Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,838 members, 7,802,684 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:50 PM

Defend Catholic Teachings Here - Religion (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Defend Catholic Teachings Here (21578 Views)

8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. / If Your Fellowship Holds These Teachings, Then It's Time You Moved On / Why Is Songs Of Solomon Always Exempted From Church Teachings ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by Syncan(m): 2:36pm On Dec 21, 2013
It cant get any better, I'm loving this moment grin
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by kennedyugo: 2:38pm On Dec 21, 2013
Syncan: Now crybaby is actually threatening to pull down the roof with howls grin

*hang on there, I 'll be with you in a jiffy*
What do you have to say about the story above?
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by Syncan(m): 2:40pm On Dec 21, 2013
kennedyugo:
What do you have to say about the story above?

Which of the stories, my friend?
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by kennedyugo: 2:47pm On Dec 21, 2013
Syncan:

Which of the stories, my friend?
the one I posted from theguardian. Pope handing off "indulgences" for following him on twitter. (Assuming the said purgatory exists)
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by Zither(m): 3:41pm On Dec 21, 2013
I have not seen where it is written in the Bible justifying the doctrine of Purgatory neither have I seen where it is written in the Bible approving the use of carved images in worshiping God. You honor Mary. That is not a crime. However, bowing before the image of Mary and asking her to intercede on your behalf is grossly unscriptural. Catholics should beware that the blindness of Israel today does not become a shared phenomenon. When God has warned through every means possible but you remain adamant, He will send a strong delusion so that seeing you will not see, hearing you will not hear. Like Kennedyugo said, eternity is not a joke.

Mary was chosen to bring Jesus Christ into the world because she found favor with God. That does not exclude her from 'All have sinned and come short of the glory of God.' If she did not submit herself to be used by God, another God-fearing woman would have been used. Likewise, if that one did not submit herself another woman would have been God's option. God always has substitutes. If you don't praise Him the stones, trees, ocean, grasses and all creation praise Him everyday.

Mary cannot help you. She couldn't even save herself. It was her accepting Christ as her personal Lord and Saviour that earned her a ticket to heaven otherwise she would be in hell today. If she couldn't help or save herself why then do you ask her to help or save you from sin, sickness and death? What happened to Christ being your Advocate who can talk to the Father on your behalf? What happened to Christ being the only Way, the Truth and Life?

Purgatory is a great deception that makes the devil smile with a great sense of achievement. Anything that is not found in the Word of God is a trap of the devil. Give me scriptures in the Gospel justifying the existence of Purgatory and I will believe you wholeheartedly.

Nope. I am not out to condemn the Catholic creed or belief. As Christians we are one Body in Christ irrespective of denominations.

Read the Word of God. It means just what it says. Twisting it to suit your doctrine results in the numerous heresies that has led many astray. Never forget, the Word says if, "we or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that you have received, let him be accursed."

I hope it is not too late before you realize. Peace.
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by Syncan(m): 4:46pm On Dec 21, 2013
kennedyugo:
the one I posted from theguardian. Pope handing off "indulgences" for following him on twitter. (Assuming the said purgatory exists)

Dear one, What do you understand by indulgence?

If purgatory does not exist, why have a headache on things related to it?

I am actually here this day to be entertained, I am in a holiday mood, I do not want to teach today grin
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by kennedyugo: 8:11pm On Dec 21, 2013
Syncan:

Dear one, What do you understand by indulgence?

If purgatory does not exist, why have a headache on things related to it?

I am actually here this day to be entertained, I am in a holiday mood, I do not want to teach today grin

Well, I just want people to understand and open their eyes.
Eternity is forever! There's no turning back! There's no two way to Heaven

you should have gone to the entertainment section them
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by try69: 5:46am On Dec 22, 2013
Zither:

Nope. I am not out to condemn the Catholic creed or belief.

Oya now.. Go play somewhere
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by Syncan(m): 7:42am On Dec 22, 2013
kennedyugo:
Well, I just want people to understand and open their eyes.
Eternity is forever! There's no turning back! There's no two way to Heaven

you should have gone to the entertainment section them

If you want people to open their eyes, you have to prove first that you can see. I asked you what you know about the topic you raised, I have so far not heard anything from you.

