Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,797 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:43 PM

Rate Nigeria's Match Against Italy - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Rate Nigeria's Match Against Italy (28183 Views)

The Super Eagles Training For The Friendly Match Against Belgium (Photos) / Any Prophesy Concerning Zambia Vs Nigeria Match? / How Do You Rate Nigeria Vs Colombia? 23 List Final (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rate Nigeria's Match Against Italy by Fitzy4real(m): 6:07am On Nov 19, 2013
Lordave: Can we make it against teams like Germany and Brazil?

Nigerians, give them 1 and they'll ask for 10. Nigeria only needs 2 put up a decent showing at the world cup. We all know that we can't win it so why bother about Brazil and Germany?
Re: Rate Nigeria's Match Against Italy by Fitzy4real(m): 6:12am On Nov 19, 2013
chi4ik: Super Eagle made me proud even though Keshi made another silly mistake by not Using Echiejile $ Efe. But we have to improve.

Silly mistake? This was a friendly match. Friendly matches are usually used to test all the players especially those that don't play regularly. If you say that not playing Efe and Echiejile was a mistake, you are indirectly also saying that playing Ameobi, Dike and Ejide was a mistake...
Re: Rate Nigeria's Match Against Italy by Fitzy4real(m): 6:18am On Nov 19, 2013
Von Bismark: make una shun say the match end 2-2, super eagles no play anything make we talk true, super eagles too slow, dem no fit run, dem come dey lazy for that match, that match vex me! NA UNDER 17 SUPPOSE PLAY THAT MATCH cos na dem sabi....mtcheeew

If only it was that easy to play against one of the top 5 ranked teams in the world and put up a good show. People like you are the reason why a lot of our youth players don't blossom because you put a lot of expectation on their young shoulders and are quick to critisize them when they don't live up...

2 Likes

Re: Rate Nigeria's Match Against Italy by Sike(m): 6:22am On Nov 19, 2013
safarigirl: A resounding B. We repped Africa today. Italy didn't come to dance skelewu, they came to win and we gave them an awesome fight that got a worldwide audience to troway salute our way. The Super Eagles proved their win at AFCON was no fluke.
BLESS YOU.
Re: Rate Nigeria's Match Against Italy by Fitzy4real(m): 6:23am On Nov 19, 2013
Gistwitherico: What is bosnia going to find in the world cup? Other continents should be given more slots. For crying out loud europeans have marginalised this tournament and its unfair. Its the world cup not the european cup! How can europe alone have more than 12 slots and even the whole mighty south american continent with consistent impeccable performance in previous world cup campaigns have only 5 spots! This is inhuman and being selfcentered by fifa...

They own the game, that's why. You pay money to watch the EPL, Liga, Serie A and UCL etc, that's why. I'm even of the opinion that more slots be given to them because truth be told, we Africans are almost all going to be knocked out in the 1st round...

And if I'm not mistaken, Bosnia qualified at the top of their group so what's ur issue with them? Would you rather see Bance than Dzeko @ the world cup?
Re: Rate Nigeria's Match Against Italy by adaYakzum(f): 6:33am On Nov 19, 2013
Victor moses was selfish sha.... All he wanted to do was to score, he will rather fall than pass his ball
Re: Rate Nigeria's Match Against Italy by DJDOLA(m): 6:39am On Nov 19, 2013
Unbelievable....my thought was italy3 nigeria1...but nigeria prove me wrong...but super eagle still like many things oooooo
Re: Rate Nigeria's Match Against Italy by busterr(m): 6:42am On Nov 19, 2013
Seriously, i give it A not A+, alot of exciting spots, i know people who got the tickets enjoyed themselves and hey mikel was good in the first half

1 Like

Re: Rate Nigeria's Match Against Italy by iamdsam: 6:44am On Nov 19, 2013
bastien: Onazi of course!!!!

See guys I gat something to say,there Is one player in the team that need to be show the exist door if only he will change his way,at this moment pride shouldn't come in,Ameobi,ambrose and Eyeama should for me be the ones doing the pride stuff and not Mikel,is he bcus he has won champions league n others,that doesn't count,Kanu won many and yet didn't play with pride,how about Pirlo or Xavi,this are complete midfielders,that when ever they are called,they Answer with honour and dignity to there country,and serve them well,we all saw what Pirlo did today,how he changed the game etc,Mikel doesn't seems like he wanna be in that squad,he romance the ball to much,and shading players like he is d strongest,(mean why,when he is in chelsea he doesn't do that,he play with the team and more offensive) after today match,Vincent Enyeama went to him,and give him world of advice!

