Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,869 members, 7,806,477 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:04 PM

2 Female Undergraduates Stripped For Robbery In Calabar - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 2 Female Undergraduates Stripped For Robbery In Calabar (48780 Views)

Nigeriens Arrested For Robbery In Nigeria (photo) / Photos From Another Traffic Robbery In Lagos / Mother Of 3 Got Arrested For Robbery In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

2 Female Undergraduates Stripped For Robbery In Calabar by Nobody: 11:15am On Nov 19, 2013
TWO female undergraduate robbery suspects and their male partner in crime were battered and stripped naked in Calabar, Friday afternoon, for attempting to rob a businesswoman of N1.5 million.

The three suspects operating in a Golf car were accosted by a taxi driver at about 4pm along the Murtala Muhammed Highway by the Cross River State new secretariat, while their driver and one other suspect escaped.

The gang reportedly ambushed the businesswoman who had gone to withdraw the N1.5 million at a bank along Calabar Road, near the Watt market, where they approached her to join their cab and the woman who appeared eager to arrive home because of the money she had withdrawn immediately accepted and boarded the taxi.

Trouble started as she got to her destination and discovered that the taxi driver became unwilling to allow her alight from the vehicle. The robbery suspects were said to have brought out guns and asked her to cooperate with them if she did not want to get hurt.

The victim told Vanguard, “The suspects told me to cooperate with them and quietly hand over the N1.5 million or I would be killed.” She said she suddenly became “angry in the spirit because this money is contribution money and my members who want to share the money on Sunday so they could get their Christmas things early would not believe me. So I was ready to die and began to raise alarm in the vehicle and calling for help”.

She said her shouts attracted the attention of a taxi driver who decided to give the Golf car a hot chase until he overtook and blocked the vehicle at Atekong Drive”.

The driver of the five-man gang and another suspect escaped by quickly alighting from the car and running across the highway and then jumping the perimeter fence of the new secretariat. She added, “These two ladies were apprehended by the people who came to see what was the trouble between the two taxis. They began to beat them when they heard what they had done to me.”

The suspects who were thoroughly beaten and stripped were later handed over to police who came to the scene. Vanguard learnt that the ladies confessed that they were students of Ebonyi State University and members of a syndicate which left Abakaliki in Ebonyi State to Aba in Abia State.

When contacted, the Police Public Relations officer of the State Police Command, Mr. Hoggan Bassey confirmed that the three suspects were in police custody, saying they would soon be charged to court.

His words, “nemesis has caught up with them. They are being investigated and so far they have confessed that they used to hang around bank premises with their car, shouting one chance, one chance and waiting for people coming out of the bank with money.

“The Cross River State police commissioner Shola Shodipo has promised armed robbers, kidnappers and other criminals a raw deal this Christmas season. Cross River State is the most peaceful state in Nigeria and we are prepared to compromise the crime free status of the state.”
[quote][/quote]

www.vanguardngr.com/2013/11/two-female-undergraduates-stripped-robbery-calabar/

2 Likes

Re: 2 Female Undergraduates Stripped For Robbery In Calabar by joseph1832(m): 11:26am On Nov 19, 2013
The thirst for material things have made some people become more desperate than El Mariachi.

3 Likes

Re: 2 Female Undergraduates Stripped For Robbery In Calabar by abdulaz: 11:26am On Nov 19, 2013
ASUU results showing ugly faces one by one.

2 Likes

Re: 2 Female Undergraduates Stripped For Robbery In Calabar by Jmain: 11:26am On Nov 19, 2013
Calabar pipu no dey dull. . . Them wan come spoil awa Carnival jolly angry . . .

2 Likes

Re: 2 Female Undergraduates Stripped For Robbery In Calabar by samuelkaykay(m): 11:28am On Nov 19, 2013
The woman and taxi driver took a big risk.maybe the gun was a toy gun.even as ex-cadet officer i cant challenge an armed person,life is too precious.Thank God 4 the rescue.

10 Likes

Re: 2 Female Undergraduates Stripped For Robbery In Calabar by joseph1832(m): 11:28am On Nov 19, 2013
abdulaz: ASUU results showing ugly faces one by one.

Dude this has absolutely nothing to do with ASUU. Just cause ASUU is on strike doesn't give one the audacity to break the law!.

13 Likes

Re: 2 Female Undergraduates Stripped For Robbery In Calabar by abdulaz: 11:29am On Nov 19, 2013
ASUU results showing their ugly faces one by one.
Re: 2 Female Undergraduates Stripped For Robbery In Calabar by Annie2gud(f): 11:33am On Nov 19, 2013
''Angry'' in The spirit.The Woman is vexing.Nice one.