I decide what gives me joy and where to find it, thanks any way.
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by kennedyugo: 1:47pm On Dec 22, 2013
Syncan:

If you want people to open their eyes, you have to prove first that you can see. I asked you what you know about the topic you raised, I have so far not heard anything from you.

Well, indulgence according to the article is a kinda forgiveness of sin, or pardon implemented as reducing the person's jail term in the "purgatory".
It also implies that the pope and the Vatican has power to forgive sins.. As implied here:
Papal court handling pardons for sins
says contrite Catholics may win
'indulgences' by following World
Youth Day on Twitter
Consider what the pharisees said here:

Luke 5:20-24: 20 And when he saw their faith, he said unto him, Man, thy sins are forgiven thee. 21 And the scribes and the Pharisees began to reason, saying, Who is this which speaketh blasphemies? Who can forgive sins, but God alone? 22 But when Jesus perceived their thoughts, he answering said unto them, What reason ye in your hearts? 23 Whether is easier, to say, Thy sins be forgiven thee; or to say, Rise up and walk? 24 But that ye may know that the Son of man hath power upon earth to forgive sins, (he said unto the sick of the palsy,) I say unto thee, Arise, and take up thy couch, and go into thine house.
This tells us that it's God that forgives sins, and Jesus, being the Son of God also has the power to forgive sins. The pharisees knew this
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by kennedyugo: 2:18pm On Dec 22, 2013
Syncan:

Listen, God is God. We are not to decide how we'll serve God but only follow God the way He wants us to. God does not seek our opinion. God cannot bring us to a round table to seek our opinion . He only tells us what to do and for our own good, we better do it that way.
1 Corinthians 10:22: 22 Do we provoke the Lord to jealousy? are we stronger than he?
Galatians 1:10: 10 For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.

Serving God is not about what naturally gives us joy, or what we agree with. But we must align our will with that of God. Only in Him we find complete joy. At first, it may not be pleasing, but as we continue, we begin to experience the grace and power of God.
So, what I'm saying; God cannot come to our level, we have to go to Him. Acknowledging that His thoughts are higher than ours, we cannot therefore serve Him based on our natural human instincts and relationships.
For instance, saying because Mary gave birth to Jesus, she must therefore be a "co-God" or "co-mediator", or a queen of Heaven since the child is the king! Therefore, we must go through her to get something from the son!
As I said before, that is human logic and does in no wise apply to God! God is no human! Jesus is the Son of God, Mary is human.
It'll only be good for us if only we follow God's laid down principle, not formulating our own carnal logic which does not apply to God.

Remember, God cannot call us to a round table to seek our opinion

2 Corinthians 5:10-11: 10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things [done] in [his] body, according to that he hath done, whether [it be] good or bad. 11 Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences.
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by Syncan(m): 2:40pm On Dec 22, 2013
kennedyugo:

Well, indulgence according to the article is a kinda forgiveness of sin, or pardon implemented as reducing the person's jail term in the "purgatory".
It also implies that the pope and the Vatican has power to forgive sins.. As implied here: .
Consider what the pharisees said here:

This tells us that it's God that forgives sins, and Jesus, being the Son of God also has the power to forgive sins. The pharisees knew this

Though you did not do justice to what Indulgence is (which you really should know before criticizing), If it relates to forgiveness of sins as you understand, then consider this yourself :

"Whose soever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them; and whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained". John 20:23. This is Jesus, who you rightly acclaim as having the power to forgive sin, giving that power to his apostles. That power did not die with the apostles you know.

It pays to do a little reading before sitting in judgement.
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by SalC: 2:44pm On Dec 22, 2013
[quote author=kennedyugo]

It also implies that the pope and the Vatican has power to forgive sins.. As implied here: .
Consider what the pharisees said here:[quote/]

The two words to consider here should be "contrite" and "may". God does not forsake a broken heart and a contrite spirit.

"May" is not an assuring word but simply shows probability.

