Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,858 members, 7,802,750 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:43 PM

Who Was The Best President Nigeria Ever/never Had? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Was The Best President Nigeria Ever/never Had? (7892 Views)

Photo: Who Is Your Best President So Far? / Who Is The Best President Nigeria Has Ever Had? / Is Namadi Sambo The Best Vice-President Nigeria Has Produced So Far? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Was The Best President Nigeria Ever/never Had? by ayomifull(f): 3:02pm On Jul 18, 2008
I grew up hearing complaint from generation to generation about how this president is not good and how that president is terrible. I was wondering if at any time Nigeria ever had a good president or if Nigeria has never been furtunate to have a good leader.

Who was the best president we ever had? Whose government was the best we ever had? Who was the best president Nigeria NEVER had and why or is it that we are just people that can never be pleased?
Re: Who Was The Best President Nigeria Ever/never Had? by BigB11(m): 3:16pm On Jul 18, 2008
Unlike other Africans, Nigerians are too judgmental and can never be pleased!
Re: Who Was The Best President Nigeria Ever/never Had? by Bolarge(m): 3:24pm On Jul 18, 2008
Obafemi Awolowo.

2 Likes

Re: Who Was The Best President Nigeria Ever/never Had? by superstan(m): 3:45pm On Jul 18, 2008
ibrahim badamosi babangida. cool
Re: Who Was The Best President Nigeria Ever/never Had? by willy4: 4:05pm On Jul 18, 2008
Bolarge:

Obafemi Awolowo.
Obafemi Awolowo de Backstabber and War Criminal
Re: Who Was The Best President Nigeria Ever/never Had? by mazaje(m): 5:01pm On Jul 18, 2008
Mahammadu Buhari.
Re: Who Was The Best President Nigeria Ever/never Had? by manmustwac(m): 11:38pm On Jul 18, 2008
superstan:

ibrahim badamosi babangida. cool
International Theif Theif na our best president ever? The guy wack Nigeria dry
Re: Who Was The Best President Nigeria Ever/never Had? by manmustwac(m): 11:40pm On Jul 18, 2008
What about Muritala Mohammed he was the best president by a mile but only lasted six months before he was assasinated him during a botched coup
Re: Who Was The Best President Nigeria Ever/never Had? by Gamine(f): 11:41pm On Jul 18, 2008
Babangida and Abacha.

i dont care that they stole

my life was so good back then, no strezzz grin grin grin
Re: Who Was The Best President Nigeria Ever/never Had? by manmustwac(m): 1:07am On Jul 19, 2008
Gamine:

Babangida and Abacha.

i don't care that they stole

my life was so good back then, no strezzz grin grin grin
maybe your life was better under them but they are not doing 10 kobo for the country. When i visited Nigeria in July 1987 the pound was 1 to 7 naira now its 1 pound to 230 naira. So small small the country was getting worse.
Re: Who Was The Best President Nigeria Ever/never Had? by Gamine(f): 1:13am On Jul 19, 2008
embarassed
Re: Who Was The Best President Nigeria Ever/never Had? by manmustwac(m): 1:38am On Jul 19, 2008
Gamine when i first visited Nigeria in 1980 i think 1 pound was 3 naira then bottle coke was 15 kobo mirinda 10 kobo we used to buy chupa chops {lollypop} for 10 kobo and English comics which were 50 kobo.

Things were bam then during my holiday, but if i compare it to Nigeria today. People are suffering there
Re: Who Was The Best President Nigeria Ever/never Had? by Gamine(f): 1:41am On Jul 19, 2008
i remember buying choco milo for 25K

and i litre coke for 3 naira

1.25 naira for 35cl.

Sir, i do know things are worse.

But what are the present people doing?

Nothing!
Re: Who Was The Best President Nigeria Ever/never Had? by CH3COO(m): 1:42am On Jul 19, 2008
See this 40 year old edo woman.
Re: Who Was The Best President Nigeria Ever/never Had? by Ijiji1(m): 1:46am On Jul 19, 2008
Gamine:

i remember buying choco milo for 25K

and i litre coke for 3 naira

1.25 naira for 35cl.

Sir, i do know things are worse.

But what are the present people doing?

Nothing!

manmustwac:

Gamine when i first visited Nigeria in 1980 i think 1 pound was 3 naira then bottle coke was 15 kobo mirinda 10 kobo we used to buy chupa chops {lollypop} for 10 kobo and English comics which were 50 kobo.

Things were bam then during my holiday, but if i compare it to Nigeria today. People are suffering there

shocked shocked shocked wow you ple are freaking old as dirt. shocked shocked shocked
Re: Who Was The Best President Nigeria Ever/never Had? by Gamine(f): 2:03am On Jul 19, 2008
lololol

My own is in the early 90s oooh embarassed
Re: Who Was The Best President Nigeria Ever/never Had? by manmustwac(m): 2:14am On Jul 19, 2008
Gamine:

lololol

My own is in the early 90s oooh embarassed
yeah well early 80s i dey talk there was even a time when 1 pound was 1 naira in the mid 70s
Re: Who Was The Best President Nigeria Ever/never Had? by Ijiji1(m): 2:17am On Jul 19, 2008
Gemine I'm sure you remember the time when tom-tom was 1 kobo tongue
Re: Who Was The Best President Nigeria Ever/never Had? by Gamine(f): 2:23am On Jul 19, 2008
lol,
@Manmustwac

i heard of that, men it must have been blissss
Re: Who Was The Best President Nigeria Ever/never Had? by brownbonno(m): 3:02pm On Jul 19, 2008
OBJ will be vindicated by history.Now i can talk to friends and family in Naija any time and day by GSM.The era of failed bank is over.
Re: Who Was The Best President Nigeria Ever/never Had? by tpia: 3:14pm On Jul 19, 2008
I cant even remember the general prices of things without concentrating hard undecided. The only one I seem to recollect is bread @ 50 kobo, then later five naira. 25 kobo candy, N5 coke, I think. And my dad's friend buying a brand new peugeot 504 @ N5000, back in the day.

