Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,700 members, 7,802,079 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:47 AM

Nigeria VS Italy: Man Of The Match? - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria VS Italy: Man Of The Match? (26753 Views)

Nigeria Vs Italy - International Friendly: (2 - 2) On 18th November 2013 / Spain Vs Italy - Confederations Cup (7 - 6) On Pens On 27th June 2013 / Nigeria Vs Italy: U-20 Women's World Cup (4 - 0) On Sunday August-26-2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria VS Italy: Man Of The Match? by bong4(m): 5:02am On Nov 19, 2013
tunshe:

Man of the match not men...

Moses.
did u just say moses. What i saw in Moses was a player who just wanted to scored even when he could have passed to better positioned players. Moses was just too selfish upront.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria VS Italy: Man Of The Match? by V6ix(m): 5:20am On Nov 19, 2013
the super eagles are making awareness of their coming to the world cup watch out

1 Like

Re: Nigeria VS Italy: Man Of The Match? by ROCKJ1(m): 5:41am On Nov 19, 2013
Super Eagles have a way of pulling surprises. Watch out for them at the world cup.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria VS Italy: Man Of The Match? by ibrokola(m): 6:03am On Nov 19, 2013
Shola Ameobi

1 Like

Re: Nigeria VS Italy: Man Of The Match? by Afam4eva(m): 6:23am On Nov 19, 2013
SU-37fighter.:
Na wa o.
So Mikel should be thrown away just because of one poor match, when it was obvious he was highly fatigued.
And this was the same mikel that was our best player at the confederations cup.
You never see anything. No be Nigerians again? Their memories are very short. They did same to Ike Uche and Sunday Mba.

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria VS Italy: Man Of The Match? by iamdsam: 6:54am On Nov 19, 2013
The men of the match yesterday were Amoebi and Onazi. For Italy, it was Ballotelli and Pirlo. Mikel played well at first but was later fatigued. Our team performed well in general. Thumbs up to the Super Eagles!
Re: Nigeria VS Italy: Man Of The Match? by Wab28: 7:01am On Nov 19, 2013
LesbianBoy: Nigeria 2 Italy 2
Who did you think was the Man Of
The Match?

***I made frontpage...... yippeeeeeee!!!!!!! Stands up and starts dancing etighi, azonto and skelewu all at once*** cheesy cheesy

be kidding urself
Re: Nigeria VS Italy: Man Of The Match? by Samgreguc(m): 7:02am On Nov 19, 2013
1.Our right back was porous.
2. Keshi seems to b playing a diff formation; playing just Mikel and Onazi as the active midfilder and thus making the game seem like a 4-2-4 formation. He did that against Ethiopia in Addis Ababa but leta made it 4-3-3 when he introduced Nosa Igiebor.
3. Amoebi, Dike, Ejide, Enyeama, Mikel, Moses and Onazi to mention but a few were gud but I give it to Mikel and Onazi cos it nt izi being d only midfilders_We needed Nosa there too.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria VS Italy: Man Of The Match? by wolegzy: 7:08am On Nov 19, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:
First of all, we have to salute Andrea Pirlo who came in and showed professionalism and class. He was exceptional.

Onazi was definitely at his best tonight.

Shola Ameobi was pure class. Proved me right again and I can't wait to watch him play for us again. An assist and a goal says it all.

Oboabona was fantastic and blocked a lot of threats.

Benjamin Francis was a revelation today. For the first time in years I was comfortable with our left back. He was great going front and back. Cerci caused him problems but Cerci is a top player.