If by following the preaching of the word youth day by the pope, one got repented and seek forgiveness, why wount God grant him indulgentia when the pope prays for it?

The same Christ gave the apostles power to forgive sins. John20V21-23.
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by Syncan(m): 2:49pm On Dec 22, 2013
kennedyugo:

Listen, God is God. We are not to decide how we'll serve God but only follow God the way He wants us to. God does not seek our opinion. God cannot bring us to a round table to seek our opinion . He only tells us what to do and for our own good, we better do it that way.
1 Corinthians 10:22: 22 Do we provoke the Lord to jealousy? are we stronger than he?
Galatians 1:10: 10 For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.

Serving God is not about what naturally gives us joy, or what we agree with. But we must align our will with that of God. Only in Him we find complete joy. At first, it may not be pleasing, but as we continue, we begin to experience the grace and power of God.
So, what I'm saying; God cannot come to our level, we have to go to Him. Acknowledging that His thoughts are higher than ours, we cannot therefore serve Him based on our natural human instincts and relationships.
For instance, saying because Mary gave birth to Jesus, she must therefore be a "co-God" or "co-mediator", or a queen of Heaven since the child is the king! Therefore, we must go through her to get something from the son!
As I said before, that is human logic and does in no wise apply to God! God is no human! Jesus is the Son of God, Mary is human.
It'll only be good for us if only we follow God's laid down principle, not formulating our own carnal logic which does not apply to God.

Remember, God cannot call us to a round table to seek our opinion

My friend, I told you I was not in the mood for teaching, but to entertain myself, you then asked me to go to the entertainment section, to which I replied that I choose where to get entertained (gives me joy), and thanked you for your troubles. Now you have misconstrued such a simple statement, to mean that my religious affiliation is determined by what gives me joy. Imagine what you must be doing to scripture, please take heed of this:

2Pet 3:16 "As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction".

Stop condemning what you do not understand bro, it makes your ignorance your fault.
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by kennedyugo: 3:29pm On Dec 22, 2013
Sorry for misconstruing your statement. But what I wrote still stands in the case of what you believe. We must serve God according to His will not according to ours,
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by kennedyugo: 3:33pm On Dec 22, 2013

2Pet 3:16 "As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these
things; in which are some things
hard to be understood, which they
that are unlearned and unstable
wrest, as they do also the other
scriptures, unto their own destruction". Stop condemning
That place talks about Paul's epistle, which I'm not denying here neither am I denying any portion of the Bible. Except you telling me your doctrines are part of the Bible?
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by Syncan(m): 3:40pm On Dec 22, 2013
kennedyugo: Sorry for misconstruing your statement. But what I wrote still stands in the case of what you believe. We must serve God according to His will not according to ours,

Your wresting of my statement "still stood" to you until I pointed out your folly. In the same way your "treatise" still stands in your mind until you are led aright. To you is this response useful "And he said, How can I, except some man should guide me?" Acts 8:31. Humble request...he was better after that.
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by Syncan(m): 3:47pm On Dec 22, 2013
kennedyugo:
That place talks about Paul's epistle, which I'm not denying here neither am I denying any portion of the Bible. Except you telling me your doctrines are part of the Bible?

You still do not get it do you? Well Peter is just saying that if you do not behave like the Ethiopian Eunoch, you may get yourself in trouble.
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by kennedyugo: 4:01pm On Dec 22, 2013
Well, the main topic here is about catholic doctrines which are obviously unscriptural. But since you don't want to address the issue directly, I leave you. Only praying for you!
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by Syncan(m): 4:09pm On Dec 22, 2013
kennedyugo: Well, the main topic here is about catholic doctrines which are obviously unscriptural. But since you don't want to address the issue directly, I leave you. Only praying for you!

