in the bible

You my friend needs firstly to accept the deity of christ.. It's heresy to call my Lord and my God angel micheal.
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by POPEII: 12:16pm On Dec 11, 2013
Sal C: If only people realize it is the worshiper who can tell the state of his mind and whom he worship, they will stop forcing others to accept what they are not doing.

It will be silly for me not to accept that I worship a particular deity if truly I worship it.

Christ is well aware of this when he said "if you deny me in public, I will deny you before my father in heaven"

Why do people refuse to deny Christ even at the pain of death?
simply because that denial alone will do away with every worship they have rendered onto him.

I even find it difficult to understand why catholic answer those who say we "worship" Mary .

If I tell you I don't "worship" Mary and you insist, that's your headache not mine.

If I "worship" her and take her to be my God, I will proudly admit that.

EOD
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by adsonstone: 2:46pm On Dec 11, 2013
...and of course, there are still many more teachings/doctrines RCC reps still have to defend.

Just indicate by quoting me and show that you're not scared of defending what is taught by/in the RCC.
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by Nobody: 10:21pm On Dec 11, 2013
try69:

I showed your friend where the word "worship" was used for man by man and told him how history has made changes to word applications.. What more do you want

Now your turn, show me the word "bible" in the bible

You my friend needs firstly to accept the deity of christ.. It's heresy to call my Lord and my God angel micheal.

2 Tim 4:13

When you come, bring the cloak I left at Tro′as with Carpus, and the scrolls, especially the parchments.

the Blue = biblia - greek.

What is the hebrew word for angel?
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by try69: 11:25pm On Dec 11, 2013
JMAN05: [s]

2 Tim 4:13

When you come, bring the cloak I left at Tro′as with Carpus, and the scrolls, especially the parchments.

the Blue = biblia - greek.

What is the hebrew word for angel?

[/s]

Olodo

Nice try though
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by woky: 11:27pm On Dec 11, 2013
try69:

Olodo

Nice try though

grin
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by BERNIMOORE: 12:25am On Dec 12, 2013
[quote author=try69]

When catholics tell you, "we don't worship mary", it is because they know what the modern ascribe for worship is

no, its because they were told to deny outrightly! thereby they put opponents on the burden of proof! but the irony is that must everyone be learned to attain the knowledge of truth? peter and john jesus disciples were unlearned and they were zealous!

Olodo

when italo said Olodo, i thought you would see that as a foul language but you followed suit repeating the same thing to divert the discussion to insults, and it will be noted that you and italo started this insult of a thing, guess what? im not a gentle man! olodo is beter, but if i say that you are Dindinrin=im.becile, or oponu-alainironu=Directionless or agbaya-jatijati=good-for-nothing, what is my gain?

i think that you should have said that when i saw "to whom all things worship" and not only "worship" as you want to divert our attention, i pictured the disgusting idolatory practices of the the catholics below yet they denied, see it boldly below

Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by BERNIMOORE: 12:46am On Dec 12, 2013

Bernimoore will be remembered as the man that finally nailed the catholics

And you quickly made bold and size 100 cheesy text of a word you never really understood

SHAME!!!

let me show you what berny regarded as disgusting

below:

[size=14pt]“Queen thou art, whom all things worship,
”[/size]

this picture below is from the shrine of a fellow catholic idol worshipper st jude's shrine

mary's portrait, whom all things worship(see saints below mary's feet) as was made to "sit upon the earth" in "the heaven" yet, they say that you dont understand, does picture not speak louder below;

[/quote]

Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by Nobody: 12:56am On Dec 12, 2013
This is what I mean by saying evidence says differently from the claim, 'we dont worship her'. Well, it is their life. Just that I pity billions of souls that are there.
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by BERNIMOORE: 12:57am On Dec 12, 2013
when lawyers use the title; "your worship" a title in a particular field, and not applicable outside the field, they are not under compulsion to pay obeysance-alongside

but that cannot be said of these so called catholic priests below who knelt down "in worship of mary" [size=14pt]mumu kneeling down for a man-made painted and polished wood sculpture chai[/size] grin grin

Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by BERNIMOORE: 1:01am On Dec 12, 2013
JMAN05: This is what I mean by saying evidence says differently from the claim, 'we dont worship her'. Well, it is their life. Just that I pity billions of souls that are there.

you dont blame some of them too, because right from infancy some have been worshiping idols unknown, and again, catholics were directed to "deny outrightly" their deeds

2 Likes

Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by try69: 9:08am On Dec 12, 2013
BERNIMOORE: when lawyers use the title; "your worship" a title in a particular field, and not applicable outside the field, they are not under compulsion to pay obeysance-alongside

but that cannot be said of these so called catholic priests below who knelt down "in worship of mary" [size=14pt]mumu kneeling down for a man-made painted and polished wood sculpture chai[/size] grin grin

[size=14pt] AND I HOPE WHAT'S APPLICABLE IN THE BIBLE IS APPLICABLE TO YOU.. put on your google now [/size] tell me what you see..

[b] Genesis 18:2
1599 Geneva Bible (GNV)
2 And he lifted up his eyes, and looked: and lo, three men stood by him, and when he saw them, he ran to meet them from the tent door, and bowed himself to the ground.

