Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,366 members, 7,808,280 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:47 AM

Jigawa Youths Protest Arrest Of Lamido's Sons By EFCC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jigawa Youths Protest Arrest Of Lamido's Sons By EFCC (12721 Views)

Sule Lamido, Sons Arrive Abuja Court / Sule Lamido & Sons, Accompanied By Prison Officials On Their Way To Kano Prison / Posters Of Lamido And Amaechi Flood Idah, Kogi State. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jigawa Youths Protest Arrest Of Lamido's Sons By EFCC by oluwashaddow(m): 4:35pm On Nov 18, 2013
Thousands of youths under the umbrella of National Volunteer for Lamido 2015 took to the streets of Dutse, the Jigawa State capital, protesting the arrest of two sons of Jigawa state governor, Sule Lamido, by the official of Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, last week.

The two sons, Mustapha and Aminu Sule Lamido, were arrested last Thursday at their residences in Kano for alleged N10 billion money laundering.

Efforts by Governor Lamido and his associates to see that the EFCC released the two accused on bail proved abortive.

It was learnt that two senior lawyers have taken over the case with the longest serving lawyer for Lamido, Mr. Offiong Offiong (SAN) heading the team.

The state coordinator of National Volunteer for Lamido 2015, Malam Musa Gambo Guri, who addressed the crowd in Dutse, said the arrest was political, aimed at tarnishing the image of the governor.

He said this would not deter them from supporting him to vie for the office of president in 2015.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/11/youths-protest-arrest-jigawa-govs-sons/#sthash.wAUHJkS2.dpuf
Re: Jigawa Youths Protest Arrest Of Lamido's Sons By EFCC by ShobayoEmma(m): 4:42pm On Nov 18, 2013
nigeria home of protests
Re: Jigawa Youths Protest Arrest Of Lamido's Sons By EFCC by Nuzo1(m): 4:45pm On Nov 18, 2013
Crap!

Sue the terrorism sponsoring gay boys immediately! angry

8 Likes

Re: Jigawa Youths Protest Arrest Of Lamido's Sons By EFCC by Nobody: 4:52pm On Nov 18, 2013
When we say that Nigeria is a failed country that will soon come to an end, people doubt us.

The people of Jigawa are agaisnt the arrest of the suspects.
EFCC should free them oo. The people have spoken

6 Likes

Re: Jigawa Youths Protest Arrest Of Lamido's Sons By EFCC by Nobody: 5:25pm On Nov 18, 2013
Nuzo':
Crap!

Sue the terrorism sponsoring gay boys immediately! angry

U are useless and dumb, u think say our youths forgot their traditions and religion? I guess u and ur guys are the Gays.
Or you think they are sponsored? Who tell u say na kind Stella Oduah boys? O u soppoX they are hungry dogs that can be given a pair of indomie as PDP does in Anambra election?? Think again.

8 Likes

Re: Jigawa Youths Protest Arrest Of Lamido's Sons By EFCC by takedat(m): 5:48pm On Nov 18, 2013
"Every thief caught red-handed and exposed quickly retrace their steps into the ethnic or religious cocoon and begin to sponsor with our stolen funds, ethnic and or religious 'mass' defence of their thievery." We've seen it play out on Nairaland also, with the supposedly enlightened ones being at the fore front of ethnic defense of graft and financial recklessness, so what do we expect from the Almajiri's?

44 Likes

Re: Jigawa Youths Protest Arrest Of Lamido's Sons By EFCC by Abagworo(m): 5:49pm On Nov 18, 2013
The end of this Jonathan administration doesn't look good to me. I smell blood everywhere. May the Lord deliver us all form evil men and their agents. Nigeria is definitely bigger than them.

2 Likes

Re: Jigawa Youths Protest Arrest Of Lamido's Sons By EFCC by olabukola: 5:52pm On Nov 18, 2013
Abagworo: The end of this Jonathan administration doesn't look good to me. I smell blood everywhere. May the Lord deliver us all form evil men and their agents. Nigeria is definitely bigger than them.
so you are no longer interested in fighting corruption.