Others worth mentioning Ejide, Enyeama and Ogbonna(Italy)

Benjamin Francis and solomon kwambe were our weakest links in the match. They both showed inexperience and weren't coming back to defend when they overlap.
Re: Nigeria VS Italy: Man Of The Match? by solayemi(m): 7:31am On Nov 19, 2013
emmawiz: 4 me its d goalkeeper or victor.. d defence line was so so so so so so so so bad... Kai we really need defenders n a lil bit of mid field, I dnt tink mikel is competent enuf 2 wear dat num 10 jersey, he is jus an average player. We need a senior man in dat middle.
. will u replace him?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria VS Italy: Man Of The Match? by instinctg(m): 7:32am On Nov 19, 2013
Ameobi- splendid , onazi- high work rate, goal keepers- impressive but our greatest draw back was our defence. D left back was shattered and keshi shld av added a cover for dat dude. Egweke is ONLY good in d air due to his height and so so below average.
Re: Nigeria VS Italy: Man Of The Match? by gbrown(m): 7:36am On Nov 19, 2013
Roughbook: onazi is the man abeg, he showed the italians pepper but abeg oga coach we need Yobo in our defence line
Why do people like u draw our football back, just imagine u suggesting the return of yobo, was it not yobo that concealed his injury at south Africa 2010 just so he can be at the mundial? Have u forgotten the number of times yobo,s fumbling has cost us important matches, any yobo return will imply that we are playing 9 against 11, yobo will only overlabour our leftback and rightbqack cos they will be playing thier game and covering up for yobo

1 Like

Re: Nigeria VS Italy: Man Of The Match? by asiwaju87(m): 7:40am On Nov 19, 2013
As for me... Shola ameobi was my man of the match while Mikel obi was my flop of the match
Re: Nigeria VS Italy: Man Of The Match? by Odeju(m): 7:42am On Nov 19, 2013
Pirlo and onazi
Re: Nigeria VS Italy: Man Of The Match? by Ogegod87: 7:51am On Nov 19, 2013
Acidosis: I am the man of the match

LOl. I didn't watch d match though. DSTV subscription chose yesterday 2 expire.
Re: Nigeria VS Italy: Man Of The Match? by damola311: 7:55am On Nov 19, 2013
One and only BALOTELLI.....he really show d world how soft n easy our defence is.....
Re: Nigeria VS Italy: Man Of The Match? by striker9(m): 7:57am On Nov 19, 2013
pazienza:

Mikel had a good a game, IMHO. He kept things simple and tidy. It was Onazi trying to over do things that cost us the equalizer, and it was Onazi trying to redeem himself for causing the equalizer that made him selfish, and made him hold the ball for too long, trying to dribble italians and get the winning goal, when he should be trying to pick out a nigerian player in the italian eighteen yard box, he wasted a deadly counter that would have won us the game, if he wasn't trying to cover himself in glory,perhaps we could be celebrating by now.
Good point,Onazi was the best player,he plays with these guys week in week out.Mikel had a decent game,he allowed Onazi dash forward while he soak up all the pressure.Oduamadi was a short one,SE had a wonderful game and they really enjoyed themselves.We missed Omeruo and Efe Ambrose,the right back couldn't move forward.The team needs a little polish and more friendly games with big teams.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria VS Italy: Man Of The Match? by odreji: 8:08am On Nov 19, 2013
[color=#006600][/color][b][/b] N̶̲̥̅̊☺ b. Only ur english bend, ur brain sef bend join.....
bastien: Onazi of course!!!!

See guys I gat something to say,there Is one player in the team that need to be show the exist door if only he will change his way,at this moment pride shouldn't come in,Ameobi,ambrose and Eyeama should for me be the ones doing the pride stuff and not Mikel,is he bcus he has won champions league n others,that doesn't count,Kanu won many and yet didn't play with pride,how about Pirlo or Xavi,this are complete midfielders,that when ever they are called,they Answer with honour and dignity to there country,and serve them well,we all saw what Pirlo did today,how he changed the game etc,Mikel doesn't seems like he wanna be in that squad,he romance the ball to much,and shading players like he is d strongest,(mean why,when he is in chelsea he doesn't do that,he play with the team and more offensive) after today match,Vincent Enyeama went to him,and give him world of advice!

Think,so one (elder) should talk to him!