Think,so one (elder) should talk to him!
Yes. You're right. I saw Eyeama at ending of the match talking to him seriously, probably giving him advice. I don't seem to understand Mikel. He plays with too much pride. He always slows the pace of the Super Eagles whenever he gets hold of the ball. I won't like him to be carried along to world cup if he continues to play that sluggish football for Nigeria which he never plays for club. I also got a problem with Musa. This guy isn't a good attacker. He's very bad in the finishing. He finishes his ball anyhow. I think the coach should do away with him. When compare what Amoebi did yesterday, then you'll certainly support what am saying. I even respected Onazi more than Mikel yesterday. He played with pace going forward and running backwards immediately we lose the ball. Our defenders need to be more confident with the ball and try not to lose the ball quickly and should also try to easily fall back quickly whenever we lose the ball. Keshi needs to work on our defence seriously and the tactics of the team generally and needs to do away with some players like Musa. We don't need such players win spoils chances and opportunities to score goals in the world cup. Congratulations to team. It was a well deserved draw. We can only improve from here.

2 Likes

Re: Rate Nigeria's Match Against Italy by iamdsam: 6:46am On Nov 19, 2013
I give this match a B. I believe we can perform better if there's con amore (enthusiasm and zeal and love for the country on the part of the players).
Re: Rate Nigeria's Match Against Italy by odumchi: 6:49am On Nov 19, 2013
Is this not a Nigerian on the Italy squad?

Re: Rate Nigeria's Match Against Italy by BabaTony: 6:54am On Nov 19, 2013
I give them a B, this is because considering they just played Ethiopia on saturday in a hot country like Nigeria then travel to London in the onset of winter to play on monday and still compose themselves. There were lapses in our defence that need to be taken care of. We gave the Italians a good fight.
Re: Rate Nigeria's Match Against Italy by Btruth: 6:56am On Nov 19, 2013
Wouldn't know much though. I only watched the last 20 mins of the game, but with that, I will still give them 70%. They only need to improve, & that boy call Musa should get serious.

cheesy
Re: Rate Nigeria's Match Against Italy by rennylaw(m): 6:59am On Nov 19, 2013
caprini: The commentator ...said "this is good football,end to end attack like a basketball game" what more can I say?

you are on point. End of discussion!

1 Like

Re: Rate Nigeria's Match Against Italy by bastien: 7:01am On Nov 19, 2013
iamdsam: Yes. You're right. I saw Eyeama at ending of the match talking to him seriously, probably giving him advice. I don't seem to understand Mikel. He plays with too much pride. He always slows the pace of the Super Eagles whenever he gets hold of the ball. I won't like him to be carried along to world cup if he continues to play that sluggish football for Nigeria which he never plays for club. I also got a problem with Musa. This guy isn't a good attacker. He's very bad in the finishing. He finishes his ball anyhow. I think the coach should do away with him. When compare what Amoebi did yesterday, then you'll certainly support what am saying. I even respected Onazi more than Mikel yesterday. He played with pace going forward and running backwards immediately we lose the ball. Our defenders need to be more confident with the ball and try not to lose the ball quickly and should also try to easily fall back quickly whenever we lose the ball. Keshi needs to work on our defence seriously and the tactics of the team generally and needs to do away with some players like Musa. We don't need such players win spoils chances and opportunities to score goals in the world cup. Congratulations to team. It was a well deserved draw. We can only improve from here.
thanks! U just nailed it
Re: Rate Nigeria's Match Against Italy by ajaxtea(m): 7:05am On Nov 19, 2013
As i always say my opinion matas coz am nt a 2nd choice citizen....

The game went well xcept 4 sum anormalies on d side of d referee...

#D last line of defence was awesome even with d sub provin 2b d best choice 4d team. #Defence was gud on d 5 & 6 side, while d 2 & 3 needs more coachin. #Midfield unda d comand of general mike was at its good, just dat odas in dis position nids 2 learn aw 2 do d passes and distribution beta. #strikin force showed itself as un-disputed again 2nite....

In all d team nids some polishin so as 2 fill dis loop-holes and we are ready 2 go 4 #Gold in 2014 @#Brazil.....#team_super_eagles.... Wil give dem 69%

1 Like

Re: Rate Nigeria's Match Against Italy by Philistine(m): 7:10am On Nov 19, 2013
It's like u guys did not watch the match yesterday or u are just been sentimental,those guys are a bunch of mediocres,except for d 2 goalkeeepers,i would give them an E grade,there is simply nothing special about them.

1 Like

Re: Rate Nigeria's Match Against Italy by Mexyz(m): 7:10am On Nov 19, 2013
In d course of the match, i was confused if i was watchn the right match. It was difficult for me to differenciate btwn a world cup final n a friendly match. Dat italian coach was playn wit fire, y did he introduce pirlo na? He thought he was playn Haiti.

