Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,223 members, 7,780,421 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:00 PM

Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! (21388 Views)

Nairalanders, Share Your Marshmallow Experiences Here / 10 Tips To Keep Your Phone Safe And Private / What Are Your Experiences With Refurbished Phones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by Akposy(m): 7:48pm On Nov 18, 2013
my dad just bought this big touch screen chinko fone in 2007, he told me not to carry it anywhr but I stubbornly took it along wit me to write waec exam after alighting frm d bus I cld not c d fone...

I even fail dat day paper... I knw knw hw I wan take cry dat day and my papa fit beat person to death... I run comot 4 house
Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by Youngsage: 7:49pm On Nov 18, 2013
Ignatio: The first phone I lost was in a keke. Slipped out of my pocket, I didn't know. Later called the number but it had been switched off...

Exactly the way I lost my phones! Mehn I'm very sure those guys used jazz lol

but guy you don lose fone plenty oh
Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by joelenesleek(f): 7:50pm On Nov 18, 2013
It was time for the church hymnary, well my sister was already up and by the Time she was back on her seat, her Bag was open and the Fat lady who sat behind her must have gone somewhere to charge the Fone for ever.
As for me I woke up @ about 2.am in the Hostel to find not my Phone, charger, earing and charging reading Lamp. But the cat dancing outside the Trash can got me more frightened than the Thief. I called the good boy when the day became bright to beg him for just my sim and Mem.card, but he roughly said" Gurl you they fall my hand oh" and he switched off the 4ne afta he must have spent my #400 worth of airtime.
Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by maryhaam(f): 7:50pm On Nov 18, 2013
Mine happened last month only see it in movie never knew its so real,was trying to cross the guy just hit me,and he said sorry I even smiled back saying nevermind..............dunno I will eventually mind,wen I crossed to d oda side of the road to check my phone in my pocket,it was no where to be found,very very painfull like I was broke and didn't plan for a loss ...missed u ma phone
Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by frcxs(m): 7:51pm On Nov 18, 2013
Agiemars: Yes,i slept off in a bus while cmin 2 abk fr ib in july,i got hme 2 realise dey don hijack d phone fr me while sleepin,it waznt funny @ll cause anytym i ova slept @hme during dat period my dad will jst say "orun to sun ninu bus ti won fi ji phone lo wo e ni osi sun yen"

lwkm
Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by braine(m): 7:53pm On Nov 18, 2013
iam_idris: choi! I was there live! But u f/uck up oh! How u go let dat kain tin happen? U nor knw say awon omo oro dey around ni? Btw, the show sweet oh!

Yes ooo• The show sweet that's why I no feel the loss that moment• It was after I was now recollecting what happened•
Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by frcxs(m): 7:53pm On Nov 18, 2013
Akposy: my dad just bought this big touch screen chinko fone in 2007, he told me not to carry it anywhr but I stubbornly took it along wit me to write waec exam after alighting frm d bus I cld not c d fone...

I even fail dat day paper... I knw knw hw I wan take cry dat day and my papa fit beat person to death... I run comot 4 house

HONESTLY...THIS GUY IS A CLOWN.
Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by quivah(f): 7:54pm On Nov 18, 2013
Xoxocanada: I recently forgot my bb in a taxi and I thought it was gone for good. Two days later a guy called me that he's with my phone. He advised me to come for it at a designated place. Lo and behold, he handed it over to me on D day.

He's my Nigerian hero
he wouldnt return if it were an andriodwink

And he wouldnt return it if this happened last year!smiley
Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by Youngsage: 7:57pm On Nov 18, 2013
Wow! So many hilarious experiences, got me ROTFLMSO!!! May we not experience them again ooo
Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by Hopez456(m): 7:57pm On Nov 18, 2013
May bb was recently stolen from me while i was deeply asleep. My roomie left the room for vigil without informing me and the door was not bolted from behind. I was reading online when i slept off with the phone in my hand. I woke up in the midnight to charge the phone, then i discover that it was gone, i woke everybody in the house that night, nothing happened even when my roomie came back. I still dont know how it happened cos that was my first experience. I am missing that phone badly cos no money now to get another one. This is one of the stories i have got to tell, no thanks to ASUU.
Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by Nobody: 7:57pm On Nov 18, 2013
First experience. Was coming back one evening from a friend's house. As I alighted from the cab just to walk into my hostel, some dudes just came out from the dark corners.
One held a gun to my ribs and the other made away with my sexy beautiful phone and gold necklace sad

