Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,370 members, 7,800,745 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:18 AM

SURE-P To Pay Unemployed Graduates N25,000 Monthly - FG - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / SURE-P To Pay Unemployed Graduates N25,000 Monthly - FG (35754 Views)

For Unemployed Graduates ONLY / What Unemployed Graduates Pass Through In Nigeria / Senate President Gives 2face Ferrari But Rejected A Bill To Pay Unemployed Grad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SURE-P To Pay Unemployed Graduates N25,000 Monthly - FG by nkwerrrr: 10:54am On Nov 19, 2013
wer waiting
Re: SURE-P To Pay Unemployed Graduates N25,000 Monthly - FG by sCun: 10:55am On Nov 19, 2013
If there is no job, there is no job. All this talk about trying to help them get experience is bull.

1 Like

Re: SURE-P To Pay Unemployed Graduates N25,000 Monthly - FG by iyes(m): 10:58am On Nov 19, 2013
SURE-P itself is a scam. Imagine them still at "promising" to do something stage 22 months after it started, and barely a year to the end of the tenure of the initiator!

Compare and contrast with PTF - both were from extra revenue made on increase in petrol's pump price.
Re: SURE-P To Pay Unemployed Graduates N25,000 Monthly - FG by adezjamz(m): 10:59am On Nov 19, 2013
Nigeria..., truly a Nation where the govt always managed to create an entirely spurious impression that the citizen (the simpleton type) will be thriving for.

I really wondered what they (govt) always have in mind when initiating a particular project. 15Billion in my opinion can set up a standard organisation (be it manufacturing or others) that can employ almost ½ the beneficiaries.

Our govt always hide behind the facade of manufactured outrage.... always, as their incompetence cost us more.

I pray God help our villainous leaders & guide them right. Amen.

1 Like

Re: SURE-P To Pay Unemployed Graduates N25,000 Monthly - FG by MrAboki: 11:01am On Nov 19, 2013
Sike: Can you Send me just 1k MTN Card?

I'll do you one better.. Drop your number here and I'll credit your account
Re: SURE-P To Pay Unemployed Graduates N25,000 Monthly - FG by emorse(m): 11:05am On Nov 19, 2013
theoctopus:

What do you mean addressing this instead? What is the purpose of say, the power reform and privatization? Is it not to address it? What is the purpose or reviving the rail system? What is the purpose of the agric reforms? These are all actions to address those issues. The problem is you think these things should work overnight. These are major reforms that will take years to fully achieve. For example, it will take a few months for the new power companies to fully settle down and function optimally. Nigeria was destroyed for over 40 years.

So giving out 25k to 50k people out of the millions there are is the best short-term move to make?
These things are not rocket science. Save for the power sector, the effects of any efforts put in should not take so long to be felt. Especially in the agric sector.
Take this for example. How long will it take to cultivate an orange plantation, make orange juice, package and export them? Less than two years. And you'd need labourers from day one. Hundreds of them. You wouldn't have to fund it for long and you'd even generate revenue for the country. And thats just orange.
Please don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to fault this move just for the sake of it. I just believe better and longer lasting solutions could be proffered.

1 Like

Re: SURE-P To Pay Unemployed Graduates N25,000 Monthly - FG by Nobody: 11:05am On Nov 19, 2013
Paying people 25k is just feeding on their greed.

I could barely survive on my first job when i was being paid 60k.....let them use the money to establish coys and take care of social ammenities in the country to reduce the strangulating effect of poverty and the desperation of jobless youths.
Re: SURE-P To Pay Unemployed Graduates N25,000 Monthly - FG by MrAboki: 11:10am On Nov 19, 2013
theoctopus:

You guys dont have to post if you have nothing to post. Maybe you are criminals or your parents or uncles are politicians, so you get free money. That does not give you the right to talk nonsense on an online forum. The news is obviously not for you so just waka pass. Thank you

Nwokem... Shattap!! angry

[b]25'k for a graduate is crap without some form of support from the host companies in terms of accomodation & transport logistics..

All I said was that 25'k is small and you turn around and attack me. Just because a person is struggling does not mean you should take advantage of them. 25'k for our graduates is a joke. Even I will not work for any entity for less than a certain amount a month. And NO! I dont work for the government, neither do I have parents, uncles or whatever that work for the government. Infact, I hate the fact that I have to pay my Taxes to this government sef because they have done nothing for me..