11 Likes

Re: Jigawa Youths Protest Arrest Of Lamido's Sons By EFCC by owobokiri(m): 6:04pm On Nov 18, 2013
i will take them serious when they start blowing themselves up

2 Likes

Re: Jigawa Youths Protest Arrest Of Lamido's Sons By EFCC by Nobody: 6:15pm On Nov 18, 2013
Yorubas don dull diaselves tey tey... Oduah was supported and shielded by igbos, Now Lamidos son by Jigawa ppl... Yorubas use to criticize dia sons and dotas when astray especially wen da matter is politicaly inclined... Abeg make we wake up... Atleast if we can't support our ppl, we should learn to remain quiet and turn deaf ears... Private scolding is not bad sha, toba necessary niyen... Hahahaha

3 Likes

Re: Jigawa Youths Protest Arrest Of Lamido's Sons By EFCC by SU37fighter: 6:17pm On Nov 18, 2013
Mscheww.
Yeye people.
Why did lamido committ graft that gave EFCC a loop-hole to arrest him politically motivated or not.
It's even more sickening when you realize that jigawa is the least developed state in Nigeria.
Re: Jigawa Youths Protest Arrest Of Lamido's Sons By EFCC by SU37fighter: 6:19pm On Nov 18, 2013
Abagworo: The end of this Jonathan administration doesn't look good to me. I smell blood everywhere. May the Lord deliver us all form evil men and their agents. Nigeria is definitely bigger than them.
If you think corruption will be fought without a little blood- spilling,then you don't know Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Jigawa Youths Protest Arrest Of Lamido's Sons By EFCC by NgeneUkwenu(f): 6:23pm On Nov 18, 2013
noblezone: When we say that Nigeria is a failed country that will soon come to an end, people doubt us.

The people of Jigawa are agaisnt the arrest of the suspects.
EFCC should free them oo. The people have spoken

Shut Up! They are learning from you people! Have you forgotten how you and your shameless cohorts fought to keep Aunty Stella in government in spite of her atrocities and robbery angry angry angry

18 Likes

Re: Jigawa Youths Protest Arrest Of Lamido's Sons By EFCC by Atouke: 6:42pm On Nov 18, 2013

may yours be shed

1 Like

Re: Jigawa Youths Protest Arrest Of Lamido's Sons By EFCC by Nobody: 6:49pm On Nov 18, 2013
Nonsense. They should be prosecuted and sent to prison where thieves belong.
Re: Jigawa Youths Protest Arrest Of Lamido's Sons By EFCC by Abagworo(m): 7:20pm On Nov 18, 2013
olabukola: so you are no longer interested in fighting corruption.

I'm 100% in support of fighting corruption but not in support of destracting performing governments like Imo, Rivers and Jigawa with frequent EFCC harassment when people like Oduah, subsidy thieves etc. with glaring evidences are given Presidential protection.

1 Like

Re: Jigawa Youths Protest Arrest Of Lamido's Sons By EFCC by obyrich(m): 8:22pm On Nov 18, 2013
Dead country. Confused bunch.
Re: Jigawa Youths Protest Arrest Of Lamido's Sons By EFCC by lincolnj88: 11:11pm On Nov 18, 2013
Abagworo:

I'm 100% in support of fighting corruption but not in support of destracting performing governments like Imo, Rivers and Jigawa with frequent EFCC harassment when people like Oduah, subsidy thieves etc. with glaring evidences are given Presidential protection.
I doubt if u gat a sense of ur own..... cry

8 Likes

Re: Jigawa Youths Protest Arrest Of Lamido's Sons By EFCC by juman(m): 11:27pm On Nov 18, 2013
obyrich: Dead country. Confused bunch.

Dead country.