Genesis 18:2
Douay-Rheims 1899 American Edition (DRA)
2 And when he had lifted up his eyes, there appeared to him three men standing near him: and as soon as he saw them he ran to meet them from the door of his tent, and adored down to the ground.

Genesis 18:2
Revised Standard Version (RSV)
2 He lifted up his eyes and looked, and behold, three men stood in front of him. When he saw them, he ran from the tent door to meet them, and bowed himself to the earth,

Genesis 23:7, 12
1599 Geneva Bible (GNV)
7 Then Abraham stood up, and bowed himself before the people of the land of the Hittites.
12 Then Abraham bowed himself before the people of the land,

7 Abraham rose up, and bowed down to the people of the land, to wit the children of Heth:
12 Abraham bowed down before the people of the land,

7 Abraham rose and bowed to the Hittites, the people of the land.
12 Then Abraham bowed down before the people of the land.

Genesis 37:7-9
1599 Geneva Bible (GNV)
7 Behold now, we were binding sheaves in the midst of the field: and lo, my sheaf arose and also stood upright, and behold, your sheaves compassed round about, and did reverence to my sheaf.
8 Then his brethren said to him, What, shalt thou reign over us, and rule us? or shalt thou have altogether dominion over us? And they hated him so much the more, for his dreams, and for his words.
9 Again he dreamed another dream, and told it his brethren, and said, Behold, I have had one dream more, and behold, the Sun and the Moon and eleven stars did reverence to me.

7 I thought we were binding sheaves in the field: and my sheaf arose as it were, and stood, and your sheaves standing about, bowed down before my sheaf.
8 His brethren answered: Shalt thou be our king? or shall we be subject to thy dominion? Therefore this matter of his dreams and words ministered nourishment to their envy and hatred.
9 He dreamed also another dream, which he told his brethren, saying: I saw in a dream, as it were the sun, and the moon, and eleven stars worshipping me.

7 behold, we were binding sheaves in the field, and lo, my sheaf arose and stood upright; and behold, your sheaves gathered round it, and bowed down to my sheaf.”
8 His brothers said to him, “Are you indeed to reign over us? Or are you indeed to have dominion over us?” So they hated him yet more for his dreams and for his words.
9 Then he dreamed another dream, and told it to his brothers, and said, “Behold, I have dreamed another dream; and behold, the sun, the moon, and eleven stars were bowing down to me.”

Genesis 49:8
1599 Geneva Bible (GNV)
8 Thou Judah, thy brethren shall praise thee: thy hand shall be in the neck of thine enemies: thy father’s son shall bow down before unto thee.

8 Juda, thee shall thy brethren praise: thy hands shall be on the necks of thy enemies: the sons of thy father shall bow down to thee.

Judah, your brothers shall praise you;
 your hand shall be on the neck of your enemies;
 your father’s sons shall bow down before you..

Exodus 18:7
1599 Geneva Bible (GNV)
7 And Moses went out to meet his father-in-law, and did obeisance, and kissed him, and each asked other of his welfare: and they came into the tent.

7 And he went out to meet his kinsman, and worshipped and kissed him: and they saluted one another with words of peace. And when he was come into the tent,

7 Moses went out to meet his father-in-law, and did obeisance and kissed him; and they asked each other of their welfare, and went into the tent.

Revelation 3:9
1599 Geneva Bible (GNV)
9 Behold, I will make them of the Synagogue of Satan, which call themselves Jews, and are not, but do lie: behold, I say, I will make them that they shall come and worship before thy feet, and shall know that I have loved thee.

9 Behold, I will bring of the synagogue of Satan, who say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie. Behold, I will make them to come and adore before thy feet. And they shall know that I have loved thee.

9 Behold, I will make those of the synagogue of Satan who say that they are Jews and are not, but lie—behold, I will make them come and bow down before your feet, and learn that I have loved you.

[/b]

[size=14] OLODO [/size] I wouldn't eat back my word.
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by try69: 10:03am On Dec 12, 2013
BERNIMOORE:

let me show you what berny regarded as disgusting

below:

“Queen thou art, whom all things worship,

How about this;

Genesis 37:9
9 He dreamed also another dream, which he told his brethren, saying: I saw in a dream, as it were the sun, and the moon, and eleven stars worshipping me.

is Genesis 37:9 disgusting

Abeg go sleep
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by try69: 10:17am On Dec 12, 2013
Oh I also forgot, Mr bernimoore is a "THING" .... On earth

grin grin

My people really said "when the gods want to use you, they first make you stupid."

grin grin grin

2 Peter 2:10, 12
11... These false teachers are bold and arrogant, and show no respect for the glorious beings above; instead they insult them.

12... They attack with insults anything they do not understand

1 Like

Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by woky: 10:35am On Dec 12, 2013
try69: Oh I also forgot, Mr bernimoore is a "THING" .... On earth

grin grin

My people really said "when the gods want to use you, they first make you stupid."

grin grin grin

2 Peter 2:10, 12
11... These false teachers are bold and arrogant, and show no respect for the glorious beings above; instead they insult them.

12... They attack with insults anything they do not understand
grin
grin grin
grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (Reply)

The Fallen Angels From The Andromeda Galaxy ( Nephilim ) / Pastor Femi Emmanuel's 1st Daughter Dies At 27 / Is Heaven Made For Christians Only?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.