Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,250 members, 7,807,854 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:47 PM

I'm Ending It Soon - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I'm Ending It Soon (2383 Views)

What Are The PRACTICAL SOLUTIONS To Ending Child Abuse In Nigeria? / Father And Son Take Same Photo For 27 Years. With A Happy Ending. / Man Files For Divorce Because Of Wife’s Never-ending Request For Séx (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Ending It Soon by smilem: 11:27am On Nov 19, 2013
I can't go on anymore ,I've tried everything I can but its not just working ,I've lost more money than I've made ,people think everything is ok with me because of my look,even when I av not eaten for days ,I tried looking for menial jobs but no one will employ me, I give people business ideals & it always works for them but when I try such ideals myself it results in debt ,I find it hard to beg cos I believe in hard work,i'm tired I want to end it ,suicide might be the perfect solution I give up.I don't have anything doing again ..

.so ts easy for a lot of you to attack me ,you
don't really no wat am going through, about
been a teenager, I'm 32 years of age,I've
gone through hell in life ,for me to be taking
the part of suicide seems to be the last
option.I don't beg doesn't mean I'm proud
but I believe no one can help me except
myself.If I want attention I no where to go,
I'm not asking for donations just thinking
there might be someone who has gone
through wat am facing now who can give
me hope not to do what I'm about to
do ,but I was wrong BYE
(Modify ) ( Quote) ( Report )
(0) ( Reply) (Un-Follow
Re: I'm Ending It Soon by Nobody: 11:30am On Nov 19, 2013
undecided undecided
Re: I'm Ending It Soon by tellwisdom: 11:33am On Nov 19, 2013
smilem: I can't go on anymore ,I've tried everything I can but its not just working ,I've lost more money than I've made ,people think everything is ok with me because of my look,even when I av not eaten for days ,I tried looking for menial jobs but no one will employ me, I give people business ideals & it always works for them but when I try such ideals myself it results in debt ,I find it hard to beg cos I believe in hard work,i'm tired I want to end it ,suicide might be the perfect solution I give up.I don't have anything doing again.so
Re: I'm Ending It Soon by Gboliwe: 11:44am On Nov 19, 2013

You think suicide is a perfect solution to end it all? May God forgive you. I really dont know what to do with this suicide as an option trending idea
Re: I'm Ending It Soon by ifyalways(f): 11:48am On Nov 19, 2013
smilem: I can't go on anymore ,I've tried everything I can but its not just working ,I've lost more money than I've made ,people think everything is ok with me because of my look,even when I av not eaten for days ,I tried looking for menial jobs but no one will employ me, I give people business ideals & it always works for them but when I try such ideals myself it results in debt ,I find it hard to beg cos I believe in hard work,i'm tired I want to end it ,suicide might be the perfect solution I give up.I don't have anything doing again.so
If you are too proud to ask for help then you should not be wussy to endure the pains of life.
I'd rather ask for help/direction than quench in silence.

If the handicapped can make it,have reasons to stay alive,why not you?
See ya when you decide to stay alive. smiley
Re: I'm Ending It Soon by Nobody: 11:50am On Nov 19, 2013
They way people talk about taking their own life is becoming very annoying.

You don't know wat it is to pass through that hectic 9-months and the pains of labour, and you want to waste it all over nothing? undecided

SMH!
Re: I'm Ending It Soon by Annie2gud(f): 12:08pm On Nov 19, 2013
Suicide is not an option.if you decides to kill urself,have you thought abt ur soul?i guess NO.God wont be haapi with you.so u had bera Eraze that line of action.i hope you heed to my advice.think Abt it.
Re: I'm Ending It Soon by bebe2(f): 12:35pm On Nov 19, 2013
Ujujoan: They way people talk about taking their own life is becoming very annoying.