Even some Maiguards, housegirls and drivers now earn more than 25'k per month.. angry As a corper, I was earning about 25'k culmulative monthly and God knows it was hell. And if you are too slow to reason, let me help you;

25'thousand divided by 30days = 833 Naira per day!! Barely 5 US Dollars a day!!

So a Nigerian Graduate is only worth this?!

I will gladly pay A sound Graudate this 25'k per month with bonuses and perks to work for me as my P.A. angry

No wonder illiterate Politicans dey chop our money... . angry[/b]

3 Likes

Re: SURE-P To Pay Unemployed Graduates N25,000 Monthly - FG by Hartarmah(m): 11:12am On Nov 19, 2013
theoctopus:

It is not the job of government to create jobs. Government's job is to create the enabling environment for companies to thrive

Don't ever say this in d public or in a general gathering,or else u could b stoned......lol.Hw will u say it is nt d functn of govt to create jobs.I can see dt u r one f d half baked cake/pre mature cock produced by our faulty educational system in d country.Gada informatn bfore u talk,is going to elp u avoid insults.Do u knw hw many persons NITEL wuld ve employed if nt ruined by govt nd odas like dt.Be current nd versatile for gud reputation.
Re: SURE-P To Pay Unemployed Graduates N25,000 Monthly - FG by aliumik: 11:14am On Nov 19, 2013
firstolalekan: Good development.

At least, make bobos get small change from the billions they are stealing every time..
Just pray they will.not even steal the money before it gets to u
Re: SURE-P To Pay Unemployed Graduates N25,000 Monthly - FG by dmcdad: 11:14am On Nov 19, 2013
Mubby4luv:
Oya now, na u try pass.
Thanks for your understanding....
Re: SURE-P To Pay Unemployed Graduates N25,000 Monthly - FG by akandea(m): 11:15am On Nov 19, 2013
Scammer.com!

Just add this to the long list of abandon projects
Re: SURE-P To Pay Unemployed Graduates N25,000 Monthly - FG by MrAboki: 11:16am On Nov 19, 2013
dmcdad:
Haba! At all at all na im bad pass na... At all at all na winsch!

Bros!! Instead wey person go turn me to slave, I go dey chop Tapioka and groundnut sleep..

25'k per month?!!

haba na!!! You sef check am well na... This is the same slave labor that the government subjected Corpers to.. Graduates working for 9'5 per month for big companies and banks and schools. Same corper have to fend for their accomodation, feeding, up keep etc. for 9thousand 5!! angry

God punish poverty mentality.. I no go even look enployment letter wey dey offer me 200'k per month 2 times.. angry
Re: SURE-P To Pay Unemployed Graduates N25,000 Monthly - FG by daimsush(f): 11:18am On Nov 19, 2013
[quote author=ceejay80s]

Wetín be 25k?
If i stand for road by 10pm wìth on pants on, fîne gírls wìth nice ride carry me go for 50k per night
Na so, 50k per night lol..... Dream on.
Re: SURE-P To Pay Unemployed Graduates N25,000 Monthly - FG by Nobody: 11:18am On Nov 19, 2013
theoctopus:

Just imagine if the government actually form companies and put people like you in charge to manage it. Your post is a proof that government should never try such a thing. grin
What's my offence? Please be objective!
Re: SURE-P To Pay Unemployed Graduates N25,000 Monthly - FG by Nobody: 11:20am On Nov 19, 2013
freedom@last:
This is not a scam. My company was contacted to find out if we had space for at least 2 graduates for this program.
and what was ur company's reply??
Re: SURE-P To Pay Unemployed Graduates N25,000 Monthly - FG by evmandy(f): 11:21am On Nov 19, 2013
Mr Aboki: 25'k.... grin

That na recharge card money na!!

Re: SURE-P To Pay Unemployed Graduates N25,000 Monthly - FG by Nobody: 11:22am On Nov 19, 2013
freedom@last:
This is not a scam. My company was contacted to find out if we had space for at least 2 graduates for this program.