Sorry if ma english bend
Re: Nigeria VS Italy: Man Of The Match? by Bome01(m): 8:11am On Nov 19, 2013
Shola Ameobi definitely! One goal, One assist! He played so well than I've ever seen him play before, even in a newcastle shirt!
Re: Nigeria VS Italy: Man Of The Match? by Bome01(m): 8:32am On Nov 19, 2013
class0247: woah...Nigeria just book a friendly match with England.....This is amazing i have always hope we play against our master
Excuse me? Who is your master? Why don't you organize it? Slave!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria VS Italy: Man Of The Match? by pollay: 8:41am On Nov 19, 2013
Shola Ameobi is the man of the match, he played classical futbol
Re: Nigeria VS Italy: Man Of The Match? by Bome01(m): 8:47am On Nov 19, 2013
dirtymoney:
am a chelsea fan bro. i ve been watching the dude play for a while now. I see him as an average player. A midfielder is the heart of a team. He is the cordinator and centre of gravity, everything is supposed to centre round him. If you notice, chelsea's games are usually either forward or backwwards, you hardly find the ball in the midfield for long, except of course if its with their opponents. Maybe i expect more from him.
Am a Chelsea fan too! And Mikel's no Okocha, Pirlo or Xavi! Mikel's style of play is a trademark Mikel's style of play. You can't change that! Deal with it! When Keshi sees a better 10 or the 10 you all want, he'd not hesitate to push him deep down to his preferred role! Presently, we don't have a better 10 or do we?
Re: Nigeria VS Italy: Man Of The Match? by Bilabong(m): 8:51am On Nov 19, 2013
Every one is saying Onazi... Sorry to disappoint you "that is not how they rate man of the match" if you say Onazi is the man of the match what will say of Demanti?
[b]BALOTELLI[b/] winz
Another issue is that of jersey. Why do Nigerian team like wearing over size jersey with no name? Every one is saying Onazi... Sorry to disappoint you "that is not how they rate man of the match" if you say Onazi is the man of the match what will say of Demanti?
[b]BALOTELLI[b/] winz
Another issue is that of jersey. Why do Nigerian team like wearing over size jersey with no name?
Every one is saying Onazi... Sorry to disappoint you "that is not how they rate man of the match" if you say Onazi is the man of the match what will say of Demanti?
[b]BALOTELLI[b/] winz
Another issue is that of jersey. Why do Nigerian team like wearing over size jersey with no name?
Re: Nigeria VS Italy: Man Of The Match? by jameszikman: 8:54am On Nov 19, 2013
emmawiz: 4 me its d goalkeeper or victor.. d defence line was so so so so so so so so bad... Kai we really need defenders n a lil bit of mid field, I dnt tink mikel is competent enuf 2 wear dat num 10 jersey, he is jus an average player. We need a senior man in dat middle.
like u abi
Re: Nigeria VS Italy: Man Of The Match? by Sugahbroda(m): 8:57am On Nov 19, 2013
[quote author=bastien]Onazi of course!!!!

See guys I gat something to say,there Is one player in the team that need to be show the exist door if only he will change his way,at this moment pride shouldn't come in,Ameobi,ambrose and Eyeama should for me be the ones doing the pride stuff and not Mikel,is he bcus he has won champions league n others,that doesn't count,Kanu won many and yet didn't play with pride,how about Pirlo or Xavi,this are complete midfielders,that when ever they are called,they Answer please whats 'mean why'