You don't know wat it is to pass through that hectic 9-months and the pains of labour, and you want to waste it all over nothing? undecided

SMH!

personally, i think its an attention seeking behaviour on the part of some pple.

its crying wolf, and wen the real victim actually cries WOLF pple wont respond becos they
heard too much of it before.
Re: I'm Ending It Soon by Gboliwe: 12:37pm On Nov 19, 2013
Ujujoan: They way people talk about taking their own life is becoming very annoying.

SMH!
it seems like there is a competition to out do another through suicide. Its trending here on nairaland, twitter and facebook. All these young people want to kill themselves over a temporary situation. How did we get here? It is actually becoming annoying!
Re: I'm Ending It Soon by RoyalRoy(m): 1:56pm On Nov 19, 2013
bebe2:

personally, i think its an attention seeking behaviour on the part of some pple.

its crying wolf, and wen the real victim actually cries WOLF pple wont respond becos they
heard too much of it before.

The point is as many as they come let's not just take it as if they are all around to have fun and seek attention.
When genuine people with serious life issues come around with such problems, a little question and answer will be okay to filter through how serious each particular case is instead of us concluding they were joking or catching fun.

I find it absurd that anyone will think its fun to tell the world you are suicidal.

Like the case of the 190fan who had really sent a mail to some people indicating he needed help in managing his depression. He was advised to speak openly about it but when he opened the thread a lot of people insulted him and actually pushed him to the edge.

Let's learn to look past it if we feel they are not sincere with their threat and leave the space for people who believe the story.

5 Likes

Re: I'm Ending It Soon by Nobody: 2:37pm On Nov 19, 2013
Very well said RR.
What most of us don't want to believe is that for every 100 young pple we c everyday, more than 20 had at one point or d other wanted to end it.

I opened this to console somebody but as it is,I'm too shocked to think straight from d posts I saw.

1 Like

Re: I'm Ending It Soon by Nobody: 2:50pm On Nov 19, 2013
Royal Roy:

The point is as many as they come let's not just take it as if they are all around to have fun and seek attention.
When genuine people with serious life issues come around with such problems, a little question and answer will be okay to filter through how serious each particular case is instead of us concluding they were joking or catching fun.
Like the case of the 190fan who had really sent a mail to people Herr indicating he needed help in managing his depression. He was adviced to speak openly about it but when he opened the thread a lot of people insulted him and actually pushed him to the edge.
Let's learn to look past it if we feel they are not sincere with their threat and leave the space for people who believe the story.

First of all, what's with all this font pimping undecided

Maybe Nld is not the place to 'seek such help' . . . . What about local churches, relatives e.t.c? we are all dealing with issues in our lives and hand-holding every potential suicidal person is kind of sending the wrong message . . . It's like feeding the attention they crave and it doesn't really solve any problem in the lng run!

Like someone said, how did we get here? Why does every teenager think the best way out is to end h/her life? The more people's issues are addressed, the more new threads are springing up. When does it really end undecided
Re: I'm Ending It Soon by Nobody: 2:53pm On Nov 19, 2013
yellowpawpaw: Very well said RR.
What most of us don't want to believe is that for every 100 young pple we c everyday, more than 20 had at one point or d other wanted to end it.

I opened this to console somebody but as it is,I'm too shocked to think straight from d posts I saw.

My sister, somebody needs to tell them what an abomination it is to take one's own life.

How can people decide to end their life whenever they face any obstacles, like ending one's life is such an easy task.

I think it's time to take up the 'tough-love' approach . . . undecided
Re: I'm Ending It Soon by Nobody: 3:10pm On Nov 19, 2013
Uju, will u be suprise if I tell u I actually did commit suicide at my younger age?
At that time, d only thing in my mind is kill urself. U will completely forget church, mosque, whomever that might be of help cos in ur mind u feel that all have failed u.
The social media is an avenue where u can actually express urselve as u want. During my time, it wasn't the way it is now or let's say I didn't have access to it as I did now cos I would hv cried out.