Not to every question did Our Lord, Jesus, offer a response. For you, I have addressed whatever issue you have as it befits the presentation. I maintain that you should know; before you sit in judgement. I pray for you as well.
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by Ubenedictus(m): 10:25am On Dec 23, 2013
I had a feeling dis is d way d thread will end, just surprised it went on so long. @enigma wen u are ready for d thread u talked about d other time, simply make it, i'll be there. I pray i have d time.
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by Nobody: 7:40pm On Dec 26, 2013
The catholic church is one of the most
deliberately mispresented of churches...,
yes, DELIBERATELY MISPRESENTED. This
stems from the fact that the church
bases her teachings on two things, the
church traditions and the holy bible. But
a thorough look at the church's
teachings and you will realise that the
church's teachings are in perfect
harmony with the bible.
1. The Hail Mary: This one of the most
controversial prayers the church says,
who says its not scriptural? A look at
Lk1:27, will prove you wrong. The prayer
also in no way worships mary. No, it
only honours her " Hail mary, full of
grace, the lord is with you, blessed are
you amongst women and blessed is the
fruit of your womb Jesus , holy mary,
mother of God, pray for us sinners now
and the hour of hour of our death
amen" which sentence or phrase
connotes worship in this prayer? Talking
about the intercessory power of mary,
will you refuse me a favour I ask of
through your mother?
2. Placement of statues: "Catholics
worship idols" is a popular criticism, yet
one withou bases. When praying for the
repose of the soul of the dead in other
churches, The picture of the deceased is
usually there. Does that mean you are
worshipping the picture? That picture
serves the same purpose the statues
serve, creating a mental picture! The
church does not instruct anybody to
bow to these statues...... No! They also
serve the purpose of decoration.
3. Eucharist: Any body questioning this
hasn't read a bible yet.
4 Papal infallibilty: The pope is NOT
infallible in all ramifications, he is only
infallible in matters on faith and morals
as regards to the church. This means
that the church is forever shielded by
the holy spirit and can't make a mistake.
During the greatr commision, jesus
promised to be with the church till the
end of time and that the gates of hell
shall not prevail over the church. How
can the spirit of God be in the church
and allow the church make a mistake?
wouldn't christ be contradicting
himself? that's impossible!
As regards to the church's dark ages
and the sale of indulgence, i'll soon
prove to you that those visibly corrupt
practices did not corrupt the church.
Merry xmas
please feel free to ask me any question
on catholic faith

1 Like

Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by POPEII: 7:44pm On Dec 26, 2013
Well said bro
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by adsonstone: 12:00am On Dec 27, 2013
mr ryon:
4 Papal infallibilty: The pope is NOT
infallible in all ramifications
, he is only
infallible in matters on faith and morals
as regards to the church.

You are speaking contrary to what your brothers have said regarding the bold.

Your brothers here have said that the RCC did not talk about the Pope's infallibility position on matters outside faith and morals.

Make yourself clear.
Is bold your own position or the RCC's position?

Note:
RCC= Roman Catholic Church

mr ryon:
This means
that the church is forever shielded by
the holy spirit and can't make a mistake.
During the greatr commision, jesus
promised to be with the church till the
end of time and that the gates of hell
shall not prevail over the church.How
can the spirit of God be in the church
and allow the church make a mistake?

wouldn't christ be contradicting
himself? that's impossible!

I hope you have read what your brothers have written/said before you wrote the bold...

Eg: Paul suffered for man's redemption completing what is lacking in Christ's suffering for man's redemption.

Do you agree with this....or do you have a 'new/different position'?

...and of course, your brothers have refused to accept what they said - instead, they labeled it as my version of their teachings.

mr ryon:
As regards to the church's dark ages
and the sale of indulgence
, i'll soon
prove to you that those visibly corrupt
practices did not corrupt the church.

First things first.
Thank God you acknowledge that those practices are 'VISIBLY CORRUPT PRACTICES'....as your post said.

Now, do you agree that 'corrupt practices' are evil....or are corrupt practices 'Holy'?

mr ryon:
Merry xmas
please feel free to ask me any question
on catholic faith

Seasons' Greetings.

Of course, there are so many questions that have not been answered.

I hope you will do your best to answer them with utmost honesty as Syncan has been doing.

God help us all.
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by truthislight: 7:59am On Dec 27, 2013
^^^

How can you take someone posting without scriptural references seriously ?

Is christianity lawlessness ?

"Not every one that say unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that does the will of my Father who is in heaven. " (Matthew 7:21).

