Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,331 members, 7,808,120 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:26 AM

Why Do You Remove Your Seatbelts When Off The Highway? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Why Do You Remove Your Seatbelts When Off The Highway? (617 Views)

About 10 Men Sitting On A Bus On A Lekki Highway / #KogiInauguration: Fatal Tipper Accident At Kogi Highway (Graphic Pics) / Help, I Lost Throttle Power On The Highway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do You Remove Your Seatbelts When Off The Highway? by Sicozone(m): 4:59pm On Nov 18, 2013
Good day nairalanders,how has been ur day? It's monday and as usual,always a busy day. But theere is an issue at hand as we all drive back home from our various places of work.
It has come to my notice that most nigerians whenever they are off the highways or major road,when they are now in their neighbourhood,they tend to remove their seatbelts. Most of us are very guilty of that,now the question is why do you remove it? Afterall it's a safety measure and accidents don't only happen on the highways. Is it that we tend to see the seat belt as a burden or what?
Re: Why Do You Remove Your Seatbelts When Off The Highway? by Nobody: 6:01pm On Nov 18, 2013
I DON'T unbuckle my seatbelt until I stop my car, kill the ignition and open the door. But why why are u accusing me unjustly (based on your thread's title)? cry
Re: Why Do You Remove Your Seatbelts When Off The Highway? by Nobody: 9:37pm On Nov 18, 2013
I never drive without my seatbelt firmly clicked in place, regardless of the speed I'm driving at, or the roads I'm driving on. If I'm driving to the shops, at 30 mph, and it's a 3 minute drive, I'll still use my seatbelt.

Any passengers in my car MUST wear their seatbelts too. If they choose not to, then they either walk, or catch the bus. No exceptions.
Re: Why Do You Remove Your Seatbelts When Off The Highway? by Nobody: 10:09pm On Nov 18, 2013
The fact that it is common in your area does not mean it is common everywhere.
Re: Why Do You Remove Your Seatbelts When Off The Highway? by Mlud: 10:28pm On Nov 18, 2013
For those few who unbuckle their seatbelts whilst still driving take these 2 points:-
1. No matter how good a driver you think you are or how familiar you are with local roads once off the highway accidents never ever tell you before they happen.......thats why they are called accidents.

2. You may be driving at low speeds on local roads but right after an accident the vehicle is likely to come to an immediate halt, thus propelling your chest towards the steering wheel or your head into the front screen at the speed your car was travelling at immediately before the accident.....the exact action seatbelts are meant to prevent. Its a good idea to insist that everyone in your car belts up even at low speeds.
Most Nairalanders are too smart to unbuckle before arriving at their destination. For the few who do, still think its a good idea?

(1) (Reply)

Beware Of Theives In Motor Mechanic Outfits Between Lagos And Edo. / Honda Civic Radio Unloking Code / 1st AUTOSALES CONCEPT (affordable Cars,vans,trucks,services And Logistic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.