Inflation is worldwide though. Plenty of people in the US can recall buying gas/fuel at 40 cents a gallon.  Later, after prices rose, filling the tank with $15 or less (at about $2.00 or so pg). Today its $4.00 and above per gallon.

@ topic: the best president Nigeria ever had, hasnt been born, and will never be born. Because no matter what, most Nigerians will never see something good in anything that comes out of Nigeria.
Re: Who Was The Best President Nigeria Ever/never Had? by Kobojunkie: 3:27pm On Jul 19, 2008
So far, I believe Buhari/Idiagbon regime was the best. Yes dictators but in less than a year, I figure about 6 months into office, those men were able to effect change that was felt by even the ordinary Nigerian. States were cleaner, discipline was the order of the day and prices stabilized. I remember bread back then went for about 10 kobo and school.

You should have seen people queuing at yaba,idumota etc to board public transportation. Every other saturday, from 7 am to 10pm, there was mandatory clean up all around the country ( Environmental Sanitation). I remember taking out the trash every saturday for the garbage man to come pick up. The roads were in good shape. I am not really sure about the state of the economy but it was decent. There were more jobs back then as well.
Re: Who Was The Best President Nigeria Ever/never Had? by ayomifull(f): 3:09pm On Jul 21, 2008
tpia:

@ topic: the best president Nigeria ever had, hasnt been born, and will never be born. Because no matter what, most Nigerians will never see something good in anything that comes out of Nigeria.

Does this mean all hope is lost?
Re: Who Was The Best President Nigeria Ever/never Had? by tpia: 3:14pm On Jul 21, 2008
ayomifull:

Does this mean all hope is lost?

I just mean no matter what a president does, he or she will always have critics.

especially a Nigerian president.
Re: Who Was The Best President Nigeria Ever/never Had? by courage89(m): 7:48pm On Jul 21, 2008
Obafemi Awolowo

then you can say

Buhari & Tunde Idiagbon
Re: Who Was The Best President Nigeria Ever/never Had? by Busybody2(f): 1:39am On Jul 22, 2008
Have to say Buhari/Idiagbon too. Remember the chills that used to run down people's spin as environmental sanitation day looms, due to wolewole.
Re: Who Was The Best President Nigeria Ever/never Had? by ayomifull(f): 3:46pm On Jul 22, 2008
Can we ever have a president that will turn back the hand of the clock?
Re: Who Was The Best President Nigeria Ever/never Had? by youngies(m): 4:04pm On Jul 22, 2008
Kobojunkie:

So far, I believe Buhari/Idiagbon regime was the best. Yes dictators but in less than a year, I figure about 6 months into office, those men were able to effect change that was felt by even the ordinary Nigerian. States were cleaner, discipline was the order of the day and prices stabilized. I remember bread back then went for about 10 kobo and school.

You should have seen people queuing at yaba,idumota etc to board public transportation. Every other saturday, from 7 am to 10pm, there was mandatory clean up all around the country ( Environmental Sanitation). I remember taking out the trash every saturday for the garbage man to come pick up. The roads were in good shape. I am not really sure about the state of the economy but it was decent. There were more jobs back then as well.
You forgot to also include tha enactment of that obnoxious decree to execute retoregressively drug couriers
Re: Who Was The Best President Nigeria Ever/never Had? by ezer(m): 4:26pm On Jul 22, 2008
i dont think Nigeria has got any good president since existence.
Re: Who Was The Best President Nigeria Ever/never Had? by Eziachi: 5:05pm On Jul 22, 2008
brownbonno:

OBJ will be vindicated by history.Now i can talk to friends and family in Naija any time and day by GSM.The era of failed bank is over.

Don't make me laugh, tell me any nation on this earth that doesn't have a GSM NETWORK? If GSM is his handiwork or achievement, you and I knew that Nigeria will NEVER HAD got one. How granting a license to foreign companies stranslated into his achievement is beyond belief. Even Somalia has GSM before Nigeria. If OBJ gave Nigerian GSM, then George Bush or Tony Blair will claim to give their people the iPod.

Nigeria is all their history has never witness a sunny period due to leadership excpet
Awolowo as Western premier
Okpara as Eastern premier
Ahmadu Bello as Northern premier
PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Who Was The Best President Nigeria Ever/never Had? by obiem(m): 5:05pm On Jul 22, 2008
According to Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu, it's Obafemi Awolowo,
Re: Who Was The Best President Nigeria Ever/never Had? by Pataki: 5:21pm On Jul 22, 2008
Did we ever have a President?

I cannot recollect any at all. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Security: Kaduna Government Declares Curfew In 2 LGAs / Breaking; INEC Results Show Obi Won Bayelsa State. / Updates: Lagos Light Rail (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.