That ^ is plain enough for any honest hearted person to see.
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by Dnaz(m): 5:42pm On Dec 27, 2013
urn to Homepage "A Biblical Case for the Catholic Faith:
3 Fundamental ways the non-Catholic churches depart from
the Church of the Holy Bible"
Please email me with your questions, objections or
comments. INRI33AD@aol.com
Christ said the "Gates of Hell" would not prevail against his
Church? (Matt 16:16-19)
Do you believe what he said about this?
It is impossible for the "Gates of Hell" to overcome Christ's
Church or for it to teach false doctrines. It is impossible if
we "truly" believe what the Holy Scriptures say.
What I will ask you below will leave you in a quandary. You
will be faced with believing what the Holy Scriptures
actually say, or discounting them to justify your present
theology. It is true, that if the doctrines of the Catholic
Church were never corrupted, (as Protestants allege they
were), there would be no need for Protestantism; for there
would be nothing in the theology of Christ's Church to
"reform."
Let us be clear what we are discussing here. We are not
speaking of the "Sinners" in the Church or what these
sinners have done, past or present. We are discussing what
a Church officially teaches as the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
It's doctrines/creeds/catechisms.
Have men in the Catholic Church committed heinous sins in
the past, present or future? Unfortunately yes. But they are
not alone. All churches have their fair share of sinners,
even yours. During the Protestant reformation in the
Anglican stream, Henry VIII executed St. Thomas Moore
and many other Catholics who would not convert to the
Church of England. In the Calvinist stream, Calvin executed
the heretic Serventus. In the Lutheran stream, Martin
Luther advocated the killing of Anabaptist leaders, the
burning of Jewish synagogues and the slaughter of the
peasants during the Peasants War. In the Anabaptist
stream, Anabaptist seized the town of Munster in 1534,
burned all the books in the city (except the Bible), and
killed many before their attempt to establish a "New
Jerusalem" in the town fell apart the next year. And this
says nothing of the scandals of our modern day
televangelists or the plague facing today's Protestant
ministers with infidelity. Search "protestant pastors
infidelity " in google.com and read what Protestantism's
own ministers say about this epidemic problem of up to
30% of its pastors.
Yes, every church has a past and a present. That is why
one should not look at the "Sinners" of a Church to see if
the Church is Apostolic, but what the Church teaches, it's
theology. Are its Doctrines Apostolic, i.e. what the
Apostles taught the early Church? That is the question. CS
Lewis wrote in “Mere Christianity” that the ONLY reason to
belong to a particular faith is because it is True. Not
because you like the pastor or enjoy the music or they have
great activities for the kids. The ONLY reason to embrace a
faith is if it is Apostolic. The teachings of the Apostles to
the Bride of Christ, his early Church.
While a tree can surely be known by its fruit, we must
actually see if we are judging the tree itself (i.e., the
Church) and not the sinners IN the Church. For all of us are
sinners and every Church (Catholic and Protestant) is
guilty at one time or another of less than virtuous
leaders....To include the Apostolic Church 2000 years ago.
If we were to judge the Apostolic Church by the behavior of
the Apostles on Good Friday, there would be no reason to
accept Christ's infant Church, for all but 1 deserted him,
one denied him thrice and one betrayed him with a kiss. But
we don't reject Christ's Church for the sins of the Apostles,
we acknowledge their sin nature and rather accept the
Gospel Christ entrusted to them and his Church.
"Teach them to observe all I have taught you and behold I
am with you always until the end of the world" Matt 28:20
Yet, Protestants maintain that the Catholic Church has
become corrupt, or paganized or that it teaches false
doctrines. Has it? Christ started his Church in Matt
16:16-19.
"You are Peter and on this rock I will build my Church, and
the Gates of Hell will not prevail against it" Matt 16:16-19
Scripture and history tell us that Christ started the Catholic
Church and for 1000+ years it was the ONLY Christian
Church on this planet. (Unless you want to count the "Great
Heresies of history," which even modern Protestants
consider outside orthodox Christianity.)
It was the ONLY Christian Church for 1000+ years. It was
and still is a universal Church. "Catholic" in Greek means
"Universal". I.e., the Universal Church, one Church, one
Faith.
"There is One Lord, One Faith, One Baptism, One God." Eph
4:4-6
St. Ignatius of Antioch, an early Christian Bishop and
student of John the Apostle wrote 77 years after Christ
ascended into Heaven:
"Let no one do anything of concern to the Church
without the bishop. Let that be considered a valid
Eucharist which is celebrated by the bishop or by one
whom he ordains [i.e., a presbyter]. Wherever the
bishop appears, let the people be there; just as
wherever Jesus Christ is, there is the Catholic Church"
(Letter to the Smyrneans 8:2 [A.D. 110]).
So how could the Catholic Church be corrupt or teach false
doctrines as non-Catholics maintain if we truly believe