Pls allow them to talk(talking alone reduces d percentage cos invariably d person want help so is crying out. Some don't.
Even if its all a gimmick, somebody somewhere is reading and getting inspired. U can never tell. Good words r like balm to an athriatic joints.
Let's encourage pls instead.

Kedu ka unu mere?
Ama m na ahu dicha ndi be gi?
I ga adi nwanne.

1 Like

Re: I'm Ending It Soon by Nobody: 3:17pm On Nov 19, 2013
yellowpawpaw: Uju, will u be suprise if I tell u I actually did commit suicide at my younger age?
At that time, d only thing in my mind is kill urself. U will completely forget church, mosque, whomever that might be of help cos in ur mind u feel that all have failed u.
The social media is an avenue where u can actually express urselve as u want. During my time, it wasn't the way it is now or let's say I didn't have access to it as I did now cos I would hv cried out.

Pls allow them to talk(talking alone reduces d percentage cos invariably d person want help so is crying out. Some don't.
Even if its all a gimmick, somebody somewhere is reading and getting inspired. U can never tell. Good words r like balm to an athriatic joints.
Let's encourage pls instead.

Kedu ka unu mere?
Ama m na ahu dicha ndi be gi?
I ga adi nwanne.

WooooW! shocked shocked shocked

I guess we can never really know what goes on in their minds . . . undecided

I agree it's better to say nothing than condemn/attack them.

Anyi no si soo . . .
Nne Chukwu nonyelu gi na ndi be gi! cool
Re: I'm Ending It Soon by ifyalways(f): 4:17pm On Nov 19, 2013
Ujujoan:

First of all, what's with all this font pimping undecided

Maybe Nld is not the place to 'seek such help' . . . . What about local churches, relatives e.t.c? we are all dealing with issues in our lives and hand-holding every potential suicidal person is kind of sending the wrong message . . . It's like feeding the attention they crave and it doesn't really solve any problem in the lng run!

Like someone said, how did we get here? Why does every teenager think the best way out is to end h/her life? The more people's issues are addressed, the more new threads are springing up. When does it really end undecided
I sometimes find the whole ish nauseating to be honest!

There should be a firm line somewhere. People should be taught/encouraged to toughen up and face life when it hits them and as usual, we Nigerians not just abuse every "opportunity" but also over-do each fad.

Every small problem now calls for a suicide thread. Anyways, this phase too will soon fade.
190fan,had financial problems,business gone bad bla bla. He started with a suicide thread(emotional blackmail) and when the thread didn't swing to "ok-lets-get-him-some-donation" ,he came outrightly clean to ask for 170K or so,when that too didn't get any steam,he deactivated his account. cheesy

People have problems,get depressed and might think suicide but then when it becomes a trend(as its gradually becoming) then the society would soon get used to it and IGNORE.

Money,wealth comes over time. Todays Youth want it all overnight,no patience. If you fail,you must learn to rise as opposed to threat to kill yourself.life will go on just fine without you. There are nlders that I know from the job section that have been jobless for years,I really really wonder how they survive but you still see them hopeful, loving life and struggling.
If you've given up on yourself,why should I bother?

Life is tough,we MUST force ourselves,accept,decide to deal with it.

3 Likes

Re: I'm Ending It Soon by smilem: 4:57pm On Nov 19, 2013
its easy for a lot of you to attack me ,you don't really no wat am going through, about been a teenager, I'm 32 years of age,I've gone through hell in life ,for me to be taking the part of suicide seems to be the last option.I don't beg doesn't mean I'm proud but I believe no one can help me except myself.If I want attention I no where to go, I'm not asking for donations just thinking there might be someone who has gone through wat am facing now who can give me hope not to do what I'm about to do ,but I was wrong BYE
Re: I'm Ending It Soon by ifyalways(f): 5:10pm On Nov 19, 2013
Bye and see you around with a another moniker.