Second experience, was going to buy petrol opposite our hostel then. Was holding my phone and gisting with my friend while we strolled to the gas station. Two guys on bike double-crossed us. With lightening speed the other guy jumped from the bike. Drew his small pistol gun and surrendered us. People waiting by the road side tear race cheesy
Anyway he took our phones and they sped off on their bike and I we rushed to resuscitate my friend who fainted( guess it was her first time of seeing a gun) cheesy

Chai e no go better for all those students wey dey use gun steal from their fellow students. Very bad

Last experience I got robbed in a public transport during my nysc. I got down to pay my fare and couldn't find my phone in my pocket. Men see gobe o. Peeps insisted on searching the guys beside me. It was found on one of them.in his pocket. Omo Come see beating.
Hai. I started crying. Please leave him. Please leave him (hate violence)
Omo na so dem for kill that guy there o.

Hunger is a bad thing.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by snakova(m): 8:00pm On Nov 18, 2013
lt was the month of my marriage when i boarded a bus frm zaria enroute to kaduna. just as the bus was leaving i remembered something and had to alight frm the bus only to try n make a call then realise that my nokia N80 dat i saved almost 50k outa my allawee dat was just 9.5k to buy was gone. i chartered a bus n chased the bus down to a few kilometres frm kd(jaji) but found it too difficult to strip search the ladies in the bus. i had just lost my job at the time in 2008. God punish that biatch

1 Like

Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by Nobody: 8:05pm On Nov 18, 2013
cry cry cry cry cry IN 2007 i was returning from my brother's house, along a lonely pathway i was answering a call then suddenly two armed robers on motor cycle blocked me, i was still wondering why two small boys have the guts to stop me suddenly they brought out 2 locally made rusted guns pointed the stuff in my bully, omoh i didn't hesitate to surrounded my phone, immediately they entered there bike and zoomed off!! cry cry cry cry
Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by Akposy(m): 8:09pm On Nov 18, 2013
frcxs:

HONESTLY...THIS GUY IS A CLOWN.

Why? Must u insult?
Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by Nobody: 8:10pm On Nov 18, 2013
Someone forgot Asha 200 in my maruwa today and i returned it to the owner..

1 Like

Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by alphaconde(m): 8:12pm On Nov 18, 2013
Everytime I lose my phone I get it back, maybe its because I always return missing items when I find them.
Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by Darejyde(m): 8:12pm On Nov 18, 2013
Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by mazizitonene(m): 8:13pm On Nov 18, 2013
Never lost my phone....hasn't been stolen before

#abi d person wey wan thief am dey mad? undecided
Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by rexbuton: 8:15pm On Nov 18, 2013
Last experience, dis one was in uniben, hall4 male hostel precisely, pple normally dey sleep inside common room( people even sleep in the basketball court outside), It was during exam period, as I lie down dey chill, I see Person dey bend down over me, I be don dey reason gay levels, before I know his hand was near my pocket, na den I shout say Wetin dey happen? D guy said something in yoruba and said " sleep! , na dream". As the guy touch my phone, na so I shout ' thief oh'... Other Pple wey be dey watch film just run come back, the guy ran, we pursue am from unit 2" to unit 1"... Funny enough na me still catch am first, dem gather dey lynch d guy! Trust hall 4" boys... When we searched the guy we found one bold4, one htc, one torch and nokia x2.. You wouldn't Believe that inside the commotion, the bold 4" loss mysteriously.. Den dose fvking security came, carry d boy.. Dem say make I write statement, and I refused and left dem...