Christ's words? Do you believe the Holy Scriptures even
though they don't conform to your present theology?
If the Church teaches an evil or false doctrine, is that
church still the
"Church of the living God, the pillar and foundation of the
truth?" 1 Timothy 3:14-16
Even though it teaches an evil doctrine?
1 Timothy 3:14-16 "if I am delayed, you will know how
people ought to conduct themselves in God's household,
which is the church of the living God, the pillar and
foundation of the truth."
But what of this Church that teaches a false/evil doctrine?
Is it still "guided by the Spirit to ALL Truth?"
John 16:12-14 "But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he
will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own;
he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is
yet to come."
And this Church that teaches a false/evil doctrine, has
Satan overcome it to make it TEACH a false/evil doctrine?
Matt 16:16-18 "And I say also unto thee, That thou art
Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the
gates of hell shall not prevail against it. 19 And I will give
unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and
whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in
heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be
loosed in heaven."
Did the Gates of Hell overcome it?
If you say no,,, and the Gates of Hell did NOT overcome
it,,,,
how come this church is teaching the "Devils false
Doctrine" yet not be over come by the Devil
Think about that. You must resolve this contradiction.
You BELIEVE it is teaching the Devil's false doctrine, but
you maintain that the Gates of Hell have not overcome it?
This is a contradiction. Either they did overcome the
Catholic Church and you are wrong about the passage of
scripture, or they didn't overcome it and you are wrong
about the Catholic Church teaching false doctrines. Which
is it?
And lastly, this Church who Protestant pastors claim are
teaching the Devil's false doctrine, was told:
Matt 28: 19 "Therefore go and make disciples of all nations,
baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son
and of the Holy Spirit,
20 and teaching them to obey everything I have
commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the
very end of the age."
Is he not with his Church until the end of the age? The
Apostles would not live for ever so this was meant for His
Church. Should we believe the Protestant position that
Christ is with his Church, and that he sent the Spirit of
Truth, to guide it to ALL truth (John 16:13),,, but for some
reason, even though he will be with it to the end of the age,
he allows it to teach the *Devils Doctrine*?, i.e., something
AntiBiblical....something false?
Even though it is the Pillar and foundation of TRUTH?
How can the Truth teach an evil or false doctrine?
Is this your logic? Is this the conclusion? Or is this
rationalization of what one doesn't want to believe and
can't believe scripture teaches?
Either Christ's Church, the "Church of the living God", the
"Bride of Christ", the "Pillar and Foundation of Truth,"
either it's doctrine is corrupt and is teaching the false
Devils Doctrine,,,
or this Protestant theory of the Renaissance era (that ONLY
Protestants and Mormons adhere to), that the Church
Christ started is false and corrupt is not true and not even
Biblical.
Either we trust the Holy Words of Scripture and the
Guarantees of Jesus Christ about his Church or we don't.
Could it be that the doctrine of Christ's Church really IS
protected from "the Gates of Hell" and as Christ said,,,
*he really meant it* when he said he would send the "Spirit
of Truth to Guide his Church to ALL Truth"? (John 16:13)
Could have he really have meant it when it was called the
"Pillar and foundation of Truth"?
Given the fact that this is the way Christians have Always
believed was he really serious when he called it that?
Perhaps the Protestant position is just that. The Protestant
position,,, made up by Protestants in the Renaissance era.
And consequently NOT what the Apostles taught the Early
Church.
Either Christ's Church is what he said it was:
"the pillar and foundation of the truth." to which he would
send the "spirit to Guide it in ALL truth", and
he would be "with it until the end of the world" and the
"Gates of Hell would NEVER prevail against it"
Or this same Church now teaches the Devils False Doctrine
as modern Protestants maintain.
Who should we follow?
"The Church of the living God, the pillar and foundation of
the truth."1 Timothy 3:14-16
Or,
The revelations of Renaissance era philosophers? I.e. the
traditions of the Renaissance era man?
Just because you have believed something for years on
end. Doesn't mean it's true.
Either we believe Scripture or we don't.
Christ will protect his Church from "Officially Teaching"
error on matters of "Faith or Morals" until the end of time.
Not on matters of science or politics or even sports, only
matters of "Faith or Morals" for that is the job of Christ's
Church.
The sinners IN the Church are not protected but the
Doctrine of the Church itself. That is what the Bible tells
us.
"the Church of the living God, the pillar and foundation of
the truth." 1 Timothy 3:14-16
Either we believe the Holy Scriptures or we don't.
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by Enigma(m): 11:44pm On Dec 31, 2013
And so to another remix; still thinking Shep Pettibone. smiley