You see what we are talking abt here? Ur company was contacted to find out if they could be space for @least two graduates? Dont know why we cant be ashamed of our failed intellects. How many two graduates per firm would solve unemployment issues in Nigeria? Instead of govt thinking of industralising the nation, they are rather thinking of finding slim opportunities to fix two graduates in govt. agencies, non-govmental org etc. Nonsense! Industralization is the only solution to unemployment and since govt doesnt know that, NAUG is here to do it.

NAUG: Creating employment for Nigerian Youths. Join us today!
Re: SURE-P To Pay Unemployed Graduates N25,000 Monthly - FG by MrAboki: 11:22am On Nov 19, 2013
Hartarmah:

Don't ever say this in d public or in a general gathering,or else u could b stoned......lol.Hw will u say it is nt d functn of govt to create jobs.I can see dt u r one f d half baked cake/pre mature cock produced by our faulty educational system in d country.Gada informatn bfore u talk,is going to elp u avoid insults.Do u knw hw many persons NITEL wuld ve employed if nt ruined by govt nd odas like dt.Be current nd versatile for gud reputation.

Hahahaaa!!

MTN, GLO, ETISALAT, AIRTEL, STARCOMMS, etc have created more jobs in under 14years than Nitel created in all their existence.. Still unemployment still full..

Its the job of Government to create the suitable environment for businesses to grow. The larger a business grows, the more hands would needed. Imagine how much companies in Nigeria would save on Diesel.. Imagine if these companies now channel this savings into expanding their businesses?! Imagine how much companies would save on Security.. Imagine if they transfer those savings into their businesses?! Imagine how much companies would save on Vehicle maintainance if our roads were good?! Transfer that savings into the business and.......

Simple economics..

For every deficiency of the government, businesses would have to cover those from their pockets, which means less money that could have gone back into the business.
Re: SURE-P To Pay Unemployed Graduates N25,000 Monthly - FG by Darejyde(m): 11:22am On Nov 19, 2013
Sumbody go still sitdown chop dee whole moni by recruiting ghost grads then just dey sideline billions Τ̅☺ him account. Giv M̶̲̥̅Ƹ 500k and give M̶̲̥̅Ƹ 2yrs and see miracles. ℓ̊ have dreams drawn out A̶̲̥̅ proposal but ♌o moni Τ̅☺ give ♍γ̲̣̣̥ dreams leg.
ℓ̊ L♥√e ♍γ̲̣̣̥ country die even though
Re: SURE-P To Pay Unemployed Graduates N25,000 Monthly - FG by Bizibi(m): 11:24am On Nov 19, 2013
A lot of secondary school kids on dis forum
Re: SURE-P To Pay Unemployed Graduates N25,000 Monthly - FG by Toyeengreat: 11:25am On Nov 19, 2013
This is a political strategy by d so called PDP nd @ dsame tym an avenue 4 financial misappropriation(looting money).
If at all is goin 2 wok, it'll be politicized by PDP. D best way is dat Fed Govt shud conduct d recruitment. If State govt shud recruit it'll b manipulated: givin form 2 dia relatives. God will hep us. Wt d Xcss Crude Oil Fund nd doz money consficated by our able EFCC; wia do dey keep dem. Evry evil men rulin us shal be displaced in Jesus name, Amen
Re: SURE-P To Pay Unemployed Graduates N25,000 Monthly - FG by Hartarmah(m): 11:27am On Nov 19, 2013
I hope many people do nt get dis programme wrong as it is to expose u nd train u up for d best in life if it will actually b done on merit basis.If d Sure-P commitee allow d govt to hijack dis prog frm dem to politicize,it will b a useless intervention.I did one f such at d state level for good 2years wt dsame promise of bin considered first for any employment bfore dose dt will nt participate bt d story is a different one today wen d whole prog was politicized.It's gud,don't miss out on dis if u ve opportunity.
Re: SURE-P To Pay Unemployed Graduates N25,000 Monthly - FG by Iceman296: 11:27am On Nov 19, 2013
HNosegbe: 50,000 graduates.

Like someone I know once said, programmes like this are tantamount to trying to fill up a bathtub with a teaspoon of water.

We need power for small businesses to thrive, single-digit interest rates for Nigerian enterprises to borrow, and the right regulatory framework to support and incubate business ideas.

This hardly makes a dent.