3 Likes

Re: 2 Female Undergraduates Stripped For Robbery In Calabar by 740megawatts: 11:36am On Nov 19, 2013
The robbery syndicate came all the way from Aba (or is it Abakaliki) to rob in Calabar...Chai, Interstate robbery squad

1 Like

Re: 2 Female Undergraduates Stripped For Robbery In Calabar by Ichel: 12:05pm On Nov 19, 2013
Picture evidence

3 Likes

Re: 2 Female Undergraduates Stripped For Robbery In Calabar by Nobody: 12:16pm On Nov 19, 2013
Jmain: Calabar pipu no dey dull. . . Them wan come spoil awa Carnival jolly angry . . .
So you be calabar boy? No wonder? lipsrsealed

I have known Calabar to be a peaceful city. Why bad belle pipo wan come carry their bad belle spoil the place? Na wa o!
Re: 2 Female Undergraduates Stripped For Robbery In Calabar by AlfaSeltzer(m): 12:16pm On Nov 19, 2013
Pics or it didn't happen.
Re: 2 Female Undergraduates Stripped For Robbery In Calabar by Annie2gud(f): 12:18pm On Nov 19, 2013
740megawatts: The robbery syndicate came all the way from Aba (or is it Abakaliki) to rob in Calabar...Chai, Interstate robbery squad
[s]
740megawatts: The robbery syndicate came all the way from Aba (or is it Abakaliki) to rob in Calabar...Chai, Interstate robbery squad
[/s]
you Don start abi?
Re: 2 Female Undergraduates Stripped For Robbery In Calabar by Annie2gud(f): 12:21pm On Nov 19, 2013
[s]
[/s]
I Don Cancel The State.
Re: 2 Female Undergraduates Stripped For Robbery In Calabar by Nobody: 12:23pm On Nov 19, 2013
Alfa Seltzer: Pics or it didn't happen.
you want to feed your eyes on picture of stripped ladies? Sorry, it did happen and no picture for you to see. tongue angry

3 Likes

Re: 2 Female Undergraduates Stripped For Robbery In Calabar by MrAboki: 12:36pm On Nov 19, 2013
Where the Picture na?!
Re: 2 Female Undergraduates Stripped For Robbery In Calabar by ifeanyidavid: 12:37pm On Nov 19, 2013
The pictures nko or didn't happen?
Re: 2 Female Undergraduates Stripped For Robbery In Calabar by Jaywilzee(m): 12:37pm On Nov 19, 2013
Its dat time of d year again............everybody wants to spend BIIIIIG dis xmas..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2 Female Undergraduates Stripped For Robbery In Calabar by delegiwa(m): 12:38pm On Nov 19, 2013
Na wah oh. So no pix to at least authenticate this whole story? No be say I wan look oh but...

1 Like

Re: 2 Female Undergraduates Stripped For Robbery In Calabar by rubii09: 12:41pm On Nov 19, 2013
Pics or it never happened
Re: 2 Female Undergraduates Stripped For Robbery In Calabar by busayobrig: 12:41pm On Nov 19, 2013
Assu

1 Like

Re: 2 Female Undergraduates Stripped For Robbery In Calabar by ifeanyidavid: 12:42pm On Nov 19, 2013
Were are the pictures I want to feed my eyes with those ladies or didn't happen ?

1 Like

Re: 2 Female Undergraduates Stripped For Robbery In Calabar by IYANGBALI: 12:43pm On Nov 19, 2013
Thank God they were not aluumanised,but op you disappointed me by not posting their pictures,i would have loved to see their brea_sts and toto grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 2 Female Undergraduates Stripped For Robbery In Calabar by Nobody: 12:45pm On Nov 19, 2013
vexation of spirit lmao. stoopid woman for just die because of 1.5 million naira cheesy

1 Like

Re: 2 Female Undergraduates Stripped For Robbery In Calabar by IYANGBALI: 12:45pm On Nov 19, 2013
busayobrig: Assu
what has ASUU got to do with it?why you no go rob or are you not a student?strike or no strike,a thief would always be a thief
Re: 2 Female Undergraduates Stripped For Robbery In Calabar by Nobody: 12:45pm On Nov 19, 2013
Mr Aboki: Where the Picture na?!
wetin you wan use pisure do? Oya see am! angry

Re: 2 Female Undergraduates Stripped For Robbery In Calabar by Slizbeat(m): 12:46pm On Nov 19, 2013
When we asked ASUU to stop, they refused.

We asked FG to pay the money so we could all go back to school, they refused.

Now they have added two young ladies to the robbery squad we are trying to eradicate.

Is a good thing to me, if ASUU and FG refuses to stop this their joke of a strike, then the students have no choice than to paint them bad in front of the international community. Increase the crime rate until Nigeria is being ranked Number in the world global crime rate but please, the attack shouldn't be on the populace but rather all ASUU members and all government officials that has failed to intervene or is in support just because they want campaign money come 2015.

1 Like

Re: 2 Female Undergraduates Stripped For Robbery In Calabar by free2ryhme: 12:46pm On Nov 19, 2013
women robbers ..
na wa ooo

1 Like

Re: 2 Female Undergraduates Stripped For Robbery In Calabar by GeneralShepherd(m): 12:47pm On Nov 19, 2013
Have they been tried in a competent court of law with appropriate jurisdiction? Why strip them naked and abuse them? Jungle justice reigns supreme in a country without social and judicial structures!

I pray none of you would be wrongly accused someday and killed for a crime you know nothing about!

The jungle! My jungle called Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: 2 Female Undergraduates Stripped For Robbery In Calabar by ajf(m): 12:47pm On Nov 19, 2013
*opened thread to see pictures*
*sees none*
mtcheeeeeeeeewwwwwwwww......,......
useless news..................................
not front page worthy......................
*storms out of thread*

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Makeup Artist Scary Experience: "Yahoo Ritualists: No Nigerian Lady Is Safe" / '80 Nigerians' Trend On Twitter (See Photos) / Hausa Man Killed In Enugu For Stealing Car Battery (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.