Look at what these people Vatican offers 'time off
purgatory' to followers of Pope
Francis tweets Papal court handling
pardons for sins
says contrite Catholics may win
'indulgences' by following World Youth
Day on Twitter!

^^^ It is to 'indulge' in self-deceit to be depending on "indulgences". smiley

Just like even though some say: "we do not worship Mary, we just honour her"
it may bring to other people's mind: "we do not lie, we just do not speak the truth".

Meanwhile the Roman Catholic apologists on this thread went quiet after it was shown that, from the Bible, Jesus is the only mediator and the only redeemer. (PS this is unlike them because normally they are belligerent and cantankerous)

It is also amazing that some people can be unaware of important Christian truths perhaps because they have been misled by their leaders (or something called the 'magisterium') or because they themselves do not read the Bible and content themselves with reading e.g. bulletins!

Another thing, one person was comparing the apostle Paul to Roman Catholic "popes" However, it is well known that some of these "popes" have been seen by many as despicable historically - fact; also the idea of "papal infallibility" associated with "popes" is considered by many people even including some Roman Catholics to be rubbish - fact)! Now, this particular chap was impliedly demeaning the apostle Paul's advice that a colleague should use wine for his stomach. However, such an action seems to be displaying ignorance.

Yes, the Bible is not a book of science or medicine or what have you. But the apostle who gave the idea had insight we do not have: he had an idea of the stomach problem his colleague had; he had an idea of the kind of things that helped to deal with the problem. So when he said "use a little wine for your stomach", he knew what he was talking about.

But meanwhile for our friend's attempt to demean Paul, let me now point out a couple of things:

For a long time even after the apostle Paul wrote, the "scientific opinion" or "medical prescription" of wine for stomach problems was still known. It is said that wine was the considered medicine for gallstones: in fact even the Roman Catholic (though reform-minded) Erasmus took wine partly as medicine for his own gallstones in the 15th/16th century.

Further, consider this study reported as recently as 2009: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/5416413/Glass-of-wine-a-day-cuts-risk-of-gallstones-by-a-third.html

"Glass of wine a day 'cuts risk of gallstones by a third'

A glass of wine a day can cut the risk of developing gallstones by a third, a new study shows.

Scientists previously knew that moderate levels of alcohol could protect against gallstones, but did not know how much was needed.

Gallstones occur when bile from the gallbladder, which is normally fluid, forms stones
."

cool

Postscript https://www.nairaland.com/1575747/sooooo-what-reaaaally-religious-intolerance

smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (Reply)

Pastor Femi Emmanuel's 1st Daughter Dies At 27 / The Fallen Angels From The Andromeda Galaxy ( Nephilim ) / Four Powerful Reasons You Must Run From Premarital Sex On Valentine's Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.