When you finish your shakara, check out this thread and threads at the job section.

https://www.nairaland.com/1522367/please-need
Re: I'm Ending It Soon by baby124: 6:32pm On Nov 19, 2013
ifyalways: Bye and see you around with a another moniker.

When you finish your shakara, check out this thread and threads at the job section.

https://www.nairaland.com/1522367/please-need

LMAO. We can try to help who we can but not all. Some people i know do this for attention. And there by start to put doubt in peoples mind when people say they are truly troubled. This OP, you need to find a job to do. And if you insist by all means, please make sure you carry it out in front of aso rock. After calling enough media to witness. I have a feeling you have opened a thread here before. You are just looking for free money. Bros am sorry, things dey tight for everyone. If you dont want to work, then carry out your threat in front of aso rock. At least, these people there need to be awakened to what is going on in naija.
Re: I'm Ending It Soon by zeb04(f): 6:34pm On Nov 19, 2013
Well if u kip trusting God nd keep working hard,everytin wil b alright mayb nt today but eventually
Re: I'm Ending It Soon by Gboliwe: 6:56pm On Nov 19, 2013
smilem: its easy for a lot of you to attack me ,you don't really no wat am going through, about been a teenager, I'm 32 years of age,I've gone through hell in life ,for me to be taking the part of suicide seems to be the last option.I don't beg doesn't mean I'm proud but I believe no one can help me except myself.If I want attention I no where to go, I'm not asking for donations just thinking there might be someone who has gone through wat am facing now who can give me hope not to do what I'm about to do ,but I was wrong BYE

Please share what it is you are passing through, it may help someone treat you with more caution/sympathy. I am sorry and apologise on behalf of everyone of us who didnt look at you in pity.

1 Like

Re: I'm Ending It Soon by ifyalways(f): 7:17pm On Nov 19, 2013
baby_123:

LMAO. We can try to help who we can but not all. Some people i know do this for attention. And there by start to put doubt in peoples mind when people say they are truly troubled. This OP, you need to find a job to do. And if you insist by all means, please make sure you carry it out in front of aso rock. After calling enough media to witness. I have a feeling you have opened a thread here before. You are just looking for free money. Bros am sorry, things dey tight for everyone. If you dont want to work, then carry out your threat in front of aso rock. At least, these people there need to be awakened to what is going on in naija.
I directed him to that thread so he can spot the difference btw himself and that OP. The other OP is a mech eng graduate with a wonderful CV and have been jobless for years but not even once did he mention the "S" word on his thread. He's down,oppressed by the Nigerian job mkt but he's still a survivor- willing to try and stay afloat against all odds.

The earlier he wakes up,sit up and push it,the better for him.

1 Like

Re: I'm Ending It Soon by izuplayspiano(m): 7:27pm On Nov 19, 2013
@OP
I understand you're passing through a hard time, but one thing you should also know is that you're not the only one passing through this kind of situation. A lot of people that are born with deformities still try to live a happy life. Your wahala be say u never get job. please, I've not found a job too and I've never in my life thought about attempting suicide. my advises are two:
1)it's either you go out to the streets and hustle with your fellow men. There're people that make a living by hawking on the roadsides.
2)if you still chose to end it soon, why not look for these ritualists and turn yourself in, instead of dying in vain?
Suicide is not a part of our culture! There should be no sympathy for anyone that took his own life.
Re: I'm Ending It Soon by Nobody: 6:35am On Nov 21, 2013
So Smilem, I hope I've been able to
make you see life differently. grin wish you luck. cool
Re: I'm Ending It Soon by RoyalRoy(m): 7:21am On Nov 21, 2013
Hmmm. Stories that touch the heart.
@Op please read and learn.
Your situation is far better than some others out there and they still manage to keep going.
As long as the sun still shines it can only get better.
Find a useful hobby to keep your mind busy.
Challenge yourself to excel in a particular area of life.
Keep fighting hard till you rise above your limitations.