Spot on Bro, You Hit the Nail on It's Head. We Can't Keep Deceiving Ourselves!
Re: SURE-P To Pay Unemployed Graduates N25,000 Monthly - FG by 9jatatafo(m): 11:28am On Nov 19, 2013
This is a very wide conduit pipe to steal money from SURE-P account. I think this is another waste of time of the graduates. How much is 25K monthly for a graduate? The FG do not value our graduates for them to offer this hopeless amount of money. What is the total number of graduates that do graduate from all the universities in Nigeria in a year? If we remove 50,000 from them what number is left? FG and SURE-P please park well. Hahahaha this a cover-up plan by SURE-P to cover the missing 600 billion naira from their account. SMELLING SCAM
Re: SURE-P To Pay Unemployed Graduates N25,000 Monthly - FG by MrAboki: 11:34am On Nov 19, 2013
Dear Jonathan

Please channel that 15Billion Naira straight into the Power sector.. LET THERE BE LIGHT...

When there is light, start properly implementing Business friendly incentives.. example;

- Businesses that are related to Agriculture would get tax exemption for 2years or even three..
- Businesses that are into fabrication, production and manufacturing get certain tax exemption for the first X number of years and should their employee stranght exceed certain bench marks, they get some sort of tax relief..

e.t.c..

We have intellectuals in Nigeria.. Gather them and let them figure out these deals.. Rather than give Tax & Duty waivers to companies like Coscharis to import 300 cars for itself, give it to a new indigenous company.

Local content can be done better.. For example every expartraite that is employed into Nigeria, 2 Local Nigerian Graduates must be employed to understudy that expatriate until he leaves... angry The job I work Today was because I understudied my Oyinbo boss for 1 year. Today, I have his Job title and responsibilities by a stroke of luck that saw him leave and gave me the chance to shine.. But I have not seen another case like mine since I came in. Rather, we keep recycling Oyinbos around and the government keeps taking 1% of their salaries as Local Content levy.. Utter nonsense..

I no go school on credit.. 25'K per month na rubbish!! Anybody wey e vex, go hug transformer.. Me I don speak my mind and I go still speak more..

1 Like

Re: SURE-P To Pay Unemployed Graduates N25,000 Monthly - FG by MrAboki: 11:39am On Nov 19, 2013
Polio:

Can you show any evidence that you have spent 25k on recharge cards monthly, for the past three months?

Ode!

Hahahahaaa

Between my 3 phone lines and my Ipad.. grin Nwokem.. My monthly phone bill fit blow your mind... grin

No use people persona on Nairaland judge them o!!
Re: SURE-P To Pay Unemployed Graduates N25,000 Monthly - FG by banki(m): 11:41am On Nov 19, 2013
theoctopus:

It is not the job of government to create jobs. Government's job is to create the enabling environment for companies to thrive

Yess so the. Government creates an enabling enviroment by ensuring that the policemen meant to secure the people are securing politicians they chase the people away. From the streets and ensure that inflation. Goes up,they even go to germany. Wwhen they are sick thus. Creating. A very enabling. Enviroment for health wokers the enabling enviroment is so wonderful that prices of. Food is so high and the cost of doing business. Is. Extreamly high
Re: SURE-P To Pay Unemployed Graduates N25,000 Monthly - FG by richeyy(m): 11:41am On Nov 19, 2013
Mr Aboki: 25'k.... grin

That na recharge card money na!!

At least it's something tongue
Re: SURE-P To Pay Unemployed Graduates N25,000 Monthly - FG by eluquenson(m): 11:42am On Nov 19, 2013
Govt tells so much lies & unfulfilled promise, so I would rather not believe this story
Re: SURE-P To Pay Unemployed Graduates N25,000 Monthly - FG by MrAboki: 11:44am On Nov 19, 2013
richeyy:

At least it's something tongue

25'k is Nothing!! ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!

Infact.. its shiit.. Atleast 1500 naira a day.. so by the time 500 goes on transport, 500 goes on food, the guy still has 500 naira left to attend to miscellenous bills and responsibilities..

45000 naira = 1500 per day.
25,000 naira = 850 per day.

Plus, this scheme sounds like another NYSC scheme.. No real susbstance to it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Chevron Nigeria Limited Industrial Training Opportunity / ICPC Recruitment Test Result / Chris Kwekowe Rejects Bill Gates Job Offer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.