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by Beennkumar(m): 8:16pm On Nov 18, 2013
Last year, while returning from school, a small kid whom I haven't seen before came pleading in tears that he'd like to use my phone to call his dad who left him alone.

I was kinda sorry for him, so I gave it to him. Well, I just walked into a store which was directly behind where I stood to purchase something and ehm, when I came out, this kid was nowhere to be seen. angry

A month later, I found him within that same area, though not the exact spot and I tapped his shoulder. He turned around, looked at me and when he recognized me, he just ran away and I just couldn't start chasing him, so i left him to run his race alone angry

Little thief! angry

1 Like

Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by TheWhiteLynchM(m): 8:18pm On Nov 18, 2013
El_capo: Person wan pick ma phone yesterday or make I say he don remove am gan.. nah god save me I just got dis feeling that smth was missing on me cheesy cheesy cheesy I quick quick slapped d guy beside me lipsrsealed don't knw he was d one tho. But I guessed ryt & he was lyk emmmmm emmmm I saw ur phone on d floor and I... I.....I was abt returning it ayam no thief undecided undecided undecided
bros..ermm.. U wrote 'God' using a small g its kinda an abomination...
Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by Justeenaleo(f): 8:21pm On Nov 18, 2013
iluvweed: MINE WAS STOLEN ON MY WAY TO SYNAGOGUE

BUT I WAS LUCKY TO HAVE PASTOR TB JOSHUA'S PIC AS MY WALLPAPER

WELL...I DONT KNOW WHAT HAPPENED NEXT BUT ON GETTING HOME GUESS WHAT I SAW... shocked

MY PHONE FULLY CHARGED AND ALSO ALL THE DENTS AND SCARS ON IT HAD GONE!

3YRS USED PHONE TURNED BRAND NEW....... grin

THANKS TO TBJ'S PICTURE........... wink

#In Onazi's voice......[b]I Love TBJ.

[/b]
Thought it was weed
Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by UjSizzle(f): 8:21pm On Nov 18, 2013
March this year, I was at Lekki Phase one about boarding a bus to go home. 5pm is the usual closing hour for most people, ao we had the usual crowd waiting to hop into the first bus that came around,and yeah there were also those waiting to rob those waiting to hop into a bus.
I was an unfortunate victim.

By the time i got into the bus, i noticed my bag was slightly open. Even without looking in, I already knew what to expect. My phone was gone(the celeb one) and my brt ticket. In that same place were #500 note and my nokia torchlight phone.
It would appear i moved before the thief could complete his mission.

I just sat in the bus completely numb. I wasn't sure whether to cry, scream or laugh sad
Thank God for small mercies, if my nokia torch was taken too i would have actually cried. The stolen phone had my inactive line, while the torch had the active. But I miss that pretty pink phone like madt, and i miss my memory card most of all--Imagine losing my playlist of over 800 songs from every known genre!! angry That one drove me mad mehn.

But like always God dey. I lost that phone and got a sweeter one later cheesy but that doesn't mean i don't want it back though grin

I learnt my lessons, and topping the list was: ALWAYS clutch your handbag to your chest while boarding a bus.
See everyone as a potential robber.
Avoid crowds like a plague.
NEVER underestimate the importance of the regular 'palasa'. Keep your active sim in them. They are the most reliable phones in the market.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by Ohioh: 8:22pm On Nov 18, 2013
dimples*:
Hmm! Mine was a miscalculation! I didn't use my head well!