1 Like

Re: Nigeria VS Italy: Man Of The Match? by Nobody: 9:00am On Nov 19, 2013
I'll choose victor moses, he was always ready for the counter and pressurized the italian defence, we lost the rhythm of the game when he was removed. . . . I'll go for Victor Moses.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria VS Italy: Man Of The Match? by chucky234(m): 9:10am On Nov 19, 2013
Onazi misplaced so many passes and thats one of the weakness of a DM,Xavi,Pirlo,Makelele,Seadoff,Ambrosini,Alonso will never misplace that much passes in a single game and thats why they are regarded as one of the greatest DM players in the world.
People who thinks Onazi was man of the match knows little about football,Ameobi lacked quality service from the midfield the whole time he was on the pitch yet managed to create the first go for Dike and coverted the only quality supply that came his way through Francis, thats a sheer brilliance and a match winning performance.
Ameobi is certainly the man of the match just as Goal.com and Skysports rated him their man of the match.
John Ogu made more impact the few minutes he was on the pitch than Onazi who lacked quality decision taking in the final third, Onazi was also responsible for the second goal scored by Giaccherrini and missed a sitter in the final minute of the match.
Re: Nigeria VS Italy: Man Of The Match? by chucky234(m): 9:18am On Nov 19, 2013
striker9: Good point,Onazi was the best player,he plays with these guys week in week out.Mikel had a decent game,he allowed Onazi dash forward while he soak up all the pressure.Oduamadi was a short one,SE had a wonderful game and they really enjoyed themselves.We missed Omeruo and Efe Ambrose,the right back couldn't move forward.The team needs a little polish and more friendly games with big teams.
Onazi was flop of the match,too many errors for a modern DM in a single match.
Running around misplacing passes doesnt make a player man of the match,he never completed a single pass that put our strikers in sight of goal in 90mins yet Pirlo achieved more in less than 20mins.
Mikel and Onazi were poor,our strikers would find it hard to score goals in Brazil with such mids.
Re: Nigeria VS Italy: Man Of The Match? by neohitler(m): 9:22am On Nov 19, 2013
I can't believe those clueless Italians couldn't beat those armature Nigerian footballers.Lucky Nigeria
Re: Nigeria VS Italy: Man Of The Match? by Nobody: 9:26am On Nov 19, 2013
chucky234: Onazi misplaced so many passes and thats one of the weakness of a DM,Xavi,Pirlo,Makelele,Seadoff,Ambrosini,Alonso will never misplace that much passes in a single game and thats why they are regarded as one of the greatest DM players in the world.
People who thinks Onazi was man of the match knows little about football,Ameobi lacked quality service from the midfield the whole time he was on the pitch yet managed to create the first go for Dike and coverted the only quality supply that came his way through Francis, thats a sheer brilliance and a match winning performance.
Ameobi is certainly the man of the match just as Goal.com and Skysports rated him their man of the match.
John Ogu made more impact the few minutes he was on the pitch than Onazi who lacked quality decision taking in the final third, Onazi was also responsible for the second goal scored by Giaccherrini and missed a sitter in the final minute of the match.

I wasn't going to post a comment on this thread. However, I had to because of your comment. You're too harsh on Onazi. He was naija's best player on the field yesterday. The guy did his job perfectly and also did half of Mikel's job. Come on, he's human. Naija played 2-man midfield and Mikel was almost in ghost-mode for most of the match.

As for the Ogu guy, he's next to useless and overly aggressive. If it were a proper game - he would have been sent off. The ref was just a tad bit lenient on those guys.

However, I agree with the rest of your post. wink
Re: Nigeria VS Italy: Man Of The Match? by Nobody: 9:30am On Nov 19, 2013
is it me or does it look like every mikel hater either hates chelsea or likes 2face

1 Like

Re: Nigeria VS Italy: Man Of The Match? by Nobody: 9:34am On Nov 19, 2013
dirtymoney:
am a chelsea fan bro. i ve been watching the dude play for a while now. I see him as an average player. A midfielder is the heart of a team. He is the cordinator and centre of gravity, everything is supposed to centre round him. If you notice, chelsea's games are usually either forward or backwwards, you hardly find the ball in the midfield for long, except of course if its with their opponents. Maybe i expect more from him.

you hardly see the ball in chelseas mid and yet chelsea has mids scoring left and right,,,,can u see how shallow your analysis is?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

AFCON : Ghana Dumped Out By Debutants Comoros In One Of AFCON Greatest Shock! / Gothia Cup Draws In Ajegunle: Ex Super Eagle Stars, CAF & NFA Officials At Event / Dickson Nwakaeme Buys Range Rover For Wife (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.