2 Likes

Re: Rate Nigeria's Match Against Italy by Okmartins(m): 7:12am On Nov 19, 2013
Re: Rate Nigeria's Match Against Italy by megaafeez: 7:12am On Nov 19, 2013
I hate musa and ideye....in accordance to wat they played yesterday night,they played well only that in d last 20minutes much pressure ar on Nigeria...keshi need to work on Nigeria defense,the two Italy goals are defensive error....don't we av a left back?..those goals ar to cheap.Nigerian players did well,they ar organized bt nt playing systematically.Our wingers are nt playing well... I give them weaken B
Re: Rate Nigeria's Match Against Italy by BabaO2: 7:20am On Nov 19, 2013
Without sentiment Ideye and Odumadi are obviously not national team materials. Musa is ok, but needs to be coached, I don't know why Keshi and co can't extract Finidi George out of him if they are sound technically. For purposeful, tactical and fearful eagles, Keshi should play ameobi behind emenike in the attack.
Ejide,Eyama,Onazi,,,saved us from embarrassment yesterday, otherwise we could have lost that match with wide margin. Yesterday match on average =c+
Re: Rate Nigeria's Match Against Italy by Mavor: 7:28am On Nov 19, 2013
Re: Rate Nigeria's Match Against Italy by Kelyto: 7:31am On Nov 19, 2013
i dont think dat guy bright dike is too good for d super eagles dan ideye...he's too sluggish and forget d fact dat he scored....sola ameobi did ok bt cant be compared to emenike our hitman....mikel was too dull makin slow and some dangerous backpasses...he dispossesed d ball more dan any oda player dere...i dont weda its his pride or fatigue from sat's match..anyhw,he need to improve....onazi again was d guy for me...always motivated,good runs,good passes,good shots!....dat jersey 15 guy should neva smell SE again...d guy is a flop..he couldn run,no overlappin,couldnt defend well,and caused many mistakes dere at d bak...for oboabuna,he's always been good and yesterday,he proved himself again...moses was good bt nt exceptional....ogu came as a subs for oduamadi,to me d guy is ok..he shld be given more playin time for d se.....bt generally,our boys were superb yesterday...dis proves dere worth to me...havin played on sat nite,boardin a plane on sun,and playin on tues yet dey showed a quite gud perfomance against a world class team like italy,i tink d w/cup semi-finals is sure....B+ for dem
Re: Rate Nigeria's Match Against Italy by Odeju(m): 7:39am On Nov 19, 2013

See guys I gat something to say,there Is one player in the team that need to be show the exist door if only he will change his way,at this moment pride shouldn't come in,Ameobi,ambrose and Eyeama should for me be the ones doing the pride stuff and not Mikel,is he bcus he has won champions league n others,that doesn't count,Kanu won many and yet didn't play with pride,how about Pirlo or Xavi,this are complete midfielders,that when ever they are called,they Answer with honour and dignity to there country,and serve them well,we all saw what Pirlo did today,how he changed the game etc,Mikel doesn't seems like he wanna be in that squad,he romance the ball to much,and shading players like he is d strongest,(mean why,when he is in chelsea he doesn't do that,he play with the team and more offensive) after today match,Vincent Enyeama went to him,and give him world of advice!

thats true
Re: Rate Nigeria's Match Against Italy by bamac(m): 7:41am On Nov 19, 2013
Na fight d italo coach bring com.. Na like say na do or crash ni o.

1 Like

Re: Rate Nigeria's Match Against Italy by Jozeeprosper(m): 7:42am On Nov 19, 2013
My only problem with the team yesterday was the defence. We need to strengthen our squad with experienced defenders. Who talk sey mikel no play well?, for me he had a fair game, it‘s not easy to play two games within 3 days na.

1 Like

Re: Rate Nigeria's Match Against Italy by drealdoc89(m): 7:47am On Nov 19, 2013
safarigirl: A resounding B. We repped Africa today. Italy didn't come to dance skelewu, they came to win and we gave them an awesome fight that got a worldwide audience to troway salute our way. The Super Eagles proved their win at AFCON was no fluke.
They tried to defeat us,buh we resisted and gave them a good fight despite d loopholes in our defense.
I HAIL THEE SE!
Re: Rate Nigeria's Match Against Italy by tushd(m): 7:52am On Nov 19, 2013
Dem bois sabi,,,,see has onazi dae kill them...i think naija team has come of age
Re: Rate Nigeria's Match Against Italy by sammy329(m): 8:06am On Nov 19, 2013
Re: Rate Nigeria's Match Against Italy by Soso990240(m): 8:08am On Nov 19, 2013
donigspain: I'll give them a C (average). To be candid, the super eagles were just lucky to have conceded only two goals and miraculously scored two. We were literaly out-played in every section of the pitch, ermm, okay maybe not in goal keeping.
Seriously, whoever played that Right Wing Back i.e. position two (jersey no 15) should never be called to the super eagles again. He caused our 5 and 6 to over-labour. His overlap was the poorest I have seen in the history of football and his recovery, hmmm, pathetic.
One sentence to summarize our outing tonight - We were just lucky.
na 4 every match we de dey lucky? 4 AFCON u guys said we were lucky,against ethiopia u guys said we were lucky.na for every match we de dey lucky? Mtchwwwwwwww.

2 Likes

Re: Rate Nigeria's Match Against Italy by wogorparadise: 8:11am On Nov 19, 2013

it was mikel who confronted the ref before he started givin cards arbitrarily, that was wut eyeama was talkin abt wit mikel, understand he is tryin a new role in the eagle, specificaly wut he played in under 20....... Pls dnt beef him ok

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

2023/24 Premier League Opening Day Fixtures / Moisés Caicedo To Chelsea For £115M British Record Transfer Fee / Dino Zoff: Why Cristiano Ronaldo Left Juventus For Man Utd

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.