I entered a bus from festac to mile2, 1 guy entered after me and we were d only passengers @d back! Few mins later I felt som1 staring@me, I turned nd d guy was looking n smiling @me, like mumu I smiled back nd I was like: ds fine guy is admiring me!! So I adjusted body turned 2d window and allowed for full admiration!! Minwhile my phone was sticking outa my jean pocket close2 d guy!!
Wen we got 2 mile2, he rushed and came down, den I came down after him from d bus and remembered my x6!! It had disappeared!!Alas! D bobo was admiring my phone!!
no1 in my family. Knows d. True story
lool! Me too!
Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by Nobody: 8:22pm On Nov 18, 2013
Bird flip phone wey hin life don scatter. The phone wey be say na rubber I use hold, na hin person steal for inside Physics lab when I still dey school. That was as far back as 2006. Laugh no gree comot my mouth and water no gree comot my eye.
Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by Nobody: 8:23pm On Nov 18, 2013
That was some yrs back, in my yr1 of my school, I was going to play video game as usual at nyt when I passed two boys sitting under a tree, then one of the guy hailed me and called me to come, I kept moving then he walked up to me and asked me if he can see my phone, so I gave him then he slapped me and ran. All I could see was white lights to d extent I didn't know d direction he ran. And it was a samsung truei then.
Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by Meegan: 8:27pm On Nov 18, 2013
Mine was june 12 this year in Ife. I was serving den. Being an holiday me and my roomie decided 2 cook friedrice nd chicken, drinks and evrytin. Dat wz hw we slept like overfed elephants that nite and 4got 2 pin down the bathroom window 4rm inside. At about 2am that nite, we jus heard our neighbour shouting "ole thief". Dats hw we jumpd out of bed and my roomie could not find her ipad cos she wz charging it. It was like a dream to me. I checkd d door it wz locked, checkd room window locked. Then I decided to look for my own fone(bold 5) twz gone, my roomie's fone(touch 2 and bold 5) twz gone too. Laptop nko, gone, my gold necklace gone. D tension wz too much, I had to go 2 d toilet datz wn I saw d bathroom window opend, d net wz torn, d burglary hz bn removed. D toilet wz messed up. Dey evn put som of our clothes on d bathroom floor and left our sim cards on top of d wc.my frnd wz furious dat she came out dat nite 2 chase d tiefs buh 1 stupid man in d area started shooting so no1 could com out 2 chase dem. I could nt laff or cry. Jus 4got abt d whole tin.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by oluplus(m): 8:28pm On Nov 18, 2013
Last year february, I was in filling station to fuel my car. 2 guys came, claiming to be hiv +. They really looked sick and very lean. They begged for money for treatment and some drugs and food. So, I droped N200. While gazing at the gauge to avoid being cheated, these guys took my phone from the other side window, which was down. LG X500 dual sim. I still dey curse till today, if they're still alive. Very painful.
Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by dannytwix(m): 8:30pm On Nov 18, 2013
Ona sorry o, i haf not loss my fone b4 grin
Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by damola311: 8:31pm On Nov 18, 2013
What i know is that d highest percentage of d phone theft will happen in Lagos...... dem go rob you and you go still say thank you.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by lafuria1(m): 8:32pm On Nov 18, 2013
it was last year in kaduna after the bh reprisal attacks and curfew was put in place. the curfew was relaxed till 9pm. soldiers were on the street and people were at home, the street was partly empty. I decided to go to the bank just to check my account balance (I don't receive alert at that time) using the atm machine.

I went to the atm machine, carried out the transaction, no problem. I was returning home, two boys approached me on an okada (they were struggling with it). they told me their okada had problem and needed a third hand to help them fix it. I didn't suspect anything and gladly accepted to help. they told me to hold the okada handle so that they align the okada steering and tire together.

we spent like five minutes trying to fix it, at the end they asked me where can they get a mechanic, I gladly directed them. they thanked me and waved at each other. it was after I had taken five steps towards home that I notice my phone was gone, instead of shouting, I was just laughing grin because I couldn't believe I was just being pick pocketed. I wore a jeans trouser and the phone was in my front pocket,. I still cant say how they successively stole the phone from me.
Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by sammoe(m): 8:33pm On Nov 18, 2013
obainojazz: menn...mine was terrible...it was ontop naija bridge...it fell inside...so i jumped...swimmed for like 20km...killed 99sharks...made ten blind...it was one blue whale dat swallowed it sha...dat was wen i remembered am using the phone to type this lie

Guy, your matter no be here. I pray may your phone no lost, na dt tym u go talk true !

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 Specifications & Photos / iPhone 6 Leaked Photo? / Nigerians Storm Glo Facebook Page With Poor Ratings, Glo Removes Ratings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.