All will be well
Re: I'm Ending It Soon by sokoanugwa: 9:06am On Nov 21, 2013
@OP, that you are not willing to seek and ask for help say alot about your person. Most people that commit suicide are selfish and proud. You need to look inward and find what makes you happy in life. Your passion will naturally kill the desire to commit suicide and know that at this age, you are still very young and if you do not lose your confidence in God, surely he will see you through.

Its well
Re: I'm Ending It Soon by deflover(m): 11:40am On Nov 21, 2013
ifyalways:
I sometimes find the whole ish nauseating to be honest!

There should be a firm line somewhere. People should be taught/encouraged to toughen up and face life when it hits them and as usual, we Nigerians not just abuse every "opportunity" but also over-do each fad.

Every small problem now calls for a suicide thread. Anyways, this phase too will soon fade.
190fan,had financial problems,business gone bad bla bla. He started with a suicide thread(emotional blackmail) and when the thread didn't swing to "ok-lets-get-him-some-donation" ,he came outrightly clean to ask for 170K or so,when that too didn't get any steam,he deactivated his account. cheesy

People have problems,get depressed and might think suicide but then when it becomes a trend(as its gradually becoming) then the society would soon get used to it and IGNORE.

Money,wealth comes over time. Todays Youth want it all overnight,no patience. If you fail,you must learn to rise as opposed to threat to kill yourself.life will go on just fine without you. There are nlders that I know from the job section that have been jobless for years,I really really wonder how they survive but you still see them hopeful, loving life and struggling.
If you've given up on yourself,why should I bother?

Life is tough,we MUST force ourselves,accept,decide to deal with it.

i find dat rather selfish of you....you dont know him.....people asked him wat he can do....he spoke wat he can do and u say he came out clean...why are nigerians so filled with hate.....not every1 is a scammer.....he has done well for himself and wen tins went bad he was advised to state his problems and if he knows how he can be helped he should state it too....now to u dat means he came clean....if u cant help or as u stated pull out d e-donation it will be good to close d gutter of a mouth......suicide is not to be joked wit.....becos of ur self centered attitude people can die....if u have no love in you dont come here to show it...........Life is a bitch.......the person u call lazy is far better than you are but maybe right now tins didnt work for him......i find you so super annoying

2 Likes

Re: I'm Ending It Soon by RoyalRoy(m): 2:44pm On Nov 21, 2013
ifyalways :
Every small problem now calls
for a suicide thread. Anyways,
this phase too will soon fade.
190fan,had financial
problems,business gone bad bla
bla. He started with a suicide
thread(emotional blackmail) and
when the thread didn't swing to
"ok-lets-get-him-some-
donation" ,he came outrightly
clean to ask for 170K or
so,when that too didn't get any
steam,he deactivated his
account.

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Didnt read this part earlier.

So Ify you got it all figured out right?

Na wa for you o.

To think this person you claim to have "come clean" actually had real issues and people spoke to him in details.

Am really amazed at the way you jump to conclusions.
Same balderdash you kept spewing on the thread which u later apologised for.

Stop being all knowing when you can't even see beyond your nose.
Not cool at all.

1 Like

Re: I'm Ending It Soon by ifyalways(f): 3:32pm On Nov 21, 2013
Royal Roy:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Didnt read this part earlier.

So Ify you got it all figured out right?

Na wa for you o.

To think this person you claim to have "come clean" actually had real issues and people spoke to him in details.

Am really amazed at the way you jump to conclusions.
Same balderdash you kept spewing on the thread which u later apologised for.

Stop being all knowing when you can't even see beyond your nose.
Not cool at all.
Dis thing wont just stop. You ignore it but no,it comes back sniffing for shyte to pick.
Na you dey spit balderdash. You and whatever that swings your freaky boat.

Take your e-cool face and stuff it where the sun does not shine.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Impact Of Divorce On Children / I Have An Amazingly Handsome Son / Is It Acceptable To Have A Male Teacher In A Crèche?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.