2 Likes

Re: Jigawa Youths Protest Arrest Of Lamido's Sons By EFCC by collynzo2(m): 11:47pm On Nov 18, 2013
I hope you smell your own blood

5 Likes

Re: Jigawa Youths Protest Arrest Of Lamido's Sons By EFCC by Tolexander: 11:56pm On Nov 18, 2013
lincolnj88: I doubt if u gat a sense of ur own..... cry
it will be better stating why you differ with the guy instead of the attack bro!
Re: Jigawa Youths Protest Arrest Of Lamido's Sons By EFCC by Tintinix: 12:46am On Nov 19, 2013
Abagworo:

Performing what
Re: Jigawa Youths Protest Arrest Of Lamido's Sons By EFCC by LMAyedun(m): 9:44am On Nov 19, 2013
Sponsored Protest.
Re: Jigawa Youths Protest Arrest Of Lamido's Sons By EFCC by clemmonce(m): 9:49am On Nov 19, 2013
journalist are the problem of Nigeria..... few jobless and stupid youths stage a very small protest the next thing you see is so so so and so youths protests saying for instance lagos youths or jigawa youths...... .. journalists may Ogun strike them....
seconddly this protest of thing is now turning into something regular, you arrest a politician you next you see is people (few jobless people) that were paid protesting i smh for Nigeria, and it is the same people that will complaining that there is no good road, no electricity and so on... am out

1 Like

Re: Jigawa Youths Protest Arrest Of Lamido's Sons By EFCC by Nobody: 9:51am On Nov 19, 2013
Abagworo:

Errr... Duh!!! "Distracting" how? Have you forgotten that state governors enjoy immunity from prosecution?

Corruption must be tackled in all places and at all levels. Being a "performer" does not exempt one from scrutiny.

Let's stop with the excuses.

4 Likes

Re: Jigawa Youths Protest Arrest Of Lamido's Sons By EFCC by Nobody: 9:54am On Nov 19, 2013
Thank God the protest didn't take place in Kano, if it was Kano we would be counting dead bodies mostly Southerner Kafirs by now. One Nigeria my foot. If Igbos could protest to protect their own daughter I see no reason why the Hausas can't do the same. Nigeria a country of tiwa n tiwa namu namu. I'm sorry for this damned nation.

1 Like

Re: Jigawa Youths Protest Arrest Of Lamido's Sons By EFCC by ITbomb(m): 9:55am On Nov 19, 2013
When they say corruption is the main problem of Nigeria , I join hand with GEJ and say NO!!!
Tribalism and systematic failure of the judiciary system is the fundamental problem.
You catch a thief and his people (from whom he had stolen billions and dash them hundreds) would gang up and say you are persecuting him.
Nigerians are so sentimental that objectivity is a mirage, nobody care about who is stealing or how much as long as he is from your side and you may be getting kobos from the millions he is stealing.
We really have a long way to go as a country. Practice true federalism, make each regions develop their economic life without depending on a central source of money and you will see corruption go down drastically on its own.

13 Likes

Re: Jigawa Youths Protest Arrest Of Lamido's Sons By EFCC by Nobody: 9:55am On Nov 19, 2013
If na poor man pikin for 1mil na staight to kirikiri nobodi go talk if u protest police go cari u de case go soon end we no go kno.poverty na diziz
Re: Jigawa Youths Protest Arrest Of Lamido's Sons By EFCC by MillionDollars: 9:55am On Nov 19, 2013
dat awkward moment wen u write a long story on nairaland nd get 1 likes

1 Like

Re: Jigawa Youths Protest Arrest Of Lamido's Sons By EFCC by OgologoDimkpa: 9:55am On Nov 19, 2013
Abagworo:

Performing what
Re: Jigawa Youths Protest Arrest Of Lamido's Sons By EFCC by wellmax(m): 9:56am On Nov 19, 2013
I love Nigerians, steal money, take part of it to mobilize jobless youths to protest.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Massive Protest In Egor LGA, Edo State Over 17 Months Unpaid Salaries (photos) / Offa Robberies: Saraki Asks Buhari To Investigate Michael Adikwu's Death / March 18 Elections: INEC Files Appeal, Insists On Use Of PVC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.